Batista to return - 'someday'

Status
Not open for further replies.

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Interesting interview I picked up off another website. I like how he says he didnt 'fit in'. With HBK going around the same time, Flair a year earlier, Triple H and Taker only being part-time, he was probably one of the oldest and most experienced on the full time schedule. The 'new generation' Miz, Punk, Rhodes etc probably wernt his cup of tea to hang out with on the road!!!

Highlights below:

Why He Left WWE:: Batista said he left WWE because he felt like he didn't fit in anymore. He feels like wrestling is in a bad spot right now and has gone down hill since the whole PG direction. Batista said it leaves a bad taste in his mouth and became too unbelievable & hokey. He added that the things he learned from guys like Triple H and Ric Flair, you couldn't do anymore. He said you couldn't use your tools anymore. Batista said he felt like he became disconnected from the business and became unhappy with it. He still believes in WWE as a company but there wasn't a place for him anymore.

Batista said he gave WWE about 7 months notice that he wanted to finish outright. He wanted to go out the right way and give WWE plenty of notice. That 7 months ended up turning into 9 months because they needed him longer. Batista made it clear that Vince left the door wide open for him to come back. He said he enjoys having that opportunity there to go back, if he wants.

His MMA Career That Never Got Off The Ground: He had reached out to Strikeforce while with WWE and the MMA promotion expressed interest but he didn't actually sit down with them until he left WWE. His plan was to become a profesional MMA fighter and actually had a 3-fight deal on the table with Strikeforce that would have seen him fight on CBS, Showtime and pay-per-view - all leading to a fight against Bobby Lashley. Batista cited scheduling, his movie work and financial differences, among other things, as to why the deals never worked out. They had another deal almost ready to be signed that would have sent him directly to pay-per-view to fight but his manager Cesar Gracie didn't think everything was fair. When UFC bought out Strikeforce earlier this year, the deal fell apart.

Underutilized Talent In WWE & Who Has Potential: Batista thinks WWE blew a huge opportunity by releasing Ken Anderson and was "shocked" when he got released. Batista also named Ted DiBiase Jr., Kofi Kingston and Sheamus as superstars he sees with huge potential.

Mason Ryan: He doesn't think Nexus star Mason Ryan is an attempt by WWE to copy him. He thinks Ryan is a great guy after meeting him in London and is curious to see where his career goes.

Whether He Would Return To WWE: Batista has no desire to ever work the full time schedule again, but says the door is open for him to return at some point for a final run so he can get closure on his career and officially retire. He is interested in working with WWE behind the scenes in some capacity as well.

Acting & MMA: He doesn't want to be a full-time actor and doesn't think he will ever be qualified to be one. He is also looking to continue his MMA training and eventually get a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Interesting find, thanks for posting.

They should have his "final run" as him being revealed as the RAW general manager.

Great, he can teach the younger wrestlers how to botch their spots, enarly kill someone, and still get a monster push.

Learn how to spell nearly before attempting to live up to an IWC stereotype. I've been behind Batista being the RAW GM for quite some time now and I really hope it is him, simply because it makes a lot of sense for it to be him, and he's one of the few who I could genuinely believe is the GM. A few matches here or there wouldn't hurt either, especially if he goes after John Cena for revenge purposes.

I wouldn't even know how to critique Batista... I know his Bomb looked great, he shoulder thrusted every opponent he has ever faced (3 times while after trapping them in the corner), and even if know one else did I really enjoyed his last feud with Cena.

If he wanted another run I could sit through it, I guess...

They could easily set up something shittier than a Batista program right?

he's naive to think the E isn't trying to replace him with ryan. shave ryan's head and they are exactly alike.

as far as him coming back someday; someday will have to be sooner than later. he's already 42 and really didn't look that great in his last remaining months. if he ever comes back, he's going to look like steiner. roided out muscles ontop of flabby skin.

I wouldn't even know how to critique Batista... I know his Bomb looked great, he shoulder thrusted every opponent he has ever faced (3 times while after trapping them in the corner), and even if know one else did I really enjoyed his last feud with Cena.

If he wanted another run I could sit through it, I guess...

They could easily set up something shittier than a Batista program right?

Exactly how I feel, haha. Wouldn't mind seeing a familiar face again, but I wouldn't really care one way or another.

I'm always down for a Batista return. There hardly seems to be enough established guys on the roster to help put over some of the younger, less established guys. A veteran like Batista would be great having back in the ring full time but I don’t believe that will ever happen again. It seems as if he's busy finding himself. If he does come back, it will be for the money because I believe he realizes that no one can pay him like the WWE. I'm always crossing my fingers every pay-per-view hoping his music hits and it's a disappointment it never does. Batista is one hell of a talent and can definitely teach a thing or two to the younger guys.

The way he left the company, I'm sure he will have some sorta return. And like someone said he is 42 now and I'd say if he wants to do it, get it done soon. If he comes back, I can picture a feud with Randy Orton. Playing off there past and what not. I'd like to see him put some younger guys over (Barrett, Jackson, and obviously Mason Ryan) but Dave has always been pretty full of himself. He probably wouldn't work anything but the main event.

I wouldn't mind a Batista return. I've always felt Batista was one of those guys who gets a bad rap from the IWC. The majority of the IWC thinks Batista is a jacked-up muscular idiot who can't wrestle. He was always labeled as the bulky steroid guy, but I enjoyed the majority of Batista's career. He managed to have some good and great matches with Triple H, Undertaker, and John Cena. He was a main event powerhouse. Oh, and his 2009-2010 heel run was EPIC.

Batista could have light role if he returns. He's getting up their in age, so I don't know if he could work a full-time schedule. Batista could also take on a non-wrestling role as an authority figure. I think Batista still has a good amount of value left, and I'm sure WWE would find a way to use him.

I miss that huge botch machine. He was one of my favorites despite the fact working with him was like working with an armored truck attached with nuclear missiles being piloted by a 4 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back