How WWE should have the pay-per-views

LikeABoss13

Occasional Pre-Show
From the month of January to the month of December, there are a total of 13 pay-per-views for the WWE. I am also tired of these themed pay-per-views as well, I mean have 1 themed pay-per-view is okay, but having 7 themed pay-per-views is way too many. In this thread, I want everyone's opinion on how they would make the pay-per-view schedule for the WWE and you can include old and retired pay-per-views too. In the mean time, here is how I would set it up:

- January -
Pay-Per-View:
Royal Rumble
Reason: Because it's when the road starts to WrestleMania and I like how the main event is the Rumble because it gives 15 guys from Raw and 15 guys from SmackDown a chance to main event WrestleMania. But I think they should also do the same for the divas and have a mini Royal Rumble for them except have all of them in the ring at once.

- February -
Pay-Per-View:
St. Valentine's Day Massacre
Reason: I thought the name was good and it was just really a pay-per-view that had no meaning and no theme except for Valentines Day in the name of the event.

- March -
Pay-Per-View:
WrestleMania
Reason: The biggest wrestling event ever, plain and simple.

- April -
Pay-Per-View:
Unforgiven
Reason: Unforgiven sounds dark and kind of like revenge or something like that. But the pay-per-view after WrestleMania is always hard because what to do now and how to do it is always on the writers mind since they mainly had there focus on that WrestleMania. But Unforgiven can also be described as like a sequel to a movie or a video game and it has some matches that continue after WrestleMania too.

- May -
Pay-Per-View:
Night of Champions
Reason: When I read that there was gonna be a pay-per-view that had all the championships being defended and no regular match on the card, I thought it was good because I think some titles rarely get defended on a pay-per-view like the United States title or the Womens title and I think that they should be defended.

- June -
Pay-Per-View:
King of the Ring
Reason: If you ask anyone what there top 3 favorite pay-per-views WWE ever came up with, King of the Ring would be listed somewhere in there top 3 because it helped shoot wrestlers up when they won the tournament like Brock Lesnar, Edge, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. But for some it didn't help, like Billy Gun. But I like the tournament and it really could help a wrestler become big if they win it.

- July -
Pay-Per-View:
Over the Limit
Reason: Name sounded really good, but after the first one, the show didn't do good in my opinion and I think they can really turn this into a great pay-per-view because the names sounds really good and extreme.

- August -
Pay-Per-View:
SummerSlam
Reason: The biggest party of the summer is always the tag line or the tag line for most of the SummerSlams. SummerSlam is special because not only is it one of the 4 originals, but it's where magic is made and some really great matches have happened at SummerSlam like Randy Orton vs Chris Benoit, TLC, The Rock vs Kurt Angle vs Triple H, The Undertaker vs Bret Hart, etc.

- September -
Pay-Per-View:
Extreme Rules
Reason: This is the only pay-per-view that has a gimmick in it and I like it. Every match is a special match and that makes for great matches with great wrestlers in them as well.

- October -
Pay-Per-View:
Cyber Sunday
Reason: I liked this pay-per-view from the start when it was Taboo Tuesday and I may be one of the rare guys that likes it too. But anyways, I was disappointed when they dropped it because I do believe that for some of the matches we voted for, they actually gave what we wanted. For example, Cyber Sunday 2008, Evan Bourne won the vote to face Matt Hardy for the ECW title and I think most people voted for him.

- November -
Pay-Per-View: Survivor Series
Reason: It's a tradition and one of the original 4 pay-per-views and the 2nd longest running pay-per-view for WWE. I also think everyone looks forward to this pay-per-view because of the Survivor Series elimination matches and thats what makes it so good.

- December -
Pay-Per-View: Bragging Rights
Reason: Because it's the end of the year and I liked the match between Raw and SmackDown and it will show which show had the better wrestlers on it for that year.

i agree with all of them except for valentines day massacre. it makes no sense having that random ppv right after the royal rumble and before wrestlemania. maybe something that will build the aftermath of the royal rumble leading to wrestlemania will help.

There are 2 main points I would like to make from this thread, first of all I would like to point out that St. Valentine's Day Massacre will not be a pay per view that returns any time soon mainly due to the fact that the title does not fit into the PG era. In saying that I do like the idea of bringing back King of the Ring as it could help push for a young superstar.

January -
Pay-Per-View: Royal Rumble
Reason: Because it's when the road starts to WrestleMania I would have two royal rumbles one for smackdown, and one for raw. 20 men in each one. But I think they should also do the same for the divas and have a mini Royal Rumble for them except have all of them in the ring at once.

- February -
Pay-Per-View: In Your House (2 hours)
Reason: low key alot of low - mid carders. no maineventers

- March -
Pay-Per-View: WrestleMania

- April -
Reason: not much build. smackdown vs raw maybe bring in war games cage

- May -
Pay-Per-View: Night of Champions
Reason: When I read that there was gonna be a pay-per-view that had all the championships being defended and no regular match on the card, I thought it was good because I think some titles rarely get defended on a pay-per-view like the United States title or the Womens title and I think that they should be defended.

