Dashon Goldson, San Francisco

Strong safety
Adrian Wilson, Arizona

Special teams

Punter Andy Lee, San Francisco
Placekicker David Akers, San Francisco
Kick returner Patrick Peterson, Arizona
Special teamer Corey Graham, Chicago

I'm a little more confused with this one than the AFC roster. How did Eli get the nod over Matthew Stafford? Eli's had an excellent year by his standards, but Stafford has had an awesome year by anybody's standards. His first full year as a starter and the dude fell just short of 40 touchdowns. He has more yards, more TDs, less picks, and his team has clinched a playoff berth. What exactly does Manning have over him?

What do you think?

I hate fan voting. The sheer size of Chicago and New York, with homer voting is the only way to explain some of these selections. The Lions are going to finish at worst, 10-6, Stafford is having the best season out of any QB not named Rodgers, Brees or Brady, and Eli gets the pick? WTF? If this was based on actual gameplay and not a popularity contest, Chris Houston, Brandon Pettigrew and Cliff Avril of the Lions also deserve it. The appearance of so many Bears on it who have done nothing all year makes it a joke.

I hate fan voting. The sheer size of Chicago and New York, with homer voting is the only way to explain some of these selections. The Lions are going to finish at worst, 10-6, Stafford is having the best season out of any QB not named Rodgers, Brees or Brady, and Eli gets the pick? WTF? If this was based on actual gameplay and not a popularity contest, Chris Houston, Brandon Pettigrew and Cliff Avril of the Lions also deserve it. The appearance of so many Bears on it who have done nothing all year makes it a joke.

You're right. Stafford should've made it. Luckily he eventually will anyways because of the absolutely horrible set up of the NFL Pro Bowl. Either Rodgers or Brees will not be playing in it because they're more likely to be playing the following week.

Also, I'm thinking maybe Aldon Smith and/or Navarro(?) Bowmann from the 49ers should've made the team as well.

I dunno, I think Stafford / Manning / Smith is a dead heat for 3rd, and yet Cam Newton is the 1st alternate. Not sure about that one. Rodgers and Brees are the shoe-ins, no questions asked.

Manning has truly carried the Giants despite their injuries. Victor Cruz has been turned into a borderline pro bowler because of Eli's accuracy. Stafford seems to have benefited greatly by the Megatron renaissance.

You could honestly argue for Eli, Stafford, Alex Smith, OR Cam Newton and have valid points.

I'm thrilled John Kuhn was named the starting FB.

I dunno, I think Stafford / Manning / Smith is a dead heat for 3rd, and yet Cam Newton is the 1st alternate. Not sure about that one. Rodgers and Brees are the shoe-ins, no questions asked.

Manning has truly carried the Giants despite their injuries. Victor Cruz has been turned into a borderline pro bowler because of Eli's accuracy. Stafford seems to have benefited greatly by the Megatron renaissance.

You could honestly argue for Eli, Stafford, Alex Smith, OR Cam Newton and have valid points.

Manning has 69 more passing yards than Stafford, but Stafford has better completion percentage, 10 more TDs and 2 less INTs. Stafford's QB rating is also more than 6 full points higher. If there are valid arguments beyond those 69 yards (that's about 4.3 more yards per game, folks), I would love to hear them. Eli Manning got in because New York City is the most populous metropolitan area in the USA, and the Pro Bowl factors in fan votes.

Alex Smith, while playing the best year of his career, is still only a game manager that relies heavily on a strong running game. I don't want to take anything away from what he has done, but the 49ers rely far less on their passing game than any of the other teams.

Cam Newton: Easily the NFC offensive ROY. However, for as good as he has been, he does have his issues. 16 INTs to 20 TDs is not a particularly great ratio. His yards are lower than 6 other NFC QBs as well. I can see him not quite measuring up yet. Now, next year, if he can maintain the good, and improve on that TD/INT ratio, get it closer to 2:1 or better, Newton has a real good shot at it next year, unless the NFC is just QB crazy again like it was this year.

I agree with pretty much everything said here, though if you're going to say Alex Smith could be argued for, than I think it's only fair that you also through Romo, & Ryan's names in the hat as well, Romo currently has teh 3rd best overall QB rating, he's 3rd in Comp %, 6th in total yds., & 4th in TDs. Ryan is within the top 5 or just outside of it in all those same stats. Personally I think Stafford should have gotten the 3rd QB spot with either Manning or Romo getting the first alternate spot.

You & me both, also thrilled to see Raji in there as well.

The Lions definitely deserved more then one pro bowler but Stafford was the biggest snub. He without a doubt had a better year then Eli. You can make the argument that Stafford has the best receiver in the league and Eli doesn't but then I can make the argument Eli actually has a running game while Stafford has one of the worst rushing attacks in the league to help him.

It's not like Eli has a scrub corp of receivers either. I'm pretty sure Victor Cruz is 3rd in the league in yards, 2 spots behind Johnson, and he's got to be at least close to double digits in TDs. Hell, you could argue that he deserves a spot on this squad as well.

I'd put Victor Cruz on the team over both Larry Fitzgerald and Greg Jennings. I also think that with the time he missed late in the season that Matt Forte should not have made the team. There are too many people who do their ballots early and don't make any changes. Even the 4 games he played in prior to his injury, Forte was really slowing down in production. I would have given Marshawn Lynch the nod over him.

I think people who don't follow the Lions closely think that all Stafford does is throw to Calvin Johnson so in their minds it makes Stafford's stats look not as impressive.

Those of us who actually follow the Lions know that this is far from the truth. Stafford spreads the ball around to everyone. WRs, tight ends, running backs. Plus Stafford has to be able to make those throws to Johnson. You can just stick any old schlub in there and think they're going to be able to get it to Johnson.

