Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldboy is indeed wonderful in every sense of the word. I'll have to remember that one when I'm coming up with my best films of the decade list.

I think I'll watch Christine. I'm bored and a Stephen King movie sounds good right now.

I'm sure I would have loved it alot more had the ending not already been ruined for me years before I saw it.

Oldboy is indeed wonderful in every sense of the word. I'll have to remember that one when I'm coming up with my best films of the decade list.

I think I'll watch Christine. I'm bored and a Stephen King movie sounds good right now.

Tell us what you think of Christine...I think it's the best King adaptation ever made.

Really? Well now I'll have to pay extra attention to the film, haven't watched it in a very long time.

Would you discount The Shining for being so different from the novel?

Really? Well now I'll have to pay extra attention to the film, haven't watched it in a very long time.

Would you discount The Shining for being so different from the novel?

Although a fan of Kubrick, I've never been a fan of this film. If it wasn't for Nicholson's over-the-top performance, then I don't think it would have been anywhere near legendary as it is today.

Really? I think it's brilliant. There are several very, very creepy moments in that film from the woman in the bathtub to the sheer "WTF" moment of the two costumed men having sex towards the end of the film.

I think it's a masterpiece of horror really. Very different from the book though (in a good way).

This Funny Games poster was voted as the best Movie Poster of the Decade:

bg33gp.jpg

I've made it clear many times how I've felt about this movie, but even I have to admit, even though it's simple, that poster is fan-fucking-tastic. I've always loved it. Hell, honestly... I love the other promotional posters for the film as well. And of course... the trailer was one of the most well put together film trailers I've ever seen.

All these being so great makes the movie that much worse though in my eyes. All this awesome production and acting in a film, just only for it to exist to piss Americans off. Haneke deserves to be shot.

This Funny Games poster was voted as the best Movie Poster of the Decade:

bg33gp.jpg

I've made it clear many times how I've felt about this movie, but even I have to admit, even though it's simple, that poster is fan-fucking-tastic. I've always loved it. Hell, honestly... I love the other promotional posters for the film as well. And of course... the trailer was one of the most well put together film trailers I've ever seen.

All these being so great makes the movie that much worse though in my eyes. All this awesome production and acting in a film, just only for it to exist to piss Americans off. Haneke deserves to be shot.

Hatred of Haneke carries infractions with it in the Movies & Television section. You're lucky we're in the Bar Room, or I'd give you six points right now (that is, if I could infract you).

Watched Christine earlier, not quite as good as I remember it being. Some of the "nerds vs. bullies" stuff is so stereotypically cliched though. Love Keith Gordon's performance in the film. I don't think I'd call it the best King adaptation. The Shining and Pet Sematary were both better IMO.

Man, I thought it was done perfectly. Keith Gordon's transformation made that film. The actress who played his girlfriend was the only weak link. Furthermore, the music was perfect. If anything, Christine shows you that Hollywood should have had way more faith in John Carpenter; I'd take him over Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson any day of the week.

Alot of the music in the film sounded like it was lifted from Halloween III, in fact I'm certain a good portion of it was. Very, very similar scores. Carpenter is a wonderful director so he can get away with it.

He's really, really regressed over the years though. He hasn't made a good film since In the Mouth of Madness.

Here are my picks, based off movies that I've already seen and that are on my first page:

Being There
Body Double
In The Company Of Men
The Karate Kid
L.I.E.
Monsoon Wedding
Stand and Deliver
Peeping Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online