- June -
Pay-Per-View: The great american bash
Reason: kick of the summer

- July -
Pay-Per-View: Exteme Rules
Reason: I like the ppv and no where to put it

- August -
Pay-Per-View: SummerSlam
Reason: The biggest party of the summer is always the tag line or the tag line for most of the SummerSlams. SummerSlam is special because not only is it one of the 4 originals, but it's where magic is made and some really great matches have happened at SummerSlam like Randy Orton vs Chris Benoit, TLC, The Rock vs Kurt Angle vs Triple H, The Undertaker vs Bret Hart, etc.

- September -
Pay-Per-View: King of the ring
Reason: I also like this ppv but add queen of the ring

- October -
Pay-Per-View: Cyber Sunday
Reason: I liked this pay-per-view from the start when it was Taboo Tuesday and I may be one of the rare guys that likes it too.
- November -
Reason: It's a tradition and one of the original 4 pay-per-views and the 2nd longest running pay-per-view for WWE. I also think everyone looks forward to this pay-per-view because of the Survivor Series elimination matches and thats what makes it so good.

- December -
Pay-Per-View: Invasion
Reason: fcw vs wwe

January-Royal Rumble. What a great way to kick off the new year with 30 wrestlers fighting in the same ring for a shot at main eventing on the Grandest Stage Of Them All.

February-No Way Out. The Elimination Chamber is great and can also help with who's gonna be the number one contender for the other World Championship. But "No Way Out" is one menacing ass name, so I'd keep it.

March-WrestleMania. The biggest pay per view ever, Wrestling's Mecca.

April-Backlash. Rematches of the best matches of WrestleMania, plus the start of a couple new feuds.

May-Extreme Rules. As a subtle tribute to One Night Stand, a night of the most extreme matches that could possibly come out of PG WWE.

June-Night Of Champions. All titles on the line.

July-The Great American Bash. WWE is a worldwide company, but one time of the year WWE gets yet another chance to show how big America's balls are.

August-Summerslam. The biggest party of the summer and one of the original Big Four. Of course it's not going away! I always look forward to seeing another Lesnar/Rock, Hogan/Michaels, or Orton/Benoit.

September-Unforgiven. Summerslam's aftermath. Again with some added new feuds.

October-Cyber Sunday. I loved this concept and was sad to see it go. Bring it back and let the WWE Universe help make a choice.

November-Survivor Series. Another of the Big Four and the Survivor Series Elimination matches were always the best.

December-Bragging Rights. Champion vs. Champion matches. Teams representing RAW and Smackdown coming together to determine who is the better brand. Great way to end the year by finding out just who was the best.

I think bragging rights, should go either right before or right after survivor series, they would really compliment eachother, and it would give them a story line to run for two months in a row, Smackdown vs Raw, starting at Bragging Rights and ending at Survivor Series. I also think KOTR could easily replace one of thier gimic ppvs, they could also tie in KOTR to smackdown vs raw having a raw and smackdown bracket, or would three months of SmackdownvsRaw be a bit to much?

Interesting... I would prefer that WWE have a MAXIMUM of 7 pay-per-views per year, but, as unlikely as that is to happen, here are my thoughts for the 12 months:

January: Royal Rumble
- This has been a PPV staple since 1989 and is arguably one of the most popular PPV's of the year. The Road to WrestleMania begins here and sets up what will take place two-three months later. The one thing I would change is have the winner of the Rumble legitimately drawn at random so the outcome isn't predictable.

February: Money in the Bank
- I would focus this event on building on feuds leading into WrestleMania, but I'd have the Main Event feature talent from the brand that didn't win the Royal Rumble to determine who faces that brand's champion at WrestleMania.

March/April: WrestleMania
- WrestleMania is the "Super Bowl of Wrestling" and isn't going anywhere. The only thing I would change here is allow each match to be a minimum of 10 minutes long as opposed to 3:30 with 20 minutes of talking and promos in between matches

April: Backlash (Alternately, Revenge or Vengeance)
- I like the idea of Backlash being the fallout PPV of WrestleMania and I would love for it to return. The idea could be to either continue or end a storyline that began or remained unresolved from WrestleMania.

May: Bragging Rights
I would move the WWE draft to the Monday immediately following this pay-per-view. As for the pay-per-view itself, I would have every match be Raw vs. SmackDown to determined draft picks. The following night, I would feature matches to determined the supplemental draft.

June: King of the Ring
- As with other posters, I would love to see this pay-per-view return. I would have each bracket feature one superstar from Raw and one from SmackDown and I would have all former heavyeight champion inelligible to compete. The winner of the tournament would get a title shot at SummerSlam.

