An analysis on why nobody read Rayne's analysis of the election

Me.

I thought the point about individuality versus a group dynamic in this thread was beyond clear, hence the people responding with one line replies designed to get their buddies to rep them.

Apathy means you don't care. When I don't care, I find something I do care about. And yet you're sitting here, repeatedly telling everyone about how little you care about what you're doing, and still talking about me.

I don't think that word means what you think it does. Antagonism would be the word you'd want, but then again, it wouldn't tell everyone how little you care and how cool that is.
You're doing the exact same thing, dipshit. You keep responding to me after saying you didn't gave two shits about what I have to say. And clearly you care more than I do as your posts have been significantly longer than mine.

Is this thread really to the point where people are making posts to show how much they don't care? I lost track a while ago.

You're doing the exact same thing, dipshit. You keep responding to me after saying you didn't gave two shits about what I have to say. And clearly you care more than I do as your posts have been significantly longer than mine.
I don't believe I've ever said that I don't care about this thread. I can assure you that if you believe I did, that you misinterpreted my statement. I'm here. I'm not trying to play the "I'm too cool to care game", haven't been, and for the thousandth time, am not interested in competing in that arena.

I said I had no respect for your opinion. That doesn't mean I'm still not going to fuck around with you.

And me not caring about you as a poster (outside of this thread) doesn't mean I'm not going to fuck around with you.

Now that that's cleared up, want to go for a smoothie?

Is this thread really to the point where people are making posts to show how much they don't care? I lost track a while ago.

At one point Rayne and I were talking about how to judgement and values vs. belief systems and what not, but then he made a comment about how I was going to pretend not to care to look cool, and it somehow spiraled out of control from there.

Not that this thread should have ever reached a point where such things were being discussed, but I suppose it happens.

I apologize for contributing to that pile of smelly shit.

Let's back to the real issues at hand, such as Brodus Clay's skid marks.

And me not caring about you as a poster (outside of this thread) doesn't mean I'm not going to fuck around with you.
But I've never tried to pretend I was too cool for the discussion. You've given up that tack now that I've called you out on it. Good for you.

EDIT: Wait, no. You're back to it. Never mind.

JGlass, you made an attack thread in a different forum designed for shit talking after I made a thread that, well, pretty much called you out for being a whiny bitch during the election. I attacked you back, and posters whom are generally respected here posted in my favor. The next thing I know, you're talking about olive branches and peace overtures.

Most boards I visit, when you make a separate thread about someone in a no-rules section, you're looking to start shit. When it became clear you weren't going to get a universal group condemnation of me, you tried to calm the situation down. When I said I wasn't interested in peace on those terms, you tried to turn it into a battle about me caring too much.

Everything you have done in this thread is emblematic of someone who politics for people instead of relying on the strength of his own convictions. It's a charge I've leveled at a lot of people in this thread, because I think a lot of the bar room rats qualify for it. We're past 200 posts now with me all but begging someone to demonstrate that I'm wrong, and until he started on the whole internet psychologist bit, George Steele's Barber was the only one trying to escape reliance on the group dynamic and support from the regulars. (To be fair to him, even that wasn't an appeal to the group.)

Rayne, I actually care very much about what you think of me. And I am very sad that you do not respect my opinion. I only hope that the forum regulars will give me a box of Kleenex to control my rapid tears.

Is that what you were looking for?

...not really, but I get that the point about playing to a group by pretending you're too cool for the discussion has gone right the fuck over your head, attempts at sarcasm notwithstanding.

THAT wasn't what I was looking for either, but I suppose I'll have to settle.

I like the way you appear to legitimately believe that people on the internet are afraid of you.

I'm coming around to the idea that you are actually unaware of who I am; shifting your accusations out of ******ed territory and into good old fashioned ignorance. As such I'll cut you a quick break before I return to my game of 'poke monkey with a stick'.

