• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Big Van Vader Concession Speech

If you don't think Vader has ever had a good match in America, you're a fucking moron.

Nice flame bait there junior.

Let's see here.

LOL.

Vader vs. Cactus Jack...any of their matches.

All were sloppy and boring.

Vader vs. Sting...any of their matches.

Boring. Vader is a slob. Sting, a legend, couldn't make him look good.

Vader vs. Ric Flair...any of their matches.

Never seen one but seriously, 2 mediocre wrestlers prime or not? Why would I watch that shit.
Vader vs. HBK @ Summerslam 1996

Average. Not good. Just average.

That's off the top of my head.

Try harder. Obviously I'm a fucking moron.

It's sad and pathetic that you remain totally unable to give credit where credit is due to a guy like Vader.

What credit is due? He's a fucking nobody,

Savage had to mount the impossible comeback to win against the big man, and the fact that he did it and that Savage won is either a) a testament to Savage, or b) a testament to Jonny-come-lately smarks who saw "Savage" and hit a button.

No, this tournament is completely flawed and the outcomes are laughable.

avage's win had so little to do with you, or Yoko Romo that it is laughable. You'd lose a debate to a deaf mute.

:lmao:

Explain to my why a fucking fat peice of shit no name superheavyweight should go over the greatest pro wrestler outside of Hulk Hogan? I don't give a goddamn what kind of match, like I said, Austin goes over that sloppy slob everytime. Plus, look at these fluke *****es Vader had to face, both Storms, you kidding me? Very challenging alright...:rolleyes: He runs into a legend like Savage and is owned. Get over it.

Your a deaf mute? Because your taste for wresting and your god awful arguments praising superheavyweights is.....ya' know.

Anyway, I will continue to carry the flag of the Superheavyweight to ensure men like Vader get the credit they deserve, which so many board posters afforded Leon White this year. Now stop whining about the lack of attention being paid to you or to Savage's win and move on yourselves.

I could give a shit about a flawed tournament. But Rock and Austin losing to RVD and Vader is blasphemous and Hogan, who the fuck did he lose too?

No they weren't.

No. Just no.

Never seen one but seriously, 2 mediocre wrestlers prime or not? Why would I watch that shit.

Because it's good?

Haven't actually seen those. I should.

What credit is due? He's a fucking nobody,

He's not. Even before this tournament I remembered Vader, and I wasn't even aware of half his accomplishments. In fifteen years time, Batista and Randy Orton will probably be "nobodies." Batista definitely will. Not a good comparison...

No, this tournament is completely flawed and the outcomes are laughable.

RVD beating Rock and Angle because he has stuff to take bumps from? Laughable. Vader beating Austin in a Monster's Ball? Completely plausible.

Explain to my why a fucking fat peice of shit no name superheavyweight should go over the greatest pro wrestler outside of Hulk Hogan? I don't give a goddamn what kind of match, like I said, Austin goes over that sloppy slob everytime. Plus, look at these fluke *****es Vader had to face, both Storms, you kidding me? Very challenging alright...:rolleyes: He runs into a legend like Savage and is owned. Get over it.

1) His name is Big Van Vader. Remember it.
2) It was a hardcore match-up suited particularly for "monsters". It was pretty much for Vader. This is coming from someone who prefers Austin.
3) If you don't care about the stipulations, debate it somewhere outside of the tournament.
4) He lost to Savage by 48/52, pretty much the closest you can get without it actually being a draw.

Your a deaf mute? Because your taste for wresting and your god awful arguments praising superheavyweights is.....ya' know.

Don't get it.

I could give a shit about a flawed tournament. But Rock and Austin losing to RVD and Vader is blasphemous and Hogan, who the fuck did he lose too?

Triple H. And God help me if I see another one of these: :lmao:

No they weren't.

Yes they were.

No. Just no.

Yes, of course.

Because it's good?

No because Vader sucks and Flair is overrated.

Wow.

He's not. Even before this tournament I remembered Vader, and I wasn't even aware of half his accomplishments.

You weren't aware because they aren't memorable. Vader isn't well known but yet IC25 wants to claim he's the greatest SHW of all time. Andre on the other hand was a monster draw, and had many memorable accomplishments. Vader is just a sloppy hack that the majority doesnt remember.

In fifteen years time, Batista and Randy Orton will probably be "nobodies." Batista definitely will. Not a good comparison...

ROFL.

Batista is loved by millions of WWE's fanbase. Do you know what that fanbase consists of? Kids? Ya' know those same people that will be watching for years to come. Orton is still very young, in 10 years time he'll probably have multiple titles reigns and a damn good career to back it up.