July: WarGames
- A lot of people have been dying to see WWE bring back WarGames, so I would make a pay-per-view out of it to please those fans. The main event would obviously be a WarGames match, but I would change the rules to be similar to Elimination Chamber. The participants would be from the bran that didn't win King of the Ring and would determine who gets a title shot at SummerSlam

August: SummerSlam
- Another popular PPV that's been a WWE staple since 1988. Like WrestleMania, it's here to stay, and I wouldn't change anything about it.

September: Anarchy Rulz
- Similar in concept to the current Extreme Rules pay-per-view, but I would focus less on gimmick matches and more on every match being similar in style to normal ECW matches. I would also make this the one PPV in the year that's TV-14 (but I would advertise this constantly so that parents know exactly what's in store for their kids should they order it).

October: Halloween Havoc
- Havoc is one of the oldest WCW PPV's (that continued to run until WCW's demise) and it should be a featured event on the WWE calendar. I would make this event cater mainly to kids to get them pumped up for Halloween, but I wouldn't go gimmick-heavy with the Halloween theme.

November: November to Remember
- An homage to ECW, I would bring back the November to Remember PPV (although, it would have little or nothing to do with ECW). This means pushing Survivor Series to December, but that's not that big a deal. I would feature some storylines, but nothing too significant as November is when the holiday season starts and families tend to be too busy to buy PPV's or care enough to follow storylines as much as they would before or after the holidays.

December: Survivor Series
- I don't know why WWE thought of removing this PPV from the schedule considering it's the second oldest PPV to WrestleMania and, personally, I found the elimination matches entertaining. I would use a formula similar to Survivor Series 1991 and feature mainly elimination match (5-on-5, not 4-on-4) and have the only singles matches be for the WWE and World Heavyweight titles.

NOTES: As I said, I would eliminate some PPV's and, if I were to do so, I would only have Royal Rumble in January, WrestleMania in April, KOTR in June, WarGames in July, SummerSlam in August, Halloween Havoc in October and Survivor Series in November or December

Ok i agree with you totally about the to many ppv wrestling ppv should be back with once a month ppv but here is how I would set it up it will be the theme name ones and the rest old or new ppv.

- January -
Reason: this is tradition cant change it.

- Febuary -
Reason: your proab asking y shamrox did u put this before wm because to me let the wwe universe decide on the storyline turn before wm so why knot?

- March -
Reason: There no real reasoning.

- April -
Reason: ok your asking why bragging rights right after wrestle mania because if u think. the draft usually a month or two months after WM well if u have the ppv theme like it is but the whatever shows wins the trophy they will get the first draft pick like this can be the all star wrestling event.

- May -
Pay-Per-View: Over the Limit
Reason: Name sounded really good, but it right it didn't hit, i think this ppv should be the submission type ppv where u can have submision matches like a i quit match, iron man, submission, and even the championship scramble. it should be matches that mean lasting the limit that why those matches should be in it.

- June -
Pay-Per-View: Road Wild
Reason: yes bring this ppv to the wwe but now you all are prob going to say road wild was held during sturgis bike week. so what i know of a bike week that is as big as strugis but will hold a event laconia bike week. this will be one of the best ppv's.

- July -
Reason: The biggest party of the summer. and to me july has the biggest party's.

- August -
Pay-Per-View: No Way Out
Reason: ok the name fits why i say it a steel cage type ppv yes it will work for the wwe because if u have matches mid card matches in the steal cage then tag team or grudge matches in the hell in the cell then have the wwe and world defend it a elimination chamber. all thos matches will fit with the name

- September -
Reason: ok this is my favorite wwe ppv i might get really alot of heat for this tweak im doing but how about u add the king of the ring type tourny. first round matches will be on that monday night and friday before it: quarter round (the wwe/world have byes) [1st round] ic champ vs 1 half of tag team- us vs other tag team: semi round wwe champ vs raw winner- world champ vs smack down winer: final winner vs winner.

- October -
Pay-Per-View: Halloween Havoc
Reason: ok wwe needs to really bring this one back because to me when i was younger and october came along not only i was excited for my b-day but i was excited for halloween and because of that i was looking foreword to halloween havoc. now this ppv to me can be wwe extreme rulez type ppv with really no rules and have burry the live type matches or a casket the dark type matches that what they can have.

- November -
Reason: It's a tradition.

- December -
Pay-Per-View: New Years Revolution
Reason: OK your probably asking why did i pick this one well like what they did when they push shemus both shows can have a battle royal with superstars who haven't gotten a title shot all there career and those winner can get there shot the starting of the new year. and i dont just mean the world champions u can even due one for the tag team and also women's and diva and even midcard but i think that would be pushing

so please inform me with your opions

- January -
Reason: The Road to Wrestlemania begins at the RR. It sets the tone for the upcoming months in accordance to feuds and confrontations that will glorified for on the brands.

- February -
Pay-Per-View: No Mercy
Reason: This is where you let character develop flourish. Heels will revert to very bad and questionable tactics towards a face. The face will want revenge at the grandest stage of them all.

- March -

- April -
Pay-Per-View: Judgement Day
Reason: Feuds will be put to rest. One will come out on top and reign supreme. Good name for a PPV that ends it.

