Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get enraged and quit, but if I can't write one there's probably not much point in considering a film major.

I'm considering doing an exagerated version of my life so far. Not 'making it really interesting' exagerating, but making somethings more important than they were and such.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1362932 said:
Just for you, jmt, it's done. :)

Why thank you, good kind sir. I just posted my response. :)

Anyway, still haven't seen H2 yet X, but my best friend did with his girlfriend and they both LOVED it. So I plan on seeing it for myself sometime this or next week. I also want to check out Extract (I'm a HUGE Mike Judge fan) and Post Grad as well.

I definitely want to check out Extract as well, looks damn, damn good.

Ever seen Doomsday JMT?

The best movie on this planet is Pulp Fiction!

Don't want to hear it, that movie should have won everything possible.

Thursday is my anniversary, and I'm being press-ganged into going to see The Time Traveler's Wife...:wtf:

JMT,

I just got done watching Dobermann...you may or may not like it. When I get back from England, I'll send you that movie along with La Haine. You don't have a all-region DVD player by any chance, do you?

Edit: Let me know if you're open to classic Japanese cinema as well. I'll send you Ugetsu as well if you are.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1365258 said:
I just got done watching Dobermann...you may or may not like it. When I get back from England, I'll send you that movie along with La Haine. You don't have a all-region DVD player by any chance, do you?

I actually already ordered La Haine with my last paycheck Friday (I knew I could afford it with my Birthday coming up), but thanks for the offer.

And unfortunately, I don't have an all-region DVD Player. Just Region 1. I need to get one though because there are a couple of DVDs I have that I can't watch because of that region crap.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1365258 said:
Edit: Let me know if you're open to classic Japanese cinema as well. I'll send you Ugetsu as well if you are.

If you think I'd like it, then I'll definitely check it out. I wouldn't call myself a fan of classic Japanese cinema per se, outside of the Shaw Brothers films that is, but I'm willing to check out anything you recommend.

That's a fucked up round trip.

Berkshire? What the fuck is in Berkshire? Or Oxford.

It's probably better I didn't know about this. I'd have to slap him for his pronunciation of ''shire'' if we were to meet.

Spielberg is apparently attached to the Oldboy remake as well. Will Smith...not a fan of him, at all. I can only imagine how truly awfully they will slaughter that masterpiece. I'm sorry, but the words "Will Smith" and "Oldboy" spell doom. Studio execs are going to see Will Smith's name and try to make a Hollywood action film. They need to seriously just leave Oldboy the fuck alone.

Watched Oldboy earlier for the first time in a few years.... such a great fucking movie.

Apparently, Will Smith is working on the remake right now. I really don't mind the idea as him as the lead because he is a great actor and I can picture him in that role (though if it were up to me I'd cast Michael Pitt for it), but rumor is that the incest stuff will be cut out. Ummm... how the fuck is that possible with this kind of film? If he does that then it'll ruin the entire story.

I really don't understand being a huge fan of something enough to actually you want American audiences to experience it, just to completely change the main storyline. That makes zero sense.

I actually already ordered La Haine with my last paycheck Friday (I knew I could afford it with my Birthday coming up), but thanks for the offer.

And unfortunately, I don't have an all-region DVD Player. Just Region 1. I need to get one though because there are a couple of DVDs I have that I can't watch because of that region crap.

If you think I'd like it, then I'll definitely check it out. I wouldn't call myself a fan of classic Japanese cinema per se, outside of the Shaw Brothers films that is, but I'm willing to check out anything you recommend.

Tell me what you want then, man. I have a lot of Criterion shit, and I don't mind parting with a couple of those bad boys.

Spielberg is apparently attached to the Oldboy remake as well. Will Smith...not a fan of him, at all. I can only imagine how truly awfully they will slaughter that masterpiece. I'm sorry, but the words "Will Smith" and "Oldboy" spell doom. Studio execs are going to see Will Smith's name and try to make a Hollywood action film. They need to seriously just leave Oldboy the fuck alone.

I still haven't been fortunate enough to see the original, and I know better than to think a remake would ever be worth making...

On a side note: Caddyshack is fucking tremendous...

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1367891 said:
Tell me what you want then, man. I have a lot of Criterion shit, and I don't mind parting with a couple of those bad boys.

You know what I'd like to see? Naked, the British film.

Also, if you have Romper Stomper, I'd be very interested in checking that out as well.

On a side note: Caddyshack is fucking tremendous...

I actually think it's the most overrated comedy of all time. I really cannot stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back