Not a good logic.

RVD beating Rock and Angle because he has stuff to take bumps from? Laughable.

Yeah, that's what makes RVD so shit. He's a spot monkey. Rock still wins that match though. No matter what.

Vader beating Austin in a Monster's Ball? Completely plausible.

Another thing is. What the fuck is up with the pointless match stipulations? That's how hacks like Vader make a run, plus add to the fact he faced fucking James and Lance Storm.

Monster's ball or not. Austin still goes over because he's Steve Austin.

1) His name is Big Van Vader. Remember it.

Nobody else does besides nerdy smarks. Why should I?

2) It was a hardcore match-up suited particularly for "monsters". It was pretty much for Vader. This is coming from someone who prefers Austin.

Which is lame. Lose these meaningless stipulations. I'll pitch that forward to Shocky as well.

Hardcore match? Austin's been in plenty and he's Austin. He wins.

3) If you don't care about the stipulations, debate it somewhere outside of the tournament.

No.

4) He lost to Savage by 48/52, pretty much the closest you can get without it actually being a draw.

Who cares? Savage is obviously the better choice. IC25 needs to get quit crying his river and start building his bridge to get over it.

Don't get it.

Atrocious and idiotic.

Triple H. And God help me if I see another one of these: :lmao:

Triple H over Hogan? ROFLCOPTER.

Yes they were.

No they weren't.

Yes, of course.

No. Just no.

No because Vader sucks and Flair is overrated.

Because it's good?

You weren't aware because they aren't memorable. Vader isn't well known but yet IC25 wants to claim he's the greatest SHW of all time. Andre on the other hand was a monster draw, and had many memorable accomplishments. Vader is just a sloppy hack that the majority doesnt remember.

Legacies in WCW have been hugely cut down thanks to the acquisition by the WWE. Vader having left his legacy mainly outside of the WWE and abroad, was not largely notable to me as a primarily WWE-watching, ho-slappin', beer-drinkin'... consumer.

ROFL.

Batista is loved by millions of WWE's fanbase. Do you know what that fanbase consists of? Kids? Ya' know those same people that will be watching for years to come. Orton is still very young, in 10 years time he'll probably have multiple titles reigns and a damn good career to back it up.

Like I said, it wasn't a good comparison. I'm sure others will find better ones.

Not a good logic.

Why are you typing with an Italian accent?

Yeah, that's what makes RVD so shit. He's a spot monkey. Rock still wins that match though. No matter what.

Agreed.

Another thing is. What the fuck is up with the pointless match stipulations? That's how hacks like Vader make a run, plus add to the fact he faced fucking James and Lance Storm.

It's to make the tournament less predictable. Otherwise it's just really, really predictable who goes through.

Monster's ball or not. Austin still goes over because he's Steve Austin.

Let me try! Let me try! "Why should Kurt Angle win the tournament?" "Erm, because... he's Kurt Angle." Why did I not think of that bulletproof argument?

Nobody else does besides nerdy smarks. Why should I?

Beef.

Which is lame. Lose these meaningless stipulations. I'll pitch that forward to Shocky as well.

I already explained the meaning of them. It's already been pitched to Shocky, too. We decided to leave it.

Hardcore match? Austin's been in plenty and he's Austin. He wins.

Vader's been in more. He, too, is Austin. Wait, what?

Yes.

Who cares? Savage is obviously the better choice. IC25 needs to get quit crying his river and start building his bridge to get over it.

What Happened said:
IrishCanadian25 said:
First off, I want to thank every single poster for supporting Big Van Vader through this tournament.
Yoko Romo said:
Why? It was completely bogus to vote Vader over the 2nd greatest professional wrestler to date and over Savage? A wrestling god?

He thanked people for supporting Vader and you jumped on him randomly. You're the one "crying a river". We've proven how worthy Vader is by bringing him to the semi-finals, easily the most notable accomplishment of this entire tournament. In fact, IC should take pretty much all the credit.

Atrocious and idiotic.

Still don't get it.

Triple H over Hogan? ROFLCOPTER.

This is a No Fly zone.

May God help you.

He thanked people for supporting Vader and you jumped on him randomly

In other threads he's constantly taking shots at Justin and me for being "Jonny come latelys".

You're the one "crying a river"

How? I'm ecstatic Vader is eliminated. I'm just bashing the idiotic statements that people say Vader was worth a shit when he really wasn't good at all.

We've proven how worthy Vader is by bringing him to the semi-finals,

Vader isn't worthy of anything. What has he done memorable? Nothing.

easily the most notable accomplishment of this entire tournament.