- May -
Reason: This will add different set of contenders for the championships. Freshens a new scene and tune for the upcoming months.

- June -
Pay-Per-View: Over the Limit
Reason: Take the champion to the limit, and introduces some extreme matches and adds heat and interest to the feuds.

- July -
Pay-Per-View: Bad Blood
Reason: Blood, sweat and tears are shed in this PPV. This will decide who rains supreme in the feud.

- August -
Reason: This will pin the champion in a difficult situation making him defend his championship against multiple competitors with a lot of stipulated matches.

- September -
Pay-Per-View: Breaking Point
Reason: The champions and competitors brought to a point of no return, introduces a brand new tone.

- October -
Reason: Unpredictable night, pins different possibilities on the competitors.

- November -
Reason: Ends feuds and raises tension among the brands and introduces a feud with different superstars protecting brand honor.

- December -
Pay-Per-View: Shows which brand is the best of the year. Champions v. Champions and tag matches with two leaders against each others brand.

I dont agree with your February pick and Over The Limit lacked. I think the events should flow. So I came up with a good flow for the Summer & others just fit in perfectly where they are and where others are filled in is cool enough

- January -
Royal Rumble
Reason: The Big 4 dont need a reason (about time they add a Divas Royal Rumble though consisting of 20 [they can bring back talent if need be or just have it be 15 Divas it doesnt matter])

- February -
No Way Out
Reason: Keep the Elimination Chamber matches here, it's been great having them just change the name back because matches shouldnt be PPV titles (Royal Rumble & Survivor Series are exceptions)

- late March/early April -
WrestleMania
Reason: The Big 4 dont need a reason (Dont forget this happens either last week of March or first week of April)

- April -
Extreme Rules
Reason: You dont need to call it Backlash, being there for Extreme Rules live in my hometown this year I realized this is just as good to have a backlash with extreme rules. It makes sense to end unfinished business this way seeing as how there are never many specialty matches in a single Mania.

- May -
Breaking Point
Reason: I loooved seeing the spotlight on Submissions again. Adding a Submission Counts Anywhere Match. Great stuff. I wanna see it back. And hell maybe the Extreme Rules backlash from WrestleMania wasnt enough for one or two feuds and maybe they need to be taken to their breaking point! This PPV was just in the wrong place and shouldve been the 2nd one after Mania

-June-
King of the Ring
Reason: Great PPV that should come back and I have these three PPVs in order because a star can get pushed and much like they had the KOTR get a title shot I say use that stipulation again and just have them win a shot at the main belt on their brand at Night of Champions next month. Very nice flow of PPVs (besides this it looks good on paper for a sequence but also for that "order these three PPVs and get this free" thing just like Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber & WrestleMania this year, I won a watch doing that last Summer)

- July -
Night of Champions
Reason: Every title on the line is great. Nice to have an event where every match is a title match, no one can complain there and as far as my idea for KOTR leading the winner here, if it's a new star and they get a push this leads them right into SummerSlam where the feud can end in an epic way after having build since June

- August -
SummerSlam
Reason: The Big 4 dont need a reason

- September -
Cyber Sunday
Reason: The one interactive PPV where we can vote. Just the fact that they took this away shows how much they care about what we want, they dont.

- October -
DiVas, Divalicious, Divas Only, Girls Only, Women's Fights (take your pick at what the name should be as long as they dont name it: WWE Smart, Sexy & Powerful and yes the last option is a play off Women's Rights and Women Fight combined kind of)
Reason: The thing is I dont care if you dont think they should get an All-Diva PPV or dont care about them etc. This is the kind of thinking that needs to stop because it is very sexist and wrong and everyone immediately shuts down all the Divas not giving them any credit or respect they deserve. A PPV is the way to go to gain them more respect and have them standout. Give them hardcore matches like back in the Attitude Era when they showed they could entertain just as well as the guys. They can easily put quite a few matches together that would spark interest and after this event I think ppl would look at them differently. Give them good storylines going in and really let them shine, no limitations, not including putting them in matches we'd never thought we'd see them in and you've got something here. I like WWE Women's Fights best and have it be a PPV centered around the Divas demanding respect

-October-
TLC
Reason: This ended up being well done. A Chairs Match, Ladder Match, Tables Match and TLC Match and MITB isnt needed as a PPV because they can add that in this PPV too! Still having two winners (2 events in October)

- November -
Survivor Series
Reason: The Big 4 dont need a reason (you can just have a War Games match here at SS)

- December -
Bragging Rights
Reason: We do need a better year ender than TLC so this can stay here as it makes sense to name the best brand of the year at the year end PPV event

Here is what I would do with the 12 ppv's

- January -
Reason: Have 30 superstars decide who is going to WM.

- Febuary -
Pay-Per-View: No Mercy
Reason: I would have an elimination chamber match to determine who else would be going to WM.

- March -
Reason: Because WWE will always have Wrestlemania.