Over the course of half a decade I've cultivated an almost universally accepted reputation of being one of the most eloquent, well spoken and intelligent posters ever to grace this wretched hive of scum and villainy. My quote unquote buddies (about three people) consider me an amazing poster. People I've never spoken to consider me an amazing poster. People who can't stand me and gather in private groups to complain about what a cunt I am concede that I am still one of the site's best posters.

I say this not to stroke my e-penis (I have people for that) but simply to explain to you why your repeated assertion that I am a bad poster who is too intimidated to deal with you is being met almost universally with laughter from the wings.

The reason I am not taking the time to actually deal with you is in part because JGlass has already done it, but primarily because you are the dictionary definition of 'not worth my time'.

I'm not going to waste time, energy or intellect trying to have a stimulating discourse with somebody who is going to be impervious to reason, who is going to openly refuse to consider any argument that contradicts his pre-existing conclusion and who is inevitably going to run around in circles declaring victory regardless of any amount of evidence to the contrary. To summarize: I know your type and you're beneath me.

How do I know this? Simple.

If somebody mocks you it can only be bacause they are so bitter about your obvious superiority.

If somebody disagrees with you it can only be because they are either stupid or trying to ******e their friends.

If the consensus falls against you it can only be because of a sinister group dynamic dedicated to the persecution of people like you.

If a top quality poster is disinclined to debate with you then it can only be because he is cowering in fear of you.

Despite being one-hundred percent ignorant of the group dynamic here, and equally in the dark regarding the motivation of each and every person here you have still managed to draw iron cast and invariably self-aggrandising conclusions on every subject that you don't understand. Attempts by people to explain your inaccuracies have essentially been met with the old 'nananana I'm not listening' gambit. That's why it is so easy to write you of as not worth taking seriously, because there is absolutely no prospect of you actually acknowledging anything that anybody has to say if it contradicts your world view. You are right; everybody and anybody who disagrees with you is wrong, stupid and probably just trying to spite you.

Since there's no prospect of having an actual discussion with you, and since the only accusation you've made against me are ones that nobody agrees with I cannot find any motivation to engage in a six hour multiquote war with you. I'm sure I could repeatedly break down everything you say highlighting contractions and hypocrisy in a futile effort to humiliate you, but what exactly would be the point? I can achieve almost exactly the same end result by simply poking you with a stick and letting you do all of the rest of the work for me, saving myself considerable time and effort.

Now believe it or not that was me giving you a break.

Or of course this could all be an elaborate ruse set about in order to cover my own intimidation. I'm sure you'll draw your own conclusion.

I'm afraid you are entirely wrong on your psychological breakdown. You were actually sounding pretty smart until you did the whole internet psychologist bit, framing of the comment notwithstanding.

I'm not trying to do the internet psychologist bit. I'm trying to be my best Tim Tebow.

Right now is the offseason, I'm selling custom equipment for a seasonal sport. A lot of the work that I'm doing involves making art on the computer, so this thread has really been a welcome diversion from all of that. And a pretty easy one, I alt-tab over.

It sounds like you have a job that takes a great deal of creativity. How does this thread affect your creativity? I enjoy the creative process, but I don't get to do much of it in my career. However, I find that any distraction is a detriment to most of the work I do and especially to the creative stuff.

Up until the snowfall the Northeast just had, I was actually having the opposite problem. I'm offering a service (custom photography on frisbees for disc golf) which simply isn't offered anywhere else. I had to come to an agreement with my main distributor to slow down their promotion so I wouldn't start turning out disappointing, low quality product and hence shoot myself in the foot that way.

This sounds like a good problem to have. However, I recommend not disappointing your customers. They can very easily take their business to an operation with more resources. The customer could also provide the other business with a description of the framework of what you do and ultimately that other business could end up doing similar work cheaper or better than yours. Did you consider taking on another employee or find some volunteer help? There are a lot of people around here that have mentioned an interest in work that sounds similar to yours (to be honest I don't understand half the stuff around here involving computer. I just figured out how to multi-quote).

