Breaking news: Three WWE PPV name changes

Wow. This suckes basically. I think we are ALL in agreement that we don't like the idea of every PPV being a gimmick or theme PPV. on a side note: This is a really bad time for WWE to start messing around and pissing fans off with TNA getting bigger and bigger. Before you know it, TNA will be running better shows and PPVs then WWE. WWE has needed to fix their PPV schedule for awhile now. I've always felt that WWE needed to go back to only 12 PPVS a year. One per month, instead of trying to cram in 14 plus PPV per year. Here is my solution to WWEs PPV schedule:

JAN Royal Rumble
FEB No Way Out (Its ok to still use an Elimination Chamber match to
Decide a number one contender for the other title after the Rumble)
MARCH Wrestlemania
APRIL Backlash
MAY Judgment Day
JUNE King of the Ring (Bring it back baby! Look at the 8 Card Stud Tournament!)
JULY Night Of Champions
AUG SummerSlam
SEPT Unforgiven
OCT No Mercy
NOV Surivivor Series
DEC Armageddon

I would also do a wrestling special similar to SNM on the 4th of July each year and call that the Great American Bash (Just not dedicate a whole PPV to it)

i think that night of champions and extreme rules are good and hell in the cell would be good if all the matches were in cell, 3 is just stupid and money in the bank might be interesting but tlc? fatal four way elimination chamber they all fucken suck ! and wild card wtf is that

To me a MOTB pay per view ruins both Wrestlemania and the MOTB concept itself, so well done WWE! Two birds with one stone!

It dilutes the match big time, and if they remove it from Mania, they've scrapped the best way to get anyone in the mood for the show they've had in years.

It looks like they've really gone overboard with this whole gimmick PPV thing. Sure, a gimmick PPV here or there is fine, but I'm not sure about them having so many of them. Sometimes, simpler is better. The gimmicks will simply lose all of there meaning after we see them all the time.

I'm not sure about these specific PPVs. Not idea what Wild Card is. Possibly a tournament of some kind. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Fatal Fourway is an awful idea. Multiman matches for titles are usually pretty awful. We've seen more than enough of them over the last few years in the WWE already. Why can't we just have a normal PPV instead of this one?

MITB could be interesting. I guess this means there will be no MITB match at Wrestlemania this year. I guess it puts the match itself more in the spotlight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it simply turned into a match with main event wrestlers, instead of the upper midcarders we usually see competing.

Overall, I'm not all that excited for these changes, but I guess we'll have to wait at see. At least we know it'll be interesting the first time around, if nothing else.

To me this shows an utter lack of faith with the talent pool of the WWE. While I did read somewhere that "gimmick ppvs" get more people to buy one than non gimmicks.........the fact that they need to load practically all the PPV's with some sort of gimmick tends to give the impression that they cant give a good show with regular matches like they have for generations.

It also cheapens a few of the matches impact on any fued they are incorporated in. Hell in the Cell dont mean shit if it involves 2 guys who havent wrestled each other before.

I also dont understand ditching the S. Series, yet adding a fatal 4-way PPV. WHy not just redo the S. Series into fatal 4way matches???Seems to make sense to me. I dont know.....No Way Out, Backlash....these are names that still makes sense with the "new concepts" that are applied to them.......and Extreme Rules right after Wrestlemania.????

Bottom line is perfomance dictates the quality...so I'll hold out on talking to much shit. Ending on this note....If they now have a MITB PPV...then they should scrap it @ WM and use thier brains to find a use for talent that gets traditionally gets tossed into that match (the Kingstons, Carlitos, Matt Hardys,Benjamens dont get anywhere being one of the ones who dont survive the train wreck mentality of the match.)

I have mixed feelings on this.

I am personally not a fan of the themed pay per views, but if you are going to do it, it doesn't mean it has to have that name. I mean No Way Out was a great name and as of late was referred to as Elimination Chamber pay per view without "The Elimination Chamber" name.

