2008 N.F.L. Pro Bowl Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
N.F.C.
Offense
Quarterback: Brett Favre, Green Bay. Matt Hasselbeck, Seattle. Tony Romo, Dallas.

Running back: Adrian Peterson, Minnesota. Marion Barber, Dallas. Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia

Fullback: Tony Richardson, Minnesota

Wide receiver: Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona. Terrell Owens, Dallas. Donald Driver, Green Bay. Torry Holt, St. Louis

Tight end: Jason Witten, Dallas. Chris Cooley, Washington

Tackle: Flozell Adams, Dallas. Walter Jones, Seattle. Chris Samuels, Washington

Guard: Leonard Davis, Dallas. Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota. Shawn Andrews, Philadelphia

Center: Andre Gurode, Dallas. Matt Birk, Minnesota

Defense
Defensive end: Aaron Kampman, Green Bay. Patrick Kerney, Seattle. Osi Umenyiora, N.Y. Giants

Defensive tackle: Kevin Williams, Minnesota. Pat Williams, Minnesota. Tommie Harris, Chicago

Outside linebacker: Julian Peterson, Seattle. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas. Lance Briggs, Chicago

Inside linebacker: Lofa Tatupu, Seattle. Patrick Willis, San Francisco

Cornerback: Al Harris, Green Bay. Marcus Trufant, Seattle. Terence Newman, Dallas

Free safety: Sean Taylor, Washington. Ken Hamlin, Dallas

Strong safety: Darren Sharper, Minnesota

Special teams
Punter: Andy Lee, San Francisco
Placekicker: Nick Folk, Dallas
Kick returner: Devin Hester, Chicago
Special teamer: Brendon Ayanbadejo, Chicago
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.F.C.
Offense:
Quarterback: Tom Brady, New England. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh

Running back: LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego. Joseph Addai, Indianapolis. Willie Parker, Pittsburgh

Fullback: Lorenzo Neal, San Diego

Wide receiver: Randy Moss, New England. Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis. Braylon Edwards, Cleveland. T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cincinnati.

Tight end: Antonio Gates, San Diego. Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City.

Tackle: Matt Light, New England. Jason Peters, Buffalo. Jonathan Ogden, Baltimore

Guard: Alan Faneca, Pittsburgh. Logan Mankins, New England. Kris Dielman, San Diego

Center: Jeff Saturday, Indianapols. Dan Koppen, New England

Defense
Defensive end: Jared Allen, Kansas City. Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tennessee. Jason Taylor, Miami

Defensive tackle: Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee. Vince Wilfork, New England. Jamal Williams, San Diego

Outside linebacker: James Harrison, Pittsburgh. Mike Vrabel, New England. Shawne Merriman, San Diego

Inside linebacker: DeMeco Ryans, Houston. Ray Lewis, Baltimore

Cornerback: Champ Bailey, Denver. Asante Samuel, New England. Antonio Cromartie, San Diego

Free safety: Ed Reed, Baltimore

Strong safety: Bob Sanders, Indianapolis. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

Special teams
Punter: Shane Lechler, Oakland
Placekicker: Rob Bironas, Tennessee
Kick returner: Josh Cribbs, Cleveland
Special teamer: Kassim Osgood, San Diego

This is the 2008 Pro Bowl selections for both the N.F.C. & the A.F.C. - this thread is to discuss whether you agree or disagree with the selections. If you agree, why? If you disagree, why? Who should've made the trip? Who shouldn't be going? Discuss...

My only problem with this roster is, where in the world is Fred Taylor? Taylor averages 5.1 yds per carry, that is 1 yd more than Willie Parker, and one more yd than Joseph Addai. Taylor has more yards than Addai and is sixth in the league. He broke the 10,000 yd barrier this year, he is having one of his best years too date, and he gets No recognition for the pro bowl? That is absurd. I just hope he is on the reserves list so when someone doesn't want to go he gets the nod, because he truly deserves it.

