• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mason Ryan RAW Debut

I think he has everything to potentially be one of the top stars in the WWE in years to come. He definitely has the look, his skills are green at best but he is man enough to admit that. Even said in an interview that he didn't think he should have been FCW Champion so early on, so that shows he is not an arrogant tool. He seems to have the passion for the business that is needed to make it in the wrestling world. Having him team with someone like Punk this early in his career is the best thing for him because he will be able to learn so much from someone of Punks caliber. So yeah I see big things from Mason Ryan down the road.

This was quite the surprise for me. Well, I mean, kind of.

The fact that Cena and CM Punk didn't wrestle to a finish doesn't surprise me at all. That match is likely going all the way to WrestleMania and giving it away for free on TV is just not how the WWE goes about things. When you add that to the fact that Nexus was banned from ring-side during the match, you had to suspect that someone else was going to get involved in the match. I am not saying it was predictable, but with a bit of logic and understanding of how the WWE works, his début was on the cards from the moment that the match was announced.

That being said, it was quite interesting. When he appeared, I was quite sure that he was with The Nexus but when he attacked CM Punk, I must admit, that I was very confused. Then of course the bell rung and it all became clear in the next few moments. Personally, I didn't care for the way that he was introduced but that is just the way things go. It was smart booking to have him interfere but something that I could have guessed. As someone who has done so well in FCW, it was only a matter of time until he was the one being called up and I am glad to see him on Raw.

That being said though,. I am getting very tired of The Nexus being the only way, seemingly, for the WWE to create new stars. I mean, it is very smart of them to get these guys some experience but look at the people who have not gone into the Nexus. People like Tyler Reks and Jackson Andrews have fallen away and for good reason. The only ones who have done well are Alberto Del Rio and Daniel Bryan. I hope that Mason Ryan can find his way in the WWE after The Nexus because he looks like someone that the WWE could use right now, perhaps to fill Batista's vacated role.

He hasn't got an English Accent, it's put on like Barrett's and Regal's are. Not every Brit speaks like the queen.

But yeah, I saw him back when he was the Smackdown Warrior in ASW six months ago.
He's good! WWE are lucky to have him.

I'm reading a lot here that Mason Ryan is useless on the Mic. Whether thats true or not I dont know. But who says he even needs to get on the Mic yet?

Ever hear the phrase 'A picture is worth a thousand words'? Well this is exactly what that means! Ryan has a bad-ass look and his size and intimidation factor will do all the talking for him. CM Punk is golden on the stick, no need for the big man to take over.

This version of Nexus just became more impressive looking/Legit

It shows, as soon as I saw the guy I thought batista. Although I wasn't persuaded to look back at any of his earlier work before his debut, I was after I saw him. I'll be honest, I was very confused when he kicked Punk over only to join him a minute later. I suppose it was a way of having him enter Nexus but it wasn't a very good way to me,.

Either way, Punk's Nexus needed more guys, and in particular more mass now that Barrett's Nexus has Big Zeke, it makes sense to have a guy like him come in. Look forward to next raw now, because before that I thought Raw was very bland, but the cena and punk match was oddly the best, if not second best match to bryan and morrison. In particular Cole calling the submission Punk performed the anaconda vice, shows he truly is a tool. Unless I'm mistaken it is a Koji clutch?

He sounds scouse as well, he doesn't seem to be a good talker at all. Mind you abatista was terrible when he started and ok he was mostly terrible but he sounded good towards the end, there is hope yet...

I'm so happy, I remeber in an earlier thread about a month or so ago, i was in a debate with someone about Mason Ryan's debut and impact, they are pushing him huge, throwing him in with the New Nexus!!!! Very smart, is he a ring general? No, but either was Batista and for the most part, I think he will even more impact than Batista ever did when all is said and done.

I could honestly say he could be Batistas brother...I have never seen him wrestle or talk on the mic but I personally think with guidance from Punk he will be a very big talent on RAW.

