Batista possibly returning to WWE

the_A-LIST

Dark Match Winner
When reports first broke that Batista was considering a mixed martial arts debut with Strikeforce, many doubted that the former WWE Champion was ever realistically planning to step into a cage fight. Sources, however, persistently said the debut was going to happen, with fellow WWE wrestler-turned-fighter Bobby Lashley being eyed as an ideal first opponent. The persistence, combined with photos of Batista training with Team Cesar Gracie, kept the discussion alive.

But if a quote attributed to Batista from earlier this week proves true, one can officially table the rumors of “Big Dave” entering the world of mixed martial arts, at least in the near term.

Joint reporting from MMA Supremacy and Bloody Elbow reveals that Batista is no longer planning for an imminent cage debut and is instead looking towards future involvement with WWE.

“I will not be doing MMA/Strikeforce any time soon. So you can see me in the future of the WWE,” said Batista, according to the story.

The news, which comes in the wake of web stories about Batista’s high asking price, should not be surprising.

SOURCE

I hope he comes back soon. How would he comeback though? I say if this Nexus storyline ever comes out to be just John Cena becoming a bigger superhero and taking out Nexus in the end... Batista will comeback and continue his feud with the guy. BUT if they decide to turn Cena full heel and keep him with the Nexus or just go on his own I see maybe WWE turning Batista face again and have him try to lead an Anti-Nexus group. What you guys think ?

Hell yeah, I hope so. Could really do wonders for the RAW main event scene. I mean a possible Sheamus/Batista feud would be amazing. But if he returns, I want the heel Batista. Something never seemed right with the face Batista and when he was heel, something clicked. His personality and charisma started to show. Batista went out crying like a bitch, and I don't think he wants that. I remember reading he wants to go out at wrestlemania to a younger up and coming wrestler. So I think he will eventually come back. But to a heel. Maybe be the man behind Nexus and then he could start up the feud with Cena. He left a huge hole in the ME scene on RAW and I hope he returns.

I hope Batista isnt offered a contract by WWE. This guy has bad mic skills and doesnt work good matches. He refuses to put younger guys over. Hes all about being a big tough guy. Rey was the only little guy he actually put over that I can think of. He thinks hes a bigger star than he really is. Both shows have been better since hes been gone.

I hope Batista isnt offered a contract by WWE. This guy has bad mic skills and doesnt work good matches. He refuses to put younger guys over. Hes all about being a big tough guy. Rey was the only little guy he actually put over that I can think of. He thinks hes a bigger star than he really is. Both shows have been better since hes been gone.

I disagree -- his final run (as a heel) was awesome. The feud he had with John Cena was so good that I wanted it to go on for longer. The whole duct tape thing was hilarious too.

Although the show clearly went on, his departure did leave a void that has never really been filled. He was a great super-aggressive, powerhouse (but somewhat whiny/complaning) type character who I really liked, but as a face, he was rather boring.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the B man make a comeback.

That is actually quite exciting news.

I like Batista and I feel that the best run of his life came when he was just about to leave the WWE. The feud with John Cena over the WWE Championship at WrestleMania was actually a treat to behold. He pulled off some of the best mic and ring work I have ever seen him perform with the WWE and it is my opinion that if he did try and get back with the WWE, he would probably try and get back into that stride.

However, I am still doubtful that he will come back to the company. Yes, we have seen a source from the OP that seems to prove otherwise. However, I will wait and see if he does resurface in the WWE before I actually commit to anything on the matter. What I will say, however, is that Vince will gladly take him back I assume. Batista left a hole when he left the WWE and I don’t think it has been filled yet. I could definitely see him going to Smackdown or Raw and getting his place in the main event back. For a guy like Batista, there is no languishing in the mid-card and I think he would make a good addition to either of the shows.

Again, I will not hold my breath for this but I am sincerely hoping that Batista does come back to the WWE. He was not cut out to be a cage fighter, he was made to be a professional wrestler and the WWE seems to be the best fit for him.

BATISTA AS THE RAW GM!!!!

Just kidding but I mean.... wouldn't that be nuts??? It would be awesome. The fact that he is making Cena join Nexus and all that and the fact that Nexus is working for a "higher power" etc etc it would just make sense. Even if he's not the GM (which I'm 10000% sure he's not obviously... he's not even under contract....) I'd still like to see him come back.

I would love for this to happen. I could see him coming back and not missing a beat from where he left off. The thing is I will believe it when it happens. Until this im going to take this as a grain of salt. If any of you guys have not read batista's book i suggest checking it out. It's a easy read and is really interesting and this guy is a really nice guy.

First of all i would like to point out never once does it say he will be an active competitor. He could work behind the scenes. Although i want to see him return as a heel manager. After a while have his managee turn face and get him back into an active competitor. this way he could put over a younger guy and get back into the WWE and not make it seem like he came crawling bak to the WWE or vice versa.