My only problem with this roster is, where in the world is Fred Taylor? Taylor averages 5.1 yds per carry, that is 1 yd more than Willie Parker, and one more yd than Joseph Addai. Taylor has more yards than Addai and is sixth in the league. He broke the 10,000 yd barrier this year, he is having one of his best years too date, and he gets No recognition for the pro bowl? That is absurd. I just hope he is on the reserves list so when someone doesn't want to go he gets the nod, because he truly deserves it.

I agree, but the fans voted & I think a lot of the reason Fred Taylor wasn't voted in, is because he isn't a "well-known" name compared to the others. Personally, I don't even think L.T. should be going. His year was hardly worth mentioning.. as he's had a terrible group of games, & has been held under 100 yds. several times this year.

Another name I'm disappointed in not seeing, is Mario Williams. Hes had a nice season, especially a huge step up from last season.

I agree, but the fans voted & I think a lot of the reason Fred Taylor wasn't voted in, is because he isn't a "well-known" name compared to the others. Personally, I don't even think L.T. should be going. His year was hardly worth mentioning.. as he's had a terrible group of games, & has been held under 100 yds. several times this year.
Well that isn't necessarily true, the coaches also have a say, I thought their votes meant more than the fans, but i don't pay any attention to the pro bowl so i wouldn't know. But to say Ladainian Tomlinson doesn't deserve too be in the Pro Bowl is absurd, he is second in rushing behind Parker, he averages 4.7 yds a rush and averages 93.6 yds per game, that is similar too Parker and more than Addai, and too top it off, LT has 14 td's, and too top that off he is a passing threat, and he is basically the only other offensive weapon SD has besides Antonio Gates. Well I am shocked all these players from Minnesota made it, because they are a mediocre team, and the ones truly deserving are Peterson and both Williams, and possibly Hutchinson because a lot of their rushing success is too his side.

Well I am shocked all these players from Minnesota made it, because they are a mediocre team, and the ones truly deserving are Peterson and both Williams, and possibly Hutchinson because a lot of their rushing success is too his side.

Why is Donald Driver going instead of Greg Jennings? I also agree with the fact that the N.F.C. is seemingly all Dallas & Minnesota, & I can't understand why Minnesota has so many guys going either.

Why is Donald Driver going instead of Greg Jennings? I also agree with the fact that the N.F.C. is seemingly all Dallas & Minnesota, & I can't understand why Minnesota has so many guys going either.

Maybe because Driver has more catches, yds, catches for first downs. I don't know though, that is my guess. Also I am actually mad that Favre got the Starting job, Romo is having a better year, and it is leading me too believe he got the nod because of his name which is actually unfair because Romo is having the better year. I also believe Darren Sharper got picked because of his name over any other safety in the nfc, and I say the same thing for Alan Faneca, he has had a good year but not like the past, he is getting beat a lot more, and i not opening up nearly enough holes like he has in the past. A lot of Parkers success is because Parker has made plays by himself with little blocking. But I still can't complain about the rosters, except for a couple little things, but it has been like this in years past so their is no sense complaining.

I wondered that myself, Jennings has been Favre's go to guy this year, don't get me wrong I glad Driver is going but Jennings is far more deserving of it, it's almost as if Driver is going cause he's the bigger name of the two, though I don't know if Jennings is an alternate or not, but if he is, maybe Driver will do what's right and pass so that Jennings can go, Driver is a pretty stand up kinda guy, and I don't understand why in the hell there are so many Vikings going either, there team sucks, and if these players were so good Minnesota would have won more games this year and have clinched a playoff spot already

Also I am actually mad that Favre got the Starting job, Romo is having a better year, and it is leading me too believe he got the nod because of his name which is actually unfair because Romo is having the better year.

From what I've seen, a lot of the voting regards around "name" more than skill. On the nfl network show "Total Access" they explained that Fred Taylor likely didn't get voted in, over the other 3 because his name wasn't "well known."