Err....Undertaker is going to win this thing by a landslide. That's easily the most notable accomplishment when it happens here this week.

In fact, IC should take pretty much all the credit.

Not really. He hasn't changed my opinion at all.

Nice flame bait there junior.

Not so much bait. It was pretty much just a general flame directed at anyone who would call themselves an intelligent wrestling fan, and then argue that Vader sucks. It's moronic.

How were they sloppy or boring? They weren't. You just can't come up with any evidence to support your ridiculiously flawed opinion that Vader has never had a good match in the USA.

Those matches were cutting-edge, and were some of the most exciting matches available in wrestling. Nobody wrestled like that on national TV, nobody. But when Vader & Cactus Jack did, it went over hardcore with the fans and started the Mick Foley legend.

Sloppy? This coming from Mr. Kennedy's biggest fan? ROFL

It's your opinion that they're sloppy and boring; too bad 99% of wrestling fans wouldn't agree with you.

How is Vader a slob? Because he's overweight? Vader has more agility in a wrestling ring then someone half of his size. The man is 400+ and can still do moves off the top rope. Sounds like a real slob there.

Sting was not a legend when this match happened. Fuck, Vader was more of a legend at that point then Sting was. The Vader-Sting feud pretty much solidified Sting's spot in the main event. You can give thanks to Vader for that.

And they were great matches. Again, 99% of wrestling fans would disagree with your (ridiculious) opinion. I'm sure now you're going to tell me that Hulk Hogan wasn't a draw, that Stone Cold has never had a beer, and that anyone who wrestles and isn't an American sucks. Because thats about as much sense as you're making, calling matches that are revered by almost all wrestling fans as being classics shit, and giving no other explanation then "I don't like Vader".

Ric Flair? Mediocre? Now that's just hilarious. Ric Flair is a fucking god of wrestling, half of the WWE & TNA locker rooms would be empty if it wasn't for this man. For anyone to even suggest that Ric Flair is mediocre is absolutely 100% fucking gut-busting hilarious. Next you're going to tell me that Jeff Hardy is the greatest wrestler to ever live.

Two legends of wrestling, both just coming out of their primes, why wouldn't you want to see that if you enjoyed wrestling? Maybe you don't. Some of us do. And the fact that you haven't even seen the matches, yet dismiss them as garbage simply because you don't like Vader, is again, fucking laughable.

Average? That was a good match. Not a classic, but certainly a match worthy of being called a good match.

Apparently.

What credit is due? He's a fucking nobody.

A nobody? Are you kidding me? Former heavyweight champion of three different continents? The man who beat every legend he got his hands on? The one who ended Antonio Inoki's (the most popular wrestler of all time aside from Hogan) winning streak and caused a mass riot which resulted in wrestling being banned from the Sumo Hall? The same guy who came down to the ring with Harley fucking Race?

Yeah, what a nobody. If Vader is a nobody, then Bruno Sammartino was a fuckin' jobber.

See, this is what I find hilarious. You have absolutely no argument whatsoever as to why Vader is a bad wrestler. All you do is call him fat. I forgot that fat people are evil and unable to accomplish anything. Silly me.

It's funny too because I voted for Savage, because I believe he is a better wrestler then Vader. But it's quite arguable that Savage is the greatest wrestler outside of Hogan. We all know that spot belongs to Stone Cold.

And I would hardly say Vader was owned. Infact thats just idiotic to say, because Vader was in the lead for 90% of the way through, then lost by all of maybe 4 votes. If you call that "getting owned", I can't even imagine what you'd call a 50-1 vote margin.

Sorry, but once again, if you think Vader sucks---well you're just being an arrogant douchebag. Because I'd hardly call one of the legends of wrestling and a man who dominated professional wrestling in every country he went to for almost a decade a nobody; apparently you would.

In other threads he's constantly taking shots at Justin and me for being "Jonny come latelys".

I see your point. However, he has far more valid points. You and Justin have yet to give me a compelling argument not to like Vader, whereas IC25 has listed dozens of reasons why is should like Vader. And I do.

How? I'm ecstatic Vader is eliminated. I'm just bashing the idiotic statements that people say Vader was worth a shit when he really wasn't good at all.

So in other you're whining because Vader is being appreciated for the amount of work he's put into a legacy that you just can't appreciate.

Vader isn't worthy of anything. What has he done memorable? Nothing.

Xfear, I need some help here. Do you mind?

xfear said:
Former heavyweight champion of three different continents? The man who beat every legend he got his hands on? The one who ended Antonio Inoki's (the most popular wrestler of all time aside from Hogan) winning streak and caused a mass riot which resulted in wrestling being banned from the Sumo Hall? The same guy who came down to the ring with Harley fucking Race?