Stafford was a definite Pro Bowl snub. That's not to say that Manning didn't have a great year because he did but Stafford is younger and has better numbers.

It's not like Eli has a scrub corp of receivers either. I'm pretty sure Victor Cruz is 3rd in the league in yards, 2 spots behind Johnson, and he's got to be at least close to double digits in TDs. Hell, you could argue that he deserves a spot on this squad as well.

Agreed...I was actually surprised Cruz wasn't selected. All he has done all year is make the big play right when New York needed him to. Cruz is a big time gamer who probably has a legit gripe at getting snubbed. How did Eli get selected and not Cruz? Should have been flipped. Cruz in, Manning out.

Another snub would be London Fletcher. No offense to Brian Urlacher but he was named to the pro bowl on name recognition this year. He had a nice season but it was not pro bowl worthy. London Fletcher certainly deserved it more. Fletcher led all players in tackles and was fifth in the league in solo tackles. Fletcher actually had more solo tackles then Urlacher had total tackles. Fletcher also had 1.5 sacks to Urlacher's 0 and had 3 forced fumbles to Urlacher's zero. London Fletcher has always been underrated and it is a crime he has only been selected to two pro bowls in his career.

BJ Raji is another guy who should not be going. He had a solid year but not pro bowl worthy. Henry Melton led all NFC defensive tackles with 7 sacks and would have been a better choice. Ray McDonald from San Fran would have been a better choice as well.

I'd put Victor Cruz on the team over both Larry Fitzgerald and Greg Jennings. I also think that with the time he missed late in the season that Matt Forte should not have made the team. There are too many people who do their ballots early and don't make any changes. Even the 4 games he played in prior to his injury, Forte was really slowing down in production. I would have given Marshawn Lynch the nod over him.

I'd put Cruz in over Jennings but not Fitzgerald. Their QB play has been meh all year. Jennings has Rodgers and Cruz has Eli. Give Fitzgerald either Qb and his numbers would be a lot better. I can almost guarantee it.

Stafford was robbed but I also think Alex Smith deserves at least consideration. His year has been stellar. You can call him a game manager but his jobs to win games and not turn the ball over. That's all QB's job. He's played well. You cant discredit that...

The Bears as a team didn't do as well as a team, but every single Bear on the Pro-Bowl deserved their spot. Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs were the best Linebackers in the NFC. And Charles Tillman had perhaps his best year and had the most Forced Fumbles than any Defensive back. Hell, he is even tied with Vanden Bosch as the top 5 in Forced Fumbles. And Matt Forte was one of the best Running Backs in the NFL. 3 yards short of a thousand yard season and before his injury, was 50 percent of Chicago's total offense. You can't tell me he didn't deserve to be in the pro-bowl with McCoy or Frank Gore. Although you can hold a debate that Adrian Peterson was snubbed.

The Bears as a team didn't do as well as a team, but every single Bear on the Pro-Bowl deserved their spot. Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs were the best Linebackers in the NFC. And Charles Tillman had perhaps his best year and had the most Forced Fumbles than any Defensive back. Hell, he is even tied with Vanden Bosch as the top 5 in Forced Fumbles. And Matt Forte was one of the best Running Backs in the NFL. 3 yards short of a thousand yard season and before his injury, was 50 percent of Chicago's total offense. You can't tell me he didn't deserve to be in the pro-bowl with McCoy or Frank Gore. Although you can hold a debate that Adrian Peterson was snubbed.

Bullshit. Utter bullshit.

There are two Detroit Lions with more tackles (Stephen Tulloch/DeAndre Levy) than both Briggs and Urlacher, and 4 forced fumbles/2 recoveries is not enough to offset only 2 INTs. Chris Houston of the Lions, meanwhile, has 5 INTs, 225 defensive yards with 2 returned for TDs, including a 100 yarder. If you seriously want to believe that Tillman is having a better season than Houston, you are an idiot. In fact, maybe you should create another bar room thread where you brag about beating me in an argument, only to have the entire world point out how ridiculous you are again. This was a fan vote, period.

Bullshit. Utter bullshit.

There are two Detroit Lions with more tackles (Stephen Tulloch/DeAndre Levy)
than both Briggs and Urlacher, and 4 forced fumbles/2 recoveries is not enough to offset only 2 INTs.

They also on a team where their defense is ranked 26th in opposing Rushing yards as opposed to the Bears who are the 6th ranked Rushing defense in the NFL. Getting more tackles doesn't really matter if the guy they're tackling already got 6+ yards.

Chris Houston of the Lions, meanwhile, has 5 INTs, 225 defensive yards with 2 returned for TDs, including a 100 yarder. If you seriously want to believe that Tillman is having a better season than Houston, you are an idiot.

Fair point, but do you need to call me an idiot because Tillman had a great year and the fans believe that the 4 Forced Fumbles and two picks were more of an achievement than Chris Houstan's 5 picks.

In fact, maybe you should create another bar room thread where you brag about beating me in an argument, only to have the entire world point out how ridiculous you are again. This was a fan vote, period.

Someone is a little touchy. See what I mean when you seem more upset than you are because you make little off-hand comments like these. You seem like a pretty level headed poster until you start throwing around all these fucks and shits and idiots. Take a chill pill dude. :)

Damn and I thought I was a bias fan. You actually think that Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs were the two best linebackers in the NFC? Urlacher may not have even been a top ten linebacker in the NFC this year. He 100% got in off name recognition. I already showed above how London Fletcher easily had a better season at middle linebacker.

Another snub I just noticed was Brandon Browner of the Seahawks. He is tied for first in the NFC in passes defended, tied for second in the NFC in interceptions, and was one of only three NFC players to return two interceptions for TD's. He should have gone in over either Carlos Rogers or Charles Tillman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back