• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Van Vader Campaign HQ

Are you on the Vader Bandwagon with me?

• I am a part of Vader-Nation!

• I still need convincing, IC25...

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Ok, so since a bunch of posters on the site have taken it upon themselves to start campaign HQ's for Randy Savage (cool) and The Undertaker (meh) and a rumored Big Show HQ (xfear on crack again) I have decided it is high time to create THE difinitive Campaign HQ - for the man who should WIN the WrestleZone Tournament - Big Van Vader.

Let's begin by looking at Vader's path of destruction thus far. Bear in mind, Vader is so dominant, he is about to go to the finals of the TNA Region, where he sepnt maybe two weeks of his career in a far less-than-competitive capacity.

Defeated Barry Windham 41-10
Defeated James Storm 48-1
Defeated Lance Storm 53-5
Defeated Ric Flair 57-20 (House O' Fun Match)
Defeating Steve Austin 46-37 at this moment (Monster's Ball)

The Elite 8 Brackets look like this, with regional seed # in parenthesis:

TNA Region

Big Van Vader (11)
vs
Rob Van Dam (4)

WCW Region

Randy Savage (4)
vs
Triple H (3)

WWE Region

Shawn Michaels (1)
vs
Chris Benoit (2)

ECW Region

The Undertaker (2)
vs
The Big Show (21)

I understand that all of these matches occur in the same night, and that would seem to work AGAINST Vader. Well, I want to let you know - that's not the case.

Vader is a master of making quick work of his opponents. In the first of these three matches, Vader will make quick work out of RVD, whose run to the Elite 8 has been extremely impressive.

VADER FACT - VADER DEBUTED IN NEW JAPAN AGAINST ANTONIO INOKI, AN ABSOLUTE JAPANESE LEGEND. VADER WON THE MATCH CLEANLY IN 3 MINUTES, INCITING A RIOT AT THE SUMO HALL AND CAUSING NJPW TO BE BANNED FROM THERE FOR SOME TIME.

Van Dam is something, but he doesn't stand a chance against Vader. RVD doesn't perform well against large competitors whom he has trouble not being caught by while flying through the air. That is why RVD has such a poor record against Kane, Brock Lesnar, and The Undertaker. Furthermore, RVD gets no weapons and no hardcore environment, which actually saves his career and possibly his life.

Second Round, Vader gets either HHH or Randy Savage, who will be finishing up a greuling, tight match-up. I don't see a match-up featuring Savage and HHH in their primes lasting less than 25 minutes, no matter who picks up the win. As I will be voting Savage, let's say Savage wins.

People will bring up Randy's impressive run at Wrestlemania 4 in the WWF Title Tournament as reason why he holds on against Vader.

VADER FACT - THE BIG MAN WON HIS FIRST OF THREE IWGP WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIPS BY WINNING A ONE-NIGHT, 8-MAN, SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT ON APRIL 24TH, 1989.

In that one night, Vader defeated Japanese Legend Masahiro Chono in 5:52, another legend in Tatsumi Fujinami in 14:37, and ended by defeating Shinya Hashimoto in 9:47. The first two matches he won with a flying body press, and the last match with an inside cradle. Man can wrestle, brawl, AND fly.

Savage, on the other hand, wn 4 matches at Wrestlemania 4: defeated Butch Reed in 5:07, Greg Valentine in 6:06, One Man Gang in 4:05, and Ted DiBiase in 9:27 following a Hulk Hogan chair shot to DiBiase.

So don't give me the "Savage wrestled four times in one night. Look at the two performances. Savage wrestled a total of 24:45 and needed Hulk Hogan to hit Ted DiBiase with a chair. Big Van Vader wrestled 30:16 and required no outside interference. VADER WRESTLED 5:31 LONGER THAN SAVAGE DID!

Vader over Savage in around 15 minutes.

The finals look to be either Shawn Michaels or The Undertaker. My guess is, Taker wins over Michaels due to the growing anti-HBK sentiment I see forming in the tournament. As a result, I see a classic feud that never really was in Big Van Vader vs The Undertaker in the finals.

Who knew?

I think it's a crime that Austin/Vader is closer than Angle/RVD. Well, it's a crime that RVD is even beating Angle but that's a different story.

If I weren't backing Vader to kick the shit out of that stoned little fucker already, I would be now.

