Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to go see it at the NYFF, but my plans fizzled out. I need to see that, A Serious Man, and Anti-Christ.

I'm also probably going to buy Moon when it comes out.

Went to see "UP" its sad!! What the hell, I was expecting toy story or Nemo and I get that!! WTF!?

Movie as a whole was good, just wasn't expecting the sad parts, mainly since his wife reminds me of my girlfriend (doesn't help that her name was Elly and my girlfriend is Ally either!)

I dunno...maybe i'm just sentimental..

I want to see Invictus. If Clint Eastwood manages to get another Best Director nomination, then I'll have no choice but to consider him the greatest American director alive (besides David Lynch, and, yes, I am saying that he's better than Scorsese).

Those are some serious words right there TDigs. Serious words that I completely agree with. Lynch will likely always remain my favorite filmmaker.

Frankly I wouldn't put Eastwood anywhere near Lynch though. Very inconsistent director.

Eastwood would make my top 10, definitely not #1 though. The Academy just won't get off the guy's dick. Though, I do admit, since he made Mystic River... Eastwood has been on fire (Million Dollar Baby, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters to Iwo Jima, and Changeling were all fantastic); however, I did find Gran Torino highly overrated. Still though... I can't wait to see Invictus, either. That's going to be great.

And speaking of Lynch, anybody follow his website or his Twitter? You think his movies are strange, the guy is out his mind. What a strange, unique individual he is.

Yeah Lynch is the only reason I signed up for Twitter. His "tweets" are some of the most random things I've seen, jumbled quotes and poetry and advertisements for all sorts of random events he's arranging. He's a busy guy.

Not sure I'd put Eastwood in my Top Ten. He's made some great films, but I find him to be quite overrated. Anytime a famous actor turns into a director, he tends to be quickly overrated by Hollywood and the film community.

I'm trying to find a copy of a film online named Fire in the Sky about the infamous Travis Walton alien abduction case. I've heard good things about it and really want to get my hands on it, especially after watching clips from the film on YouTube. Alien abduction creeps me out, particularly when it's done well.

I really want to see The Box. I'm a huge fan of Richard Kelly, and after reading a great review for the film on Bloody-Disgusting, my interest is piqued even more. It looked like Kelly had decided to go the bland commercial route, but from the description in the review I read, it's anything but. It's described as a mindfuck Twilight Zone episode. Which, in my book, means "Holy shit I have to see this movie right now" because of how much I love mindbenders and the Twilight Zone.

I really want to see The Box. I'm a huge fan of Richard Kelly, and after reading a great review for the film on Bloody-Disgusting, my interest is piqued even more. It looked like Kelly had decided to go the bland commercial route, but from the description in the review I read, it's anything but. It's described as a mindfuck Twilight Zone episode. Which, in my book, means "Holy shit I have to see this movie right now" because of how much I love mindbenders and the Twilight Zone.

Speaking of which... what'd you think of the Twilight Zone movie Spielberg was apart of, X?

And yeah... The Box looks awesome.

I dont get what the big deal is about Fight Club. Yea, I said it.

It was damn original though, ill say that.

Well, I think it was just because of how cool Pitt was as Tyler Durden, and how people got shocked over the twist. When most people get fooled by something, they automatically end up loving it.

I really, really like Fight Club, but I do agree it gets overrated by some. I think it's actually Jake's favorite movie, thinking about it.

It was good, but not something I would ever watch again. Brad Pitt was badass in it, but dude, its fucking Brad Pitt. He is the fuckin man, act like you expected anything else.

I think I went into it with WAY too high of expectations most likely, becuase I have heard SO much fucking hype over it.

It was good, but not something I would ever watch again. Brad Pitt was badass in it, but dude, its fucking Brad Pitt. He is the fuckin man, act like you expected anything else.

Brad Pitt's my 2nd favorite actor, so you know I'm with you there.

I think I went into it with WAY too high of expectations most likely, becuase I have heard SO much fucking hype over it.

Yeah, I think that's what happened with me and No Country for Old Men. Had I not read/heard so much hype over it, I probably wouldn't despise it as much as I do.

That sort of thing happens with wrestling matches all the time as well, lol.

Speaking of which... what'd you think of the Twilight Zone movie Spielberg was apart of, X?

Love love love it. That movie scared the shit out of me as a kid, when Dan Akroyd in the beginning asks the guy he's driving with if he wants to see something really scary? Yeah, I pissed myself. The vignette with John Lithgow and the creature on the plane is my favorite, that part in particular haunted my dreams for weeks when I was like seven.

And yeah... The Box looks awesome.

Yeah it does. Richard Kelly gets my film-loving brain all wet.

I dont get what the big deal is about Fight Club. Yea, I said it.

It was damn original though, ill say that.

I agree that it's overrated by the masses, mainly because anytime you've got people fighting for fun a bunch of *******s are going to laugh and guffaw and go "Oh man this is AWESOME!". But as a film I think it's damn good, around a 4 out of 5 stars rating I'd say. The book is a thousand times better though.

Ever seen Night of the Creeps JMT? If no, fucking do so, immediately.

If they wouldve introduced tyler a bit earlier, it wouldve helped. the first 35 minutes of that ,movie were absolutely fucking excruciating. Your right though, although i go for letter grades, id give it a B+ or an A- a bit less more than your score, but still good.

If they wouldve introduced tyler a bit earlier, it wouldve helped. the first 35 minutes of that ,movie were absolutely fucking excruciating. Your right though, although i go for letter grades, id give it a B+ or an A- a bit less more than your score, but still good.

Not really its building up Edward Norton's character as a guy who was stuck in a rut in life entire Tyler the means to get out of the rut

Went to see The 4th Kind tonight, was really unimpressed with it. The story annoyed me, the supposedly 'real' tapes of patients mixed with acting didn't mesh well. It wasn't scary, it didn't make me think, overall I dislked it.

On another note I can't wait to go and see Harry Brown, Michael Caine looks fantastic in it.

Watched Monster earlier. What an overrated film. The ending had me cringing. Very disappointing to say the least, though Charlize Theron was obviously great.

Lee Tergesen is the man though, I loved seeing his bit part in the film, love that actor.

I actually thought it was pretty good. Definitely not up there with the greatest biopics of all time like some people like to put it, and it's not anywhere near as good as Nick Broomfield's documentaries on Aileen Wuornos, but it was still a pretty damn good film nonetheless, mostly because of Theron's wonderful performance as you mentioned.

The only movies I have seen recently are Friday the 13th and Dead Like Me. DLM wasn't all that good, Friday the 13th started off slow and later became just an average slasher. I do like the route they took with Jason though.

I just thought it tried far too hard to make her a sympathetic character, to the point where it just got ridiculous. I had to make sure I didn't pop in "Patty Jenkins Feminist Manifesto" accidentally. There were definitely some really good parts to the film, but I'm not a big fan of overnsentimental biopics, let alone biopics about serial killers, people we shouldn't be very sentimental about.

But yeah, the acting was great. It wasn't awful, just incredibly disappointing after all the hype I heard about the film. I'd give it about a 3/5. Maybe more if I'm feeling generous.

I'm about to watch The Abominable Dr. Phibes. Ever seen it JMT?

Do you go on Bloody-Disgusting JMT?

Yes, I have a profile on there. I'm pretty sure I've seen yours on there, as well.

I've only posted a couple of times on the forum though. It's a good website for reviews, and that's mostly what I check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back