The Return of the Animal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Batista but with the recent loss of Edge, he could be a good face on Smackdown. Also, I really don't know who needs the other more. At this point, I'd lean to Batista needing WWE more than the other way around.

I figure he'll return to the WWE some point in the future. He still has a few years left in him. WWE would give him a good push coming back meaning lots of money.

He wont be back, that is almost sure!! But if he does, i would be very glad about that!!

He is a very good face, of course the IWC hates him because he cant do the same as John Morrison and Daniel Bryan, but i like his character and gimmick!

Righ Now the WWE needs FACES!!
Batista return is good for WWE business and bad for the WWE fans that dont like him -.-

If you asked me, should he be back now??
I dont really know!! We have Skip Sheffield in line to be the great next "monster" of the WWE...

I'd probably mark out tonight if he was 'drafted' by someone. That would be a nice shocker return. Hopefully Jericho gets back in the mix after DWTS as well.

Marco, what knowledge are you going off of that says he almost definetly won't be back? I believe that it is a perfect storm for him to return. Edge's unfortuante injury/retirement situation coupled with Batista's MMA career seemingly put on hold (or ended) would seem like a good fit.

Batista would be a great get right now in my opinion. WWE is hurting right now with not having Edge/Undertaker/Triple H and many other established stars. Bringing Batista back into the fold could only help WWE at this point.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing him back, under one condition: he continues his heel gimmick from when he left. I am shocked that the posters before me, mentioned how good of a face he is. In reality, the last year that Batista was in WWE, was some of his VERY best work. The cocky promos, the spotlight, it was good stuff. If WWE is hurting for faces and Batista comes back, make him a heel and turn Mason Ryan face. Watching those two go at it would be weird, but entertaining.

Who knows what the draft will bring tonight?????

A. Do you think a Batista return to the WWE would be likely at this point?

I think so, his other deals seem to have failed, so a return seems very likely.

B. Would the return of Batista help or hurt the WWE right now?

It would most definitely not hurt the WWE in any way. He could work well in Smackdown seeing that Edge has retired.

C. Would you like to see the return of Batista in the first place?

Hell yeah!

And to finneycom1, I remember Batista best as a heel from last year and to be honest, I've never been one to cheer for heels, but I still liked Batista regardless. I would rather see him return as a heel than face.

A. its more likly than before this happened i guess why can,t he work for UFC thou?

B.of course he,s effin batista lol hes great & can probably fill EDGES SD spot

C.ya i mean he,s talented in ring on the mike & looks like he can murder most of the ROSTER. so to awnser youres quistions Maybe,yes,& yes

I was surprised by how little I missed him at his absence. Almost forgotten about him. But he is a very solid hand to have. He would be perfect to fill the gap Edge left, for example.

I don't need to see him back, but it could be fun for a while. If he would get as red hot again as he once was I doubt, though. Also the WWE are still in their Youth Era. Batista could help elevate the next big thing.

it be really good for both parties!! batista like it or not is good at what he does... when hes a face he can get over real easy! and with the huge hole in wwe right now in the face department he would be a great addition! i mean in both shows how many ppl can really main event as a face, without having heels turn:
Orton, Cena, JoMo, Rey, Christian.... big show and kane but theyre a team right now so it doesn't count really, and if you push the envelope Kofi and Daniel Bryan, maybe Sin Cara(idk)... but truly thats only 5 people, and Rey is leaving us soon too... so WWE needs Batista as much as Batista needs WWE in my opinion. all in all i'd personally would love batista coming back, hes always been one of my all time favorites!!

Just some thoughts

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the article up on the front page. Batista isn't gonna land anymore MMA deals, well at least not for a big company. Strikeforce was bought out by UFC and they sure don't want him. Since he really has nothing else going on and likes to live a lavish lifestyle then there's a good chance he can end up back with WWE. He still has a few more years left, can give us more matches and work with the new generation.

Personally, I hope Batista doesn't return to the WWE. I haven't missed the guy at all and, frankly, I think the WWE has been better off without him. We haven't seen him in over a year and, in that time, we've seen focus put on much younger guys than Batista that are far superior to him in most ways.

If Batista did make a return and was used primarily to help get younger guys over, I wouldn't really have a problem with it. Batista still has star power but I have zero desire to see him wind up back in the main event picture.