Fatal 4 way is as boring a name as you are going to find, as well as a match that doesn't even really peak my interest. The name could mean a lot and if people aren't a fan of a fatal 4 way then people will not buy that show.

Money in the Bank belongs solely on Wrestlemania, however I like the concept of the show in which, they have qualifying matches and then the winners have a ladder match later on. However, I felt a better name could've been in order. There are so many names they could have used.

The one I am most intrigued by is Wild Card, as we don't know what it is about. It is a good name, and a name that could grab attention of the viewer, about what this show could be.

are you fucking kidding me. fuck u vince and fuck u wwe. its called backlash because it the backlash from mania you fucking idiot. fatal four way really? really???? what a terrible idea. look royal rumble, NoC, and extreme rules are all decent gimmick ppv ideas but a ppv with all 4way matches. thats just stupid. and taking MITB away from mania, what the hell is wrong with u wwe? whats wrong with the judgement day name. 1st you take away america from the great american bash now this. fuck wwe and fuck u vince. u are insane and deserve to have you company go bankrupt. i hope you lose all you money. shane and steph should have u commited to a fucking mental hospital so they can run the comapny like a wrestling promotion. not some pg kiddy bullshit with the worst ppv names ever.

Totally agree with every one. If you have a MITB PPV it ruins the specialty of the match. It needs to be kept on Wrestlemania because IT IS one of the biggest draws on the show I loved the MITB at WM24 then HHH vs. Orton vs. Cena for the 29th F****** time.

WWE Money in the Bank-As I said before It should be kept at Mania because the PPV would ruin the specialty of the match. I would much rather see
Bourne vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ziggler vs. Miz vs. MVP vs. JoMo vs. Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy

then

Trips vs. Orton vs. Undertaker vs. HBK vs. Cena vs. Batista vs. Edge vs. Y2J

WWE Wild Card-This sounds like an interesting one if it is like the RAW Roulette or Cyber Sunday/Taboo Tuesday. I'll most likely buy that one.

Fatal Four Way-ARE YOU KIDDING ME! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I CAN'T BELIEVE VINCE IS THIS STUPID!. IT'S LIKE HE WANTS TO KILL THE COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I F****** HATE VINCE F****** MCMAHON! HE DOESN'T CARE AS LONG AS HE'S MAKING MONEY OFF OF IT!!! which he's not so he need's to OPEN HIS F****** MIND. IN CONCLUSION HATE YOU VINCE MCMAHON

I'm going to have to agree that this "Wild Card" PPV is interesting. But come on? Why name something "Money in the Bank?". There's ENOUGH PPVs that are gimmick based. And Fatal Four Way? WTF! I loved Backlash, and Judgment Day, and what the fuck does he do? Changes them. And I'm pissed about Survivor Series as well. Vince is not making clever decisions and I'm sure that it will drive viewers away instead of bringing them in. Once again, fuck up number 5 million for Vince McMahon. *sigh*

i thought gimmick ppv's wer tna's thing? ven the names sound like tna ppv's
i liked mitb being at wrestlemania.
if all the ppv are gimmick ppv then wont it cheapen them (and i dont mean in price btw)
i think survivor series would fit very well with the rest of the gppv

PPVs.jpg

So based on this, we'll be getting all three of these new ppvs back-to-back. At least we won't have to wait too long to see how they fair. Weird to see Night of Champions so late in the year. What bothers me the most is that Extreme Rules is right after Wrestlemania. It just doesn't seem right to wrap up any left over business from 'Mania with that ppv, they should've just left Backlash alone.

When you look at this list and think of the gimmicks attached to each show, it's almost overwhelming; there's only two normal ppv's left now. We better buy the hell out of Summerslam before that gets replaced with a gimmick ppv too.

