• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alberto Del Rio Is The NEW WWE Champion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE

a7xfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we saw, CM Punk defeated John Cena to become the Undisputed WWE Champion. Moments later, Kevin Nash took out CM Punk, which left the door open for Alberto Del Rio to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase, and become the NEW WWE Champion!

Discuss.

And remember, NO SPAM!

At Summerslam tonight CM Punk defeated John Cena although with controversy with Cena's foot on the rope, while CM Punk was celebrating Kevin Nash return and Jack Knifed Punk. Alberto Del Rio cashes in his Destiny and Leaves the NEW WWE Champion!!

Thoughts?

Keep it all in here.

So u take punk who has the hottest reaction IN YEARS , and take him off the top main event spot to put del rio as the champ?

Punk SHOULD BE CHAMP

Horrible move and it pisses me off.

I'm really disappointed with this. We knew it was going to happen with WWE doing a Fall Tour of Mexico but...I just don't like Del Rio, and based on his crowd reaction, not many people do.

When he walks out for a match the crowd basically goes dead. No cheers, barely any boos, just borderline silence. He's good in the ring but his personality and mic skills are incredibly bland. The guy might be talented but this is going to be worse than Swagger.

*This is coming from somebody who likes Alberto Del Rio*

I'm pissed. Uber pissed. Better than Cena? Yeah but that's not saying a lot. I was so pumped for him to become champ at Wrestlemania and then it becomes all anti-climatic from there. Punk was screwed. Plain and simple. I have been so behind Punk all this time. I guess a screwjob within a screwjob. I smell a triple threat at NOC. The thing that REALLY pisses me off, apart from Punk's screwjob was that Ricardo Rodriguez was not there to announce it. What kind of gripe does Nash have with Punk? Punk never mentioned him. Unless this has something to do with HHH and their history with the Kliq.

Man....

Big Daddy Cool is apparently back nWo style. F**king love it!

Who cares if Del Rio is champ? My man is back... to what? Feud with HHH?

It's to coincide with WWE's upcoming tour of Mexico. After the tour he'll lose the belt.

As for Kevin Nash, his whole persona is built around a dude who'll do anything for money. Del Rio paid him to take Punk or Cena out after the match and leave the scraps for ADR to finish. ADR came down, didn't even use one of his finishing manuevers and instead a stepping Enziguri and got the three.

But again, this is only due to WWE's tour of Mexico. Sending a Mexican to Mexico with the WWE Championship will draw WWE more money and in the long haul they've happened to create the best SummerSlam in over a decade. I don't like it, but I can understand it.

I thought it was good match. Not as good as MITB but good. and i thought the ended was the most unpredictable thing i seen in years. I never thought Nash would ever come in. whats next X-pac? Scott Hall? HBK? and del rio cashing in was a markout moment for me. so pretty much 3 markout moments in 1 match punk wins , nash returns , del rio cashes in.

I smell a fatal 4 way or elimination at NOC with Rey, Cena, Punk, and Del Rio.

Sept 18th is my birthday so will definitely be ordering the show unless it's all divas matches.

I think Nash was brought in by John Lauranitis as an enforcer/respect me type deal and told him to Fuck over punk and had maybe let Del Rio know what was going to happen.

The fact that Del Rio won the title doesn't piss me off as much as the fact that once people tune into Raw tomorrow, neither Punk nor Cena will be champ. And I KNOW that's going to piss people off.

I can honestly say they've fucked this up now. What now for Punk? And stop the god damn hot potato bullshit. Punk's the hottest thing in the WWE, and he's had a pathetic WWE title reign. Fuckin good work WWE, fuckin good work.
I'm tired of being disappointed by watching this..

-

LOL look at all the punk nerds whine now. Mysterio is gonna win the title tomorrow night against Del Rio. And then Punk will win it back from Mysterio, big deal.

Nash vs HHH that's the feud I wanna see. God I love Big Daddy Cool.

Triple Threat match for sure. It's not like it takes anything out of Punk. He had a brutal match with Cena. Nash came out and powerbombed from nowhere. Del Rio took advantage when he was defenseless. Punk and Cena still have the spotlight and definitely going to have a Triple Threat at NOC. I just hope one of the two wins there.

