J4L Answers Music Questions

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. I work in Liverpool and let me tell you they certainly DO care about the Beatles.

THE AIRPORT IS LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT FFS!

There are exhibitions related to The Beatles, their music is everywhere. Alot of older folks still have Beatle haircuts. The band is such an important part of the history of the city, they will never be forgotten.

Now fuck off

Oh, and there were alot of talented acts in the 1960s, denying that is ridiculous. Guess Jimi and The Who were wank then?

I know, right?!

I'm glad someone else has joined the good cause, because hitting my head against this wall by myself was sure getting lonely.

I think the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Jimi Hendriks, Bob Dylan, The Who etc. etc. etc. disagree.

Oh GOD I forgot Rolling Stones, sorry for that :x
Led Zeppelin only has their prime success in the 70's and you know it.
The other ones are musicians, not bands...

Oh wait The Who were know because they like to break their instruments.

Yes it is!!! More than ever.

So Lil Wayne is romantic? Eminem is romantic? Lady Gaga is romantic?
Oh God, they are destroying the Romanticism then...

So only popular music, during the peak of music can't become overrated? Everything else is overrated? Gotcha.

Well, no, but The Beatles are named the best band ever, and I can't agree with that, because the best band ever needs to be audible to everyone, and I can't like their music, I just can't, It really is boring.

But how can this be, you said that all popular music today is better than anything that has come before it?

I never said that, I find U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Rolling Stones and Michael Jackson the bests, and they are not active bands or singers.

I enjoy Linkin Park very much, especially now since they have matured greatly and are now finally coming into their own.

This is what I like in a band, being liked by everyone and this is for me what makes a legendary band.
It is very hard to find a person that says "LP suck so bad", because they don't suck, however a lot of teens and young adults can tell you that The Beatles are boring. But maybe my sons or grandsons will make me swallow my words, this is a cycle...

That's no where close to what I've said ever. I'm sure there will eventually be a musician that will go far in music history.

Who? Justin Bieber? -.- or Lady Gaga? oww wait Tokyo Hotel...
There so many singers and bands that it is impossible to have one that stands out that much like in the old days.

That's fine. I have no issue with that at all. But you are basing your dislike for The Beatles to claim that they are overrated.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to dislike them, and since they have that category as the greatest band ever, I find them very overrated, because they aren't in my view.
They are just a product of luck I guess...

I'm not old fashion with my taste in music. Good music is good music and I don't care who sings in, what it's about or when it was recorded.

So is Justin Bieber a good music producer?

I have zero issue with you not enjoying The Beatles, but the "question was are The Beatles overrated?" not "Do you like The Beatles?" or "Are The Beatles popular today?" or "could The Beatles make it in today's music?"

Well and you can justify the decision of that question in a lot of answers, and it was what I did.
I can easily see U2 making it in Today's music, as well as Oasis and Queens, but The Beatles were going to be a garage band.

Like I've said I know that they are a Legend, but I can't find any amusement on their songs.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. I work in Liverpool and let me tell you they certainly DO care about the Beatles.

THE AIRPORT IS LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT FFS!

There are exhibitions related to The Beatles, their music is everywhere. Alot of older folks still have Beatle haircuts. The band is such an important part of the history of the city, they will never be forgotten.

Now fuck off

Oh, and there were alot of talented acts in the 1960s, denying that is ridiculous. Guess Jimi and The Who were wank then?

Their are history and they made it big, because in THE PAST, bands were like 10% in terms of quantity, so when you have little, people will love the best in what they have.
Look, remove the best bands of all time, the best singers of all time, what are you going to do? Stop listening music? I won't and we will find another one to be claimed as THE BEST!

Its how people work, I hope you get it... I don't have anything against The Beatles, I've said that I respect their cultural work and their Legend status, but I can't enjoy them, because now they look like a casual band.

Is Olafur Arnalds debut album better than Sigur Ros' first album?

This I cannot answer yet, BUT I will. I've heard Sigur Ros' first album and I do like it very much. However, I will listen to Olafur Arnalds debut album now, then get back to you.