I was pretty dissapointed when they dropped The Great American from the Bash name. Just because of all the history behind it. Obviously history is one thing WWE usually could give a shit less about.
I would like to see whats behind the Wild Card name. Like Sean said it comes off as a Raw Roulette type theme just by the name. But who really knows.
I despise the whole idea of themed PPVs. Royal Rumble is Great. Its classic.Survivor Series was great(RIP). But the Hell in a Cell match used to mean something 10 years ago. I mean when Mankind went against Taker in the Cell people were like, holy shit not the cell. Now were just like, Oh another Hell in a Cell match they have 2 a year on a PPV. Its so watered down now.
Same with TLC. Now there going to take Money in the Bank and probably kill it with its own themed PPV. This was the one match I look forward to year round because this is when I get to see the midcarders showcased when they go all out to put on one hell of a show at the biggest show of the year. Now its just another PPV theme.
Fatal 4 Way doesn't even sound good. Who comes up with these ideas?

Out of all the new ppvs, I'm very interested to see what the "wild card" one will be about. It sounds like it could be a fun ppv.

I really don't know why in the hell WWE is having a Money In The Bank ppv. This has become one of the attractions I always look forward to come Wrestlemania time. I wonder if WWE will keep this match as a part of Wrestlemania or will they do away with it, and make it exclusive to this ppv? I;m curious to see if WWE will do the MITB matches for the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships only. Personally, if they are going to do this, I think it should be limited to the WWE and world heavyweight championships only. If they plan on doing this for EVERY world title, then it will become ridiculous. A MITB cash in is supposed to be something rare, and exclusive to one person. If so many different people just start cashing in the briefcases, then it takes away from the prestige of WWE's championships.

Fatal four way matches can be fun, but to have a ppv based on that? It really doesn't make sense to me. I imagine WWE will have all of their world titles defended in fatal four way matches. This could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing. It could be good thing because in a fatal four way match, you're bound to see some crazy spots, and this of course will get the crowd to give a good pop every now and then. It could be a bad thing because having too many fatal four way matches could become redundant. Having too many of the same matches can bore the crowd after a while if the match it self isn't good. I believe if WWE can limit the number of fatal four way matches to 2 or 3, then this might work.

:wtf: This sucks. I mean really? Really? Really? Wow. Money in the Bank is a match that has its prestige on the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. Now they are going to put it into one PPV? Really? Wow. First you change all of the names of the great PPVs like No Way Out and The Great American Bash and No Mercy and One Night Stand and Backlash!! Wow. Come on. Really? The Elimination Chamber is a structure that was made famous by No Way Out, and now the entire PPV is going to be inside the elimination chambers. I mean Really? Really? Wow. Fatal Four Way is going to SUCK!! I mean come on! Really? Really? Wow. A Fatal Four Way is alright every once in a while. But really? Really? A PPV with all fatal four ways? Really? Really? Wow. WWE you are slowly but surely going down the toilet. Maybe if you didn't make everything so kid-friendly, it would be okay. But really? Really? Wow. I think that all of these PPV name changes are going to kill the WWE and raise TNA from the grave. Not to mention, the stars that are keeping the WWE up, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Batista, and The Undertaker are all getting close to the ends of their carrers. John Cena and others like Randy Orton and John Morrison and Matt Hardy are going to keep the WWE up for a little bit, but the top notch stars are HBK and HHH and taker. I mean really? really? wow. I am so surprised that these big stars are even still with the WWE. TNA is probably going to surpass the WWE in the next year, if the WWE doesn't stop making everything so kid-friendly. NO BLOOD? NXT? Wow. I mean really? Really? Wow. I admit I watched like two episodes of ECW and rarely watch Smackdown since Jeff Hardy got arrested. Anyways, this whole entire PPV name change is going to kill the WWE!! If you got all the way through this post, good job. It was extremely long, I know. =) So if you agree with me, post my name in your post. Okay. Get ready to have a going away party for WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT. :banghead:

Lol, Get'em Sean! Anywayz, is Vince intent on destroying his company? What is it with all these new themed ppv's, I'm pretty sure even the marks are getting frustrated from all of this... Having so many themed ppv's somewhat ruins the storyline, because when the wrestlers are set to go at it at the upcoming ppv, they will need to follow the themes, ruining the match, and making it boring to watch!
When I first read that WWE sent out a survey of all the new ppv ideas they had, I felt bad for them, because I thought it was so pathetic. They probably think that all of us are eager for this upcoming crap their brilliant minds came up with!
Not only that, but they took out Backlash?! Why?! That was one of their best ppv's!! This is really sad, I don't know who they are trying to impress but all this nonsense is really getting outta hand...

April: Extreme Rules - What ever, it was called this what ever. Only problem is it won't be extreme like last year which means it will bring in allot of hate.
May: Wild Card - interesting, will have to wait and see.
June: Fatal Four Way - No no no no no no fucking no. We don't need a ppv of fatal fucking four ways.
July: Money in the Bank - Wow? This was one of the greatest parts of Wrestlemania, I mean look what its lead to from the 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009. Four great title reigns. (2007 sucked). This doesn't need its own ppv.

Seriously I don't understand why Vinne Mac or who ever is making these decisions think changing ppv's to shit like this is a good idea. The ppv's are just getting worse, I mean look at EC, we don't need it to be called EC. We know there would be two chambers and No way Out. All you had to do with say there would be two EC and people would buy it. I can see there buy rates dropping even further, who is going to buy a $45 dollar ppv for shit like "Fatal Four Way". I don't understand what the people running this are thinking. I can predict buyrates for the likes of Fatal Four Way, wild Card and Extreme Rules will be shit. Money in the Bank will be better as people are interested in MITB but this will just kill it. I know some people didn't like MITB at WM but look where its gone. Its interesting. I'm still going to watch these but I don't think I'm ever going to pay for a ppv again.

Okay lets make this short and sweet......IT IS F#CKING STUPID!!!

Seriously Yoou get ride of Survivor Series and Backlash. Both of these places help people out so much. Undertaker freaking debuted at SS and he is one of thier biggest superstar. Backlash it's the PPV after Wrestlemania. Lets face it all those great matches that happened at mania can continue fueds. I know sometimes some feuds go to long like Cena and Orton, Triple H and Orton, or even Edge and Taker.

AND FATAL FOUR WAY....WTF IS ALL THAT ABOUT YOU STUPID WWE WRITERS!!!

And I thought people who wrote for TNA were idiots.

To be honest, I see no problems with the new PPVs, apart from Fatal Four-Way's name.

Personally, I'm hoping the Wild Card PPV is the Battle Bowl. I loved the concept of the Battle Bowl and would much, much prefer it to a Spin The Wheel gimmick, since Extreme Rules is just before it.

Fatal Four-Way needs a better name, but other than that it isn't so bad. Four-Man matches could be fun, especially if they make it an elimination four-way with maybe two rising stars and two main eventers. It could be a great way for a young buck to gain credibility, by pinning a main eventer or having an impressive showing in a match. As long as not every match is four-way, I'm cool with it.

Money in the Bank should only be used to show off rising stars. It could be a tournament and MITB PPV, with qualifiers as the undercard and MITB as the main event. I might even buy this one. It sounds really interesting and really fun! I loved MITB as part of Wrestlemania, but now WM can have another match or two and a whole PPV could be devoted to the underappreciated and those waiting to break through the glass ceiling. Love it.