BATISTA AS THE RAW GM!!!!

Just kidding but I mean.... wouldn't that be nuts??? It would be awesome. The fact that he is making Cena join Nexus and all that and the fact that Nexus is working for a "higher power" etc etc it would just make sense. Even if he's not the GM (which I'm 10000% sure he's not obviously... he's not even under contract....) I'd still like to see him come back.

I don't know about Batista for GM (I would prefer it to be a non-wrestler or a retired wrestler), but Batista being the mastermind behind Nexus makes perfect sense. Speaking fictionally, he left WWE on very bad terms, lashing out at the fans and storming off. He would have the perfect motive to be behind Nexus in some way, shape or form.

If Batista returns it would be cool if he was the mastermind behind Nexus.

John Cena made Batista quit, that is why Nexus targeted him. It would make a great story.

Have HHH be revealed as the Raw GM and that would be another potential feud between Batista and Hunter.

Another possibility could be Batista returning to Smackdown. They are severely lacking Main event talent, although Edge will help a lot.

I really hope Batista doesn't come back as an on screen character. The WWE seems to be on a youth kick. Raw's exciting and fresh, and Smackdown's heading in the right direction. In my eyes there's no need to bring Batista back. He's a boring face, because he can't talk for anything. I cant take him seriously as a heel (nothing says bad ass like a belly button tattoo, amirite?) In almost every match he's been in for the last 4 years have so, he really seems like he needs someone else to carry him. He needs to stay away to help the new guys get a chance to grow.

This would make Theo very happy. Batista was massively entertaining during his final run. His heel work was great and he got some great heat. He was against everything the WWE stood for. He was hilarious and his feud with Cena was great. Yeah he may not have the greatest attitude backstage, but he could spice things up in the WWE right now. He could be debuted as the GM or as some said he could be the guy behind the whole Nexus attacks. It would make sense considering how Batista left. I'd take this with a grain of salt though. Could just be Batista trying to stir something up and getting his name back in the spotlight. Only time will tell and I hope it is a return for Big Dave, but we shall see.

If this is true, Batista was great towards the end of his last runs. He needs to be a heel, as a face, he is too generic. He needs to be a monster heel. Not a face like he was for the most of his run, when people didn't like him as much.

I've never cared much for Batista, but after reading some other post. I started thinking revealing him as the Raw GM could be an interesting storyline. Of course he's not the one actually sending the emails since he's not even with the company right now. However anyone that has watched wrestling for a long time knows that doesn't mean that he couldn't still be revealed as the GM.

Like a previous poster said he left with storyline heat with WWE management. Also the GM forcing Cena to join Nexus or be fired could be Batista getting revenge on Cena.

I agree with Death From Above on this one...

To be honest, I never pictured Batista as a MMA fighter. He just didn't seem the type to me. MMA fighters are usually more agile and have more of a different style of training than that of wrestlers (or so I would assume). For Batista to adapt to that seems really difficult. Batista was made for wrestling. He has the look, the body, the psychological attribution, the training, etc., to make it in the WWE. I feel as if though Batista can make it further in the WWE than he ever could in MMA. He already has the experience of being a wrestler. So, why not just continue that path?

The last feud that Batista had with John Cena was truly epic. I would even go as far as to say that it is the best feud that Batista has had in his entire career. When Batista left the WWE, he left with so much mommentum in his pocket; it would be fairly easy to capitalize on this. Not to mention, all the great fueds that could be provided if he returns.

If Batista really is considering to work further in the WWE, I'm pretty sure Vince wouldn't want to miss out on such an oppurtunity. Batista is a cash cow; he is a top star; and he is an excellent wrestler---a combo Vince really enjoys...

Color me indifferent.

I think the reason I personally liked his last couple of months so much because it was new and fresh and he played it so damn well. If he were to return and go back to playing the heel I'm sure it would get just as tired as the years he played a face. Batista isn't the type of guy who can evolve and keep things fresh, as evident by...well...most of his career. People loved Edge's Rated R gimmick for the first couple of years but it eventually grew old. That's just the business. The difference is a guy like Edge has tools to work with to keep it fresh that I just don't think Batista has.

I wouldn't be upset to see him return, but not overly excited either. If he was used to put over some of the younger guys, he would at least serve a purpose. If he was to clog the main event scene with rehashed feuds (who hasn't he feuded with really) then I think the WWE should pass. Too many names right now that look to have a future and bringing Batista back is just one more road block in creating new talent.