I actually wouldnt mind seeing him back, under one condition: he continues his heel gimmick from when he left. I am shocked that the posters before me, mentioned how good of a face he is. In reality, the last year that Batista was in WWE, was some of his VERY best work. The cocky promos, the spotlight, it was good stuff. If WWE is hurting for faces and Batista comes back, make him a heel and turn Mason Ryan face. Watching those two go at it would be weird, but entertaining.

Who knows what the draft will bring tonight?????

I agree with you, i was never entertained by his character until he turned heel in the last year of his tenure at the E. He could be a very good way to put over young babyfaces.

I've never been a huge fan of Batista, but as long he didn't burn his bridge when he left WWE, I could see him coming back. He was a main eventer and with Edge forced to retire, they can use another big name.

I want Batista back to be a heel. Sure WWE is loaded with heels but I HATE Batista as a face. He needs to be a heel like he was when he left and just ride on that. He can come back just as angry and feud with Cena or Orton as an elite heel.

if wwe really brings back Batista, maybe have a proper feud with Cena. this will give Cena something to do and would keep him out of the title picture for a few months

I'M OFFICALY SPOILING THE MOMENT AND I DON'T CARE!WHAT I CARE IS GOLDBERG IS BACK AND THATS WHAT IMPORTANT TO ME AND EVERYONE RIGHT NOW NOBODY CARES ABOUT BATISTA

Hard to disagree with your logic...but don't spam these forums with that bullshit.

On-topic: Batista, I haven't missed him at all, if he came back it would mean less than nothing to me. I really wanted to see him fight in MMA because I wanted to see if he could really fight like a warrior, but I guess not.

well i would like ryan and batista o work togther for a bit maybe as tag champs build him up so ryan can use him to become the new real batista

I'm all for Batista returning. Big Dave was incredible during his final run and my God was he entertaining. WWE needs some star power right now and Batista gives that quick fix there. Sure I'm not a fan of Batista the individual, because he comes off as thinking he is better than everyone, but Batista the WWE superstar is top notch. In ring he isn't the greatest, but he can work a stick and brings instant credibility to SD and the World Heavyweight Championship.

I can say for sure that I would love Batista back. A return as a face would be awesome for Smackdown, even if Orton ends up there tonight. That way Orton could eventually turn heel again.

But yeah, I think Batista would get a huge pop if he came back at a PPV or Raw(he'd probably return at a live show).

Ohhh man that would be amazing!! Likely, despite what most people think, yes. He'd be great for WWE, especially since they'd make money off of him, and he'd make money, since he won't be fighting. This would be great for everybody. and look.

I don't really know, because the WWE doesn't need Batista. He wouldn't go to Smackdown because in earlier interviews he made controversial statements about how he disliked the concept of it being taped, and it ruined the whole "sports-entertainment" thing for him.

Well anyways, we'll have to wait and find out. I'm more excited for tonight's Raw then I was for any show this year, including WM27.

A.Do you think a batista return to the WWE would be likely at this point?

I think so. Unless he wanted to do movies, but is he getting any interest for that?

B. Would the return of batista help or hurt the WWE right now?

I think he'd be a big help. Even before Edge's departure Smackdown needed some more big names. He'd fit perfectly.

C. Would you like to see the return of Batista in the first place?

Yes. I want to see him back as the heel character he left as. I really enjoyed that.

I would be all for his return, but the only way it would make a lot of sense is if he wanted to get revenge on Cena ... and that would be an odd program right now with Cena hell bent on the WWE title and pushing the match with The Rock down our throats every week for the next 50 weeks.

Batista as a heel during his last run was very believable and extremely entertaining. While he has not always been the best in the ring, he has always worked very hard and I think that the WWE could definitely use that right now.

I suppose a Batista return is possible. I would rather not though, so that Mason can truly be pushed as the new Batista. He had an epic feud with Cena to go out on but if his fighting deal did not go through we might see a return of The Animal. He could restart his feud with Cena or go to Smackdown since they could use the extra star power. He would benefit Smackdown more than Raw. Seeing Batista and Mason in the ring at the same time could be cool but only if Mason gets pushed over Batista, as he is a future star. I don't really want Batista to return but if he does I wouldn't be fully against it as he can help make new stars, hopefully. Worst case scenario is that we get stuck with him as world champion again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back