Bullshit about Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are any black people in it.

I was actually talking with some friends the other day about whether there was a recent movie or TV show. without any black people in it, it seems Jake has found the answer.

Anyone else feel a little bit dirty about how many movies are premiering tonight? They're not even going to be good movies. Fuck.

Anyone else feel a little bit dirty about how many movies are premiering tonight? They're not even going to be good movies. Fuck.

Whiteout looks absolutely terrible. But I plan on seeing the remake of the House on Sorority Row. The original is a great 80s cheesy slasher, and I read a very good review from Bloody-Disgusting, who I always trust. Sounds like it's going to be exactly what I'm looking for: an old school slasher film.

Slashers FTW.

Yeah, but those and I Can Do Bad All by Myself all opening on 9/11. Just feels a bit dirty, though I was considering taking a look at Sorority Row.

As long as you aren't expecting anything other than an entertaining old school slasher film, you'll be pleased I'm guessing. You a fan of slasher films Murf?

Eh, I'm trying to diversify my taste by seeing more 'horror' films. Even though it wasn't great, I did enjoy going to see The Collector. For some reason I really liked the sound track.

I got advance screening passes to Jennifer's Body for tomorrow night...not sure whether or not I'm going yet. If I do, I'll make sure to tell y'all how it is. Oh, and Toronto is going on right now...very important to look at that to get an idea of what films will be well-received later this year, although there are no formal awards.

To the fellow movie buffs...I apologize for being gone for so long...

I have a relatively slow weekend ahead of me, and plan on watching some "new" movies...

I have Traffic, Lola Rennt, and Things We Lost In The Fire...

I'm expecting to get flamed pretty bad here, but you can kiss my ass...

Am I the only one that thinks Battlefield Earth had a decent story? I mean, the rest was all pretty fucking god awful, but the story could have worked if L. Ron Hubbard didn't actually think he was mapping the future...

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1370464 said:
I got advance screening passes to Jennifer's Body for tomorrow night...not sure whether or not I'm going yet. If I do, I'll make sure to tell y'all how it is. Oh, and Toronto is going on right now...very important to look at that to get an idea of what films will be well-received later this year, although there are no formal awards.

So I have you decided whether or not you're going yet?

Also, who is that in your sig, Tdigs?

I saw in the Let Me In thread that you enjoyed Cloverfield, X. So did I.

My main gripe was how the alien seemed to specifically target them at some points.

After I post my RP, I'm thinking of watching a movie until football starts...

I'm leaning towards The Transporter...

Smokin' Aces was alright. Piven made it very watchable. Very good music choices in the film as well. Nothing great though.

I've been on a foreign horror film kick lately. Haven't watched a film in English in atleast a week.

I watched Memories of Murder today. Great, great, GREAT fucking movie. Sam, I think you'd really like it, being that you're such a big fan of Zodiac and all. This is Zodiac times fucking 10.

I'm going to have to check out more of Bong Joon-ho's films.

I'm buying Halloween 1-6 boxset when I get paid. :)

I plan to watch them all in one afternoon/evening.

I love you Spunky.

I'm a huge Halloween fanboy. Without a doubt my favorite franchise in movie history. Halloween is probably my favorite film ever made (aside from Blue Velvet).

I'm almost tingly that i'm nearly out of debt...

Not because I won't we any more...But, because I can raid Blockbuster's Previously Owned section and update my movie collection...

I love you Spunky.

I'm a huge Halloween fanboy. Without a doubt my favorite franchise in movie history. Halloween is probably my favorite film ever made (aside from Blue Velvet).

After watching Halloween 2007, I was ashamed of myself for not owning it sooner. The remakes are good, But doesn't lick the boots of the originals.

If Where the Wild Things Are comes close to my expectations, then it will probably rank in my favorite movies of all time.

My sis and I rented two movies today. She got The Motorcycle Diaries, and I got The Seventh Seal.

After watching Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, she's also interested in anime, but we couldn't find a copy of Akira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back