***** from Wales, the illusion will be broken as soon as he speaks.
First things first....Fuck you.

Now moving on I think that this is a suprising and intelligent move from the WWE. I know that there are very mixed reviews on him but from what I've seen nearly everyone thinks that he should have had this opportunity and that his appearance alone will get him far.

He maybe very bad in the ring but he could get better and after all the face of the WWE (Cena) is bad in the ring so surely not too many people will bash this guy for his in-ring skills.

He may also be bad on the mic but maybe (and this is a strong maybe) his accent will help him on the mic just like Sheamus' accent helps him.

I also marked out when I saw him. I want him to be billed as the next Batista, simply because of the fact that Batista's character as the animal was amazing, and I think that Mason would play this character just as good as Batista, if the WWE lets him. Well, I think we all know that Mason will be huge in the WWE and will win a few world titles before we see the end of him.

so happy to see mason ryan in there! hopefully he'll be the next batista, only with better moves and he's straight in the main event getting a huge push as promised!
i'd like to see him turn face relatively quickly though and smash up the nexus to show that there is another coming of an animal!

I don't ever recall a Welsh WWE wrestler ever before, so that should be interesting. The man looks like Batista, and that is what his role will more than likely be. Evolution era Batista. He'll be the big man/enforcer of the group, no doubt crushing people and destroying lower card wrestlers. And I don't have a problem at all with that. It makes perfect sense for a group like Nexus to have someone like that protecting them. However they already have Harris as a big man, plus a returning Sheffield, so it may be the wrong Nexus for him to be in.

It was an odd way. When he interfered and subsequently kicked Punk in the face, I was a tad confused, until Cole/Lawler explained what was going on (the sacrifice thing). It's also a bit weird that he's being introduced into the 'New Nexus' and not Barrett's squad or even on his own. Nexus still has Sheffield, despite his status as injured. I suppose he'll be joining the other three Nexus originals and Zeke on SmackDown. Ryan did very well for himself in FCW and I can imagine him doing well on the main roster, especially if the rumours of him being the 'next Batista' are true.

I knew this guy was coming. Obviously, I didn't know when or where. WZ reported that WWE is looking to this guy as the next Batista and for obvious reasons. First off, he looks just like him. I was shocked! They could be twins.

Here is a crazy thought as to how I think WWE can use him. Since he looks so much like Batista, he can say one of three things: that Batista was his idol and inspiration and he came to get revenge on Cena for "retiring" Batista (a lot like when Batista went after HBK for retiring Flair) OR he can say that he's Batista's little brother or long-lost son and he's coming to get revenge. I think that would be neat.

Holy motherfucker bejesus. First of all, fuckin Batista, obviously.

Please dont let him talk. Very little, anyways. What is crazy is I was thinking when Nexus was approaching the ring at the beginning of the show, I was thinking to myself "They arent really that intimidating...if they had a fucking huge scary monster like Barrett's Nexus, that would be cool", and vioala, here we go.

Im sure there are all manners of people in this thread talking about how shit he is in FCW, as if that is even close to relevant in this situation. Shit, he might not even wrestle, like, ever. Just whip on ass, like he did tonight.

Any way you cut it, fucking GREAT addition. Although I didnt quite understand the whole Kick punk for no reason to join him shortly after thing.

The addition of Mason Ryan to the group was a much needed boost to the Nexus's intimidation factor. They hardly looked like a threat before ryan was added. I didn't know much about him before he debuted on RAW, so I took the liberty to check some videos of him in FCW. He's ok at best on the microphone and seemed alright inside the ring.

I think Ryan kicking Punk in the face made plenty of sense. Number one, it gave Punk the win via DQ. Number two, it could've been Ryan's and Punk's initiation. Was Punk willing to get kicked in the face by this huge man, and was Ryan willing to attack his new leader to join his group?

Overall I'm excited to see how Ryan handles his role in the Nexus, and I also think Nexus could do with another member or two. 5 just doesn't seem too menacing a number to me.