Vader gets my vote over RVD easily, and over Triple H, but you'll have to convince me on Savage though. Savage is starting to look like a real good pick, one that Jake said was going to win since the beginning.

Hbk took out the Undertaker last year in teh semi-finals, and one pretty easily too. The HBK fan base is strong and in their eyes, can do nothing wrong.

But, like I believe Xfear said, the anti-HBK sentiment has grown to encompass many of the big hitting members. Not that people pay attention. Sigh...

theres a misused talent post you can convince people vader deserves votes on IC25. i've planted the seeds for you to convert.

You know as much as i love vader, because he really was one of the most entertaining things back in the day. I dont know if i can give my support to someone that always had the feel of a jobber to high card wrestlers in wwe. I mean yes he was great in all other places, but truly would me voting for him actually prove he deserves it over someone like savage whos a world wide name, and really does deserve a nice victory on these forums

he was a jobber in wwf because vince didn't make him famous and wasn't a young guy. vince hardly ever pushes people he cant claim he made that way - RVD, booker, benoit and eddie guerrero are prime examples of that, while he made hhh, cena, hogan and lesnar and pushed them as best he could

But i ask you this does vader truly deserve it more then some of these other people. I mean he did get his shot everywhere, and managed to make an impact. But savage is one of the Mega Stars, everywhere hes gone he was met with success. When the time comes I dont know who i shall vote for, but rest assured Vader will always be someone i remember because of his contributions

thats because vince pushed him to be a big name in wwf. he goes to wcw, it's cashed in on and he's pushed. same anywhere he goes.

sports analogy - michael jordan made it big at the bulls. when the wizards signed him, do you really think they wouldnt have pushed him to the front, flauntd it and said we have MJ. when you make it big at a big company, pushes at the smaller ones are guaranteed

Well polly I must admit You are correct, The Best kind of correct. And since I do own a vader time watch i feel still somewhat obligated to vote for him, so i shall join Vaders Bandwagon. And hopefully by the end of this tournament it truly will be VADER TIME!!!

Always like to say that XD

Vader can win this tournament, he might just be the most agile and dynamic big man to ever grace a wrestling ring, look at when people say when they saw their name next to vader's they literally quit the business, that's how good the man was. Also I would have liked to have seen a bam bam bigelow vs vader match that would've been cool

What he said. I'm now 100% Vader, making my eventual betrayal all the more effective.

Wait, what?

Thrilled to have you, Mr. Sam. As promised, take your rightful place with Polley and I, and all of the new members of the campaign. These enlightened souls will help spread the word - It's Time. It's Time.

IT'S VADER TIME!

Vader can win this tournament, he might just be the most agile and dynamic big man to ever grace a wrestling ring, look at when people say when they saw their name next to vader's they literally quit the business, that's how good the man was. Also I would have liked to have seen a bam bam bigelow vs vader match that would've been cool

Great Murphy, my good man, first allow me to welcome you to the Vader Campaign HQ. Make yourself comfortable.

When I return home from work, I will give you exactly what you've asked for - Vader vs Bigelow. I am a man who makes sure Vader fans get what they need. It will be posted in this thread.

VADER FANS - PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE "ELITE 8 PREVIEW" THREAD IN THE TOURNAMENT ROOM AND VOTE FOR VADER AS WE BEGIN TO ASSESS WHO THE TRUE TOP COMPETITION WILL BE!

Shawn Michaels appears to be the initial competition, but Undertaker will be the real hump to conquer. The SHW favouritism you've had everyone develop stretches to the already very popular deadman.

Don't know how I'd sabotage this. I'd probably only get half way through the sentence of "Ha, I betrayed you" before IC e-bitch slapped me. Besides, Colamania runs the Undertaker campaign, that's our biggest advantage.

My paranoid half says sam's a trojan horse sent into destroy us.
the other half trusts him and says welcome

I absolutely trust Mr. Sam. He's no trojan horse. He's been loyal to me for months and I to him. He's also fair, and won't blindly follow - he has his reasons for being here and I respect them.

Choosing Vader over 'Taker was a very hard choice. In terms of personal preference, 'Taker would have gone over Vader. The same could have been said for Austin, however, and I've got to stick to my guns. Poor Kurt Angle... as soon as someone mentions "tall object" and "Rob Van Dam" in the same sentence, he's out on his ass.

hey irish you seem to know your vader stuff, can you direct me into any hardcore matches involving him, with some holy shit moments involved

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back