4 Most Pure Wrestlers

• Cesaro; Owens; Rollins; Del Rio

• Rusev; Ziggler; Owens; Reigns

• Ambrose; Cena; Wyatt; Cesaro

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So Ignoring the mic-skills; their booking; their looks..... Who do you think are the 4 most pure wrestlers on main roster of WWE?
My choices are...

1. Antonio Cesaro- His ring work is awesome and he always entertains with his wrestling techniques.... That Awesome superplex....... Agility; Stamina; Strength; Toughness.... He is a complete package... Pure one

2. Kevin Owens- He too is a complete package.... Skills and techniques.... Moves he can do..... Makes any match interesting....

3.Seth Rollins- He is really "The Man".... Though booked too weak during his reign; he still is awesome in his in-ring work.... Be it Phoenix Splash or Springboard Knee.... He is a pure one

4. Alberto Del Rio- As i read somewhere; He is a polished Cesaro.... His in-ring work is very good.... so i think he is also a pure wrestler....
Thoughts?

You know, I hate using this term. I count everyone as pro wrestlers. Because, everyone up there is a professional wrestler. Some are relatively less skilled than the others but, all of 'em are wrestlers, collectively. Pro wrestler has always meant complete package. You have to be good in every possible sector. I guess, you are talking about the mat work. In my opinion, some of 'em are:

Cesaro: As everyone says, he is too good in wrestling. So is my opinion. Though, I'm not that high on him. People invariably peg him for being a main eventer. That being said, I have watched a lot of his indy stuff. I know the UFO and all of his stuff. He just doesn't interest me at all. Maybe he lacks the presence or he is vocally not good.

Owens: I love this guy, I dig this guy. There hasn't been any wrestler other than Cena or Reigns that has interested me this year. This guy is a pure beast. Has the mic skills, has the presence, can work a fine match with absolutely anyone. He is THAT good. I'd love to see this guy as the World Champ some day, when the best moment comes ;)

John Cena: Enough said. One who says Cena isn't a top class wrestler is certainly deluded. Just look at his in-ring work in 2015. I would really miss him during his absence. Get back soon Cena.

So Ignoring the mic-skills; their booking; their looks..... Who do you think are the 4 most pure wrestlers on main roster of WWE?
My choices are...

1. Antonio Cesaro- His ring work is awesome and he always entertains with his wrestling techniques.... That Awesome superplex....... Agility; Stamina; Strength; Toughness.... He is a complete package... Pure one

2. Kevin Owens- He too is a complete package.... Skills and techniques.... Moves he can do..... Makes any match interesting....

3.Seth Rollins- He is really "The Man".... Though booked too weak during his reign; he still is awesome in his in-ring work.... Be it Phoenix Splash or Springboard Knee.... He is a pure one

4. Alberto Del Rio- As i read somewhere; He is a polished Cesaro.... His in-ring work is very good.... so i think he is also a pure wrestler....
Thoughts?

Right on the money, WWE should listen to there so called "Universe" a bit harder, NXT is only worthy on Pay Per View specials, i saw Joe had a wicked match coming up this week, hope it lives up to his hype.

1) Daniel Bryan: When healthy, this man can wrestle a broomstick and make the broomstick look good in the match. he's a great pure wrestler with great holds that look good and his move set is real entertaining. his issue lately is health which bites for him because he's so great in the ring.

2) Cesaro: he's really great in the ring, his move set is nice and he has the best uppercuts that i've seen. he has nice holds and great strength. he's a gem to watch in the ring.

3) Brock Lesnar: he's actually a former college wrestling champion, so of course he's a pure wrestler. his german suplex looks wicked and he has great power moves that are just fun to see.

4) Seth Rollins: i love watching him wrestle. he's helped make a Kane match really watchable do to his in ring ability. he has a open moveset and he can adjust as a face and a heel. he rarely uses the Phoenix Splash, BUT i'm sure it's because he's a heel. if he ever turns face, i wouldn't be shocked if that move became his finisher due to it being really crowd pleasing.

i'll only write 4 (since the OP wrote 4), but those are who i think are the best pure wrestlers in WWE today (when healthy of course). one thing i really hoped for (when Bryan returned from injury and Rollins won the title) was a lengthy feud with Rollins and Bryan because i felt they would put on an amazing program and could've ended their feud with a 60 minute Ironman Match....but sadly Bryan got hurt.

I agree with all mentioned so far, but let's not forget Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler were also amateur champions. Tyson Kidd was excellent too. But I agree - Cesaro is far and away the best of the active roster.

I had to vote for the first. Cesaro and Rollins are the two best on the roster.

BUT, I think there's a few names missing.
Neville although short, he is the total package. Quick, high flyer, never bobbles and jumps or salts. And song as an ox.

Is gonna sound weird but the Lucha Dragons are explosive. Any Lucia style wrestler is awesome, except Alberto Del Boringo. Kalisto isn't fast as lightening. Sin Cara can provide what little power they need.

Kevin Owens is a good choice. Didn't like him coming out of nxt but he's quickly changed my mind.

This one may surprise some, but I think Shaemus is a pure wrestler. With his moves like Brogue kick, white noise, neck breaker, and especially his Rollin senton bomb is very impressive. He's agile and needless to say strong as anyone there.

I don't chant "let's go cena" nor do I chant "cenacle sucks" since winning the us title the first time he's busted his @$$ every night out and added elements to his Arsenal.

But for the ones under the radar Lucia dragons, Rey Rey if he returns, Neville, Ziggler..

