Any Music Recommendations?

Typically, I try to explain its my opinion, mainly because some people don't understand that.

What opinion? You said it was lame, and twangy. Not exactly descriptive. And twangy? Seriously? Did you even listen to it? That's nothing like country music or twang in any way.

And then, there's those same individuals (this time, being you, X) who decide just because they don't like 'said' opinion.. they want to voice their own as if to say they know whats better or worse.

Because, quite frankly, I know damn well my taste in music is better than yours. No offense Will, I like you, but you listen to some shit music. And that's not just me saying that; the majority of bands you just listed have been panned by critics. The Pixies are one of the most acclaimed bands of the last 20 years. Seether, Theory of a Deadman, and the rest of the bands you listed are not. It's not just my opinion Will.

We can argue "oh but music is subjective" you're right, it is, but there's still signs that indicate quality music. No different from judging a film. You wouldn't say Weekend At Bernies 2 is better than Citizen Kane would you? And if you did, you wouldn't honestly expect anyone to take that opinion seriously would you? It's not meant as a slight at you, honest.

For example.. this statement by you..

Isn't really what I'd consider worth enough to wipe my ass with. Its mainly you just upset and throwing a fit over the fact that we don't agree with that band you posted.. and the, (my opinion) honestly lame song, they were playing.

Because you clearly don't. The Pixies are the Godfathers of alternative rock, and are credited with creating and popularizing the quiet-loud-quiet structure that grunge music adapted and dominated the charts with. The Pixies were probably the biggest influence on Nirvana.

What can be said about the bands you listed? Not very much. Sorry, but what you're saying is no different from saying "Elvis Presley sucks". That's your opinion, fine, but it's simply wrong.

No offense meant at all, but just because our opinion's differ.. doesn't exactly mean you're an expert in music, and I have no clue whats great and what's not.

Well from the list of bands you provided, you clearly listen to a majority of modern rock on the radio. I listen to literally every genre from trance to bluegrass to punk to gangsta rap to metal. You name it, I listen to it.

No offense Will, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I've got a better knowledge of music than you. I doubt you could name many folk-punk bands or shoegaze bands. I doubt you even know what shoegaze is.

Again, I'm seriously not trying to offend you Will, you're a cool guy and I value your opinion. Just not on music :p

[115]FalKon;1295994 said:
Led Zeppelin > The Pixies

No matter how you look at it.

I agree. But Stairway to Heaven? Come on man there are atleast 20 better Zeppelin songs, Stairway to Heaven is like saying saying "Yeah I like Nirvana, my favorite song is Smells Like Teen Spirit!"...could you have possibly picked a more overplayed and overexposed song?

I love Zeppelin though. You guys dismissing the Pixies has me laughing though.

I'm not going to get into this debate between you guys about music however I do have a question. X, how is someones opinion wrong when it's their opinion?

I'm not going to get into this debate between you guys about music however I do have a question. X, how is someones opinion wrong when it's their opinion?

So if someone had the opinion that Michael Jordan was a shitty basketball player, they wouldn't be wrong ST?

Opinions are wrong all the time.

So if someone had the opinion that Michael Jordan was a shitty basketball player, they wouldn't be wrong ST?

Opinions are wrong all the time.

The difference being statistics (facts) establish Jordan as a good basketball player, beyond reasonable question.

What facts do you have to establish the Pixies being a good band beyond reasonable question?

The difference being statistics (facts) establish Jordan as a good basketball player, beyond reasonable question.

What facts do you have to establish the Pixies being a good band beyond reasonable question?

The entire musical journalism and critic community?

It's the same thing as judging films. If someone says that Weekend At Bernies 2 is a better film than Citizen Kane, they're wrong. I don't care if it's their opinion, they are wrong.

I agree. But Stairway to Heaven? Come on man there are atleast 20 better Zeppelin songs, Stairway to Heaven is like saying saying "Yeah I like Nirvana, my favorite song is Smells Like Teen Spirit!"...could you have possibly picked a more overplayed and overexposed song?

I love Zeppelin though. You guys dismissing the Pixies has me laughing though.

Well, the maybe the reason why it is overplayed is because it is an absolute epic song! Khe Sahn by Cold Chisel is overplayed, but its basically our national anthem. Why? Cause it is such a great song like Smells Like Teen Spirit & Stairway To Heaven

The entire musical journalism and critic community?

It's the same thing as judging films. If someone says that Weekend At Bernies 2 is a better film than Citizen Kane, they're wrong. I don't care if it's their opinion, they are wrong.

Doesn't work that way. Opinions are personal and can be neither proven nor disproven in the absence of contradictory facts. Introduction to Logic 101.

Now, I agree with your overall premise here, and I think there are that facts do support the conclusion but the way you're arguing it just isn't working.

Right, I'm off to bed, sorry if I deeply offended every last one of you; that's what I'm here for. I'm your reality check, bitches.

Ya know I love ya Will.