The WWF isn't fun anymore...its dull and has been for quite some time.....I greatly prefer TNA and hope that they continue to grow and improve...I think its far superior programming...The WWF just has better production values...I almost feel bad for the WWF's current wrestlers and personalities, almost, they make alot more dough than I do so I can't feel that bad.....anywhoo.......I'm no wrestling promoter but here's my ideal WWF pay per view(and tv special) schedule(since I'm fantasy booking I may as well just say I would have ONE world champ, ONE secondary champ, there would be a heavier focus on the women's and tag divisions and my federation wouldn't be filled with just pretty faces and good bods....remember, the USA network, where character matters):

January: Royal Rumble(PPV) rumble winner gets world title shot at mania
February: Saturday Night's Main Event(2 hour TV special)
March: Wrestlmania(PPV)-would include money in the bank at this event
April: Backlash(PPV)-I would avoid filling this card with just rematches
May: Clash of the Champions(2 hour TV special)
June: King of the Ring(PPV)- 8 man tourny, winner gets world title shot at Summerslam
July: Saturday Night's Main Event (2 hour TV Special)
August: Summerslam(PPV)
September: Wrestle War(War Games)(PPV)
October: Halloween Havoc(PPV)
November: Survivor Series(Thanksgiving Eve 2 hour TV special)
December: Best of Year(2 hour TV special)

Personally, I like the idea of WWE Wild Card because it sounds like a Cyber Sunday type deal or (as mentioned before) a Raw Roulette type deal. Personally, I think it should be a Raw Roulette, because then we could see a little more "Extreme"... which, if I'm not mistaking, is what this ppv you is replacing.

As for WWE Money in the Bank, I like how it has that King of the Ring feel to it. Like, there's a tournament, only there's 8 finalists who can compete instead of 2. And it's actually not something that is too dramatic like "TLC".

i just think wwe should stop it with the gimmicky ppvs and getting rid of the classic ones such as survivor series i seem to remember reading that vince said the concept of it doesnt work anymore and this is obvious due to the low ratings over the past couple of years but i think thats due to the fact that they dont put on entertaining raws and smackdowns anymore and fail to make people want to watch most of their pay per views let alone fork over money for them.

its like the extreme rules pay per view in a way it was false advertising because nothing extreme happened at all.

the hell in the cell pay per view the cell may aswell have not been there so that was crap

what the wwe should do in my opinion is keep the pay per views how they were and start entertaining us again and making us want to watch and people will pay for them again

I agree that Wild Card is an intriguing name and that fatal four-ways are an underrated match (even if we don't need more than two of them) and especially the opinion that a Money in the Bank PPV is an awful idea.

MITB has been a consistent high-point of Wrestlemania since it was first introduced, both in terms of the match itself and the build-up. People look forward to it, it's a few weeks of TV matches and storylines that need absolutely no effort to write, and every time it had produced OMG moments. To do a PPV likely featuring two MITBs (one for a shot at each title) would take away some of the buzz of Wrestlemania and water down the cool-factor.

My biggest issue with it is that having a single contract for any title you want, anytime you want, makes for a very very intriguing and prestigious honour. If you have two matches and know which title is being challenged for it takes a lot of the air out of it. Knowing the WWE lately I'd imagine they'll change it from a pair of briefcases to a pair of contracts to face the champion at the very next PPV or something, which would utterly destroy the concept. That being said, it could potentially make Summerslam even better.

Ultimately I think these themed PPVs aren't a great idea. If you do more than one match with the same stipulation on the same night then it makes the audience wonder what makes the two distinct from each other, and why they should care. It waters them down and spreads things thin. In addition to this the names sound silly and hearing the wrestlers say things like "At Fatal Four-Way I'm going to destroy you" is just a complete buzz-kill. And then there's the fact that we know we're only going to get the various matches at those PPVs. You can argue that knowing a Hell in a Cell is coming in ___ months is exciting, but at the same time I liked the unpredictability of not knowing what kind of matches we might see from one month to the next. If they do this long term it's going to be tough to remember which PPV was which. I tend to remember PPVs based on the big match that happened that night, that won't be possible if we get the same big matches at the same time every single year.