- April -
Pay-Per-View: Backlash/Unforgiven
Reason: I would have this PPV help end rivalries comming out of WM.

- May -
Pay-Per-View: Night Of Champions
Reason: To have all of the champions defend their titles.

- June -
Pay-Per-View: Bash At The Beach
Reason: This was one of my favorite PPV's. What a great way to kick off the summer. Bring back an outdoor venue with a swimming pool with sand.

- July -
Pay-Per-View: King Of The Ring
Reason: This would help create a new star.

- August -
Reason: I would keep this to help end summer.

- September -
Pay-Per-View: Road Wild
Reason: This would take place outside, and could feature more "violence" while a group a bikers watch. I would have a small concert take place during the show to help promote an up and comming rock band, and they could end up involved in a match somehow.

- October -
Pay-Per-View: Halloween Havoc
Reason: This was one of my favorite PPV's. It is associated with Halloween, and this PPV could have a variety of special effects, costumes (think back to when rey rey came out in the purple suit), and even matches associated with "Halloween".

- November -
Reason: It's a traditional PPV, and having 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 matches with teams that can have a variety of stars in would be a fun PPV to watch.

- December -
Pay-Per-View: Starrcade
Reason: I would have the biggest stars from each brand battle (Bragging Rights) to determine which brand is more superior at the end of the year. I would also use this PPV to finish rivalries heading into the Royal Rumble.

I think they should bring in Halloween Havoc...for October...
to kick summer off in July, bring in Bash at the Beach...those 2 ppv's from WCW they should bring in, they sound good as well...

As for the rest, i'm not too bothered...Over the Limit should go because it is just bad look...Bragging rights is the best ppv they bought in...They should keep Survivor Series and actually use the concept more....

And a last thing, they shouldn't have gotten rid of The Great American Bash...

January - Royal Rumble
Notes - Great ppv and always a wwe mainstay.

February - No Way Out
Notes - All matches would be in steel cage, as it goes along with ppv name.

March - Wrestlemania
Notes - Another wwe classic.

April - Backlash
Notes - Needs to come back as it is a good way to end feuds from wrestlemania.

May - Night of Champions
Notes - Exciting to see all the belts on the line in one night.

June - King of the Ring
Notes - 4 wrestlers from each brand, ie from raw four wrestlers fight in two 1 on 1 matches then the 2 winners face each other to decide the dominant wrestler then the same happens on the smackdown side, this would culminate in a smackdown v raw singles match and winner would be crowned king of the ring and no 1 contenders shot at bash at the beach .

July - Bash at the Beach
Notes - WCW ppv which would be down by a beach in the open air, is something interesting and great start to summer watching.

August - Summerslam
Reason - Another wwe mainstay, but would include 2 elimination chamber matches for the 2 world titles.

September - Cyber Sunday
Notes - Great ppv for fans to get involved with match stipulations and participants.

October - Halloween Havoc
Notes - This would include all matches to have extreme stipulations, as havoc and halloween make you think of blood it goes along with the extreme rules, would be great for this to happen.

November - Survivor Series
Notes - Vince should be disgraced at dropping this ppv, classic and all matches would be 5 on 5 apart from the 2 world title matches and either IC or US title match, which would leave about 4 five on five matches.

December - Armageddon
Notes - The main event would be 2 armageddon hell in a cell matches(6 men, first 3 count wins title) for the 2 world titles, would end the year in style unlike all other suggestions.

Have them be regular PPV's, I'm already sick of Gimmick PPV's. Fatal Four Way? You got to be kidding me, their is no chance in hell I would shell out money for that crap of a Gimmick PPV. They need to put more emphasis on building feuds and have a gimmick match when the time is right, not hey lets have every match be in a steel cage. It really diminishes the quality of that kind of gimmick match and no longer makes that kind of match special, or have a regular person shell out money to see it.

I like everyone's opinions. I never really thought about the Halloween Havoc pay-per-view and I think that I should have put that because it does sound kind of cool and scary and put it around Halloween too. And with the No Mercy being in February also is cool.

January-Royal Rumble
(15 Raw superstars and 15 Smackdown superstars). Winner faces champion at the Wrestlemania

February-No Way Out
Elminination Chamber for the brand that lost the Royal Rumble in order to determine the number 1 contender for that brand's championship. Rest of the card builds up matches for Wrestlemania. Hype up other brand's main event for Wrestlemania through interview, contract signing, or attack to build feud. Don't put them in a match to help cut down on possible injuries.

March-Wrestlemania
The only payperview that is four hours. Showcasing the best matches from both brands.

April- Backlash
The fall out to Wrestlemania. Opportunity for Wrestlemania feuds to end or to continue onward.

May-Night of Champions
Every belt is on the line with this match

June-King of the Ring
Have one side of the bracket Raw matches and the other side of the bracket Smackdown matches. The finals would be one RAW superstar vs. one SMACKDOWN superstar.

