• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Van Vader deserves the Hall too.

Ya, Vader at the end of his WCW career had Hulkamania overshadowing him and the whole company. It was time to try something new, and it ended up being a mistake in the end.

He left WCW cos the Hogan era had begun and he was frozen out. WCW didn't fold for a long time - Vader was out of the picture long before that in 1998.

Vader was fired due to a physical altercation with Paul Orndorff. Vader had recently turned face against the Horsemen and was primed to be Hogan's partner vs the Dungeon of Doom. Of course all that went out the window once Vader was fired.

Vader was fired due to a physical altercation with Paul Orndorff. Vader had recently turned face against the Horsemen and was primed to be Hogan's partner vs the Dungeon of Doom. Of course all that went out the window once Vader was fired.

Yeah, Bischoff & WCW were going to suspend him for 6 months, possible without pay due to the Orndorff incident, Vader needed surgery on some injuries he had been working through and told WCW to stick it.

Koko B Ware is a guy that got over in a CWA territory where black workers weren't exactly popular to the crowds. Thunderbolt Patterson shares good stories about the CWA crowds if you ever see him at the old NWA conventions. A lot of people didn't "change" with the times like the professional wrestling business was at the time. The fact he had a successful run is worth applauding.

I would say that's could be a measure WWE could take to justify why Koko was put in the HOF. I never saw anything special about his tenure as WWE as being nothing more than glorified enhancement talent. But the argument that deserving workers should've went in is asinine. I would've never put Lita or Trish Stratus in considering their runs in Professional wrestling stretched roughly a decade when there are guys that worked 2 decades longer than deserve it more.

I agree! These marks have to got to relax! The "Hall of Fame" is more or less a celebration of a man or woman's career in the wrestling business. It's not like the baseball Hall of Fame or even the football or basketball Halls of Fame. It's giving these guys who slaved up and down the road and sacrificed their personal well being and their families for our entertainment! I don't understand how ANYONE can begrudge someone who "paid their dues" in full who gets one last spot in the limelight!

Remember it's guys like Koko B. Ware who's backs this business was built on! He is deserving in the highest degree!

Vader needs to get in the hall of fame, His WWF run wasn't the best part of his career but in WCW excluding Hogan feud and Japan he was great and such a believable dominant monster character that he had, If not this year I would say he's sure to get in at some point in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back