Best overall/best pure wrestler in the WWE.

Goliath Uterus

Getting Noticed By Management
I have two questions for you guys, who do you think is the best overall wrestler (gimmick, promo, in ring, etc.) and who do you think is the best pure wrestler?

The best overall wrestler would have to be Jericho in my opinion, he's great on the mic, a great woker, and gets loads of heat.

The best in ring guy would probably have to be a guy who hasnt even appeared on WWE tv yet, his name is Kaval, he's also known as Low Ki or Senshi and he is VERY good, he has lots of striking ability and can mat wrestle very well too, his finisher, the Ghetto Stomp, or the Warriors Way is the best double foot stomp the buisness has ever seen. Since i know someone will say he doesnt count i'll give another one, Tyson Kidd, this guy is lighting quick and is a very good in ring worker.

So give me your thoughts, who's the best overall, and who's the best in ring guy?

I still believe the Undertaker. I absolutely love watching him wrestle, his promos, everything. His entrance gets a little stale and long, but I still love it. I'm sure they're are some overall better wrestlers, but I still think Undertaker is absolutely amazing in the ring. For his age, he's so quick, agile, powerful, he's got tons of submissions, classic signature and finisher moves. I'm going to be sad when It's his time to throw up the boots.

Personally I think Orton is the best. He's good on the mic, can be either a good face or a fantastic heel, and is good in the ring.

Hmmm i gotta go with Orton right now as best overall but best technical wrestler is Low-Ki or Kaval..i cant wait to see him in WWE if hes anything like in his ROH and TNA days hell be someone to behold

Best overall wrestler I think should go to CM Punk. Solid in the ring, probably the best on the mic at the current time, has so much heat on him that he's about 10 feet away from the sun, I think he's the WWE's best heel and is the best overall (with Orton close behind).

Best pure wrestler goes to Daniel Bryan, I've seen this guy wrestle for years and in between the ropes he has no peers (or at least peers that work in the WWE). He's awesome in the ring, obviously needs work in other areas but his in-ring work is incredible.

Okay if it's any WWE Superstar past or Present, I think the best overall wrestler, with the best gimmick, promo, in ring etc. has got to be and arguably Kurt Angle, he could make you love him or absolutely despise him, the Olympic hero, he has a great in ring ability, and he's amazing on the mic, not sure what he's like today, I don't watch a lot of TNA, but back in the WWE he was easily the best.

If it's a current superstar, I think I'd go with Chris Jericho, love him or hate him, he's great in the ring, he can make you either love him, or despise the very thought of him.

best in ring wrestler today is between Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan with his tactical submission combinations or Randy Orton and his sadistic and unpredictability.

of all time, it could very well be the excellence of execution himself Bret The Hitamn Hart, but there are thousands of amazing wrestlers out there.

Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan - well we still have to see what he has...but his abckground says it all TBH...

Jericho is a very solid worker..he has taken HBK's spot and expect to see quality matches from this man...

but best technical wrestler is Low-Ki or Kaval..i cant wait to see him in WWE if hes anything like in his ROH and TNA days hell be someone to behold

Oh, don't worry, he's just as good as he was back then. If you haven't already, you should check out his stuff he did in FCW, it was fucking amazing, he had 2 matches w/Bryan (can only find one) and an AMAZING match againest Justin Gabriel, his debut againest Tyson Kidd was phenomenal as well.

It depends how you define "pure wrestler." The guy who cuts the best promo, has the best personality, wins the most titles, hits the most spots or is the most athletic isn't necessarily the best wrestler.

I think the best wrestler is the guy with the most knowledge of mat wrestling, is best able to counter the other guy's moves, and who himself uses a variety of moves and counters of his own. Experience makes a huge difference in that the best wrestler should have seen it all and should look believable in handling it.

By that definition, I believe the best "pure wrestler" is Triple H.

This is a tough one. The best gimmick I would have to give to the Undertaker.He made his career on a gimmick that probably wouldn't of worked if Undertaker started his career today. CM Punk is a close second with The Miz as the third.

As for overall wrestler, the topic broadens significantly. Undertaker, Triple H, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio. A lot of guys have talent and its hard to pick the best.

I feel compromised as I strongly disagree with Mustang Sally, but his name is a touching tribute to one of my all time favorite soul singers, Wilson Pickett (1/19/06 RIP).

I think best "pure wrestler" omits HHH by a long shot, by more than half the roster. Best "Pure Wrestler" in my opinion would be in-ring technical skills in addition to being able to sell, which goes to Daniel Bryan easily.

Best "Overall wrestler" taking into account everything technical but also including mic ability and ability to get the fan's involved, HAS to be Chris Jericho. I really, almost refuse to accept an alternate. I'll give some runner-up awards though: Undertaker deserves an award like no other wrestler deserves in putting on a great match almost every time he steps in the ring for over twenty years. Christian would be next up. And Rey Misterio after that. I'd love to also include Matt Hardy and Goldust, as they are both in my group of favorites. Only thing that sells them short is Matt Hardy isn't as technically sound as Christian and Goldust can't seem to get the fans involved (although, that I believe is the E's fault).

