J4L Answers Music Questions

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
Right, I'll see if this takes off. (It won't, I know that). But like KB & now Lee have their Threads, I though I'd try a Music one out.

I like to think I've got a very large taste in musical genres. So, if you got any questions you wanna ask, then hit me.

Questions on Songs, Artists, Albums, Concerts etc are all welcomed.

I'll probably get shit for it, but yes.

I've never really enjoyed most of their music and never thought it was just that, "great". Don't get me wrong, I love that kind of Music, but there was never anything between me & The Beatles. I love Oasis, who are obviously heavily influenced by them, but still, nothing. There's a few songs I can listen to; Hey Jude, Sgt. Pepper etc, but that's about it. I do believe there was a lot of fuss made over them for nothing. Give me the Rolling Stones anyday.

Actually I agree with you, and since we are talking about overrated singers and bands, what do you think about Elvis Presley,overrated?

I've never really enjoyed most of their music and never thought it was just that, "great". Don't get me wrong, I love that kind of Music, but there was never anything between me & The Beatles. I love Oasis, who are obviously heavily influenced by them, but still, nothing. There's a few songs I can listen to; Hey Jude, Sgt. Pepper etc, but that's about it. I do believe there was a lot of fuss made over them for nothing. Give me the Rolling Stones anyday.

One question in and you've already proven that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I like Elvis actually. His Music for me is interesting. Not all of it is brilliant, but no Artist's ever 100% perfect. Compared to The Beatles though, Elvis is a bit more of an inspiration to me.

Do I think he's overrated? Probably, but most mega-stars from years ago are nowadays, because we don't produce music like that anymore, do we? But Elvis is definitely a good artist in my eyes.

Actually there are a lot of people that doesn't like The Beatles, especially the new generation...
Me and J4L are 17, we don't care about The Beatles and comparing him to the variety of songs and singers, they look like a casual band...
There is no way that they could be as great as they once were today in the 21st century

Actually there are a lot of people that doesn't like The Beatles, especially the new generation...
Me and J4L are 17, we don't care about The Beatles and comparing him to the variety of songs and singers, they look like a casual band...
There is no way that they could be as great as they once were today in the 21st century

There is no comparing the mainstream music of today's generation to the talent in older music.

The question was are the Beatles overrated, you pretty much answered yes because I don't enjoy their music, and then you said the youth of today doesn't like older music, which is unfortunatley true.

That being said, there will be a time where Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and eventually even John Cena won't be an big of a name in the world of wrestling, but there will still be no denying the impact they have had on wrestling. The same applies for the Beatles in music.

There is no comparing the mainstream music of today's generation to the talent in older music.

The question was are the Beatles overrated, you pretty much answered yes because I don't enjoy their music, and then you said the youth of today doesn't like older music, which is unfortunatley true.

That being said, there will be a time where Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and eventually even John Cena won't be an big of a name in the world of wrestling, but there will still be no denying the impact they have had on wrestling. The same applies for the Beatles in music.

They are overrated because they were from a time that music wasn't as big as it is now.
They are legends we all know them, but as far as their music goes, it's not that good...
I was only talking about their music, not their Legendary Status.

They will never be forgotten, and SCSA for instance is still better than almost 95% of the actual roster, and if he was starting now as the rattle snake, people would still love him.

What's the best Arctic Monkeys album?

Bear in mind that there is only one wrong answer, so you have some wriggle room.

They are overrated because they were from a time that music wasn't as big as it is now.They are legends we all know them, but as far as their music goes, it's not that good...
I was only talking about their music, not their Legendary Status.

They will never be forgotten, and SCSA for instance is still better than almost 95% of the actual roster, and if he was starting now as the rattle snake, people would still love him.

You know that rep rep I gave you earlier today? I wish I saved it for this right here.

What's the best Arctic Monkeys album?

Bear in mind that there is only one wrong answer, so you have some wriggle room.

"Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not."

Hands down. It's got the best set of songs on it for me, the best feel and definitely some of the best song-writing to go with it. Also, this was a time when I feel the Monkeys were at their best. Then "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was pretty decent, had a few good numbers on it. I'm still undecided about whether or not I like "Humbug" & "Suck It & See". I feel as though "Suck It & See" is better than "Humbug", but that's just my opinion.

