• Hiroshi Tanahashi

• Shinsuke Nakamura

• Kurt Angle

• The Undertaker

• Other - Please Post

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am refraining from using the "Other" option this year in any category, altough I have to say that I think Austin Aries tops the Best of the Year list.

Anyway, the list of options are solid but CM Punk gets my vote. He held a slew of titles and has returned to his happy place as a heel. His is cutting the best promos and he plays the heel as good as anyone else. Punk is simply fantastic.

Rey Mysterio, he's the only wrestler to put in great performance after great performance.

One of the better men in the Rumble, stole the Elimination Chamber match with Edge, great Jericho feud, got good matches out of an average performer like Dolph Ziggler, put Morrison over strong in a good match. That's not including all the good TV matches he's had.

Jericho has had a terrible year. The way people talk you'd think he'd done more than have one good feud with Rey.

Jeff Hardy might've got the award if he'd stayed around for longer.

Rey Mysterio, he's the only wrestler to put in great performance after great performance.

One of the better men in the Rumble, stole the Elimination Chamber match with Edge, great Jericho feud, got good matches out of an average performer like Dolph Ziggler, put Morrison over strong in a good match. That's not including all the good TV matches he's had.

Jericho has had a terrible year. The way people talk you'd think he'd done more than have one good feud with Rey.

Jeff Hardy might've got the award if he'd stayed around for longer.

I'm glad somebody agrees with me about Mysterio. He had the most improvement from a horrible 2008. To having bad matches with Kane to having great matches with Jericho did wonders for him. His matches with Batista weren't that bad either. Jericho's 2008 was better than his 2009 but just barely.

I'll have to go with AJ here. This is the year that I became a fan of him because he just doens't have a boring match. He faced an 100 pounds overweight Shane Douglas for some reason on iMPACT. You'd think that match would suck, but it was actually quite good, for a Douglas match I mean.

A few months later, another great night for AJ. It was in the midst of some tourney to get into a multi man title match. Not sure which one, I think it was after he was going to retire. Anyway, he has 2 matches that night, 1 against Shelley and 1 against Doug Williams. Both of them were fantastic, despite the fact that Shelley and Williams are mostly mediocre.

There are countless other matches this year, including the one with Angle on iMPACT, a pretty decent match with Sting at BFG, and the awesome 3 way with Joe and Daniels.

Punk was probably 2nd on my list followed by Hardy. The rest of the people on the list have been average or worse this year.

Rey Mysterio has been excellent all year. Absolutely briliant and consistent, bringing out the best in everyone. However, his suspension kind of killed his momentum a bit, so I'm reluctant to vote for him. Instead I've gone with someone that has really grabbed his career by the horns this year in CM Punk. He's gone from bland to brilliant and is more than deserving of the win. Mysterio is a close second.

My vote went to Randy Orton.

During his main event run and when he wasn't he put over three young upcoming superstars. He is believable in everything that he does and never fails to disappoint. I believe it is clear cut over Jericho and CM Punk.

I agree with the consensus so far - AJ Styles is TNA's best.

Have to go with Jericho here. The guys just awesome in and out of the ring. He’s built the tag team division to be somewhat relevant again. He’s had some great feuds with Mysterio too. I just can’t help but think of Y2J when I think of 2009 in wrestling. He’s an unreal superstar and deserves this award.

I have been a fan of randy orton from the first time I saw him, Randy has grown to a no bullshit very serious character who can always make me believe him to be a real asshole who cares only about getting what he wants. I think the addition of Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes has shown that not only can Orton work great matches this year has shown that he can also be used to help build younger talent, thats why I voted for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back