While that gets going, I have the cash from the sale of my previous business to support me, as well as a part-time job I keep for the virtually free health insurance. (It would cost me $550 a month to quit that job, and with mandatory health insurance in my state, I'm kinda boned there.) While I am by no means rich, I am comfortable.

I always keep about 8 to 10 months of expense in cash in case of emergency. Thank God I haven't had to touch it yet. What kind of part-time job pays health insurance? Sounds like a nice hook up.

So, while I thank you for the advice, I advise you that it is completely unnecessary. Those times when I don't post on the boards for a few weeks, that's when I'm busy, not when I become active for a couple of days to poke the sores of people whiny and pissy because a guy they don't like is going to be responsible for cleaning up spam posts in the WWE section.

If that's what you do, that's what you do. Certainly some of those people like to poke at others sores of others as well. I just think little has been accomplished from it and someone who speaks so much about using one's brain and hard work would be above it.

Finally! Mr. Bold Sniper From The Bushes speaks!
I like the way you appear to legitimately believe that people on the internet are afraid of you.
Not of me. Afraid of being exposed as unconfident and reliant on their peers, yes.
I'm coming around to the idea that you are actually unaware of who I am; shifting your accusations out of ******ed territory and into good old fashioned ignorance. As such I'll cut you a quick break before I return to my game of 'poke monkey with a stick'.
See, every exposure I've had of you is of someone who snipes at people from a distance, talks about how great of a poster he is, yet never takes a stand of his own requiring him to defend an unpopular idea. I don't have time to research the posting habits of everyone on the internet I get in a back-and-forth with, and honestly, anyone who does have that kind of time is pretty fucking pathetic.

So I'll forgive you for not understanding that people base their impressions upon what they see, and not what people tell you about themselves.
Over the course of half a decade I've cultivated an almost universally accepted reputation of being one of the most eloquent, well spoken and intelligent posters ever to grace this wretched hive of scum and villainy. My quote unquote buddies (about three people) consider me an amazing poster. People I've never spoken to consider me an amazing poster. People who can't stand me and gather in private groups to complain about what a cunt I am concede that I am still one of the site's best posters.
Yeah. I have people who rep me too, and I can attest that the feeling is far from universal as to your reputation. I get that people consider you an amazing poster, because the standards for what are considered an amazing poster where you choose to post are staggeringly low.
I say this not to stroke my e-penis (I have people for that) but simply to explain to you why your repeated assertion that I am a bad poster who is too intimidated to deal with you is being met almost universally with laughter from the wings.
I never thought you were too intimidated to deal with me. I thought that the way you would deal with me was by taking cheap pot shots, pretending you don't care (you've promised to go back to not caring after your post, go figure), and appealing to a group to reinforce how amazing you are.

Thus far, you have said nothing that would cause me to reconsider my opinion of you, and are doing a fantastic job of reinforcing those. Tell me again about how other people are laughing at me because they think you're so awesome. That's been my whole point- without reliance on that, you ain't shit, kid.
The reason I am not taking the time to actually deal with you is in part because JGlass has already done it, but primarily because you are the dictionary definition of 'not worth my time'.
Too cool for the room, still have to let everyone know about it. I get it, that's the point I've been making for a long, long time now.
If somebody mocks you it can only be bacause they are so bitter about your obvious superiority.

If somebody disagrees with you it can only be because they are either stupid or trying to ******e their friends.
Not at all. That's just what's going on here. There are many reasons to disagree with or mock someone.
If the consensus falls against you it can only be because of a sinister group dynamic dedicated to the persecution of people like you.
No, the group dynamic is dedicated to the reinforcement of people with low self-esteem. Pay attention.
If a top quality poster is disinclined to debate with you then it can only be because he is cowering in fear of you.
When have you ever, ever given me any opportunity to believe otherwise?