...As I typed this I thought "Damnit, what if Rey wins tomorrow?"

It's to coincide with WWE's upcoming tour of Mexico. After the tour he'll lose the belt.

As for Kevin Nash, his whole persona is built around a dude who'll do anything for money. Del Rio paid him to take Punk or Cena out after the match and leave the scraps for ADR to finish. ADR came down, didn't even use one of his finishing manuevers and instead a stepping Enziguri and got the three.

But again, this is only due to WWE's tour of Mexico. Sending a Mexican to Mexico with the WWE Championship will draw WWE more money and in the long haul they've happened to create the best SummerSlam in over a decade. I don't like it, but I can understand it.

Pretty much summed it up. Del Rio will drop the belt after the Mexico tour going on this Fall. Putting the strap on Del Rio is a way to ensure the venues sell out and he'll get the biggest pops down there. Sadly, it's at the expense of most of the regular TV viewers and fans.

Also, when the whole CM Punk angle started, Nash tweeted asking Punk if he needs a bodyguard but not sure a response ever went back. He was probably brought in by Lauranitis to take him out.

If there is a fall tour in mexico, we now know you is going to be in the main event picture for the next 3 months.... Del Rio, and Rey. While Punk/HHH/Cena all fued about corporate BS.

I knew Del Rio was going to cash it in tonight. Which let me state right now I don't mind, in fact I'm a huge fan of the Del Rio character and really think this is long over do for him. That being said however I expected Triple H like I'm sure everyone else here thought too turn on Punk. Especially when he raised Punk's hand I remember thinking. 'Here comes the pedigree.' I think it was cool the WWE decided not too cost Punk the title that way and too maybe hold off on the Hunter vs Punk match.

Kevin Nash was a huge surprise too me. Not that I didn't mind it, but at the same time it just came way out of left field. Here's something interesting does anyone remember a couple of weeks ago, when Nash said if Punk needed a body guard to give him a call, but Punk bashed Nash on twitter instead? I find it really interesting and if this was the start of this storyline then bravo to WWE for using social media to enhance the storyline between the two.

It seems to me that Nash and Triple H will come out of this working together. Triple H probably felt disrespected by BOTH Cena & CM Punk, so they planned this whole thing to screw over whomever won the title match at the end of the night.

Considering this whole storyline with Punk has been "Reality" drivin, bringing in Nash who is Triple H's friends, the whole kliq thing, it would make perfect sense.

I like Alberto Del Rio. But not as world champion and how poorly it was done.

I hate this money in a bank idea. You can show up anytime with a ref and fight the world champion anytime? Reminds me of how the hardcore title was treated...a joke. Horrible.

Great to see Nash back. I think this will be leading into a interesting storyline.

Kevin Nash was a huge surprise too me. Not that I didn't mind it, but at the same time it just came way out of left field. Here's something interesting does anyone remember a couple of weeks ago, when Nash said if Punk needed a body guard to give him a call, but Punk bashed Nash on twitter instead? I find it really interesting and if this was the start of this storyline then bravo to WWE for using social media to enhance the storyline between the two.

CM Punk has been doing this since the start of his recent push. Like when he said he's been feeling like causing a commotion because "what are they gonna do fire me?" Then that following MNR he comes out during Raw Roulette and does his (worked) shoot.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see Kevin Nash back though. I know he has a lot of haters, but the man knows how to play his role to a T.

I disagree with many here. Having ADR and Nash screw Punk was a BRILLIANT move. Why? For one simple reason:

CM PUNK HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO TURN FACE.

He just can't be heel anymore. He has too much face momentum to try and put him up against Cena anymore. This gives Punk a way out of the Cena rivalry and into a new one with Nash and ADR. Someone had the great theory that Johnny Ace (and maybe Stephanie) hired Nash as a hit job to give Del Rio a chance to cash in. This means that Punk has been screwed by the old establishment, and now he is ready to truly start a war against him.