I feel compromised as I strongly disagree with Mustang Sally, but his name is a touching tribute to one of my all time favorite soul singers, Wilson Pickett (1/19/06 RIP).

I think best "pure wrestler" omits HHH by a long shot, by more than half the roster. Best "Pure Wrestler" in my opinion would be in-ring technical skills in addition to being able to sell, which goes to Daniel Bryan easily.

Best "Overall wrestler" taking into account everything technical but also including mic ability and ability to get the fan's involved, HAS to be Chris Jericho. I really, almost refuse to accept an alternate. I'll give some runner-up awards though: Undertaker deserves an award like no other wrestler deserves in putting on a great match almost every time he steps in the ring for over twenty years. Christian would be next up. And Rey Misterio after that. I'd love to also include Matt Hardy and Goldust, as they are both in my group of favorites. Only thing that sells them short is Matt Hardy isn't as technically sound as Christian and Goldust can't seem to get the fans involved (although, that I believe is the E's fault).
I agree with you on Jericho but I think the closest second to him is CM Punk. The guy has a huge array of moves, is flawless on the mic, doesn't even need to speak to get heat, and is the best in the business at getting people to boo for something that should NEVER be booed in the first place, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Definitely it's randy. he's great at everything: mic skills, crwd reaction etc. and he's great in the ring. the crowd blow the roof of the arena at the first sign of voices and the rko is just amazing! The best of it all though is the viper gimmick

I agree with everyone on that it depends on whether or not you are going with pure technical skill, world championship wins, etc. If you are talking best technical wrestler ever, there are many names - Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Bret Hart, Rey Mysterio jr, even Shawn Michaels, etc. All were very good at what they did in their prime. Best now, i would have to go with either Jericho or Punk. I have not seen enough of Daniel Bryan to vote on him.

Now this one is a more difficult topic to answer.

Undertaker has a very strong case because in-ring he's probably their best active wrestler when he turns it up to 10, has insane amounts of credibility and notoriety, gets MONSTER reactions and I mean.... my parents know who the Undertaker is, and they've never watched wrestling.

However, he isn't at 10 very often because he doesn't appear very often, and his work on free TV is normally in cruise control. His sporadic appearances, frequency for injury etc make me wonder if we should look elsewhere.

Randy Orton has come along leaps and bounds, but I'm not sure if his pure wrestling ability is good enough for him to take this. His style is slower, more methodical, he doesn't do many moves etc and he really doesn't change up his game at all, so you could argue he isn't very versatile, but if it works, why not?

Edge is a very complete wrestler. His charisma and promo skills out of the ring are of the highest standard, and while I wouldn't say he's ever been in contention for the best in-ring wrestler, he's by no means far from the top. Big crowd reactions too.

CM Punk is underrated because he seemingly has a glass ceiling. He was very briefly allowed top-billing on cards, but then he ran his mouth and Undertaker returned to banish him down to the mid-card and later a great feud with Rey. He's an awesome promo guy, and love him or hate him, he's always stood out as unique in terms of his look and he commands attention from the crowd. He's very good in the ring, and actually quite an old-school worker. He's all about the little things. The fact he is predominantly an upper-mid-carder who occasionally main events may hold him back though.

I would like to vote for Jericho, but as a heel he intentionally handcuffs his own arsenal to make sure the crowd don't cheer. He literally has his two finishers and spends the rest of the match using submissions and strikes. It works for him, because the crowd eat up his matches, and he's the best talker in the company. He's very complete, but in 2010 he doesn't pure wrestle enough.

I guess Rey Mysterio's up there, but I personally don't care for him. A falling splash from the top rope from the top rope should not put people away. But he does have a marginally more exciting offense than most WWE guys and he does it every match. Kids go crazy for him and his act works against every single opponent. But he's never been a heel... does that mean he can't be considered the best overall? I think so. Not enough versatility.

Finally, Triple H. Say what you want about his position in the company, he is a good worker, and if you ignore his lazy spell in 2004, he always has been. He has good instincts, and the crowd normally eat out of his hand. He's been a great heel and a great face, he's dependable, and I don't remember him having any really bad matches against anyone but like... Scott Steiner. In terms of an overall/all-around game, he's a definite contender if you ask me.

So those are my nominees and I really don't know who to pick to be honest with you. There are knocks against each of them. Undertaker doesn't wrestle enough. Randy isn't a top notch pure worker. CM Punk hasn't properly been at the top of the company so it's tough to call him the best. Jericho intentionally doesn't put on great pure wrestling. Rey isn't versatile.

I'd say Triple H and Edge share common attributes. Neither is amazing in one area, but both are very solid in every area, making them extremely well-rounded, which is the whole point of an overall best wrestler. So... tossing up a coin between them... even though I find Edge a little bit more boring because he hasn't done anything new in a very long time... I think he wins purely because I don't want to have the arguments with people about how good Triple H is, because let's not forget, he married the bosses' daughter.