The rest of your post was pretty much the same bullshit. "You don't know me, you only know how I act." But you say that's giving me a break. I don't need a break from you. I'd like to see Gelgarin full bore. I imagine it relies on a lot more talk about how disinterested he is, how so many people around here respect him (yay?), and general reliance on acting cool as opposed to making real points pointing out the contradictions in my argument.

If you think I'm wrong about the group dynamic, it's been over 200 posts now of people reinforcing my opinion. There are plenty of "top quality posters" who thought my initial mention of that dynamic in this thread was spot-on, if the only measuring stick you know is what other people think about you.

George- what I'm doing today is really, really boring shit- making geometric designs that look pretty when they fly, but sell quickly. Nothing creative is going on today, so this thread is actually a welcome diversion.

As far as not turning out poor-quality product, you don't have to tell me that. This is a custom job I did for a woman for a Valentine's Day gift, taken from her boyfriend's favorite picture of her:
404551_360486647300929_100000187902273_1612937_1925763729_n.jpg

Which was part of a three-disc set. I've got photos to go through tomorrow that are up at the pro shop I sell much of my stuff through for two more jobs... but I don't think they'll be as fun as this job was.

Here's one I think I posted here before (business, I post this shit all over) that might appeal more to the popular topic of discussion here:
395082_360079714008289_100000187902273_1612070_1609420018_a.jpg

I have women sending me topless photos and paying me to make artwork on them, so people have to understand I'm a particularly tough target to bring down right now.

Well fuck, the last five pages have been entertaining. Personal analysis: Rayne's did a better job arguing his opinion than JGlass. I don't know Gelgarin, and before his post stating how legendary he is, I had no idea of his reputation. Thus, I have to say that I don't find it impressive to say how amazing you are at posting and dissecting arguments, only to say afterwards that someone who is blatantly challenging you isn't worth the time and that you'll take it easy on them due to your benevolence.

Honest question to Gelgarin - If Rayne isn't worth addressing at your fullest, who is? I would understand if you acted this way towards BieberHole69, but in terms of quality posters in which to debate with, you're not going to find significantly better than Rayne.

Anyone who either

a) Posts something of interest to me that I feel compelled to comment upon or refute.

or

b) I have reason to believe is going to listen to and consider whatever I say.

In other words I'm not going to bang my head against the wall on an uninteresting subject (let me remind you that the entire subject I was brought in to discuss was the claim 'Gelgarin is a bad poster and scared of Rayne') for the benefit of somebody who has already made their mind up. It's a waste of my time; I'd rather have round two-hundred-and-thirty-seven with KB over the intrinsic merit of TNA. There is literally nothing I could post which would be accepted; which makes addressing the subject exactly as worth while as debating something with BieberHole.

Eloquence is not a measure of quality, nor is verbosity. If it were then Norcal would be one of the weaker posters on the board and Will would have been crowned supreme high overlord years ago. I judge posters based on their ability to reason, to communicate interesting ideas and to debate outside of the confines of desperately trying to "win". Throughout this thread Rayne has failed on all three counts.

Oh, and for the record, you've got your time line backwards.

If your intent was to get people to not read what you have to say, then the way to achieve that goal is by not posting anything at all. So even in this example, your criteria is not valid, because it still does not achieve that which you are looking to accomplish.

No, my intention was to create a POST nobody would read. I can't help but feel this is rapidly spiraling nowhere.

Well fuck, the last five pages have been entertaining. Personal analysis: Rayne's did a better job arguing his opinion than JGlass. I don't know Gelgarin, and before his post stating how legendary he is, I had no idea of his reputation. Thus, I have to say that I don't find it impressive to say how amazing you are at posting and dissecting arguments, only to say afterwards that someone who is blatantly challenging you isn't worth the time and that you'll take it easy on them due to your benevolence.

Honest question to Gelgarin - If Rayne isn't worth addressing at your fullest, who is? I would understand if you acted this way towards BieberHole69, but in terms of quality posters in which to debate with, you're not going to find significantly better than Rayne.