I'd imagine that dispite Romo having a better season, Favre got the starting nod because he's more or less a "legend." And maybe they're thinking one last "Hooray!" because it could be his last season. To be honest, is Matt Hasselbeck truly the 3rd best in the N.F.C.? I would've guessed Jon Kitna could've had a nice run for it.. or even Jeff Garcia.

Hey, hey boys. Easy now. Let me defend my Vikes.

AP, the Williams duo, Hutchinson, Birk and Richardson all deserve to be where they are. Richardson is arguably the best blocking FB in the NFC, and Hutch + Birk on that offensive line give us that run blocking we need to be the best rushing offense the NFC (and maybe the league?) has to offer. Matt Birk has never been in question as a great Center at any other time than now, with 2/5 of our offensive line going to the Pro Bowl.

Pat and Kevin eat RBs for breakfast. Remember LT's day he had here next to AP's? I say no more. Now Sharper, I partially agree because if he were such a presence, we wouldn't have such terrible pass D but from what the NFC has to offer at the safety position, I'd say it wasn't ALL bad. He's one of 3 safeties in the NFC that has a defensive TD and a forced fumble (the other two are Roman Harper and Dwight Smith.)

Kinda seems like we're not getting a fair rub in MN. We had a shitty start in MN, but the games we lost weren't contests that were out of our reach (with the exception of the game in GB.) We hung with Dallas. We gave GB a good run our 1st go-around. We gave Detroit a hard time the 1st matchup...we should have won that game. The KC game we should have won. We had a chance against Philly as well. We've had our chances, but now we've shown that we can definitely hang with the big boys. We have players that can produce and that deserve the honor, so to say that "all those guys from the Vikings" aren't supposed to make it, means you're not paying attention to their contributions, whether it be a Tony Richardson, Matt Birk, or a Darren Sharper. Cause last I checked, we were set for mediocrity this year, and since our players, mainly the ones in the Pro Bowl, have stepped it up, we have a shot at the playoffs.

great that they put Sean Taylor in that mix, I also think Mario Williams got robbed of a spot, over the last few week he has been a beast.

I know my Niners suck as hell this year but I am very glad that Patrick Willis got elected to the pro bowl as a reserve...Mark my words guys....he is the next RAY LEWIS...

I am also glad that Sean Taylor was elected out of respect and also mad that Fred Taylor got snubbed...for LT. It's like baseball where guys get screwed because they are not "popular". It makes me sick. But Tom Brady and Peyton Manning do deserve it though. They are and always will be great!

Hey, hey boys. Easy now. Let me defend my Vikes.

AP, the Williams duo, Hutchinson, Birk and Richardson all deserve to be where they are. Richardson is arguably the best blocking FB in the NFC, and Hutch + Birk on that offensive line give us that run blocking we need to be the best rushing offense the NFC (and maybe the league?) has to offer. Matt Birk has never been in question as a great Center at any other time than now, with 2/5 of our offensive line going to the Pro Bowl.

Pat and Kevin eat RBs for breakfast. Remember LT's day he had here next to AP's? I say no more. Now Sharper, I partially agree because if he were such a presence, we wouldn't have such terrible pass D but from what the NFC has to offer at the safety position, I'd say it wasn't ALL bad. He's one of 3 safeties in the NFC that has a defensive TD and a forced fumble (the other two are Roman Harper and Dwight Smith.)

Kinda seems like we're not getting a fair rub in MN. We had a shitty start in MN, but the games we lost weren't contests that were out of our reach (with the exception of the game in GB.) We hung with Dallas. We gave GB a good run our 1st go-around. We gave Detroit a hard time the 1st matchup...we should have won that game. The KC game we should have won. We had a chance against Philly as well. We've had our chances, but now we've shown that we can definitely hang with the big boys. We have players that can produce and that deserve the honor, so to say that "all those guys from the Vikings" aren't supposed to make it, means you're not paying attention to their contributions, whether it be a Tony Richardson, Matt Birk, or a Darren Sharper. Cause last I checked, we were set for mediocrity this year, and since our players, mainly the ones in the Pro Bowl, have stepped it up, we have a shot at the playoffs.