Winner: Edge via me forfeiting my case for Triple H.

Jericho - Unselfish, delivers, good as heel and face, inring talent. He has everything you could ask.

CM Punk - If he wasn't choked with a limited move set he'd be alot more peoples favourite, he sells his moves great and can mix up his moves too, excellent heel, good face, great on mic.

Best pure wrestler?...

I know than most will disagree with me, but Finlay is one of the best pure wrestler in the roster right now.

CM Punk as most said, its the most balanced.

Best pure wrestler?...

I know than most will disagree with me, but Finlay is one of the best pure wrestler in the roster right now.

CM Punk as most said, its the most balanced.

I totally agree that Finlay is one of the best pure wrestlers, he is definitley past his prime but man can he go! CM Punk is another guy who i didnt mention but definitley is one of the most "complete" wrestlers in the WWE, i used to hate his Straight Edge promos but now i love them, they are sooo annoying and get soooo much heat and its hillarious.

wow, tough one....

well if by "pure" your efer technical wrestler there a couple of guys that are and hass passed trough the E: Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Kurt Angle, Daniel Bryan, Kaval well there are many awesome tec hnical wrestlers, but if I had to pick one I think that I jst can't picko only one...it all comes down to this wrestlers that have blown my mind each time they face someone or between them: Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle. Yestarday I was watching the RR from '03 and the SD! main event-Benoit vs Angle. was sooo epic and each time that Eddie had a match against Benoit or Angle, you could expect anything to happen...however if I had to pick an modern pure athlete that is still with us and with the E I have to say DANIEL BRYAN.

an overall wrestler??? there are even more names that come to my mind, I'm not going to make a list but I have to pick this time 6 wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H, Chris Jericho and CM Punk. Well I think it's too damn obvious why I picked SCSA and Taker but I picked HBK cause he is the most charismatic guy in history of sports entertainement, I mean he is Mr. Wrestlemania and the Showstopper after all..
HHH, IMO he is in the top 5 of best heels of all time...and as a face well he is better as heel but he isn't at all stale. this guy knows, breath and screams wrestling!!
Jericho the best at what he does, false? ABSOLUTELY NOT! with his latest heel turn he has become THE heel of the E (that was Randy's spot but with his recent tweener/face turn...)
and that leaves CM PUNK, IMO the future of the E, the future HEEL of the E. not only he has an awesome (and real life based) gimmick, he has mic skills and awesome werstling skills, as someone said very old school-ish movements.

just my thoughts...

Past or present ?
Present - Edge . Pretty good in ring , can put on some really good matches and good on the mic . (Yeah I know , lame choice , but . . . nobody really to choose from .)
I also think Randy Orton is good . Good in the ring and on the mic and he can pull off heel and face with his gimmick . (Not really face , more like a tweener)

Past - Okay , now it comes to the good choices . :)
Shawn Michaels - AH-MAZING matches and good on the mic when heel . Probably one of the if not the best in - ring performer ever . (NOTE: Present and past .)
Kurt Angle - Solid in the ring and on the mic .
Undertaker - Okay , so he can be in the present/past section too .
Anyways , 'Taker is awesome . I love watching his matches and promos . I like his gimmick too . He is STILL good in the ring and good on the mic when he talks . (Hardly , I know)

So those are the best wrestlers IMO .

(Notice I put IMO , so don't hate . )

For best overall wrestler right now in WWE its pretty easy to say Chris Jericho. He can generate more heat then anyone else can. I mean heck he gets more boos then the top face gets cheered. Also he can wrestle as a mid carder and he can turn it up and wrestle as a main eventer.

The best pure wrestler in WWE right now is someone no one has said yet and it is the smackdowns champion Jack Swagger. When he wrestles he does a lot of unbelieveable moves that gets you on the edge of your seats thinking its over.

pure wrestler surely means best technical wrestler which without a doubt has to be the american dragon bryan danielson

i refuse to call him his wwe name because he is better than that also cm punk would be up there with y2j and christian

wow not 1 mention of my pick

William Regal - He's vastly underrated and I think that he is the best pure wrestler the WWE has right now. Perhaps fans are not as appreciative of the catch as catch can style of wrestling but I for one love to see Regal work. He's like an older version of Douglas Williams (ring work) with a splash of Nigel McGuiness ( He's always fun to watch, he can really work a crowd). Outside of the ring he's just as good. His promo's are always on point and does a lot of subtle things that just grate on your nerves.

Honorable mention to Taker, he's the king of the ground and pound style which he's actually adapted over the years to make him a credible submission wrestler as well. Once in a while you might even see Air Taker take off, which is truly impressive to watch no matter how many times you've seen him do it.

Oddly enough for a long time I always thought the unanimous answer would be Jericho but while he is truly great I have to give the nod to someone who has impressed me without ever really being expected to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back