Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the cinema today to see Funny People. I thought it was very good. I will post a more in-depth post later on but for right now, I will say that it was really well done and I would give it about 7-7.5/10

Has ANYONE seen Visioneers yet?

I need to know if I'm completely off in thinking it was awesome. Tdigs?

Zach Galifianakis is in it.

For some odd reason I'm watching Clive Barker's Lord of Illusions.

Scott Bakula FTW? Maybe.

Kevin J. O'Connor and Famke Janssen? Win. That's bizarre, I just watched a movie the other day with those two in it (Deep Rising).

I haven't seen this movie in years, but I remember it being decent mid-90s horror fare, nothing particularly memorable though.

Expect me to see Repo Man sometime next week, X. I'll put up a full review for that one once I see it.

Motherfucking god damn right man, I know you like some Emilio, you'll LOVE it I'm sure. It's just such a crazy god damn movie! Comedy-SciFi-Punk Rock awesomeness. Hard to describe. Just epic. It's directed by Alex Cox, the guy who did Sid & Nancy.

Oh and I'm glad you liked my H2 review, looking forward to hear what you think of it.

Okay Tdigs, I finally watched the Piano Teacher. I have a lot to say about it and Michael Haneke himself, but I'm going to wait for your Director's Showcase. So please try and get on that when you can. We should have some good debate.

Anyone seen "Sin Nombre"? It's a spanish film that I heard great things about. Managed to catch it on in demand earlier.

Fantastic movie. Really makes you appreciate your life here in the states. It shows how hard immigrants trying to make it to America have it, and the harsh realities of gangs, especially gangs that are not stateside. You know you hear about MS-13(the gang in the film), and maybe even see some their markings they tag up on walls, but this movie serves as a good visual of how harsh the gang really is.

I know I've talked about this movie too much, but I'm re-watching Appleseed Ex Machina. Last time I watched it was at a friend's house, so now I'm looking at it without outside influences. I'm sure you all know how much atmosphere can affect your perception of a movie.

The main storyline is, humans have really fucked up the earth through war so they've built an Eden called Olympus. Diplomatic discussions are handled by cyborgs called "Bioroids", who were actually casualties in the war. They are incapable of feeling hatred or anger. And so, there is peace.
The main characters are Deunan Knute and Briarios, two soldiers who take down threats to the peace. Eventally, there's a big evil looming, and they have to take it down. It gets more complex, don't worry.

The dub has a few awkward bits, but it's still a good movie. GREAT CG, music, and action scenes, and a fun movie overall. Recommended for sci-fi-action fans, and anime fans. I've never seen the first movie, Appleseed, but I feel that this one can stand on its own. I never really felt lost, since they explain things that I'm assuming were introduced in the first movie.
I'd probably give it a B+ or A-. Just a pile of fun.

So...

I bought the book today for Let The Right One In...From what I hear, it puts the movie to shame, and is much more violent and in-depth with the storytelling. I skipped to the last page, and read the "pool scene", and already, I have to agree...

It's probably in any Blockbuster near you or on Netflix.

Did you get around to your second viewing of In Bruges?

Watched Cache, Tdigs. Like I said... cannot wait for the Haneke Showcase. I'm not even going to wait for the reviews. Just work on the first post for me, Tdiggy, and I'm going to respond right after.

Also, I watched Baby Boy yesterday for the first time in YEARS. Such a great movie. I would even perhaps rank it up there behind Menace II Society and Friday as my favorite "Hood" movie of all time. It's almost makes up for that piece of garbage Singleton made in Higher Learning. That is definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen, if not THE worst.

Has anyone seen Gamer yet? I am supposed to go see it tonight because my sister wants to hang out and I have not seen her in a while and she wants to see it. Is it any good?

I want to see Gamer. Tell me how it is, when you see it.

As I said in X's thread, Legion looks hilariously awful. I thought it was a horror-comedy when I first saw the trailer but then realized it's just a big festering pile of Narm.

Watched Cache, Tdigs. Like I said... cannot wait for the Haneke Showcase. I'm not even going to wait for the reviews. Just work on the first post for me, Tdiggy, and I'm going to respond right after.

Also, I watched Baby Boy yesterday for the first time in YEARS. Such a great movie. I would even perhaps rank it up there behind Menace II Society and Friday as my favorite "Hood" movie of all time. It's almost makes up for that piece of garbage Singleton made in Higher Learning. That is definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen, if not THE worst.

I'll put it up before my trip. I may put it up tonight, though...Haneke's one of my faves, so I have to feel inspired when I write about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back