No it isn't, they are overrated because they got big in a time that nobody cared about music, people were a lot more worried about a Third World War, now music is everywhere, and everyone can be a musician we have all the tools, sure they have more work and they battled harder to what they are, but you know not everybody hard work is paid of, yes life sucks...

Well go listen to the Beatles, they are better than anybody because they were the firsts to make something audible -.-

Come now FutureShock, I usually like your posts but these are 2 poor sweeping statements. Well, the first is poor, the second is just a flat out lie that cannot be recovered.

Nobody cared about music in the 60s? The era when they got big? ...and no-one cared? The Beatles didn't invent music!

The 50s and 60s were a period of time where Modernism was coming to an end, and Post-Modernism (which we are currently in) began. The key features of PM are that everything began to be questioned and crossover of cultural artefacts became more prevalent, such as Andy Warhol the pop-art artist started doing album cover designs for bands such as The Rolling Stones and The Beatles. The Beatles, while perhaps not the epicenter of the movement, were dam close to it and were perceived as ground-breaking at the time, but the idea that people just listened to them to distract themselves from World War Three is absurd.

Final thing, while not a big fan of The Beatles, they made catchy timeless pop-songs that are still enjoyable to this day by all people of all ages, no chance the same will be able to be said about Linkin Park.

Come now FutureShock, I usually like your posts but these are 2 poor sweeping statements. Well, the first is poor, the second is just a flat out lie that cannot be recovered.

Nobody cared about music in the 60s? The era when they got big? ...and no-one cared? The Beatles didn't invent music!

The 50s and 60s were a period of time where Modernism was coming to an end, and Post-Modernism (which we are currently in) began. The key features of PM are that everything began to be questioned and crossover of cultural artefacts became more prevalent, such as Andy Warhol the pop-art artist started doing album cover designs for bands such as The Rolling Stones and The Beatles. The Beatles, while perhaps not the epicenter of the movement, were dam close to it and were perceived as ground-breaking at the time, but the idea that people just listened to them to distract themselves from World War Three is absurd.

Final thing, while not a big fan of The Beatles, they made catchy timeless pop-songs that are still enjoyable to this day by all people of all ages, no chance the same will be able to be said about Linkin Park.

With that you got me...
Okay, I admit maybe Beatles are not overrated, maybe just a little bit.

Really J4L? What do you know about music? Seriously, do you know something about music or you just like it?

For example what can you tell me about the importance and structure about progression in bands like Dream Theater, King Crimson and the paralelism that is with progression in classical music?

BTW: Beatles overrated? Have you ever heard their complete discography?

Rev, are you able to tell me your thoughts on your own question, or are you just asking it to make yourself look smart?

Oh GOD I forgot Rolling Stones, sorry for that :x
Led Zeppelin only has their prime success in the 70's and you know it.
The other ones are musicians, not bands...

I wasn't sure if they could be considered or not, but for the sake of this confersation, I'll exclude them from the list as we are strictly talking about band.

Oh wait The Who were know because they like to break their instruments.

If that is the sole reason why you know of The Who, then you really have zero appreciation for music.

So Lil Wayne is romantic? Eminem is romantic? Lady Gaga is romantic?
Oh God, they are destroying the Romanticism then...

You cannot tell me that there are no songs about love or emotion from Lil Wayne, Eminem and Gaga. Most music today all share the same few themes: love, hate, banging bitches.

Well, no, but The Beatles are named the best band ever,

By who? Certainly not by me.

and I can't agree with that, because the best band ever needs to be audible to everyone, and I can't like their music, I just can't, It really is boring.

Keep this in mind.

I never said that, I find U2, Oasis, Nirvana, Rolling Stones and Michael Jackson the bests, and they are not active bands or singers.

Nirvana isn't nearly as great as most people claim, and U2 is hit and miss. So they cannot be bands you consider the best because you JUST said:

because the best band ever needs to be audible to everyone

If a band has to be liked by everyone to be considered the best, then there will never be a band that will be "the best."

But, this is not what we are discussing. Again, the question that YOU ASKED is "are The Beatles overrated?" NOT "Do you like The Beatles?" or "Are The Beatles popular now as they were in the 60s?"

You asked the damn question, so why are you so confused by it.

This is what I like in a band, being liked by everyone and this is for me what makes a legendary band.