I was just thinking that we need an analysis on an analysis of why nobody ready Rayne's analysis on the election post. However I am not going to do what you think I am going to do and analyze your analysis of an snalysis of another analysis.

George- what I'm doing today is really, really boring shit- making geometric designs that look pretty when they fly, but sell quickly. Nothing creative is going on today, so this thread is actually a welcome diversion.

As far as not turning out poor-quality product, you don't have to tell me that. This is a custom job I did for a woman for a Valentine's Day gift, taken from her boyfriend's favorite picture of her:
404551_360486647300929_100000187902273_1612937_1925763729_n.jpg

Which was part of a three-disc set. I've got photos to go through tomorrow that are up at the pro shop I sell much of my stuff through for two more jobs... but I don't think they'll be as fun as this job was.

Sounds like the creativity is in the idea, but the execution is more busy-work. How does the design go from your computer to the disc? What do you charge per disc? What is the cost of getting the design on to the disc? Who are your customers? Frisbee aficionados or just general people looking for something unique?

Here's one I think I posted here before (business, I post this shit all over) that might appeal more to the popular topic of discussion here:
395082_360079714008289_100000187902273_1612070_1609420018_a.jpg

I have women sending me topless photos and paying me to make artwork on them, so people have to understand I'm a particularly tough target to bring down right now.

I see you're not mass producing anything so it is unlikely any business will come in and steal your clientele. Have you considered or can you put your work on another type of objects? Could it be produced faster?

Careful not to break any of the porn rules around here.

Eloquence is not a measure of quality, nor is verbosity. If it were then Norcal would be one of the weaker posters on the board and Will would have been crowned supreme high overlord years ago. I judge posters based on their ability to reason, to communicate interesting ideas and to debate outside of the confines of desperately trying to "win". Throughout this thread Rayne has failed on all three counts.
The ironic thing is, you didn't actually make any points in your response. You repeated an accusation that I'm trying to "win" (subtext: the poster I am opposing is chasing a foolish goal meant only for his own pride, a battle that by mentioning I declare I am too cool to participate in), and repeated that internet standard, "my opponent has nothing to say, so I do not have to try to refute him, and I win."

Just because you keep saying "you failed, you failed, you failed", doesn't mean it's true. It means you have learned that if you repeat something to an audience of stupid people that you need for support enough times, they'll start to repeat it and believe it. That might be the quality which causes you to think you're a popular guy around these parts; it works for the WWE.

Now that you're in it, kid, you can at least drop the "I'm playing, but I'm too cool for it" act.

I'm always up to be convinced that the impressions people have given me are wrong, most especially the negative ones. You seem to be making a concerted effort to reinforce the opinions you've given of yourself to me, however; someone who talks a big game about facts or reason, but wouldn't noticed either if he was being clubbed to death with them, and gets by on conincing other people he's an internet bad ass. Yes, my mind is pretty hard to change when the poster who would be trying to change it is constantly reinforcing the things I have just said about him. I prefer action over words. You're a talker, Gelgarin, not a doer.

Just because you keep saying "you failed, you failed, you failed", doesn't mean it's true. It means you have learned that if you repeat something to an audience of stupid people that you need for support enough times, they'll start to repeat it and believe it. That might be the quality which causes you to think you're a popular guy around these parts; it works for the WWE.

Did you really have to use this many words to basically say argumentum ad nauseam? I don't mean this in the same light as tl;dr, but didn't you say you won't dumb yourself down for people? That shit's latin.

Me.

I thought the point about individuality versus a group dynamic in this thread was beyond clear, hence the people responding with one line replies designed to get their buddies to rep them.

Am I the One Man Gang? coz I ain't rolling with noone. One line dynamic is me summarizing my emotions in the shortest way possible so I can enjoy more threads in a limited time I have.

GREEN REP ME FOR THIS YOU FUCKERS! GREEN REP ME!

I'm so screaming that with my cool one full stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back