CM Punk: WHC
Chris Jericho/Big Show: UTT
Jeff Hardy: WHC
AJ Styles: TNA World
Rey Mysterio: IC
Kurt Angle: TNA World
Chris Jericho: IC

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

Two, maybe three of these options were in the running for me. I will take JeriShow off, because even though they have made the tag team titles look incredible great, they have had little competition. So I am going to pick Christian. Since coming back from his TNA stint, he has won the ECW title twice now, and each time he has made the belt look its best ever potentially. He loves the title, and he gives people a shot at it all the time.

Have to with jerishow's unified tag titles reign. It has been around them for may be around 6 months and they have given the belts some of its prestige back. When Big Show came as Y2J's partner it was a big disappointment but have to say they made a hell of a good and believable team with a guy with with brain and other with muscles.

They have been very dominating as champions and that is what you are suppose to be as champ.Have defeated some big names during title run so that makes Jerishows title run worth of title reign of year.

Quite simply, Christian as the ECW champion. He has been nothing but dominant, he's put people over, he currently has the longest title reign the WWE at the moment, and the ECW title reign has done nothing but wonders for Christian's WWE status. Enough said.

I voted for AJ because he had a great match with Sting at BFG to win the title, his matches with Joe and Daniels have always been some of the best matches and AJ IS one of the most talented entertainers in the ring of all time.

I've talked about this in other threads. JeriShow has made the two tag team championships important again in their reign as the Unified Tag Team Champions. They have also held onto the belts for a long time. Most title reigns (for any WWE or TNA belt) in 2009 have lasted a couple of months, whereas JeriShow has held onto theirs for an entire semester. A couple of title reigns have been longer than theirs but theirs is the best title reign of 2009 because it has been long, entertaining, AND is bringing prestige to the belts.

In a year of Chris Jericho and Edge holding title belts - sometimes separately, sometimes together - CM Punk managed to be the best heel champion of the year and then some. That's justification enough for him having title reign of the year. Y'know, as long as there's no champion of the year category.

I'm surprised to see that the Undertaker having the WHC isn't listed. The WWE has played a game of hot potato with their world titles some this year and I think it's great to see a stablizing force hold a title and build up some credibility with it. CM Punk was a great this year but I don't think he was a great champion. He lost several nontitle matches cleanly while he had the title and dropped it soon after getting it both times. I wish he'd have had longer runs with it but, for whatever reason, he wasn't.

I think that Kofi, Morrison, JeriShow and Christian have all done great jobs as champions this year. They've taken the titles they've had and brought prestige and interest back to them. But, I'm gonna have to go with JeriShow I believe. The team rose above the label of the Big Show being a last second replacement for Edge, have held the titles for a long time, have brought MUCH needed credibility to the titles and have even managed to renew my interest in the WWE tag team scene.

I really don't understand this love for JeriShow. They have no defended the titles against a credible opponent. Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty don't count. Sure, they are defending the belts against DX at TLC, but that is still just one good opponent on the year. I give the nod to Christian for this honor and here's why. The guy took the ECW Championship, which hasn't been worth much since RVD held the belt a few years ago, and made it something wantable. He had good feuds with Jack Swagger and Tommy Dreamer. He has also given more opportunities to a lot of different guys, where as the World Title and WWE Title always seems to have the same mix. I like watching him face new guys like Zach Ryder and Yoshi Tatsu. So for me, that is the Reign of the Year.

Save a spot for me on the Christian title reign bandwagon. He is simply the best ECW champion of the E's version. He has put on quality matches week in and week out. He has also made guys like Dreamer, Yoshi, Ryder, and Regal look like credible competitors. And his current program with Shelton has been stellar thus far and it should culminate in an epic ladder match at TLC.

Christian is above ECW, but he has carried the ECW title with pride and has been a strong champion. Though the ECW title has been left off PPV recently, Christian has still looked good in the process. He put on a great show at Survivor Series as a part of Team Kingston. He has put a load of prestige around the ECW title and he really deserves this.

Kofi Kingston got my vote here. The US title hasn't been important since Stunning Steve Austin was using the stun gun. Kofi fought tooth and nail for that belt, and made it so important to himself, that it got important with the fans.