July-Judgment Day
The main event would be a WarGames match, but I would change the rules to be similar to Elimination Chamber. The participants would be from the brand that didn't win King of the Ring and would determine who gets a title shot at SummerSlam.

August- Summer Slam
Money in the bank ladder match. Half of the participants will be Smackdown superstars and the other half will be RAW superstars. Winner gets a title shot at any opportunity.

September- Over the Limit
Have a couple of speciality matches i.e. submission, falls count anywhere, I quit, scramble for title.

October- Halloween Havoc
Have a Hell in the Cell Main event for one brand where its the culmination of a feud.

November-Survivor Series
Every match is a 4 man eliminiation style match with a team captain and team name. Winners of each match of go on for an ultimate survivor match at the end.

December- Bragging Rights
The main event consists of a speciality match (TLC) between a Raw superstar and a Smackdown superstar. The winner gets first draft pick on the following night of Raw.

Intresting topic, at this moment in time I must admit i'm not entirely happy with the structure and outcomes leading up to Wrestlemania.

While in the past The Royal Rumble was important, with the winner getting a unique chance at WM, its significance has been lowered greatly by the 6 man Elimination Chamber matches of the february ppv.

In the last 2 years we have had both championships being owned by new champions through these matches, and just a month before Wrestlemania:

2009-
WWE - HHH
WHC - Edge

2010-
WWE - Cena
WHC - Jericho

The current structure means that the Royal Rumble is by far anyones last chance to headline Wrestlemania, with a potential 40% of the Rumble participants being in heavyweight title matches at Elimination Chamber.

What I prepose is to push the Royal Rumble to february, and have Elimination Chamber in January.

January - Emilimation Chamber - A new year, a new opportunity for WWE's top stars to capture gold.

February - Royal Rumble - Last chance saloon, 30 men, 1 main event Wrestlemania match.

March/April - Wrestlemania - The granddaddy of them all.

This would allow any new champs from No Way Out a PPV to solidify their champion status, and build their current motives/characters regardless of the Royal Rumble winner.

I also feel that lately the Royal Rumble winner has lost momentum and this idea could help to solve this, especialy with a pure 6/7 weeks (the usual gap) of build up between him and the champ before WM.

I don't know if this would effect buyrates, i think NWO/Elimi Chamber is often quite low?

"JANUARY" Royal Rumble: simply cause it has 2 be.

"FEBRUARY" No Way Out: only those who are really deserving, most dedicated performers or eliminated the most superstars to be in the sub main event should go head 2 head... only 1 elimination chamber. should be more unpredictable less obvious match.

"MARCH" WrestleMania: it belongs in March not in April but then that depends on the ufc ppv schedule.

"APRIL" BackLash/Extreme Rules: like some mentioned, should end Wm rivalries...

"MAY" new concept since they like to come up with themes" PPV 4 THE TROOPS: its june outside event with military instead of bikers like some said... i dont care for bikers, im more for japanese bikes not choppers. but if i had to choose from current programming, i would say Bash At The Beach.

"JUNE" King Of The Ring. Create a summer breakout star thru an intense tournament... with a champion vs. champion non title match simply cause i think it should be based on the tournament.

"JULY" Over The Limit: settup for summerslam ppv. should be maybe the corniest ppv of the year...

"AUGUST" SummerSlam: no question, to me its the 2nd version of WrestleMania

"SEPTEMBER" Fall Brawl: great title for september from the WCW days

"OCTOBER" Cyber SundaY: I like the idea of fan interaction, stipulation and surprises.

"NOVEMBER" Survivor Series: its traditional when i was growing up in the late 80's - mid 90's.

"DECEMBER" New Years Revolution: i liked this title for december instead of january...

Hi Guys,

This is my first post. Here is how I would do it:

January-Royal Rumble. I'd keep it the same except I would have 2 brand exclusive rumbles of 20 a piece. The regular rumble goes for about an hour and fifteen minutes when good so this would be 2 45 minute rumbles or so. Plus you could have storylines where maybe the Smackdown winner wants a shot at the Raw and vise versa or both want one champ and it makes a wrestlemania three way and the other show still has no number one contender etc etc.

Also, I'd start NXT around this time and give two of them a shot at a respective rumble. This pushes that show. Maybe one actually eliminates someone like Maven did to Taker.

February-No Way Out. I like the name a lot. Just put in at least one actual No Way Out match like a HIAC or Elimination Chamber. It doesn't make sense if you don't do that.

March-Wrestlemania. Wouldn't change anything. Maybe just keep money in the bank here. It doesn't need it's own show.

April-Backlash. Always my second favorite ppv each year. It is like a Wrestlemania lite to me. No reason to get rid of this or gimmick it up.

May-Bragging Rights: The Draft. I hate the ppv but like the idea of including the draft into it. The draft is big enough to carry its own ppv. Also, maybe wrap NXT up here with a match and give that person a brand all in the same night.