Again, I like Linkin Park, but they are far from Legendary. And the music that Linkin Park produces now is alot more meaningful than anything from their first two albums.

I also would like to point out that, again you said that a band has to be popular by EVERYONE in order for it to be considered the best or "legendary"

It is very hard to find a person that says "LP suck so bad", because they don't suck, however a lot of teens and young adults can tell you that The Beatles are boring. But maybe my sons or grandsons will make me swallow my words, this is a cycle...

What are you arguing? Are the Beatles overrated? or are The Beatles popular today?

Who? Justin Bieber? -.- or Lady Gaga? oww wait Tokyo Hotel...
There so many singers and bands that it is impossible to have one that stands out that much like in the old days.

It very well could be any of those, just as much as it could be someone who hasn't yet made it. We have no idea where their music will take them or where music will even be in the future.

In order to stand out, you have to be different. Alot of today's music is cut from the same cloth.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to dislike them, and since they have that category as the greatest band ever, I find them very overrated, because they aren't in my view.
They are just a product of luck I guess...

I know that The Beatles isn't for everyone, especially today's generation, and that's fine. Honest.

Whoever put them as the greatest band ever did so because that is their opinion. Much like in your opinion, The Beatles are boring. Just like my opinion is that The Beatles are not overrated.

Your opinions just happen to be wrong.

So is Justin Bieber a good music producer?

I'm not a fan of his, but clearly he's doing something write to be in the successful position that he is in.

Well and you can justify the decision of that question in a lot of answers, and it was what I did.
I can easily see U2 making it in Today's music, as well as Oasis and Queens, but The Beatles were going to be a garage band.

I can't.

Like I've said I know that they are a Legend, but I can't find any amusement on their songs.

Then how can they be music legends? Remember, you said:

If you don't like them, how can they be legendary?

According to you, a band must be liked to everyone to fall into that category.

If you're going to pick an position, stick with it and don't contradict yourself.

Not at all man, I mean this is a question I asked to someone who study music, so he can answer. Honestly I don't know, but since you "know" about music...

I can try, really, because that's the difference between music and chef d'oeuvres. Basically if you listen towards the progression that DT has in their music you can compare it to classical music, not every song of course, but there are a couple of specially in "Systematic chaos" where the tempos have a sudden cut that alouds to have a twist in the structure of the song itself. You see/hear some of this in System of a Down, believe it or not. Now I don't have solid examples of pieces of classical music, becuase I don't know so much about music that isn't rock (that's why I don't make any threads where people ask me about music).

Ok J4l, there, I give it a shot. I've got a couple of questions to you: what do you think about the genre blues rock? Your thoughts on The Kills and do you like tango?

EDIT:I got another one that I asked a long time ago on the music section, do you think that Maiden with their last couples of albums, specially the last one, are going to a more progressive rock sound instead of their classic NWOBHM sound?

Blues Rock? I like it. Actually, I was playing GH: Warriors Of Rock earlier and they classed Cryin' by Aerosmith as "Blues Rock" and that's one of my favourite songs.

The Kills - love them. Alison Mosshart is a wonder to me.

Tango - Not bad, it's something I enjoy playing when I have a Classical Guitar to hand.

Iron Maiden - Yes, I do believe they were going for a more Prog Rock sound, especially when it comes to The Final Frontier. Listening to their older Music, it's obviously a lot more Heavy Metal, with these thundering Guitar Riffs. Not to say we still don't have that in the Music, but there's definitely that Prog-gy sound in the songs.

I admit I only barely read any of this, but did someone say something about Linkin Park vs The Beatles? I don't like The Beatles, like, at all. But if someone said Linkin Park was better then they need to be sterilized immediately.

Who's better? Alter Bridge or Altered Images?

What's your favourite type of saxophone? Mine's Alto.

I admit I only barely read any of this, but did someone say something about Linkin Park vs The Beatles? I don't like The Beatles, like, at all. But if someone said Linkin Park was better then they need to be sterilized immediately.

That would be FutureshockWWE.

You can't be THAT suprised that that garbage came from him though right?

I will admit again, I've never heard of any of them.

However, like with Dowds question, over this weekend, I will listen to Bands related to said questions and then come back to answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back