Batista Is HORRIBLE....He needs to go to TNA. No one wants to hear Him Talk Period. If He Comes Back he Better be used as a Jobber. Or In TNA he can be Deacon again and Walk with Revrend D-Von...if hes still around. Worst Case...They can Bring Back Mike Adamle and Batista As Commetators on Superstars or NXT Yea... that would be Dave's Only Hope -_-

would be nice to see Batista come back! he would really help Smackdown's lackluster main event scene. Or could feud with Cena. I think he really just wanted a break from the crazy schedule from the WWE now he is itching to come back!

i was thinking the other day that if cena cost orton the match vs barrett that orton could bring out HHH and Batista,re-evolution perhaps, to help him fight of nexus w/ the full heal cena. just a thought

but i wouldnt mind his return. he was never a very impressive wrestler or talker but he is a former world champ. i could see him being brought back to put over some of the young guys. right now they could use him on smackdown but if they move some people around i could see him gonig to raw aswell. really i dont see a down side. i wouldnt give him another title right away. but if he does come back and helps elevate some ppl to the ME then i could see him getting another title before he decides to hang them up for good.

look there is no reason for batista to come back hes accomplished everything he can accomplish there hes an old guy in 40s hes not how he was years ago i mean sure he had a couple good ppv matches but hes like all old wrestlers never wants to give there spot toa younger guy why give a guy who gets himself injured and out over to almost out the year to a younger guy who is out for pretty much the whole year and can elevate there careers.

Well with the recent Royal Rumble returns I would not be surprised to him returning at that event also. He would win it as a face while an already turned heel Cena manages the Nexus and has the Championship on him. Batista challenges him for the title at Mania and the rematch. Batista Vs Cena II.
Have the now heel Cena lose cleanly.
I do not think he will return as the GM. I believe the GM could be someone like The Rock.

Interesting News. Batista was at his most interesting in years in the last six months of his WWE career. He was entertaining on the mic, he wrestled some good matches, he was just an all round entertaining personality. He was the big star that he wanted to be but left because he didn't enjoy working within the current product.

Now he might be coming back and while I really like Batista, I don't know how well this'll go down with the McMahon's or the rest of the WWE Guys. Actually scratch that, Vince will love it! It'll be, in his view, Batista crawling his way back to WWE. With all the things he's said about the current product, how would a return be for Batista. I would expect him to get a frosty reception but I don't think it'd last too long.

No doubt that Batista's name power alone would propel him towards the upper echelon. Not sure how he'd do it but I'm very interested to see a return if it does indeed happen.

I would be happy to see Big Dave back in the 'E, as a heel on Smackdown.

As other posters have said, his last heel run vs Cena just before he left was some of the best stuff he had ever done in wrestling, and I would love him to pick up from where he left off with that character. I was never a fan of Batista as a face, but he has the perfect physique, attitude and persona to be a monster heel. I hope he comes back

Well , I kinda see this coming.

When he left WWE , Reports indicated that he's gonna start a career in MMA which was like a joke to me and lots of people.I mean he got injured in a 13 min steel cage match in WWE how the hell he was gonna survive a real fight?

People near him always say that he is one of those people who spends as much money as he wants so we all know he will need somewhere to give him the paychecks he needs.

And now , He wants to return which i think can turn out to be great.If he returns this time , he can continue his heel work that he started before WM , which by the way was the best period in his WWE career IMO.

He also can be used to put over several young guys who need to evaluate , like what Chris Jericho did.The reason for that i think is the fact that he's not gonna be a full-time main-eventer if he returns.

He can even form tag teams or even stables and be the heart of new storylines which WWE can use at this time.

I remember Vince saying that one of the reasons for declining PPV buyrates is departure of superstars like HBK and Batista so I think WWE will definitely have no problem with Dave returning.

This is great news. I've been missing Batista around in WWE. Ever since Randy Orton turned tweener / face WWE has been lacking that hugely over heel. We got that temporarily through Batista, however it was cut short due to Batista leaving. His return would certainly be more than enough for WWE to kick it into gear with another huge heel run for Batista.

Especially considering the fact that Batista just works as a heel. He might be a hugely over face as well, especially in 2005-2006. But his heel works are simply amazing. He has the build as well as the intensity and microphone abilities to be the perfect heel. Perhaps even the best heel in a very long time.

Batista returning would be great for WWE I can only imagine. But I'm unsure what roster he should return to. On Smackdown we have the potential to fill the position of a huge main event heel, which we partially have in Kane, but not completely. On RAW we have Wade and Sheamus being on a roll. So I could imagine RAW would be the best place. But it'd be hard to throw him into a heel position on RAW. Mostly considering the fact that RAW's main event scene, most noticeably the title scene is already filled. A face returning Batista would though fill the void where Cena is most likely gonna leave people hanging. Considering he's most likely not gonna be able to work that face position he's used to. And, it would be nice seeing Batista feud with Nexus I could imagine.

But, overall Batista possibly returning to WWE is nothing but great news to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back