Err....Undertaker is going to win this thing by a landslide. That's easily the most notable accomplishment when it happens here this week.

Tell Jake that. A number 11 seed who, in your own words, is a fairly obscure wrestler to the sorts of people on WrestleZone, myself included, made it to the final four and barely lost out to one of the true greats of the business? That's a more notable achievement than getting Undertaker past Shawn Michaels, or him even winning this thing. People on this board are so familiar with Undertaker, his achievements, his body of work, taking him that bit further is just not nearly as impressive.

Not really. He hasn't changed my opinion at all.

That's because your opinion is set in stone and you hate it when other people change theirs. I don't think I've ever seen you slightly alter your opinion on anything once. I'd call IC25 the new messiah if he were to perform such miracles as change your opinion.

I see your point. However, he has far more valid points. You and Justin have yet to give me a compelling argument not to like Vader

I don't like Vader cause his matches and character aren't entertaining to me, is that a good enough reason for ya

whereas IC25 has listed dozens of reasons why is should like Vader. And I do.

So I should like the guy cause you and IC25 say I should?

I don't like Vader cause his matches and character aren't entertaining to me, is that a good enough reason for ya

Yes. Not a compelling reason to vote against him, however.

So I should like the guy cause you and IC25 say I should?

That reply contradicts what I said in the quote completely. We, or rather the Irish Canadian bloke has supplied you with plenty of good, old fashioned reasons to like Vader, or at least respect how good the guy is enough to vote for him. For me, Stone Cold Steve Austin is a much, much better wrestler than Vader, but I begrudgingly gave the guy the respect I felt he deserved thanks to IC25's arguments, historical titbits and the videos he even supplied to back them up.

It's really only a matter of opinion. Xfear doesn't understand when someone is just "busting his balls" for my amusement.

Like I said though, You can't change someones taste in what they like. I see nothing memorable about Vader's accomplishments, I as well as others didn't even know he had so many, so how are they memorable?

As for the reasons, meh, IC25 has gave great reasons but Vader doesn't appeal to me and never will.

And this comment is fucking hilarious...

Again, 99% of wrestling fans would disagree with your (ridiculious) opinion.

Someone's been on the IWC too much. You do realize there is a whole 3 million fans besides you and WZ right Xfear?

It's really only a matter of opinion. Xfear doesn't understand when someone is just "busting his balls" for my amusement.

Maybe because you're absolutely terrible at attempting to be funny and/or sarcastic? Perhaps that could be it? How am I supposed to know when you're supposed to be "being funny" when you post exactly the same as you always do, including serious conversations?

Like I said though, You can't change someones taste in what they like. I see nothing memorable about Vader's accomplishments, I as well as others didn't even know he had so many, so how are they memorable?

And I bet that someone who had never heard of the American Revolution wouldn't think that the Boston Massacre was memorable. But it was.

Just like Vader's accomplishments were memorable---the fact alone that he beat Antonio Inoki, who has lost all of maybe 3 times in his entire career, is memorable. The fact that he is a former heavyweight champion of three different continents is memorable. Maybe you don't think they're memorable; but they are. Would you like to argue on whether or not the Iraq war was memorable or not? I don't think it is, so clearly it isn't, right? Thats how these things work, correct?

As for the reasons, meh, IC25 has gave great reasons but Vader doesn't appeal to me and never will.

Thats fine. But are you really so petty as to have to insult someone you have never met, nor probably ever will, simply because someone you're having an argument likes him? Why not start saying that it's your OPINION that Vader sucks, and not stone-cold fact like you make it out to be.

And this comment is fucking hilarious...

Someone's been on the IWC too much. You do realize there is a whole 3 million fans besides you and WZ right Xfear?

What's hilarious about it? The fact that I'm right? The fact that 99% of all wrestling fans who have seen those matches like them? It's not like I'm talking about lucha libre or Japanese wrestling here, I'm talking main events of the second biggest company in wrestling history. Go take a poll if you'd like to prove my point further.

Yes. Not a compelling reason to vote against him, however.

Umm...he already lost, so why would I be trying to come up with a compelling argument to vote against him?:headscratch:

That reply contradicts what I said in the quote completely. We, or rather the Irish Canadian bloke has supplied you with plenty of good, old fashioned reasons to like Vader, or at least respect how good the guy is enough to vote for him. For me, Stone Cold Steve Austin is a much, much better wrestler than Vader, but I begrudgingly gave the guy the respect I felt he deserved thanks to IC25's arguments, historical titbits and the videos he even supplied to back them up.

