Why Big Van Vader beats Randy Savage

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
VOTE BIG VAN VADER OVER RANDY SAVAGE!!!

We are now entering the Final Four, and in a highly anticipated match up,
11th seeded TNA Region Champion Big Van Vader faces 4th seeded WCW Region Champion Randy Savage. Thus far, we have seen Vader take out Barry Windham, James Storm, Lance Storm, Ric Flair, Steve Austin, and Rob Van Dam. Savage has defeated Gory Gurrero, Antonio Inoki, Jeff Hardy, Jushin Liger, Kane, and Triple H. Now it's down to these men, and yes, Vader should win.

Reason #1 - Vader is fresher than Savage. Now I admit more fool voted for RVD than I expected, and the Savage vs HHH match wasn't as close in the voting as I expected . But Vader came away with 83% of the vote in his match, and likely just tore right through RVD. None of RVD's high flying moves would do any major lingering damage to the big man. Savage took 71% of his match with a very strong HHH. Vader has the edge in freshness.

Reason #2 - Vader comes out on top more than Savage does. I have stated many times before tha Randy Savage is the greatst feud participant of all time. It is important to mention, however, that he LOST many of those feuds. He lost to Ricky Steamboat, he lost to Hulk Hogan, he lost to Ultimate Warrior, he beat Jake Roberts, he eventually lost to Ric Flair (succumbing to the figure four) in both WWF and WCW, and lost to Hogan again in WCW. Vader defeated Cactus Jack IN a Hardcore feud, split with Sting, defeated Bam Bam Bigelow (before going on a tagteam massacre with him) and any number of others in Japan.

Reason #3 - Vader has just as much tournament experience as Savage, only against better opponents. I have posted this fact before - Vader won his first IWGP Title (The Japanese equivalent of the World Heavyweight Title) by defeating Japanese Legend Masahiro Chono in 5:52, another legend in Tatsumi Fujinami in 14:37, and ended by defeating Shinya Hashimoto in 9:47. Savage beat Butch Reed in 5:07, Greg Valentine in 6:06, One Man Gang in 4:05, and Ted DiBiase in 9:27 following a Hulk Hogan chair shot to DiBiase. The resumes of Vader's victims is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than the likes Reed, Valentine (past his prime at the time), One Man Gang, and even DiBiase, whom Savage needed outside interference to beat. Vader has not only won these types of tournament style matches before, but he has dominated. All three men he beat were slimmer and looks like they'd be in better shape, but a 450-lb man won't get winded as quickly tossing around a 260-lb man like Savage, but Savage trying to move Vader certainly will.

Vader vs Chono, Round 1

[youtube]COxq5KfUU1c[/youtube]

Vader vs Fujinami, Round 2

[youtube]miHw9Y97TXg[/youtube]

Vader vs Hashimoto, Finals

[youtube]nt5Esq2Ehyw[/youtube]

It was NEVER in doubt.

For those who do not know,Vader debuted in Japanese professional wrestling by defeating Antonio Inoki in just over tree minutes:

[youtube]uSI5aQIHFQo&feature=related[/youtube]

And in an odd change of ace, I'd like all of you to get to know the softer side of this monster - how well spoken and classy he can be. Here is a video of an interview done with Vader and his son. I want you all to see this video, because with all of Savage's bullshit behind the scenes, Vader is an intense and dangerous man who also knows how to turn it off when he goes home.

[youtube]6lCOUTDkKsQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Greatest Superheavyweight of ALL TIME. Vader in 24 minutes.

You have achieved my vote. I thought it would be because of Savage being wore down, but the votes didn't go that way. The wins over the Japenese wrestlers especially Anitono is the knock for me

This was one I didn't know who to pick; I didn't really have a huge difference in opinion either way. But you've convinced me that it's Vader that should go forward not Savage. Some of these matches you posted are really good, and made me rememeber what a good superstar he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back