The Wild Card PPV, I hope, is something fan related. But Cyber Sunday was squashed because the WWE pretends it wants fan interaction and choice in the bookings when it really doesn't. Its an annoyance.
So we will probably get options which really are no choice at all. A true Wild Card would be to open the voting to the entire roster, and let the fans chose the challengers for the titles. No restrictions. Hell, if Santino ends up getting a WWE title shot because of it, so be it.

The Extreme Rules PPV...I don't know why they are going to do it now that they are full out PG. Expect a lot of match stoppages, or a watered down version of the hardest matches.

Money In The Bank -- I don't want to see this moved from Wrestlemania. And there can't be 2 MITB matches a year, so one of them has got to go. Sadly, Wrestlemania can sell on its name alone, so they are just trying to take a selling point to enhance another PPV. And I agree with what others have said about some of the main eventers being in a MITB match: They can't hack it. Perfect example: Cena + anything with ladders = Fail

If they are doing all these gimmick PPVs, I still don't understand why they won't bring back King of the Ring. That was a great PPV. Is it because WWE talent refuses to work 3-4 matches in one night? Suck it up. Is it because management/creative would rather stretch out something for as long as they can? Still, the later KOTR's only had 4 entrants towards the end. That was a rippoff. In my opinion, WM4 did it the best. Start with 16 people and have the whole PPV a tournament. The winner will show heart and stamina (or cunning with cheap wins). So you only use 16 of your 65 member talent roster--who cares? There are still 12 other PPVs in a year and 5 hours of WWE programming a week.

And no one cared about the "king" title. Some took it too far (ahem, King Mabel...King Booker...although King Booker was funny). If there was something like a $50000 bonus or some form of prestige for the victory (besides a title or a title shot), then it would be more unique.

And the Fatal Four Way PPV -- screwjob city. Yes, I would absolutely like to feel ripped off with 4 people in the ring with ONE fall in a match so that a championship changes hands without the champion being beaten. As a fan I would love to be ripped off. Go ahead, I won't buy it.

I am curious as to why they took the Bash out.......it has alot of history just like mania and Survivor Series and Summer Slam but then again so did Starcade. This idea of MITB is frustrating to me, I think it should stay a mania exclusive. This just goes to show you that the WWE doesn't want you to have your cake(Wrestlemania) and eat it too(Money In The Bank Match)

I Just found 2011's PPV schedule
30 Jan: ROYAL RUMBLE
20 Feb: Special Guest Referee
27 Mar: WRESTLEMANIA 27
17 Apr: PPV on a Pole
15 May: Evening Gown
12 Jun: Punjabi Prison
03 Jul: Dog Collar
31 Jul: Blindfold
28 Aug: SUMMERSLAM
18 Sep: Dumpster
16 Oct: Handicap
06 Nov: Beer Drinking Contest
27 Nov: Bar Room Brawl
18 Dec: Contract Signings/Arm wrestling contest

Looks like 2011 might be the best year yet!!!! Cant wait to see HHH/Orton/Cena in a 3 way Evening gown match!!!

Seriously though, If you want Gimmick PPV's Stick with Survivor Series and Bring back King of the Ring. And let the old IYH PPV's be mini supercards!

Watching these ridiculous gimmick PPV's doesn't excite me. A hell in a cell match should be special. A Fatal 4 Way should fit the story. MITB is the best way a superstar can elevate (which KOTR should be!) I like backlash, Judgement Day, Armageddon, No Mercy. They all hold special memories for me. Maybe 1999/2000 just had better PPV's cos Backlash 2000 had The Rock winning the belt for the first time as a face. Judgement day 2000 Had HHH win it back in an IRON MAN match. No mercy 1999 had The Hardy's Vs Edge and Christan in a ladder match! AWESOME. Armageddon 1999 had stephs heel turn and Armageddon 2000 had the 6 Man HIAC. All these new PPV's are gonna have is when someone won a gimmick match! Before that other guy won aswell! AND THEY'LL BE SHIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back