I still believe a mediocre team should not have that many people going to the pro bowl, IMO Darren Sharper is going because of name value, IMO his year has not been impressive, now onto both the Williams, they deserve to be here, but come on, both Birk and Hutchinson? I would say one or the other, but i would most likely pick Hutchinson because their success is based off his play.

Now onto Fred Taylor, I believe he was first on reserves and now since Parker is down :( Taylor will get the nod, this is truly a deserving thing for Taylor and he is having a tremendous year, and he is getting over shadowed because of name popularity and he splits carries with Jones Drew. But anyways I hope Fred Taylor accepts this because it is deserving because he is having one helluva year.

Now onto Fred Taylor, I believe he was first on reserves and now since Parker is down :( Taylor will get the nod, this is truly a deserving thing for Taylor and he is having a tremendous year, and he is getting over shadowed because of name popularity and he splits carries with Jones Drew. But anyways I hope Fred Taylor accepts this because it is deserving because he is having one helluva year.

It was announced on N.F.L. Network's Total Access show that Fred Taylor will get the nod, with Willie Parker's injury. And its highly UNlikely that he'd turn it down, as it is truly a capper to his entire career. The question I'm curious about.. will he retire now, because of this?

I don't honestly see Jacksonville being a Superbowl team just yet, although it was highly mentioned that if Jacksonville played New England in crappy weather, & the ground game was the difference in the game, that Jacksonville would have the better of the two teams.. both offensively & defensively. However, I just can't see Jacksonville running the table in the playoffs. They'll have to start in the Wildcard, & most likely against either the Chargers, or the Browns.

I still believe a mediocre team should not have that many people going to the pro bowl, IMO Darren Sharper is going because of name value, IMO his year has not been impressive, now onto both the Williams, they deserve to be here, but come on, both Birk and Hutchinson? I would say one or the other, but i would most likely pick Hutchinson because their success is based off his play.

Here you are still gettin on Birk. How many times has Matt Birk been to the Pro Bowl before this year? SIX TIMES, six fuckin times Brian, and now suddenly YOU think he doesn't deserve it because him and Hutch, who himself is a 5 time Pro Bowler, shouldn't go together? Can you find a better C in the NFC over the past 7 seasons? You make NO sense on that, and I think people would agree with me on that if they weren't Viking haters.

The Vikes running game success hasn't completely come from Hutch only, there are other guys on the O line, and I believe Birk stands there too. I should know...I'm from Minnesota, I watch em more than you do I'm sure. You don't see me telling you why Pittsburgh is successful cause I probably couldn't. You obviously don't know why we're successful, yet here you are telling me why, lmao. Anyways, aside from Sharper, I fully stand behind our Pro Bowl selections, and it's absurd to try and justify why they shouldn't be in the position they are when the stats don't lie. Who you gonna get on next? Why Portis should have AP's spot? Why Tommie Harris got robbed by Pat/Kevin? Just who did Matt Birk cheat out of a spot on the Pro Bowl roster, the SAME spot he's had for 6 of the past 7 seasons? Cause I could get on one of your Steelers, but he knocked himself out already.

I don't really have much of a problem with these rosters, because this isn't the first or last time that someone is going to get snubbed. Everyone usually comes on here and either defends their teams selections or is pissed that someone on their team didn't get the nod.

Hey, what are ya gonna do? Every team gets snubbed in the Pro Bowl, I for one definately feel that Wes Welker should be in the Pro Bowl somewhere, I mean without this guy the Patriots passing game is not nearly as lethal and effective. Not to mention he was just an afterthought to begin the year and now has racked up over 1000 yards and 8 TDs. Not to mention the guy is averaging 10.4 yards a catch. But oh well.

