British Invasion

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Does anyone else think there is potential for a really good British stable. Smackdown has Finlay, William Regal and Dave Taylor on the main roster and Paul Birchill and Nikita in developmental's. If they put together a british stable they would get over as great heel's in America and would be huge babyfaces in Britain. It would be similar to the Hart Foundation in '97 when they were despised in the U.S. but absolute God's in Canada. WWE should also bring in Nigel McGuinness he has plenty of charisma and is an awesome worker. I'm surprised Triple H has'nt tried to get him employed. Trip's is a huge fan of ring psychology and McGuinness certainly has plenty off that. WWE are also wasting Birchill anybody who's seen him wrestle out of WWE know's what he can do.

I could see it working and they could also include harry smith as they seem to have no idea what to do with him.

It could work but you would need the leader to be a top respected heel whos an excellent mic worker and has alot of heat, to do promos, and I don't think any of the wrestlers you mentioned above can do that, maybe William Regal but the crowd wont buy it. If you look at past stables, theres always been a 'the' mic leader, such as hogan in nWo, Michaels in DX, HHH in evolution etc, and they all had major heat as well as being established stars. But overall, I think your idea of a British Invasion stable is interesting and I wouldnt mind seeing it happen. Although wha would you call them , British World Order? lol

Finlay isn't Bristish, he's Irish.

There are four countries that make up Great Britain...let's see if you could name them:)

Yes, a British stable would be a fascinating one. No matter what anyone says, Regal will be the wrestler with the most character in that stable. He would be there leader and there's no excuse for the crowd not buying into it.

The thing about British wrestlers and European wrestlers in general is that they're such technical virtuosos. Final, Taylor, and Regal are some of the company's top technical guys. Harry Smith - very experienced with the industry for his age - would definitely be a great piece to this stable.

Fascinating idea

Finay could be from North Ireland then it would work.

Finley IS from Northern Ireland, just the WWE thinks Ireland is only one country, he is from just outside Belfast (carrickfergus) Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland makes up part of the united kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland. there for finley is British. how do i know, Im from and live in northern Ireland!

and the 4 countries are

Northern Ireland
Scotland
Wales
England

WWE won't bring Nigel McGuinness in. His style of wrestling isn't the spears, bodyslams, and other generic offense that the masses love, which they get from dullards like Batista. I would hate to see him water his style of wrestling down, which I'm sure would be a necessity - WWE forces pretty much everyone who isn't homegrown to simplify their arsenal somewhat. I hope McGuinness ends up in TNA - he will fit in very well.

WWE won't bring Nigel McGuinness in. His style of wrestling isn't the spears, bodyslams, and other generic offense that the masses love, which they get from dullards like Batista. I would hate to see him water his style of wrestling down, which I'm sure would be a necessity - WWE forces pretty much everyone who isn't homegrown to simplify their arsenal somewhat. I hope McGuinness ends up in TNA - he will fit in very well.

Nigel McGuinness is such a phenomenal performer who could learn so many things from amazing European wrestlers like Finlay, Regal, and Taylor (such similar styles between all four men). Though it could be advantageous on many levels for him to join the WWE, he's an intelligent guy who's got his priorities straight: 1) wrestling 2) wrestling 3) wrestling. He knows the WWE would waterdown his style and - chances are - he will never sign a contract with them.

I'd sell a kidney (not really...but you get the point) for him to end up in TNA. However, I just don't see it happening soon. He appears to be in love with ROH and the indy circuit. But man...TNA could really use a European worker

I cant see him going to T.N.A. He did a preshow match about a year ago and they made him job out to Sharkboy. Even if it was a tryout nobody should have to loose to Sharkboy.

It could be funny to add King Booker to the stable with his faux British accent. This could lead to all kinds of goofs from opponents and even teammates on how Booker is not even British. Balderdash!

You know who would be a great addition to a british stable on smackdown to add more depth to the group, Jody Fleisch, his in ring work is brilliant.

here is a highlight video of his work in the uk, he has also competed in ROH and CZW in the us as well as two tours with michinoku pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QtIyTTJCk

Yeah Jody Fleish would be an awesome addition, but he'd have to water down his style too, whic would ruin him! Theres another english guy in OVW (i think) called Steve Lewington, who had great potential os he's big and athletic! If u put him and burchill together as a young tag team, and let Regal, Taylor, and possibly Finaly lead the group you'd have a great stable, but i cant see them ever getting main event status!! Cos they dont have a true heel leader!
But if you gave regal the US title... they could refuse to call it the us title, rename it, compete under old school english wrestling rules (rounds etc) and keep screwing american wrestlers... they'd be great!!!

Yeah Jody Fleish would be an awesome addition, but he'd have to water down his style too, whic would ruin him! Theres another english guy in OVW (i think) called Steve Lewington, who had great potential os he's big and athletic! If u put him and burchill together as a young tag team, and let Regal, Taylor, and possibly Finaly lead the group you'd have a great stable, but i cant see them ever getting main event status!! Cos they dont have a true heel leader!
But if you gave regal the US title... they could refuse to call it the us title, rename it, compete under old school english wrestling rules (rounds etc) and keep screwing american wrestlers... they'd be great!!!

That would be a good idea, with the US title and stuff, I hadnt heard of Jody till i just watched like every video of him on youtube, he seems awesome, too bad he would have to water it down to join WWE. cuz if he didnt have to that would just be awesome. have regal and finlay with the technical stuff and then jody flyin all around the ring gettin the big moves so that finlay and regal could finish them off.

There is one leader that would work... if there wasn't other issues stopping it... Hot Rod!!! There is your leader... it's sad that he has to fight cancer instead of doing this though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back