Battle Zone Tournament General Discussion Thread

He's also got a zord

Tyrannosaurus2.jpg

I don't understand how anyone picks the Red Ranger for anything except the "I loved Power Rangers as a child" reason. He's just a guy with good martial arts skills. If he had the help of the other Rangers, that's one thing. But he doesn't.

Yeah, the powers actually, ya know make him more powerful than normal people. Which is why the rangers can ya know fight monsters that would otherwise trash them. He also gets the green ranger's shield, which can reflet energy beams, and dagger which can shoot lightling and summmon the dragonzord which has freaking missiles in its fingers.

I feel like that Zord isn't going to be very useful against the speedier and smarter characters. I'd have to look at his matchups, but I think he goes down to a Batman type or a trickster like Joker.

How can a big giant robot not be very useful?

I'm not an authority on Batman or the Joker but from what i know nothing in either arsenal would be able to stop it.

Goku is a clear favorite for the second bracket, although both Spawn and Martian Manhunter should be able to take him.

I'm not an authority on Batman or the Joker but from what i know nothing in either arsenal would be able to stop it.

The Batmobile?

And Joker might not be able to take down the Zord, but the Red Ranger is an extremely emotional person, and he could easily feed on those emotions to trick the Ranger into a trap.

The Batmobile?
I know the Batmobile has a lot of gadgets but it's still just a car. I don't think it would stand up to a skyscraper size robot very well
And Joker might not be able to take down the Zord, but the Red Ranger is an extremely emotional person, and he could easily feed on those emotions to trick the Ranger into a trap.
I'll give you this one

It's so unfair to have Light in the first bracket, the death note would wipe out all the humans instantly.

It's like having Z from Tenchi Muyo in the second bracket...

It's so unfair to have Light in the first bracket, the death note would wipe out all the humans instantly.

It's like having Z from Tenchi Muyo in the second bracket...

You couldn't be more wrong.

For the Death Note to work, Light needs to write the name in after the fight begins, and in that time his opponent could easily, EASILY swoop in and knock the Death Note out of his hand and land in an uppercut, knocking him out or killing him. Light is a thinker, not a fighter.

For the sake of this tourney, imagine each round like a fighting game. The fight doesn't start until the word "FIGHT!" is uttered. No pregaming here.

You couldn't be more wrong.

For the Death Note to work, Light needs to write the name in after the fight begins, and in that time his opponent could easily, EASILY swoop in and knock the Death Note out of his hand and land in an uppercut, knocking him out or killing him. Light is a thinker, not a fighter.

For the sake of this tourney, imagine each round like a fighting game. The fight doesn't start until the word "FIGHT!" is uttered. No pregaming here.

Touche. Although Misa should have been in instead... for the sex appeal...

The good news for Light is that he's smart and he's athletic. If the situation is right, he might be able to escape his opponent and find a moment to write down his opponent's name on the Death Note. From there, he has to last another 30 seconds before his opponent drops dead. If he's KO'd before those 30 seconds, he loses the round.

Light might be able to out run Scott Pilgrim and write his name down. If he faces Vash he could write his name down without a doubt, though it'd take some convincing. However, if he had to face Iron Man, there's no way Light before eating repulsor fire or an iron fist.

Red Ranger faces Mario in the first round, all Mario needs to do pull out a power star, which makes him invincable and then just run through the stupid Red Ranger...

Yeah, the powers actually, ya know make him more powerful than normal people.
Yes, but not quite super powers. Just martial arts mastery. That means someone else who is also a good fighter negates that.
He also gets the green ranger's shield, which can reflet energy beams, and dagger which can shoot lightling and summmon the dragonzord which has freaking missiles in its fingers.
It's been a good 16 years since I've watched anything related to the Power Rangers, so forgive me if I don't remember correctly, but why would he have the Green Ranger's weapons? I remember the Red Ranger having some sort of sword and I think an energy gun. Also, as far as his robot t-rex goes, anyone who has any sort of explosive device (bombs, rocket launchers, etc) can take that down.

Look, I loved the Power Rangers when I was 5, but let's be realistic here. Red Ranger should go a bit further than he should, just based on how the tournament is set up, but he will lose against whoever he gets in the semi-finals.

Red Ranger faces Mario in the first round, all Mario needs to do pull out a power star, which makes him invincable and then just run through the stupid Red Ranger...

The Red Ranger could probably dodge Mario, as he's fast, but not agile enough to make a sharp cut. However, Mario does have a few tricks up his sleeve that could help him level the playing field. Assuming he only has a few powerups, he could use the lightning bolt from Mario Kart to shrink the Zord to a more manageable size. If he uses the star, that's going to put the Red Ranger at a disadvantage for about 10 seconds, which which Mario will be invincible and can inflict major punishment. Also, Mario's golden cape should be able to save him from many projectile attacks, yes? Don't count Mario out on this one, he's proven through about 6 generations of videogames that he's all about overcoming the odds.

They're due by the day the tourney starts, I suppose. Maybe they'll be accepted a day after voting opens up but no more.

I think having them due midnight on September 2nd would be okay. If anybody is really that desperate to win a silly contest that they check the polls to see who is leading, they're more of a loser than they will be a winner :p

Hulk Hogan has defeated Giants, Savages, and Dead Guys. A rich dude in a bat suit is cake. Besides, he would never allow himself to get booked losing in the first round of a tournament. :hogan: The fact he has his own smilie is just the icing on the cake.

If anyone is going to knock off Batman in the early rounds, it's gonna be the Hulkster. Whether we're talking kayfabe or reality, Hulk Hogan is a force to be reckoned with, and Batman met defeat when fighting Bane, a roided out freak. I think Hulk may buy his juice from the same guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back