Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Paranormal Activity is a very, very good horror film. Also, if you get the chance, see it in a theater, as something tells me that it wouldn't affect you as much on your TV or PC. If The House Of Leaves could ever be filmed, then I'd imagine that, for the Navidson Record portion of the book, you'd see something similar to Paranormal Activity.

Fuck, it has the TDigs seal of approval? Now I simply have to see this.

I also want to see The Men who Stare at Goats.

As do I Murf, looks great.

It's just something about the whole hand-held footage thing that gets to me, makes a movie so much more authentic. Although I did hate the Blair Witch Project.

I love the Blair Witch Project. Maybe it's a New England thing...growing up around the woods, that film fucking scarred me.

Can somebody recommend a recent scary movie. Something that will make me feel even a little scared.

Any specific subgenre? Gorey slasher film, psychological horror, supernatural horror? What are some horror films that have scared you?

Anyone see the trailer for The Fourth Kind yet? Saw it before the Paranormal Activity screening, looks awesome as well.

[youtube]vVRHOhLP-aA[/youtube]

Damn that looks freaking awesome...anything to do with aliens and alien abductions....it freaks me the hell out, but I also eat it right up.

I saw a trailer for some movie called The Box today...I am intrigued. I think I may put on White Chicks in a bit...the Wayans always know how to make a brother laugh.

A) The Box as in the film coming out in a few weeks with Cameron Diaz? That's Richard Kelly's next film, can't wait to see it. I love the guy's work. Were you the one who hated Donnie Darko TDigs?

B) White Chicks? :disappointed:

A) The Box as in the film coming out in a few weeks with Cameron Diaz? That's Richard Kelly's next film, can't wait to see it. I love the guy's work. Were you the one who hated Donnie Darko TDigs?

No, I hated Southland Tales. I liked Donnie Darko.

B) White Chicks? :disappointed:

One of my guilty pleasures...we all have them. Little Man was the tits as well...hmm, let me see if I can find Don't Be A Menace II South Central While Drinkin' Your Juice In The 'Hood.

damn you for hating Southland Tales, tdigs.

Land of the Lost wa funnier than I expected it to be. The Box could be good, but if I were in that situation I'd hit that button as much as I could.

I saw a trailer for some movie called The Box today...I am intrigued. I think I may put on White Chicks in a bit...the Wayans always know how to make a brother laugh.

Have you heard Marlon Waynes is going to star as Richard Pryor in his biopic? Apparently he blew away people at the casting call once Eddie Murphy quit the role. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully he does well enough to get an Oscar nod.

Have you heard Marlon Waynes is going to star as Richard Pryor in his biopic? Apparently he blew away people at the casting call once Eddie Murphy quit the role. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully he does well enough to get an Oscar nod.

I don't think actors really "act" in biopics; they merely impersonate. So, good for him if he gets a nom, but, I personally don't think that says anything about his ability to act.

Has anyone seen the TV spots for this Amelia Earheart biopic? My god it looks awful, I literally burst into laughter every time it comes on TV as they spout the cheesiest most awful dialogue I've ever heard. Stuff along the lines of "Come back to me!" ,"Always!". Just...so....awful.

Hillary Swank? She's a fantastic actress. Haven't you seen Boys Don't Cry?

Hilary Swank is a good actress she was great in The Core as well.

Idk why but that Paranormal Activity movie seems to much like Cloverfield to me and that movie was vastly over-rated.

I thought it was like the Blair Witch project, I mean with the camera and all.

Did you like Cloverfield ?

Yes, I did. One of the better monster movies to come out in a long while.

Well we will agree to disagree then, I'm not much of a "monster movie" kinda guy anyways I like the supernatural and suspense thriller types.

Did you ever see the original Amityville Horror ?

Yep, many times. Classic film. Wears a bit thin after all these years though. Still great, that movie scared the piss out of me as a little kid.

Think I'll watch The Fog tonight. I fucking adore that movie, one of John Carpenter's very best.

Here's part of my Paranormal Activity review. I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Paranormal Activity​

Synopsis: Micah and Katie are a young, attractive couple living in the suburbs of San Diego. In order to document a supernatural presence that has allegedly been haunting Katie intermittently since her childhood, Micah buys a movie camera. And, I think that's all I really need to tell you, as it should be obvious where this is headed.

Analysis: There is nothing worse in the world of cinema than a film that fails to live up to its potential. Although it could have been excellent, two problems (one major and one minor) make Paranormal Activity a merely decent horror film. Let's begin with the minor problem.

As anyone who has heard about this film undoubtedly knows, Paranormal Activity is a faux-cinéma vérité horror film like The Blair Witch Project. Unlike The Blair Witch Project, however, the acting in this film isn't particularly good. While the actor playing Micah (Micah Sloat) is solid, the actress playing Katie (Katie Featherston) isn't very convincing. But, although Featherston hams it up in all the scenes requiring her to be angry, scared, or both, I can't blame her completely for her lack of credibility. The filmmakers are also culpable, as they fail to show through simple makeup the toll anxiety, stress, and sleepless nights take on both Micah and Katie.

Unfortunately, this is the least of Paranormal Activity's problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back