Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sis and I rented two movies today. She got The Motorcycle Diaries, and I got The Seventh Seal.

Both are wonderful. The Seventh Seal is one of the greatest films ever made in my opinion. Bergman is a genius, is this your first film of his?

You and your sister have good taste Murf. The Motorcycle Diaries is also very good as well, though the book is better, like most cases like these.

After watching Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, she's also interested in anime, but we couldn't find a copy of Akira.

You should try and find one as soon as possible. I'm no anime expert, but Akira is a seminal work.

Both are wonderful. The Seventh Seal is one of the greatest films ever made in my opinion. Bergman is a genius, is this your first film of his?
It is my first of his. I remember reading something favorable about it once, so I decided to get it.
You and your sister have good taste Murf. The Motorcycle Diaries is also very good as well, though the book is better, like most cases like these.
She's probably the one who got me into movies. I would find a vantage point to watch the movies that she and her friends were watching(21 grams, ESotSM, and others).
You should try and find one as soon as possible. I'm no anime expert, but Akira is a seminal work.
Apparently the person who last rented it hasn't returned it in about a month.

I saw Surrogates last night and thought it was meh......I could see the positives about people using a surrogate but the overall feeling would suck because it's not really you, it's just a robot that looks like you and you control. If I got stabbed or something walking late at night and it was just my surrogate, that's cool, but I'd rather be myself and go outside on my own and not be a lazy bastard sitting in my room all day.

Surrogates was an absolute piece of shit movie, the movie just felt rushed and that they left so much out that, the movie felt like something that should've been sent straight to DVD, overall the movie just plain sucked

I'm trying not to get too pumped for Inception. It looks like a good mind trip, but you never know if something will get fucked.

Maybe? Dude, that film is going to be simply incredible. I cannot wait for it to come out.

And by the commercials, Surrogates looks like a cheap, terrible rip-off of They Live.

Did you dig the They Live sig I was rocking for the last week? I change sigs too often...

They Live is so fuckin' epic. I'm gonna need to watch that again soon.

Did you dig the They Live sig I was rocking for the last week? I change sigs too often...

They Live is so fuckin' epic. I'm gonna need to watch that again soon.

Yeah, the 'Obey' one? It was quite awesome, though I doubt most understood it, which makes it even more awesome.

Anyone seen "High Tension"? X (it is a horror, after all)?

I personally thought it was great, even the fairly bashed
Twist ending

I don't remember Rocky II being as corny as it is right now :lmao:

They just got to where Adrian comes to after the coma and all that, and Rocky is telling her he won't fight Apollo, and then she says this:

"There's only one thing I want you to do for me right now. Win. Win!"

Then Mickey perks up:

"Then what the hell are we waiting for? Let's get outta here!"

I can't stop laughing...

These are the same people that think Alien is the greatest film of all time IC. Not exactly the most intelligent lot of voters.

I was made to watch Con Air last night, what a terrible piece of shit it was, completely reminded me why I hate Cage.

We watched Persepolis in English class the other. Fucking fantastic, even if the movie just...ends.

I was made to watch Con Air last night, what a terrible piece of shit it was, completely reminded me why I hate Cage.

Nick Cage with long hair and a southern accent is by far the best nick cage there is. Combine that with John Cusak and an appearance from Dave fucking Chappelle. Con Air is one of those movies that is so bad it is hilarious, and you have to watch it every time it comes on.

I scratched my last idea for a movie and have come up with a new one. I'm working on a more definite storyline than the vague scenes floating in my head right now. It's a better idea and less egotistical.

Nobody's interested? Thanks guys. :(

What are you talking about?

Also, I don't know what movie I'm watching tonight. I plan on going to bed early, as I'm dog-tired. So, it'll be an early night on the couch, watching a movie or two. If only I could hook up my computer to my TV, I'd watch No Fear, No Die, and The Tree of Wooden Clogs. Oh, shit, I promised Marquis I'd watch a movie called Sin Nombre...I'll check out that bad boy tonight.

I'm probably going to finish The Seventh Seal tonight.

I was talking about how I came up with a movie idea that doesn't suck as much as my last one. I'm going to try to plan it out and work out a screenplay so I can actually apply to Tisch.

It's about a man and a wave. I thought about it while seeing after math tsunami pics and thinking about The Big Wave. He tries to reconcile his mistakes and live his last days happy, but realizes that he can't and goes back to his job after quiting and eats lunch on the docks as the wave comes in. It's about futility. I think I need to flesh out the ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back