You know that rep rep I gave you earlier today? I wish I saved it for this right here.

Am I lying?
Name me bands in the early 60's that you know despite of the Beatles.
And after that name me bands from the 21st Century and tell me where can you find more singers?

If you think that The Beatles could become legends by playing in the 21st Century, than I think that you need to work a little bit more on your Music Knowledge, because if you believe in that, you have zero knowledge of it.

WTF Linkin Park vs The Beatles? Who is better?

"Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not."

Hands down. It's got the best set of songs on it for me, the best feel and definitely some of the best song-writing to go with it. Also, this was a time when I feel the Monkeys were at their best. Then "Favourite Worst Nightmare" was pretty decent, had a few good numbers on it. I'm still undecided about whether or not I like "Humbug" & "Suck It & See". I feel as though "Suck It & See" is better than "Humbug", but that's just my opinion.

That was the only wrong answer. I'll never get why people like it. It's so one-dimensional. My favourite is Humbug. Not only does it have better lyrics than any other Arctic Monkeys album, it's also different. WPSIATWIN could be made by any indie band which emerged in the mid-2000s. I haven't heard anything like Humbug from any British band for a long time.

True, but there's something about their 1st Album, (granted, yes, it could've been written by any Indie Band from that time) that is just THE Arctic Monkeys. That's what I remember when you say the Band name. I immediately think of I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor, or When The Sun Goes Down, etc. That whole album is full of great song after great song. How you don't like it is a shock to me. Humbug's allright, but I have to say, Favourite Worst Nightmare is my 2nd.

Am I lying?
Name me bands in the early 60's that you know despite of the Beatles.
And after that name me bands from the 21st Century and tell me where can you find more singers?

Being able to list more bands or musicians from the 60s compared to today has NOTHING to do with how successful or big music is now compared to them.

Most bands/musicians today have half of he talent of a band in the 60s like The Beatles.

If you think that The Beatles could become legends by playing in the 21st Century, than I think that you need to work a little bit more on your Music Knowledge, because if you believe in that, you have zero knowledge of it.

For someone who asked the original question - are The Beatles overrated - you sure don't have a good grasp on the very question you asked.

Would The Beatles' style of music make it today? No. But doesn't automatically make them overrated. If that was the case, everything but mainstream music would be overrated, which is clearly what you think.

WTF Linkin Park vs The Beatles? Who is better?

JUST BECAUSE A BAND IS POPULAR TODAY DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE BETTER THAN A BAND FROM THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!

The Beatles or Katy Perry? Who is better?

Being able to list more bands or musicians from the 60s compared to today has NOTHING to do with how successful or big music is now compared to them.

Most bands/musicians today have half of he talent of a band in the 60s like The Beatles.

Ring Ring, The Beatles are the only talent band in the 60's...
And music now isn't only romantic and sad songs, music evolved they were only part of the past and I can see Michael Jackson and Elvis being way more important than The Beatles in the music industry.

Would The Beatles' style of music make it today? No. But doesn't automatically make them overrated. If that was the case, everything but mainstream music would be overrated, which is clearly what you think.

No it isn't, they are overrated because they got big in a time that nobody cared about music, people were a lot more worried about a Third World War, now music is everywhere, and everyone can be a musician we have all the tools, sure they have more work and they battled harder to what they are, but you know not everybody hard work is paid of, yes life sucks...

JUST BECAUSE A BAND IS POPULAR TODAY DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE BETTER THAN A BAND FROM THE PAST!!!!!!!!!!!

The Beatles or Katy Perry? Who is better?

Actually I go with The Beatles, because the only thing I can found interesting in Katty Perry is her breasts...
Well go listen to the Beatles, they are better than anybody because they were the firsts to make something audible -.-

Heck I don't think that guys from Liverpool care about The Beatles music anymore.
And Linkin Park are not popular, they are a GOOD BAND, or just the PAST BANDS can be GOOD?
The only thing that you can say is that in the 21st Century it is impossible to create legends and music icons, and that his true, because like I've said, almost everyone can be a musician...
Also it all depends on tastes, and I find The Beatles well poor in terms of music.