Night X... thanks for the mini-debate

Now, lets keep this sumbitch rolling by requesting more songs?

Or watch the new Triple H adventures in the Bar Room?

well you wanted gothic/symphonic rock/metal. Leaves' Eyes

[youtube]UNgOJDL9iyQ[/youtube]

not their best song.

I enjoyed this song quite a bit at one stage

[youtube]YHWZ-mi09ZE[/youtube]

[youtube]AVHJZmd9tZg[/youtube]

Beyonce's "I am Sasha Fierce" is pretty epic. And my new jam is Miley Cyrus "Party in the USA".

Sorry for quoting you alot, but your saying interesting things. If you read a post I recently said... i kind of bashed Beyonce :blush: Not at all a big fan of the B, but Destiny's Child is a different story! :p ;)

Miley Cyrus sounds ohkay though.

[115]FalKon;1296204 said:
Sorry for quoting you alot, but your saying interesting things. If you read a post I recently said... i kind of bashed Beyonce :blush: Not at all a big fan of the B, but Destiny's Child is a different story! :p ;)

Miley Cyrus sounds ohkay though.

WHAT????????????? You have angered M_F! You shall not talk down to Beysus!!! Gurrrrr! How can you not like Beyonce?

WHAT????????????? You have angered M_F! You shall not talk down to Beysus!!! Gurrrrr! How can you not like Beyonce?

Since when did gays become angry??? :lmao: Kidding!

I am no Beyonce fan due to the lyrics. Not a fan of them at all. I am a lyrical person, the lyrics of the song either makes or breaks an artist to make it through to my iPod. However, I do like Destiny's Child... & Kelly Rowland!

Gays? Angry? You must have never went to any pop music forums. Us gays are very defensive when it comes to the artists we stan for. And you like Kelly Rowland's lyrics, but not Beyonce's? Huh? *shakes head*

Lol, we are totally different. Lyrics are second to me. I look for a sick beat, catchy hook, and lyrics I find interesting.

"It's too big, it's too wide
It's too strong, it won't fit
It's too much, it's too tough
He talk like this 'cause he can back it up

He got a big ego, such a huge ego
I love his big ego, it's too much
He walk like this 'cause he can back it up"

These lyrics are fiyah!

[YOUTUBE]PuOHjDcYyXY[/YOUTUBE]

edit: I like you even if you have bad taste. Your fun :)

Gays? Angry? You must have never went to any pop music forums. Us gays are very defensive when it comes to the artists we stan for. And you like Kelly Rowland's lyrics, but not Beyonce's? Huh? *shakes head*

Lol, we are totally different. Lyrics are second to me. I look for a sick beat, catchy hook, and lyrics I find interesting.

"It's too big, it's too wide
It's too strong, it won't fit
It's too much, it's too tough
He talk like this 'cause he can back it up

He got a big ego, such a huge ego
I love his big ego, it's too much
He walk like this 'cause he can back it up"

These lyrics are fiyah!

edit: I like you even if you have bad taste. Your fun :)

I like a nice beat too along with the lyrics, but I am not a fan of somebody who sings "a diva is a female version of a hustler" repeated over & over & over. Thats just me though.

And I have bad taste? I just like the classics of Queen, Michael Jackson & Led Zeppelin along with great modern acts like Lady GaGa, Cascada, Evanescence & Linkin Park.

EDIT: Your fun to argue with too. :)

*barfs* So Beyonce singing "a diva is a female version of a hustla" is worse than "pa pa pa poker face pa poker face?" or "this beat is fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"?

And Cascada? Oh my. lol :)

*barfs* So Beyonce singing "a diva is a female version of a hustla" is worse than "pa pa pa poker face pa poker face?" or "this beat is fun this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"?

And Cascada? Oh my. lol :)

Lady GaGa & Cascada live > Beyonce Live. Trust me, I have been to them

EDIT: Oh wait... your avatar is Beyonce. Oh crap, sorry for the Beyonce hate. I sincerely apoligise! I hate it when somebody criticises Mickie! Soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry M_F. How about I say Beyonce is ohkay, she is not too bad...

LMAO! Oh my god. No seriously. Even if I wasn't a huge Bee stan, I'd be laughing. Oh my. One of the things even Beyonce haters agree on, is that she's a great live entertainer. She would slay GaGa & Natalie with her vocals alone. Not too mention her dancing.

[YOUTUBE]KcklUgR5Alw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1Bs92H86piE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I won't even bother looking up Cascada live. Because it would not be pretty.

Beyonce slays pretty much any pop diva live.

LMAO! Oh my god. No seriously. Even if I wasn't a huge Bee stan, I'd be laughing. Oh my. One of the things even Beyonce haters agree on, is that she's a great live entertainer. She would slay GaGa & Natalie with her vocals alone. Not too mention her dancing.

I won't even bother looking up Cascada live. Because it would not be pretty.

Ohkay... I admit defeat M_F. You won the battle.

Any other suggestions?

Brad - Parkway Drive FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back