Here you are still gettin on Birk. How many times has Matt Birk been to the Pro Bowl before this year? SIX TIMES, six fuckin times Brian, and now suddenly YOU think he doesn't deserve it because him and Hutch, who himself is a 5 time Pro Bowler, shouldn't go together? Can you find a better C in the NFC over the past 7 seasons? You make NO sense on that, and I think people would agree with me on that if they weren't Viking haters.

The Vikes running game success hasn't completely come from Hutch only, there are other guys on the O line, and I believe Birk stands there too. I should know...I'm from Minnesota, I watch em more than you do I'm sure. You don't see me telling you why Pittsburgh is successful cause I probably couldn't. You obviously don't know why we're successful, yet here you are telling me why, lmao. Anyways, aside from Sharper, I fully stand behind our Pro Bowl selections, and it's absurd to try and justify why they shouldn't be in the position they are when the stats don't lie. Who you gonna get on next? Why Portis should have AP's spot? Why Tommie Harris got robbed by Pat/Kevin? Just who did Matt Birk cheat out of a spot on the Pro Bowl roster, the SAME spot he's had for 6 of the past 7 seasons? Cause I could get on one of your Steelers, but he knocked himself out already.

But they are a mediocre team, and mediocrity doesn't define success. A team that will not make the playoffs do not deserve a pro bowl spot, or a roster filled with their players. I could see if they were an elite NFC team like Dallas or even GB for that matter. Casey Hampton has had his fair share of pro bowls but that doesn't mean he is deserving.

O yeah and your little reference towards Willie Parker, here you go he was the leading rusher in the NFL before his injury, he had the most carries and he averaged 4.1 yds per carry. He plays behind a pitiful offensive line, and he earns his yards by fighting hard. Parker is one of the best runners in the NFL and his is a top five running back over the course of the last few selective years. Or if it was even a reference towards Ben, here i go. Who has more touchdown passes this year? Yeah, Brady and Romo. Who has the second highest qb rating in the NFL? You guessed, Ben Roethlisberger. Who is he behind? Brady who is on a record setting year. He also has a higher completion percentage than Manning, and he has less interceptions. So he is truly deserving of a pro bowl because he has helped his team clinch a playoff birth. Something that the Minnesota offense isn't capable of doing.

It is definitely a surprise that the Jaguars did not have a single player selected. David Gerrard is having an amazing season, but people are always going to go with the likes of Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger over a player who basically just began making a name for himself. I don't agree with it, but I don't agree with any of those "All-Star game" voting methods. The fans always chose their favorite or the most popular players because they want to see them play with the other "best of the best" players.

It is definitely a surprise that the Jaguars did not have a single player selected. David Gerrard is having an amazing season, but people are always going to go with the likes of Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger over a player who basically just began making a name for himself. I don't agree with it, but I don't agree with any of those "All-Star game" voting methods. The fans always chose their favorite or the most popular players because they want to see them play with the other "best of the best" players.

Maybe thats because David Gerrard JUST started having a good career. Whereas Peyton Manning has earned his dues & deserves every Pro Bowl selection he gets. You know, it isn't as if none of the players selected don't deserve to go. Especially the likes of Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady. I'd question Big Ben going.. but the fact is, he had a lot of dominately good games this season.

The only thing that pissed me off, was Fred Taylor not getting the nod, when he truly deserved it. But since Willie Parker isn't so "fast" anymore with a blown tire.. it looks like Taylor will get the nod afterall.

I think out of everything, the fact that Marion Barber got in is shocking. He isn't even a full time starter. And honestly, he hasn't done a whole hell of a lot. I suppose the other RBs in the N.F.C. just truly sucked this year.

Also, why did Tony Gonzalez get in over Dallas Clark? I could've swore Clark has had a great season.. & I can't imagine Gonzalez having as big of one, but maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back