You are a very old fashion guy in music I get it, but you should also know that everyone is entitled to have their opinion, and as far as I see mine is very plausible and J4L agrees with me and i'm 100% sure that he is not the only one

Just a thing about Linkin Park.

They're an "ok" band. Their older music, where songs like "Numb" were involved were absolutely brilliant, a great listen. Nowadays, songs like "The Catalyst" don't interest me. I know it's LP going down a different avenue, but it really didn't work. I can't listen to Numb without going "Oh, now they're a bit of an abomination".

I think the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Jimi Hendriks, Bob Dylan, The Who etc. etc. etc. disagree.

And music now isn't only romantic and sad songs, music evolved they were only part of the past and I can see Michael Jackson and Elvis being way more important than The Beatles in the music industry.

Yes it is!!! More than ever.

No it isn't, they are overrated because they got big in a time that nobody cared about music, people were a lot more worried about a Third World War, now music is everywhere, and everyone can be a musician we have all the tools, sure they have more work and they battled harder to what they are, but you know not everybody hard work is paid of, yes life sucks...

So only popular music, during the peak of music can't become overrated? Everything else is overrated? Gotcha.

But you do see how stupid your point is, right? And trust me, that is exactly what you are saying.

Actually I go with The Beatles, because the only thing I can found interesting in Katty Perry is her breasts...

But how can this be, you said that all popular music today is better than anything that has come before it?

Well go listen to the Beatles, they are better than anybody because they were the firsts to make something audible -.-

... Oh, boy...

Heck I don't think that guys from Liverpool care about The Beatles music anymore.
And Linkin Park are not popular, they are a GOOD BAND, or just the PAST BANDS can be GOOD?

I enjoy Linkin Park very much, especially now since they have matured greatly and are now finally coming into their own.

The only thing that you can say is that in the 21st Century it is impossible to create legends and music icons, and that his true, because like I've said, almost everyone can be a musician..

That's no where close to what I've said ever. I'm sure there will eventually be a musician that will go far in music history.

Also it all depends on tastes, and I find The Beatles well poor in terms of music.

That's fine. I have no issue with that at all. But you are basing your dislike for The Beatles to claim that they are overrated.

You are a very old fashion guy in music I get it, but you should also know that everyone is entitled to have their opinion, and as far as I see mine is very plausible and J4L agrees with me and i'm 100% sure that he is not the only one

I'm not old fashion with my taste in music. Good music is good music and I don't care who sings in, what it's about or when it was recorded.

I have zero issue with you not enjoying The Beatles, but the "question was are The Beatles overrated?" not "Do you like The Beatles?" or "Are The Beatles popular today?" or "could The Beatles make it in today's music?"

They are not overrated at all. Most of their material does nothing for me, and that is coming from a HUGE Oasis fan, a band who were hugely influenced by the Beatles.

They were completely different to anything that had come before them, they were the original by band, they have influenced more musicians that probably any other band ever, and the fact that they are still incredibly popular today, several generations later, show their immense impact.

You may not like them, i dont really either, but there is no way their influence can be understated. Without The Beatles there would be no Oasis, which would be a travesty.

Disappointed in you J4L, go back to prison! :disappointed:

Just a thing about Linkin Park.

They're an "ok" band. Their older music, where songs like "Numb" were involved were absolutely brilliant, a great listen. Nowadays, songs like "The Catalyst" don't interest me. I know it's LP going down a different avenue, but it really didn't work. I can't listen to Numb without going "Oh, now they're a bit of an abomination".

YOU INFURIATE ME!!!

This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. I work in Liverpool and let me tell you they certainly DO care about the Beatles.

THE AIRPORT IS LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT FFS!

There are exhibitions related to The Beatles, their music is everywhere. Alot of older folks still have Beatle haircuts. The band is such an important part of the history of the city, they will never be forgotten.

Now fuck off

Oh, and there were alot of talented acts in the 1960s, denying that is ridiculous. Guess Jimi and The Who were wank then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back