Last night i was very disappointed in his debut after it happened. But as the night rolled on, i began to realize it's better for him to be in Nexus NOW. I like 1/2 the people here marked out when i saw him. I literally jumped and said "OMG ITS BATISTA!". Then i saw his face, and i jumped again and said "ITS MASON RYAN" xD. But when Punk got the armband out of his kickpad, i was honestly disappointed. What i wished when i saw that was that he was going to kick Punk right in the face, then leave him. Then he hit his finisher on Cena. Then i was like "wow this is awesome!". It played back to something about Batista. Batista became a loner after Evolution. He had very little kayfabe friends, IF any in the WWE. Have Mason Ryan come in and lay everyone in the ring out, have the nexus come in, have him fight them off all of them on his own. That right there gives him two qualities Batista had. He'd be a loner like Batista, and he'd be a monster like Batista. And you could just go a huge route from there. Have Cena come out the next week and ask why Mason Ryan did what he did. He comes out, states he hates Cena or something because he retired his brother Batista. He could have then went on a HUGE rampage against every match Cena had, always interfere, and lay Cena out (like Batista did on their build up for Mania).

So what if he is welsh? They can just say that they have different fathers (from what i understand Batista has a sister from another father, i may not be correct) and that his father was welsh if there was any questions about that at all. And too be quite honest, if they do decide to say he is Batista's baby brother i doubt they will even mention his accent on TV when we hear it. They'll treat it like Benoit and just completely ignore it. It wouldn't even be addressed on TV IMO. This to me is a fresh storyline that they have laying in their hands. The Nexus storyline was Good back when it first started SEVEN months ago. The only way i'll be completely satisfied with this is if "The Bigger Picture" is that Batista paid off the rookies to continuously attack Cena and continue his fued with Batista.(which won't happen) so therefore as a fan, i will not be satisfied, but as a smart thinker, it was a good idea to put him in Nexus for the moment. That's just what i wish would have happened....

He's better on the mic than Batista, plus he's got an English accent which helps. Just check out some of his FCW work before you judge him; the man is an absolute beast. His look combined with above average in ring and mic skills mean spells a promising future for Mason Ryan. I completely marked out when he showed up, then again when he attacked Punk, then again when he used his finisher on Cena, and a last time when he got down to one knee for the armband. Needless to say, I think I'm a Mason Ryan mark, lol.

please die.

he is all physique no technique.

and even worse on the mic.

he will be there silent power guy enforcer and when his flaws show hell be back in fcw.

Batista? ya right in his dreams.
batista>>>>>>>>>mason ryan

I'm interested to see what happens with this kid. As Jericho tweeted last night "Bastitwo." Obviously physical similarities aside, we still don't know too much about him other than hearsay. We do know, or at least from my observation, there is obviously going to be some kind of battle of the Punk Nexus versus Classic Nexus, and there is going to have to be some kind of muscle equalizer, you have him with Punk, and Ezekiel with Barrett's team. It's so inevitable there will be a clash down the road. But, whatever may come, I'm ready with baited breath and know that whatever we thought we knew, all those rules were thrown out the window. So we should be prepared for ANYTHING at this point because all bets are off since it looks like its war between both versions of Nexus and they are getting all their ammo ready. It looks like the big guns have been selected and now that Mason Ryan has been drafted, we should get ready to see this angle elevated each week...it hopefully will get even more intense.

The man looks identical to Batista when the camera isn't directly in his face. In fact, last night as I was watching Raw I had sorta zoned out because I wasn't interested in the match. When I looked back up my honest reaction was "holy shit...did Batista just Rock Bottom John Cena!?!" For about 20 seconds I thought Big Dave had returned, and it caught me off guard because WZ hasn't mentioned anything about it. But I guess we've got this new guy, FCW Champion Mason Ryan. I'm pretty excited to see what this guys got to offer. I've been watching through some of his FCW videos, and he's not half bad. That finisher was killer, and unlike the rest of the Nexus finishers, it looked like it hurt. A lot. Only time will tell, but it's already clear that he's been aligned with the top stable in the WWE right off the bat. It's not as cool as the push the Nexus got originally, but it's not a bad way to start out your career in the WWE. I have an open mind, and I'm hoping he can do great things.

i said oh shit its batista then i saw its some guy, i can tell him mic skills will suck but i wont judge the book by its cover so ill wait but what i can judge is that crapy finisher god every uses the bedrock slam now...

please die.

he is all physique no technique.

and even worse on the mic.

he will be there silent power guy enforcer and when his flaws show hell be back in fcw.

