Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh JMT, you brought Haneke into the conversation? We're in trouble now! :p

I still remember arguing TDigs about Aronofsky vs. Haneke. I really like Haneke, but damnit if he just isn't such a smug prick. I want to slap the taste out of his mouth for the shit he says about Americans, but then I'd want to shake his hand for being so brilliant.

Oh I'm watching Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead from 1990 right now. Love, love, love this flick, one of the most underrated remakes ever. Definitely better than the Dawn of fhe Dead remake, the atrocious Day of the Dead remake, or the terrible quasi-remake of NOTLD they just did with Sid Haig a few years ago. Tony Todd is an underrated actor. Having Tom Towles and Bill Moseley doesn't hurt either.

This film never gets the attention or praise it should have. It was way ahead of it's time in the horror-remake game I guess.

David Cronenberg > Michael Haneke

And Cassel deserved a Supporting Oscar nod for his performance in Eastern Promise. He was every bit as good in that film as Viggo Mortensen. I remember reading there were plans with a sequel for Eastern Promise with everyone returning... hopefully that comes to fruition.

But yeah... Cronenberg owns. I haven't seen all his films, but every film I have seen from him, I liked a lot.

You must be out yo' damn mind. When all is said and done, Haneke will take a place beside Tarkovsky and Bresson in the pantheon of directors. Cronenberg will be lucky if Guy Maddin saves him a spot on the bench where those who aren't in the pantheon sit and admire from a distance those who are.

Oh I'm watching Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead from 1990 right now. Love, love, love this flick, one of the most underrated remakes ever. Definitely better than the Dawn of fhe Dead remake, the atrocious Day of the Dead remake, or the terrible quasi-remake of NOTLD they just did with Sid Haig a few years ago. Tony Todd is an underrated actor. Having Tom Towles and Bill Moseley doesn't hurt either.

This film never gets the attention or praise it should have. It was way ahead of it's time in the horror-remake game I guess.

Good remake. From the horror aspect, I actually enjoyed it more than the original (although Savini didn't have a chance in hell of matching the original's social commentary). I love Tony Todd cameos, especially those in the Halloween remake and Murder Set Pieces.

Good remake. From the horror aspect, I actually enjoyed it more than the original (although Savini didn't have a chance in hell of matching the original's social commentary). I love Tony Todd cameos, especially those in the Halloween remake and Murder Set Pieces.

Yeah I just watched the original earlier, so I figured I'd watch the remake as well. I agree with you about the film from a horror aspect, the atmosphere in the film not only rivals that of the original, but beats it in my opinion. The makeup is, obviously, absolutely stellar and really helps make the film great though.

I love Tony Todd in any capacity, but I think you're confusing him with Ken Foree when it comes to the cameo in the Halloween remake.

I've never seen Murder Set Pieces, but I've heard nothing but terrible things about it. From what I've seen on YouTube and IMDB, the director is a gigantic tool who thinks he's a brilliant artist and takes himself far too seriously.

No, I enjoyed Where the Wild Things Are, but it was still a let down. I haven't been watching a lot of movies lately. My friends and I all tried to get through Gooby or some shit like that. It was sooo fucking dumb.

History Of Violence is the shit Murfish. Ill fucking KILL you man.

Oh, and did everyone REALLY think The Condemned was THAT terrible, was just that no one went to see it? I thought it was actually pretty good, given what the movie was.

Yea, I said it.

The Condemned was fucking terrible. But in a cheesy, Steven Seagal kind of way. Absolutely terrible movie, but damn entertaining. It's Stone Cold killing motherfuckers left and right. If that doesn't entertain you, cut out your eyeballs.

I mean, how was it so terrible? explain it to me. besides a near 110% lack of script. it was damn near a silent film.

You had a villain that was damn near likable. and a FANTASTIC device were you started to hate the crew members running the show, and felt like cheering when the brit came in on them and mowed them fuck down while they cried. I fucking LOVED that part

I mean, how was it so terrible? explain it to me. besides a near 110% lack of script. it was damn near a silent film.

You had a villain that was damn near likable. and a FANTASTIC device were you started to hate the crew members running the show, and felt like cheering when the brit came in on them and mowed them fuck down while they cried. I fucking LOVED that part

It was terrible because of everything in the film really. The acting, the writing, the quick-cut MTV editing, the completely cliched plot, and one of the absolute worst and cheesiest endings in the history of film.

That said, I like it. It's so fucking bad that it's fun to watch. Again, all I need is Stone Cold killing people, and I'll watch. But from a critical point of view, The Condemned is a one star movie maybe if it's lucky.

Did I mention how laughably bad that ending was? :lmao:

Why was the ending bad? blowing up ol boy with the very device he used to fuck all those people over with? fucking brilliant. impossible throw, yea. Still awesome.

OH you mean him getting out of the truck with fucking CREED playing seeing ol gal with the tig ol bitties :lmao:

Whatever man, awesome cheesy sappy ending. Not everything needs to be dark and horrendous, you snob ;)

Haha it didn't have to be dark, but good fucking lord, that had to be the cheesiest ending EVER. He gets out of his pick 'em up truck, walks in slo-mo up to his busty country wife, flashes a "I'm back baby" grin, all while Creed (is that who it was?) is blaring...oh man, that was like a Hallmark commercial or some shit, so bad. SO bad. That wasn't sappy, that was a sap-factory, was that film made in Canada?