I would have to say Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar and Jack Swagger.
The only problem with these picks are Cesaro is good we see it all. Seth we still have not seen what he can do, we know he is good but with his character we don't see all that he can do in the ring he has plenty more that we have not seen yet. The same goes for Brock he does not show all his skills, I do not know why. Well where is Jack we have not seen him in a while, and we know he can wrestle he has the skills.
Honorable mentions go too Daniel Bryan and Neville.

For me, Rollins, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan (if we are counting him), Kevin Owens

I think Orton is a very good traditional old school style wrestler too

You know, I hate using this term. I count everyone as pro wrestlers.

Yes, but I sooner get hung up on the word 'pure' as used by OP.

To me, a pure wrestler is a technically-based ring performer who will punch and rake eyes when he has to, but for the most part uses scientific tactics to deal with opponents. In that regard, from the list of wrestlers given, I'd rate Alberto Del Rio, Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, Cesaro and Seth Rollins as 'pure' wrestlers. I'd include Rusev, too. Up until his series with Cena, his method of breaking down opponents piece by piece was purely scientific, which was highly unusual for a confirmed heel.

Many of the others are 'pure' brawlers. This is particularly true of Kevin Owens. Even as he's very good at what he does, I see it as anything but pure wrestling. Meanwhile, people like Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Neville and Dolph Ziggler are essentially 'spot hitters' rather than pure wrestlers or brawlers. John Cena has elements of both; he hits spots a lot, yet uses more pure wrestling tactics than he's given credit for.

Everyone has their own style but very few are pure wrestlers, imo.

If we're talking about pure in-ring performers, I have to include Randy Orton. With people being mixed on his mic skills, his ring ability has pretty much been his calling card since leaving Evolution over a decade ago. Smooth, A+ psychology, and actually has a larger moveset than his current face persona allows him to show.

At the top of the list though is probably Seth Rollins. I really like the OP's choices (Cesaro is amazing and Kevin Owens is a star) but I'm not sure how I feel about Del Rio. I think I'd put Orton, Cena, and Brock before him. Del Rio is a good worker, never bought into him as a main event guy and he has never had a 5 star match in WWE. Those other 3 guys have had plenty over the years and Cena and Brock continue to bring the heat every PPV this year. I think Orton/Rollins at WrestleMania 31 was the most technically sound match of that night to be honest.

Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins

All four of them are extremely good at pure in-ring wrestling. Cesaro isn't great on the mic. Daniel Bryan doesn't have the best look.

However, all four of them can put on a MOTY candidate any given night.

Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins

All four of them are extremely good at pure in-ring wrestling. Cesaro isn't great on the mic. Daniel Bryan doesn't have the best look.

However, all four of them can put on a MOTY candidate any given night.

Yeah i completely agree with you..... They can make any match entertaining.....
And Yeah i too would chose Daniel Bryan over Alberto Del Rio because he is my favorite and much talented too....
But i forgot to include him in poll because he isnot active anymore...

Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins.

Besides Seth Rollins, these guy are terrible at everything else but they're 4 of the best in-ring talents in the business.. I see why some fans want them to get pushed, but you have to realize, in-ring ability is the last thing that matters.. Entertainment comes first, PR comes second, wrestling is last.

I think it is truly hard to really rank these Wrestlers because for one reason or another I love them all but in no particular order...

Daniel Bryan: He has proven Himself to be one of the best in ring WRESTLING talents ever IMO. Huge match after huge match, being held back and rising to the occasion. First He became a very compiling heel Champion then a serious comedy act contender and Last He became the most over babyface that didn't originate in "The Attitude Era". Daniel has cemented His legacy just imagine if He could stay healthy.

Kevin Owens: I absolutely love this Guy, He is entertainment gold to Me and is flat out one of the best workers in the business. Great on the mic and has the overall potential and talent to really shake up The WWE much like Daniel Bryan did. I hope They continue to book Him utilizing His full repertoire of skills and He gets a much deserved reign at the top. Did I mention He can Wrestle.

Seth Rollins: I know He has His critics but IMO He is far and beyond one of the best Wrestlers in the game today. He is able to not only preform at the highest level in a top position He was seemingly thrown into but entertain as well. Seth was the best member of The Shield and has proven that time and time again. It is absolutely horrible thar He got injured but maybe He will get a babyface run which I think is more suited to His personality and He will get to showcase His full array of untapped potential.

Ceraro: This Guy makes everybody look good. He is simply outstanding in the ring. I am glad He is at least being taken seriously as a top notch competitor in The WWE. I don't think He is nowhere near as horrible on the mic as people claim, loved His time on the stick in His feuds with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn respectively. I just hope that The WWE Big Brass can see what they have in this Guy and give Him a well deserved lengthy reign with a top title.

Honorable Mentions

Tyson Kid: This is one of the most polished Guys on The Roster IMO.

Samoa Joe: This journeyman is more than capable of stealing the show with Five Star Matches.

Jason "JJ" Jordan and Chad "Say My Name" Gable: These two will be incredible when They debut on The Main Roster there is just something special about Them and the seamless way They move in the ring.

Brock Lesnar: Although I prefer His first WWE run Wrestling style He still is one of the best in the business.

John Cena: A little bit of a hybrid wrestler... I would have loved to see Him develop His skills outside of The WWE, as good as He is He could have been even better with His work rate and detication to the business.

Sami Zayn: Is capable of preforming at the highest level. Hope He gets a chance to showcase His talents on The Main Roster.

Cody Rhodes: The WWE missed a huge opportunity creating a MegaStar with this Guy IMO. He has the mic skills, the charisma, the detication and most importantly the in ring WRESTLING talent. At one time I thought He would not only have His chance to shine but be "The Man".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back