June-King of the Ring. Always a favorite. This needs its own PPV because it seems like a lot of stars are getting really premature or hastened pushes. Imagine how much over someone like Sheamus or Swagger would be if they had the KOTR over their name. Not to beat a dead horse, but with an eight man tournament, you could give the NXT winner a first round bye and automatic bid into the final four. Just tryin to give that show some more clout.

July-Summerslam. It is too late in the summer for me right now. As a teacher and a wrestling fan since high school, summerslam always came out when school was starting back up. What is summery about that? Especially when you are going for the PG crowd. Put it in mid July and it fits more.

August-Unforgiven:Breaking Point. I know the PPV sucked the first time, but redo it a little. Put a submission match, maybe an iron man, a last man standing, 3 stages of hell, regular 2 out of 3 falls, I Quit. There are a lot of options and a lot of them are rarely used anymore.

September-Night of Champions. Make this a "BIG" ppv to take Survivor Series's place as a big ppv. Put a red carpet out there and have the champs arrive. There is no reason this couldn't be on the level with the Rumble or Survivor Series 10 years ago.

October-Hell in a Cell. I know it doesn't fit in with the whole PG thing, but give this a Halloween theme to the event.

November-TLC: Cyber Sunday. I'll be honest with you, Survivor Series is done. Interest has been low for a while. Now, with Bragging Rights, it is prolly time to pull the plug. Especially if they aren't going to put any time and effort into the event. TLC is a good event. Maybe you could put a second MITB match here and give some gimmicks that aren't seen any other time of the year. Combine Cyber Sunday where the fans can vote on the match. Who do they want to see in the MITB match? What kind of match do they want Cena and CM Punk to have?

December-Armageddon: Elimination Chamber. I always loved the name even though it isn't really PG and WWE has been skittish about it in the past. I always like Elimination Chambers around this time of the year (November-January) to kind of mix things up. The Elimination Chamber ppv seemed to work this year in February, so why trash a good idea?

No PPV with the word massacre in it will appear under the current WWE regime as others have pointed out. Likely why Armageddon disappeared too.

In all honesty, I think PPVs shouldn't be every single month. I've never paid for anything but Wrestlemania and the Royal Rumble. Here in the UK Sky used to show all but those for free but gradually changed it so they were all pay-per-view, I watched them then. Now I watch the occasional one on YouTube. I can't honestly say more than 3 or 4 a year make me really want to see them.

A lot of current PPVs are just throw-away and if they're not special, why bother? Like some of them are basically the 3-Hour Raw's but with no commercials and occasionally a title will change hands.

Now the one-a-month formula was proven by the WWF in the 90s and it's probably what made them a billion dollar company, but from this fan's point of view, you have no chance of making me buy 12-13 shows a year, not a chance. I know not many fans will buy every single month, but the WWE want you to. If I'm paying, I want something special, something I won't see on TV. I'm paying for hell in a cell. I'm paying for last man standing. I'm paying for the Rumble, or Survivor Series, or King of the Ring (in the old format, not the watered down one), I'm paying for Mania. I don't have any interest in paying for a standard one on one title match that we know there will be a rematch of next month.

For me personally, half a dozen PPVs with more loaded, meaningful cards would be better than 12 wherein about 8 of them are duds. I want to see the epic conclusion of feuds, not the first in a long line of rematches, but that's just me.

Personally, I'm upset that the WWE pretty much has to rely on their gimmick matches in regards to their pay-per-views in order to get people to buy them. That's just lazy booking there, because it relies mostly on the gimmick to get the fans to watch. TNA did that with one of their PPVs and it wasn't well-recieved. Before, it was all about storytelling and feuds that made people want to spend the money to watch each month.

Gimmick matches are great to watch as long as they are in moderation. If used too much, the match loses its value and enjoyment. Before, you never saw a succession of Hell in the Cell, TLC, Steel Cage or whatever matches in one night. The WWE would always wait weeks, even months, before they pulled off a gimmick match like I mentioned. That way, the match would be special. The Money in the Bank Ladder Match was special (I say was because now there's going to be a PPV reolved around it) because it only happened once a year at WrestleMania and is usually one of the best matches on the card. The same goes with the Elimination Chamber and the Royal Rumble because those matches take place once a year. I mean, when you have a PPV revolved around just Hell in the Cell and TLC, the match loses its value. Besides, since the WWE went PG and no longer allows blood, what's the point in having gimmick matches that are brutal and dangerous?

But as far as a great PPV schedule goes, here's mine:

January
Royal Rumble - It's always been tradition to hold the Royal Rumble in January. Not only that, it begins the road to WrestleMania, setting up a lot of feuds that could take place there.

February
No Way Out - Appropriate name considering it has recently been the only PPV to hold the Elimination Chamber match. While the Royal Rumble gives one superstar a chance to headline their choice of World Championship match at WrestleMania, No Way Out can be the platform for the other brand's superstars to headline their respective World Championship match. But to do so, they have to survive the brutal Elimination Chamber and five other hungry superstars. At the same time, it can further elevate additional feuds. But this wouldn't necessarily be a gimmick or concept PPV as the Elimination Chamber won't be the complete focus.

