• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is fucking awesome. One of Kilmer's best performances ever.

Still haven't seen 500 Days of Summer.

Ever seen Snatch or Adaptation? Adaptation is pretty much a masterpiece.

All regular posters in this thread,

Bullshit About Movies will be locked and done with this upcoming week. However, there's no need to worry; due to most of the posts in here not being spam according to our new rules, a non-spam version of this thread will be opened up in the Movies and Television section. This thread will be titled, "Bullshit About Movies, Box Office, and Release Dates." I hope to see you all there.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is fucking awesome. One of Kilmer's best performances ever.

Still haven't seen 500 Days of Summer.

Ever seen Snatch or Adaptation? Adaptation is pretty much a masterpiece.
I did thoroughly enjoy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. You need to see 500 Days, it's so much fucking fun, even if it is a tiny bit corny. You know that you can usually trust my taste in movies.

Nope, haven't seen either yet.
All regular posters in this thread,

Bullshit About Movies will be locked and done with this upcoming week. However, there's no need to worry; due to most of the posts in here not being spam according to our new rules, a non-spam version of this thread will be opened up in the Movies and Television section. This thread will be titled, "Bullshit About Movies, Box Office, and Release Dates." I hope to see you all there.

Umm...okay. I guess that'll work out.

You need to see 500 Days, it's so much fucking fun, even if it is a tiny bit corny. You know that you can usually trust my taste in movies.

Agreed.

Except, I wouldn't even call it corny. It's one of the most unique films you'll ever see. It's so creative that anything "corny" automatically gets unacknowledged, if that makes any sense, lol.

Anyway, should watch a film called Network sometime today or tomorrow. Anybody a fan of this film? I understand it's a classic, so I've been meaning to check it out.

Edit: That's right, X gave Network a 5/5, which is what originally made me want to check it out in the first place. So, shit... stupid question, as X is obviously a fan, lol. But X, I'll make sure to let you know specifically what I think of it after I watch it.

Yes sir JMT, definitely let me know your thoughts on Network. A one of a kind film, simply brilliant.

I've got enough blank DVDs to fill a small mine with, so I'll have to burn myself a copy of 500 Days of Summer. Been meaning to see it anyways.

Might go see Avatar tonight, depends.

Yeah I'm gonna see it later on this week on the cheap night.

Just finished watching Battle Royale, been awhile since I watched it. Remains as absolutely brilliant as ever, very few films have ever been capable of being so disturbing and so touching at the same time as that. So very, very brilliant.

Any other fans of Battle Royale? I'm sure TDigs and maybe JMT are.

I made my facebook status 'Hey binoculars and potlid, what'd ya want?' once. I considered if for my senior quote.

I was also considering 'I only shoot people I know,' credited to a former drug dealer I know.

I went with Kurtz's little bit on a slug surviving on the edge of a razor in Apocalypse Now.

Any other fans of Battle Royale? I'm sure TDigs and maybe JMT are.

Of course I am.

That film single handily ruined The Condemned for me. Seriously, how could anyone enjoy The Condemned after seeing Battle Royale? It's impossible.

You know what film was bullshit? The Spirit by Frank Miller.

Some pretty hot chicks in that one, though.

But yeah... it's shit. But who am I to say that? I actually despised Sin City as well, even though I wanted to love it, and everyone else seems to.

Is Isla Fisher's hotness enough for me to watch Confessions Of A Shopaholic with Emily?

I watched Network, X.

It reminds me of There Will Be Blood in the sense that the acting in the movie is so good that it makes you believe the movie is better than it actually is.

I loved the first half of Network, but 2nd half just bored me, man. I appreciated the wonderful acting by Faye Donaway (who was just unbelievably superb in this film) and Peter Finch, but the story lost interest in me by the time Finch's show turned into a seminar.

Watched half of Ichi the Killer last night. That shit is so fucked up. I'm watching the rest today. So I should be able to watch any gorey movie after this, right?

Watched half of Ichi the Killer last night. That shit is so fucked up. I'm watching the rest today. So I should be able to watch any gorey movie after this, right?

In terms of actual graphic violence, I'd think so. But that doesn't take into account tone/mood. I mean, the violence in Ichi is brutal but it's not very disturbing, it's almost like a pulp-kung-fu-horror-revenge film, the violence doesn't disturb you as much as it just kind of shocks you from a pure aesthetic standpoint.

But then you've got a film like Men Behind the Sun and films similar to this where the violence is just as insanely graphic but it's much, much more disturbing because the film is based on true events and presented in a much more bleak and disturbing manner.

I'd say if you can sit through Men Behind the Sun and Nacho Cerda's Aftermath, you can sit through anything. That's basically the gore litmus test I use.

Just sat through Sherlock Holmes. A little long but Downey Jr and Law were great together and I realised why I love Rachel McAdams so much. Didn't even look particular stunning but I wanted to jump on her like it was going out of fashion every time she was on screen.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is BRILLIANT. It's as good as Downey Jr has ever been. One of my fave flicks and Michelle Monaghan is IMO as hot as anyone.

Good stuff, Tdigs. Ichi the Killer was fantastic. Some parts were difficult to watch...like the nipple bit, but I think it was a great film.

Watch some more Miike films, and then you'll be ready for the greatest Japanese cult director ever: Shinya Tsukamoto. He actually played the buff cop in Ichi the Killer.

The trailer for Visitor Q looked interesting. Miike directed that, right? I love how that one guy was fucking jacked for like no reason.

Just got back from Avatar. Pure escapist mindless entertainment at it's absolute best, Cameron is great at that. Yeah some of the dialogue is terrible and sure there's not much underneath the surface, but holy fuck if it isn't a thoroughly entertaining and engrossing film like few I've seen in a long, long timee.

Great movie. Probably post a real review later on tonight.

I'm contemplating watching Battle Royale 2 tonight, I've been putting it off for months. Any opinions on the film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back