Just got done watching Trick 'r Treat, I see TDigs is reading the thread, what'd you think of it man? I thought it was pretty darn good. Some of the vignettes were alot better than the others, but overall very atmospheric and fun movie to watch on Halloween. I liked it quite a bit. Helps to have the simply awesome Dylan Baker as an evil motherfucker.

It was delightfully cheesy, like cheez wiz. Im not saying its "good" per se, but I say it certainley stands up to other movies in the same kind of niche. It definately whips the shit out of fucking transformers 2.

I think it was creed. or shindown. or nickelback. or douchenozzle. or pussypants. dunno, all those bands sound the fucking same, and their names are interchangeable

Now I'm watching Friday the 13th Part 2. Must...fit....as many....horror films....into today....as possible!

This was actually the first DVD I ever owned right here. Bought it before I even had a DVD player.

History Of Violence is the shit Murfish. Ill fucking KILL you man.

Oh, and did everyone REALLY think The Condemned was THAT terrible, was just that no one went to see it? I thought it was actually pretty good, given what the movie was.

Yea, I said it.

Honestly, it had the feel of movies that I usually like. I think it fell apart by the end.

Haha it didn't have to be dark, but good fucking lord, that had to be the cheesiest ending EVER. He gets out of his pick 'em up truck, walks in slo-mo up to his busty country wife, flashes a "I'm back baby" grin, all while Creed (is that who it was?) is blaring...oh man, that was like a Hallmark commercial or some shit, so bad. SO bad. That wasn't sappy, that was a sap-factory, was that film made in Canada?

Just got done watching Trick 'r Treat, I see TDigs is reading the thread, what'd you think of it man? I thought it was pretty darn good. Some of the vignettes were alot better than the others, but overall very atmospheric and fun movie to watch on Halloween. I liked it quite a bit. Helps to have the simply awesome Dylan Baker as an evil motherfucker.

I didn't care for it, but, the werewolf scene (you know what I'm talking about) was EXTREMELY well done; it most definitely freaked me out. Everything else was pretty much meh, especially the last vignette, which should have been effin' awesome, but wasn't (Brian Cox is still the man, though).

Man, I watched Transformers 2 yesterday for the first time since seeing it at the theater, and it truly is awful. Like, seriously... it is.

I guess the whole "Seeing it at the movies!" thing fooled me because I didn't think it was that bad when I saw it when it was released, but fuck... watching it in my apartment, all by myself, it's a horrible, horrible movie. The jokes are lame, the action is ridiculously bad, the CGI isn't good at all (people need to start taking notes from Peter Jackson, as he seems to be the only one to get it right in the states), and the movie is just too fucking long.

I watched the 1st Transformers a bunch of times and it always remained entertaining to me. But Transformers 2 was beyond terrible. There's some good acting from Shia, Fox was still incredibly hot of course, and a couple of funny moments with John Leguizamo and the one funny robot, the little Decepticon, who would disappear without any explanation. But other than that... there are no good qualities about the movie.

I like the first Transformers. It's a fun popcorn movie. The sequel I enjoyed when I saw it in theaters as well, but it was a big step down from the first one, and while watching the film I couldn't help but think "Man, I loved the first one despite it being stupid, but this is just too stupid to believe". Once we had the jive-talking robots, I was waiting for it to end.

Ever seen the movie Bug JMT? Michael Shannon is such an underrated actor.

Think I'll watch Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer tonight. Followed by Maniac. It's going to be a dark night.

I like the first Transformers. It's a fun popcorn movie. The sequel I enjoyed when I saw it in theaters as well, but it was a big step down from the first one, and while watching the film I couldn't help but think "Man, I loved the first one despite it being stupid, but this is just too stupid to believe". Once we had the jive-talking robots, I was waiting for it to end.

The most miserable part was that you had to wait a really fucking long time.

The first Transformers was a little over 2 hours, which is long for an action movie, but not too long. But Transformers 2 was 2 hours and 30 minutes, but it felt like around 4 hours. That's how excruciating it is, lol.

Ever seen the movie Bug JMT? Michael Shannon is such an underrated actor.

Yeah, my mom actually recommended that one to me. Very, very intelligent film.

And I agree... Michael Shannon is awesome. He was fucking spectacular in Revolutionary Road.

Think I'll watch Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer tonight. Followed by Maniac. It's going to be a dark night.

You'll probably hate me for this, but after reading a column from Kevin Smith a few years ago and saw how much he loved the film, I decided to catch out Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, and I just could not get into it.

Maybe I ought to watch that one again though and see if that now since I'm older I'll dig it.

Whaaaaat? You couldn't get into Henry? It's such a bleak and disturbing film, I love it. The greatest "serial killer" film ever made as far as I'm concerned. Michael Rooker is so good it's scary.

Yeah Bug is a great little flick, watched that the other day for the first time since seeing it in theaters and it was just as good. I'm a big fan of watching people descend into violent madness.

I want to see Dogtooth now. Oh, and Haneke's new film (which won the Golden Palm this year) opens in the US on December 30th. Mark it in your calendars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back