I'm going with JeriShow. They took a set of titles that were basically meaningless and made them the focal point of not one, but TWO television broadcasts. At this point, whoever defeats them for the titles is going to be an instant success as a tag team. Granted, it might be DX this Sunday, but whichever non-main eventing tag team knocks one of these teams off their pedastal is going to be a big deal in the future.

Well, as a wrestling fan I ended up going with Jeff Hardy. I’ve always been a fan of his! The Hardyz were something I liked in WWE/F as much as I like Rey M and Kidman in WCW and Paul L and Brian K in ROH/WWE/F and 3 Count in WCW when they all were tag team. Anyways I just really liked how he finally won the title and his feud with CM. I wish it could’ve lasted longer but without all the personal stuff that was shown during the feud. Then again that’s how a great feud by using personal and real emotions into a feud like theirs. I hate what is going on with Jeff right now but maybe things will work out for the best and he is back in a wrestling ring then prison. All of the other candidates are worthy but the only other ones that I would’ve voted for would be AJ or Christian or even Austin Aries (but I’m still watching old ROH films but had to stop because I missing some tapes). The thing that I don’t get like most people have mention already is the Jerishow thing. I don’t mind this tag team considering their really isn’t much a division anyways which really sucks considering the talents that the WWE have on the roster. There are already enough single wrestlers no doubt and everyone once to make it as a single wrestler but not all is cut out to be a single wrestler no matter what.

Anyways ever since Jerishow was a team they haven’t really faced much competition in this division if you really think about it. As much as I like Cryme Time they haven’t done much that clearly states them that they are the real deal like back in the late 90’s. MVP and Mark Henry were just put together for fun because the writers didn’t really have much for them let’s be honest. I don’t mind but its kind of getting old. If you haven’t noticed its like you have one small wrestler teams up with a larger wrestler to be a tag team. Back in the day there was all type of different size tag teams but now it’s the same old thing in WWE. Now with them facing DX which is sort of legit tag team even though they are both top main eventers and only doing this to let others compete for the main single titles for now. DX has been in the game the longest and kind of surprise they never won the tag teams belts before but I don’t the team needed the belt most teams. That’s I can’t get behind Jerishow just yet they need to face more teams like Haas and Benjamin or if Jeff comes back the Hardyz or Legacy would be interesting. Also I do like Hart Dynasty but they have jobbed more then they should have if they were really serious about being the next Hart Foundation in some ways. The other only team is William Regal, Vladimir Kozlov, and Ezekiel Jackson.!! So whatever happens to the WWE Tag Team division? It’s just like who cares and now everyone is a single wrestler and it REALLY sucks.

Another question you have to ask yourself is what would have happen if Edge never gotten hurt?! How long would they really going to hold the titles, huh?

Christian with the ECW title is the longest running title reign in wrestling right now...Does anyone else realize this? In the world of hot potato title reigns, Christian has managed to hold the belt for 6 months now, and looks to keep it into the new year. Having him with the belt has instantly given ECW better ratings, and has boosted everyone on the show to new levels.

Christian win this hands down, since coming back to TNA he has been a great wrestler and a great champion, he has made me actually give a damn about it. He has held it for most of this year whilst others have been passed around like they mean nothing. He has made everyone he faced look like gold and actually have a chance and not squashed anyone. Jerishow would off been second but they haven't had many teams too battle against unlike Christian. Also Kofi is a good choice but he didn't have a 1 vs 1 fued with anyone until the end of his reign where he actually lost the title.

Austin Aries. Personally, I think he has outshined every other guy in the business this year across the board (Punk may come in a close second). Since Aries' heel turn, he has been nothing short of perfection and as a champion he is even one above perfect. Since taking the belt off Jerry Lynn- and becoming the first two time champion- Aries has put the prestige back into being the ROH champion.

Aries was the man chosen to keep the company moving forward while two of it's biggest stars (Danielson & McGuiness) left for other companies. ROH gave Aries the title and asked him to soften the blow of these departures. He's done just that. Aries' title reign has been all about timing and he's come through for ROH in a big way.

