How Would You Book A MITB Cash-In?

I love how people think Punk's keeping the briefcase. It's not happening. He won with it last year, and he's holding on to it temporarily. Simple as that.

I've mentioned the idea already, but I'll go into further detail on how MATT FREAKIN' HARDY should and will win the MITB and take the case off of Punk...

1) The draft takes place. Punk is drafted to Smackdown...OR Matt's drafted to Raw. Either way, got to make them be on the same brand.

2) Next, Punk comes out...cuts a promo on how he's thrilled to have the case back after how Orton screwed him out of his WHT last year and he rants on how payback's a bitch, blah blah blah...then

3) OH YEAAAAAHHHH! Matt's music plays, interrupting Punk. Hardy's standing on the stage...talking about how HIS match was the highlight of WM 25, NOT his MITB WIN, not the Undertaker's streak, and NOT CENA AND HHH! He says the only thing missing from Matt Hardy's trophy case, is a world title. And he goes on how he would have won MITB if he wasn't beating his brother Jeff to pieces. He then goes on how he knows Punk cashed his in last year and that he doesn't even need the case...

4) Punk goes on to say that this case guarantees me a shot at the title...I'm at the top of the line as long as I have this thing.

5) Matt then says he'd love nothing more than a fair shot at the Briefcase at Backlash...Punk would accept.

6) Matt beats Punk for the case...then the next time he's on either show he's drafted to, he would go on about his hot streak...and how he's not doing anything with this until WM 26.

Then you could go on with him defending it like a title for the next few months...then he actually DOES wait to after the Royal Rumble to challenge the champion at WM 26! Then, he wins the belt, in all his glory.

I like that... sounds right to me.

I don't know, because it's hard to tell because we don't know were everyone is going.

Really what makes the most sense is to have CM Punk cash it in after Orton wins it, only because Orton cost him the title so it would only make since to let it come full circle and I think a Punk/Orton feud would be awesome.

Everyone always thinks that if you have the briefcase you are always going to win, because thats what happened with the first 4 people who have held the briefcase.

What I would do this year with Punks Briefcase is have him cash it in after the Last Man Standing Match at Backlash on Cena (if he wins). Punk hits him with the GTS, but then Cena kicks out, and then Punk goes for another GTS but Cena reverses with the FU and then pins him. This isnt because I dont like Punk or I love Cena, its purely becase I think the MITB is being taken for granted a bit as a definite world title, when its only a shot at the world title.

By Punk losing this shot we can open up a whole new side to his character e.g. a crazed heel character solely intent on winning the title (ala Edge in 04/05/06). Punk is in a need for a character change as it is, and losing a MITB title match is a perfect opportunity for Punk to undergo this character change. From this Punk can have a good feud with Cena, possibly with a Punk title change at GAB or Extreme Rules (in a cheating heel way) and with Cena regaining the title at a higher profile event like Summerslam.

If the feud could get personal it could be a potential feud of the year candidate, but it would have to be booked carefully obviously, as Punks character change will be a big one. But this is how I would book the MITB cash-in, its slightly risky but the pay-off could be huge.

I agree. This is a very good idea. The only thing is, I don't think punk should hit the gts, I think punk should take him up for the gts, cena should roll him up, and he loses.

Heres how I would cash it in. It's Wrestlemania 26 and its Batista vs Cena for the championship. Batista wins and becomes the new champion but on the titantron a footage plays of Punk vs Batista from 2008 for the championship and the next thing you know is that Punk come from under the ring and pins Batista to become the new champion. How cool would that be?!

Heres how I would cash it in. It's Wrestlemania 26 and its Batista vs Cena for the championship. Batista wins and becomes the new champion but on the titantron a footage plays of Punk vs Batista from 2008 for the championship and the next thing you know is that Punk come from under the ring and pins Batista to become the new champion. How cool would that be?!

Not very.

Punk needs to win the championship by actually outwrestling the champion and really earning the right to become the WWE Champion or World Heavyweight Champion. This would boost his overall appeal as a full time main eventer. If he just wins the title by taking advantage of a certain situation like he did last year, as a babyface what sort of message is that sending to the viewers?

I'd have him announce that he will be cashing in his MITB contract at the next PPV (say Night of Champions) against the WWE Champion (say Triple H). Trips would be able to go on about how Punk was a paper champion last time and how he won it the wrong way etc etc, and Punk would then be able to win the WWE title from Trips fairly and cleanly at Night of Champions and that would prove that he actually does deserve to be the champion. It's great for a heel to take advantage of a certain situation and win the WWE title (like Edge did at NYR06) though. It draws more heat towards them and makes people hate them more cause they cheated their way to the top. A Face should demonstrate hard-work and being fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back