Ummm Austin should have beaten Vader first off, remember Austin was the same guy who almost ran a bloodied Rikishi down with his truck, and is also the guy who a month later lifted a car with Trips in up about 20 feet or so and dropped it, then jumped out of the forklift and walked away like it was nothing, Austin would have been perfectly capable of taking out Vader in a glorified No DQ match, but it really doesn't matter anymore cause that match has already happened it is in the past and we can't change it now, so there is no need to try and put up and argument to prove Vader is better and should move on, I could honestly care less if you voted for Vader cause you bought into IC25 argument, I, along with the majority voted for Savage cause we felt he was the better choice, just accept it already and move on Vader has been eliminated and there is no reason to try and prove how "great" he supposedly is anymore, move the fuck on already

See. Typical Xfear taking things way out of line. Let's skip past all the mindless baiting to something else shall we.

What's hilarious about it? The fact that I'm right? The fact that 99% of all wrestling fans who have seen those matches like them? It's not like I'm talking about lucha libre or Japanese wrestling here, I'm talking main events of the second biggest company in wrestling history. Go take a poll if you'd like to prove my point further.

How are you right? Your pitching forth an idea on a fucking IWC message board? There is a whole other fanbase, Seriously and they are main events from a downtime in WCW if I'm correct.

ROFL.

See. Typical Xfear taking things way out of line. Let's skip past all the mindless baiting to something else shall we.

Where did I take things out of line any further then you have? You're hardly one to criticize someone else for "mindless baiting". Pot calling the kettle black if I've ever seen it.

How are you right? Your pitching forth an idea on a fucking IWC message board? There is a whole other fanbase, Seriously and they are main events from a downtime in WCW if I'm correct.

ROFL.

How am I right? Because the majority of fans feel that way. Do you want me to go take a fucking head count? How do you know that Hulk Hogan was memorable? How do you know that fans enjoyed Hulk Hogan's matches? Because of the reaction at the time and the reaction to it since time has passed. Or do you also require a poll to determine whether or not Hulk Hogan was a popular wrestler as well?

Those are among the most highly-regarded matches in wrestling history. Your average fan doesn't know anything about the Ric Flair-Harley Race feud, does that mean that those matches too were unmemorable and aren't regarded highly?

Please. Your logic stuns me.

Umm...he already lost, so why would I be trying to come up with a compelling argument to vote against him?:headscratch:

I dunno, I thought we were talking about this within the context of the tournament.

Ummm Austin should have beaten Vader first off, remember Austin was the same guy who almost ran a bloodied Rikishi down with his truck, and is also the guy who a month later lifted a car with Trips in up about 20 feet or so and dropped it, then jumped out of the forklift and walked away like it was nothing, Austin would have been perfectly capable of taking out Vader in a glorified No DQ match, but it really doesn't matter anymore cause that match has already happened it is in the past and we can't change it now, so there is no need to try and put up and argument to prove Vader is better and should move on, I could honestly care less if you voted for Vader cause you bought into IC25 argument, I, along with the majority voted for Savage cause we felt he was the better choice, just accept it already and move on Vader has been eliminated and there is no reason to try and prove how "great" he supposedly is anymore, move the fuck on already

I demand full stops! And how would Austin get Vader into a car? Don;t you think it'd be a bit extreme to try and run him down for the sake of the tournament?

And why do you think we haven't accepted Vader losing to Savage? I've mentioned him maybe once and that's because Wes brought it up. The entire point of this thread was to thank people for voting Vader and celebrate how far he made it, you and Justin tried to turn it into something else and are now claiming things for which there are no evidence. I'm perfectly fine with Vader going out to Savage, thanks very much. I'm not going out of my freakin' mind like you seem to be suggesting.

How am I right?

Your not.

Because the majority of fans feel that way

Can you prove this statement?

Take a poll on them and not a message board, it would probably prove it.

Most people gave forgotten about Vader and his matches.

Do you want me to go take a fucking head count?

That would be the only way to back up your statement.

How do you know that Hulk Hogan was memorable?

He is wrestling's greatest draw and lead one wrestling boom, and played a major role in another.

Hulk Hogan is Professional Wrestling.

How do you know that fans enjoyed Hulk Hogan's matches?

Obviously he was doing something right by drawing millions of fans.

Or do you also require a poll to determine whether or not Hulk Hogan was a popular wrestler as well?

No poll. The proof is there with the ratings and everything business wise. Hulk is the greatest draw in history.

Those are among the most highly-regarded matches in wrestling history.

They are never mentioned, plus they were in an era where WCW wasn't on fire.

Please. Your logic stuns me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back