This one was an easy choice for me... Christian. While JeriShow did a lot for the Tag Titles, Christian not only was an AMAZING fighting Champion, but he not only carried and brought prestige to the ECW Title, he single-handedly CARRIED ECW while at the same time putting over younger talent. And officially, is the Longest Reigning Champion in the WWE now, after TLC... So that has to amount for something right?

Jeri-Show.

They've all been pretty worthless, in WWE at least. Some wrestlers went on to do more after their reign, Kofi, for example. Others were finished before they'd even got started, see most of the world title reigns this year. Christian wasn't important enough to feature on PPV a couple of times and nobody in TNA has great matches, let alone great title reigns.

Jeri-Show win by default, but they're still a poor tag team. Good Cryme Tyme match at Summer Slam, but Jericho has been pretty average since his Rey Mysterio feud.

Not a great year for title reigns in my opinion. Either they were too short (Hardy, Punk), forgettable (Kingston), or overrated (Jerishow). I want to give it to Christian but he was left off PPV's some months and I wouldn't suppose it'd be all that hard to get the ECW title on all the PPV's. I'm just going to go with one not on the list and that would be Foley's reign as TNA Champion. It was shocking to say the last and I would have enjoyed it if he did defend the title once a year.

I had to go with Austin Aries.

WWE's Titles just flip-flop way too much for my liking, and because of that... no one's really able to make an impact with their reign.

TNA doesn't know how to book their champions, simple as that.

And I go with Austin Aries simply because he's someone I used to think was extremely overrated and not being a fan of at all, to now thinking he's extremely underrated and being a huge fan of him, and it all started with his run as ROH Champion. His first run with the title in 2005, in my opinion, was nothing special at all, but man... since he's gotten the title earlier this year, he has fucking ran with it. He's by far and large currently the best heel in the business, and his matches that I have seen from this year have been absolutely stellar and consistent. There's no doubt in my mind that he was the best champion of 2009. And I think if all of you who voted differently than I did had seen any of his reign, you'd agree with me.

Christian. He has had great matches with a load of contenders on ECW, always barely hanging on to the belt. He faced all challengers, and while I love Kofi, Christian has held the belt for longer and still feels fresh. I almost don't want him to lose the title as he's done such a good job building its prestige.

I went with Kofi. I think it was his work as his time as US Champ that convinced the WWE to put him in a feud with Orton. He went a long way from getting ambushed by Edge and missing the elimination chamber match to having a lengthy run as US Champ.

Kofi beat a respectable superstar in MVP to get the strap, and defended it through four PPVs, defeating the likes of MVP, William Regal, Matt Hardy, The Miz, Carlito, Primo, and Jack Swagger. He lost it cleanly to the Miz on RAW.

The reason I picked Kofi over Christian is because Christian's ECW championship reign doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's hard to tell if he has elevated his game because he received the belt so soon after his arrival to the WWE. Also, Kofi has defeated more respectable opponents than Christian has. Besides Regal and Shelton, Christian hasn't had many title defenses against real contenders, depending how you feel about Jack Swagger.

I would say Christian has one of the least impressive title reigns this year, even more so than John Morrison. You would expect that with shit matches on every PPV, that Christian would at least get a match. I'm not even going to talk about the Summerslam match and the Breaking Point one was decent. Didn't defend the title at Bragging Rights or Survivor Series and defeated Benjamin Sunday. First title defense on a PPV in three months doesn't exactly scream "Title Reign of the Year" to me.

I still stand by my pick of Foley. It was interesting and got people talking even though I would have loved to see a Styles or Hernandez so they could have been elevated as Foley always does with his opponents. Had decent matches with Sting and Angle to boot.

They're all shit, but I went with JeriShow. Their reign raised the profile of the title, something none of the others acheived, getting a forgotten title on PPV more times in a row than had been done for several years. It wasn't a particularly stunning reign, but it boosted both of them, the titles and also made DX look like they weren't light years above the competition and unassailable to the division.

It appears I've already voted for CM Punk, not sure why though. I guess it was because all of the other options are bad and Sam convinced me. Punk had a nice title run for a midcard guy which included a bunch of awesome matches and promos. Sure, he lost it in disappointing fashion, but during the period of time Punk had the belt, Smackdown was at it's best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back