March
WrestleMania - The granddaddy of them all. Need I say more?

April
Backlash - For me, this PPV always seemed to serve as a platform either to end WrestleMania feuds or continue them. With a name like Backlash, it gives off that feel.

May
Extreme Rules - Now this is one gimmick-theme PPV that I enjoy. To have every match on the card be a falls-count-anywhere, extreme rules, hardcore, street fight, no dq or whatever, that's something I don't mind seeing. Although I thought it sounded better when it was One Night Stand, it doesn't fall into the WWE's PG rating.

June
The Great American Bash - Traditionally, this has always served to kick off the summer. The PPV has also featured a lot of great matches in the past show it can hold up.

July
King of the Ring - Instead of MITB, the WWE should just bring this concept back. Much like MITB, the King of the Ring has always been used to help elevate young stars to the next level. Qualifying matches can take place on RAW and SmackDown, leaving four from each brand to compete in the tournament. They can also bring back the idea of the tournament winner getting a title shot at SummerSlam.

August
SummerSlam - Much like the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and Survivor Series, it's been tradition to hold it at this time of the year. After WrestleMania, it's the biggest ppv of the year as it can either end or further current feuds.

September
Night of Champions - Another concept I enjoy. To have all the championships in the WWE be defended on one night, it makes for great entertainment as there's a strong chance for many champions to be dethroned and new ones to be crowned.

October
Cyber Sunday - Another great concept as it allows the WWE Universe the chance to pick and choose what they want to see. At times, it showed that the WWE listened and decided to go through with it. Examples include having the Miz take on CM Punk for the ECW World Championship when they obviously wanted to have John Morrison voted in and having Evan Bourne taking on Matt Hardy for the same championship.

November
Survivor Series - Another tradition. If it's true that the WWE decided to bring this PPV back after fan protests, then that's awesome! If they can they place emphasis on the original concept again, it can be popular again.

December
Bragging Rights - Another concept that I think works. The ppv can be used to decide which brand is the superior brand at year's end. Much like last year, they can have matches pitting the Women's and Diva's Champions, the United States and Intercontinental Champions and the brand warfare match. Now, the WWE can either have two World Championship matches, a Champion vs. Champion match, or maybe both in one night.

So to recap, this ppv schedule provides a nice balance. Aside from the big four, you have concept ppvs in Extreme Rules, King of the Ring, Night of Champions, Cyber Sunday and Bragging Rights and normal ppvs in No Way Out, Backlash and the Great American Bash.

Royal Rumble: January

This is a tradition that has been going on for the past twenty plus years. No reason to change it.

No Way Out/Elimination Chamber: February

The Elimination Chamber is one of my favorite matches. Yes, the last few hasn't been great because of the PG era, but Blood doesn't make the match.

Wrestlemania: March

Tradition, will not ever be replaced.

Backlash: April

Backlash was the PPV that finished continuing Wrestlemania feuds.

Judgement Day/King of the Ring: June

Another great PPV that got a name change. Either change it back, or bring back King of the Ring. Tournaments are fun to watch, and would love to see this idea return.

Starrcade/The Bash: July

This was WCW's old PPV. Instead of the Bash, they could bring back Starrcade, WCW's Wrestlemania at the time.

Summer Slam: August

Tradition, will not change.

War Games/Night of Champions: September

Bring back the War Games. It is a match many people have been dying to see. And if not that, Night of Champions. Every championship on the line? Lovin' it.

Unforgiven/Hell in a Cell/Extreme Rules: October

Time of the year where blood and guts are tradition in American Culture. Lift the PG rating and let the blood drip.

Bragging Rights: December

To see which brand is the top brand around for another year.

I just want to preface by saying that when making this list I gave a lot of respect to tradition.

January- Royal Rumble (This event has always been held in January and it begins the road to Wrestlemania.

February- No Way Out (I'd have the elimination chamber match take place at this event, but I'd go back to calling it No Way Out, to go back to tradition. Plus the name goes along with the match anyways.)

March- Wrestlemania (Can't mess with tradition)

April- Backlash (This ppv is very aptly named. This ppv deals with all of the backlash from Mania.)

May- Judgment Day (Tradition)

June- The Great American Bash (Like was stated earlier it's a great show to kick off the summer and it has a nice history)

July- Over The Limit (It's the setup for Summerslam)

August- Summer Slam (Tradition)

September- Vengence (the fallout from Summerslam can be settled here)

October- King of the Ring (I'd have the tournament feature only wrestlers who have yet to capture the WWE or HW title and I'd have the winner earn a title shot against the champion of his choosing at Night of Champions)

November- Night of Champions (This is an easy ppv to sell and is a good concept)

November- Survivor Series (Tradition/I'd have them go old school and bring back the whole team concepts aside from maybe the co-main events featuring title matches)

December- Bragging Rights (I like the concept of this ppv and it keeps the champions busy on their roads to Wrestlemania)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back