You know how some people have been saying that Punk can become the next Austin? This is the way to do it. Having him get a cheap win over Cena will not do that. The IWC has been waiting for a face to get so over with the crowd that he can replace Cena. Punk is that guy, but they can't do that unless they put him against a heel so they can play into the support he's been getting.

I have a few problems with this scenario. The first, and most important is that Alberto shouldn't have cashed in this soon. The track record shows that the longer a MITB contract is prolonged, the more successful the champion. Another is the involvement of Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash being physically involved in the storyline just seems like a no-no. He's just too damn old to be jack-knifing the WWE champion. They can go three ways with this,

1. Kevin Nash becomes an active wrestler for the time being and feuds with CM Punk.
This idea sucks, as it would side-track the fastest rising star in the company.

2. Kevin Nash gains a position of power on Raw, like general manager. This might be a bit interesting, and it would be much better for CM Punk in the long run, since he'll have a great authority figure to rebel against- and one that isn't face like Triple H.

3. Kevin Nash becomes Alberto Del Rio's bodyguard. I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Lastly CM Punk shouldn't have lost the title tonight. While it's a great way to talk about CM Punk being screwed out of the title, he should have had a little time to establish himself as the true champion, before Del Rio screwed him over. This also isn't helped by the fact that his win over Cena wasn't clean. All in all, the night had some surprises in it, but I don't think it was good for the long term. I'm a bit disappointed.

I know this is going to sound douche baggy, but I called this one. Not Kevin Nash, but the rest of it.

...Now you'll have Del Rio (c), Cena, Punk, and Mysterio all with legit claims to the championship or at least rematches and potentially Miz as well... chaos leads to good angles and unexpected results... and these results could be a stepping stone for a long term storyline leading up to as far as Survivor Series with factions coming in to the picture... Of course, Cena won't get the belt back until Armageddon or something so he can be Champ for Wrestlemania... but still, he'll be in the picture.

Hooray, I was right.

So many directions. It's a difficult one to map. Nash could be working for Del Rio and the money. He could be working with Triple H. He could have been hired by Stephanie behind Hunter's back. Could Johnny Ace be behind this? At the same time, Del Rio is now champion. He's snuck in the back dorr and has a shit load of cash. He's going to get booed more now than ever and rightfully so.

Punk beating Cena is fine especially with it being a Dusty finish. Cena now has a right to be angry with HHH for not spotting his foot and Punk obviously has a problem with HHH as it is so his buddy screwing Punk over doesn't exactly help him. HHH has his work cut out for him with a variety of difficult situations and of course, a strongly opinionated set of guys on the roster. Interesting to say the least.

On a side note, I say congratulations to Alberto Del Rio for becoming the new champion. It's going to be interesting to see where he ends up, especially following the Mexico tour, which one has to assume will be the focal point of his reign. Anyway, great stuff.

Avalanche™;3343003 said:
last time i checked Hall was basically on death watch, where did u seee pics of him? hes my Fav wrestler of all time and i think i would have seen them.

I watched an interview on youtube of Kevin Nash, a few days after Wrestlemania 27, talking about his return at Royal Rumble, and his appearance on the HoF ceremony. He commented that it just wasn't quite right that night because Hall wasn't there too, and so the interviewer asked him about how Hall was doing and Nash said that he talked to him a few weeks earlier. He called him in the middle of the night, and his wife answered the phone, and when Nash heard it was from Hall, Nash said he freaked out because he was afriad to hear that something really bad had happened, but as it turned out Hall was about to do some appearances in Poerto Rico (sp) and the next day when Nash met with Hall he was amazed to see that Hall had definition in his abs, and was supposedly sober for over 3 months...

Who knows how things have changed since then, but you can probably find the interview on youtube still.

ok im just gonna say this CM Punk is not ruined his storyline is not buried. Its a perfect set up for punk to be the second top face in wwe right now.

ok im just gonna say this CM Punk is not ruined his storyline is not buried. Its a perfect set up for punk to be the second top face in wwe right now.

Yep if anything, we don't know whats going to happen next, and thats a good thing, it makes people tune into RAW. This is making wrestling exciting again, which is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back