Batista? ya right in his dreams.
batista>>>>>>>>>mason ryan

100 % accurate. This guy makes Batista look like Lou Thez in the ring. Mason is absolutely TERRIBLE in the ring.. horrendous isn't strong enough. This is noty 'hear say" as one put it above. simply go to you tube and see for your self.. I hate to bring it up but when G rilla (fat guy in nxt) punched the bag and scored the second lowest score it EXPOSED him. He really should not be a threat and that is WWE's fault as usual. When this guy is made to throw one punch or actually mix it up (even brawl) he will be exposed. FCW could no longer do anything to help him FACT... WWE are struggling more than ever before and bringing up guys this bad shows how desparate they are. Too bad, he's probably a nice guy but he simply can not pro wrestle.. even walking towards punk he seemed like the tin man after the snow storm, lol..all locked up.

I totally flipped when Mason came out. We have a little Monday Night gathering at my sisters house as my wife thinks wrestling is...well ridiculous. And My brother in law, brother and sister aren't big IWC type of fans. So I have been talking about Mason Ryan for like 3 months now. My Bro in Law is a huge Batista mark and when Ryan came out he jumped up and was like 'Holy Sh*t, Batista is back!" We had literally just been talkin about Mason during the commercial break which made it way better. But enough of my story. I think it was an excellent way to debut him as he immediately is relevant. He is a monster enforcer type in the biggest story in wrestling at the moment. Look what that did for Skip Sheffield. He became a sought after commodity. If the 'E has him come down and start demolishing people like Sheffield did with his clothesline, that in itself will put him over. I think it was a good move, and I can genuinely say I'm ready for Raw next week. I just hope his new name won't be like Mason Faith or something

The major problem with pro wrestling today is that A BIG CLOTHSLINE is all any of these guys can do.. They can not wrestle.. Their facial emotions, down to the lip quiver, lol (does everyone have to do that) is fake.. these guys are not natural.. they simply are bigger than average fcw guys that need to be used because they arent getting younger. Man, did guys like 1978 superstar grahm drink water from some special mountain? ( and billy was far more impressive then any of the mentioned guys) at least grahm could wrestle..he could move well. Look at snuka at 245, muraco steiner and on and on..If they did not move well then their size wouldve meant nothing in those era's... Today the in ring bar is so low that you can be terrible and people will still like you.

How many of you have actually took the time to watch Mason Ryan in the ring. He isn't bad in the ring he's better than Batista was IMO. That's not saying he is great but he has alot of potential and is extremely athletic and should be a very good performer given a little bit of time.

How many of you have actually took the time to watch Mason Ryan in the ring. He isn't bad in the ring he's better than Batista was IMO. That's not saying he is great but he has alot of potential and is extremely athletic and should be a very good performer given a little bit of time.

Totally agree, i've followed Mason Ryan for months now and he genuinely is better than batista in the ring just becauase he's big and asserted himself in that manner in his debut doesnt mean he's bad in the ring, he has a lot of potential and i think will go far in WWE, can see a Orton split from evolution kind of thing, Mason does something to benefit him and Nexus turn on him

As long as he doesn't speak, he should do ok. No one should be subjected to the Welsh accent. If he was trying to intimadate an opponent through speaking they'd probably just laugh.

Irish, Scottish and now a Welshman! hopefully he takes Batista's gimmick to a new level. His finisher kind of reminds of the Rock's. him and Sheamus in a tag-team would be my wrestling heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back