Harry Smith To Debut Tonight?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
There was an idea on the table for Harry Smith to debut at today's Smackdown taping in Birmingham, England. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. Smith worked a Dark Match before Raw yesterday against Carlito and got a big reaction when the fans realized he was the son of Davey Boy Smith.

That would be pretty cool. Hopefully if there not going with the Hart Foundation stable they creat a British stable instead. Drew Galloway or whatever he's called now made his debut last week with Dave Taylor. Have Birchill & Smith debut this week.

Taylor look's about 80 so personally I'd add Finlay to the mix as well. It's not like he really has much purpose. He just ambles from one feud to the next. None of them really mean anything. Smith & Birchill don't need much help but Galloway needs plenty, and Finlay would work out a treat.

I think it would be good for Harry to go to Smackdown. I can see him do alot more there then if he was put on raw(cody rhodes). I think the British stable would be great. WWE is lacking in good stables so this would be great. I just hope Harry isn't burried by Khali or Batista. Harry smith to smackdown will be a good thing since he seems to be pretty talented not to mention who his father is.

I hope Harry is at the SmackDown live show at Manchester. I bet he'd get a huge pop as Davey Boy was from the North and I heard he was over at Birmingham.

He deserves a shot at WWE and I'm a bit gutted that Teddy Hart got fired cause it could have messed up his push with the New Hart Foundation. I would like to see a British stable, though it wouldn't make much sense as the English, Scottish and Irish all hate each other.

Couldnt agree more ^^ Haha.

I think The Hart Foundation stable or being a singles wrestler would work better for Harry rather than being in that stable with Taylor, Burchill and Galloway. Unless he tagged with Burchill or something for a while. That Galloway guy shouldnt be on the full roster yet, I mean I havent seen any of his past stuff, but his match with one of the Major Brothers was awful.

WWE was thinking about having Harry Smith debut at last night's SmackDown taping in England with a "fan out of the crowd" gimmick similar to Santino Marella earlier in the year. The idea was for him to be a fan in the crowd who accepts a SmackDown wrestler's open challenge and then beats him. The taping came and went, and Smith didn't appear on the show. He did a dark match prior to the Raw taping in England on Monday and was over huge once he got on the mike and told the fans that he was the son of "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith.

That would have been a stupid way for him to make his debut. Picking a fan out of the crowd who just so happens to be The British Bulldogs son. And wait, he's got a Canadian accent. WTF? He might get cheered if you introduce him as the son of The Bulldog. But he'd get booed out of the building if he spoke.

I too would hate him to debut that way. I think that if he debuts it should be something dignified and he shouldn't be made a joke of simply because he's not North American, which seems to be WWE's policy as of late. I can't say I've seen much of Smith but I've heard he's very good and his arrival would give me a reason to watch wrestling without turning off the TV after five minutes of atrociousness. Hopefully, anyway.

Yeah I don't think they should do the fan thing again. They already did one last the 10 months ag(Santino anyone?). I mean look what it did to Santino people hated him and it took a heel turn to truly make him what he is today. I would have to say Harry Smith might freshen up Smackdown's roster but I hope he is used better than Cody Rhodes. Smith could truly be a gifted athlete and a great star as long as the creative team doesn't screw it up.

Im English and we dont hate the Irish, Scottish, Welsh or the Northern Irish (Yes they are different).

I wouldnt want to see a British stable though, they would all be heels, and a Brit face would be nice to see for once.

Id prefer to see Burchill than Smith to be fair. Smiths a great wrestler but he lacks Burchills experiance and it may be too soon for him to debut.

has anyone watched his match yet? I watched it on wwe.com and he looked pretty good. The match was longer than expected, I thought it'd be a 2 minute job, but I was pleasantly surprised. he looks like he has natural talent, lets hope he doesnt get wasted like all the other talented wrestlers working for VKM. He needs a good storyline, maybe something involving HBK?

I've seen quite a few of Harry Smith's matches now from training territories and must admit I've been impressed by what i have seen for far. I think he would fit in quite well on smackdown if they give him some decent ring time he could slot in around the u.s title level and not look out of place. Its just such a shame Teddy Hart couldn't of done what he was told as i really liked the idea of a new hart foundation and after watching some of there matches together i think it would of really worked.

I watched the match also and thought that it was an okay, average match. Admittingly it was better than I had expected and thought it would just be a 2 minute squash match also. (Didn't know Carlito was that much of a jobber.)

I would keep the Hart Foundation storyline going with Smith, Neidhart, Debiase and Wilson even without Hart because people still want to see it and it would draw huge ratings. To the very least though I would have Harry make a RAW debut at Survivor Series and screw HBK out of a title match (or any other match he would be in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back