• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2008-09 NHL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Devils are so close to taking the NHL Eastern Conference lead. They actually did hold it for a hour or two this afternoon until Ottowa won. What's even better is that the Devils FINALLY beat the Islanders this season. Now that that is out of the way, the Devils can try to take the top spot in the east tomorrow night against Washington. Should be a good game, both teams are looking pretty good right now. Something else I've noticed. Next to Detroit, the Devils have the fewest goals against this season... Not too bad at all... Can't wait till March 7th. Devils are going to hopefully destroy Tampa Bay.

Well the Ducks devourved the Hawks AGAIN and now wont have to play any games till friday...so we are 4 points behind and we give dallas a chance to make it 8. stupid scheduling and nhl. o well. Calgary is going down...ducks>mikka kippersoff

That's great and all that the Ducks beat Chicago... Real storys of yesterday... DEVILS TAKE SOLE POSITION OF FIRST PLACE IN THE EAST!!!!! First time since 2001... It's really hard to believe that, but it is a fact. Ottowa has a game against Toronto tonight, so they could retake the lead tonight by 1 point. However the next day we have a game against Carolina, whom we've dominated all season. Looks like the East is going to be contested between Ottowa and New Jersey for a little while, but do not count the Penguins and Canadiens out of the equation either. Out west the Flames beat the Wild and took the sole top position in their division. In other random news... Dallas and Anaheim are both quickly closing in on Detroit. Suddenly the West is looking a little bit more contested then even a week ago...

Got some good news here. Pens acquired Marian Hossa from ATL. This is a a great trade IMO. They are going to be so versatile with Malkin and a healthy Crosby. They got a winger that can skate with Sid. They have been in need of one of those for a while. They gave up a lot for a FA at the end of this season. Giving up the prospect Angelo Esposito hurts, and so does the first rounder. But Shero wouldn't have made this trade without the intent of resigning him.

Got some good news here. Pens acquired Marian Hossa from ATL. This is a a great trade IMO. They are going to be so versatile with Malkin and a healthy Crosby. They got a winger that can skate with Sid. They have been in need of one of those for a while. They gave up a lot for a FA at the end of this season. Giving up the prospect Angelo Esposito hurts, and so does the first rounder. But Shero wouldn't have made this trade without the intent of resigning him.

All I have to say is that the Pens are going to be even deadlier now then ever before. We all have seen how good they were with Crosby and Malkin... Through Hossa into that mix, and you got a dangerous group right there. Should be very interesting to see when Crosby returns to the team. I don't think that giving up Esposito will hurt that much,the draft pick might a little, but for a guy like Hossa, whom you'd have to assume the Pens would resign, I just think that it's going to work out for both teams. I think that some other teams that are going to benifit from this years trades include...

Capitals picking up Federov as well as Huet.

Colorado for picking back up Adam Foote. *** Colorado is starting to look a little like they're 2001 team with Foote and Foresburg***

Devils for getting Salvador from St. Lois... Now the Devils have 3 decent defensemen...

Those three teams I think are going to be the three to benifit most... Also... OTTOWA HAS GONE 2 GAMES WITHOUT SCORING A GOAL!!!!!!!!! and DALLAS IS 6 POINTS AWAY FROM DETROIT... POSSIBLY 4 BY THE END OF THE NIGHT!!!!

Justin, what the Hell is going on with the Red Wings... Last time I checked they had a solid lead built up out there. Now I look and Dallas sits just 3 points behind them. What's up with that. Both teams (Ottowa and Detroit) that dominated in the first 1/2 of the season are getting the crap kicked out of them by almost everyone. I mean look the Senators have scored one goal in the last 3 games, and were shut out by Toronto and Boston in two straight games. They've lost the Eastern Conference lead to the Devils who are now 2 points ahead on them, and the Penguins have (in points) over taken them. Montreal has not been playing as good as they were either, but they are just sitting 2 points behind Ottowa. If the Senators... Or any team in the East right now are not careful they will not make the playoffs... Right now there is just 9 points separating 1st and 8th. With just 3 points between 6 and 8th and a tie for 6th (Boston and Rangers) and 8th place (Flyers and Sabers) Right now the 3 hottest teams in the East are the Devils, Bruins, and Islanders. The Isles have been surging as of late and are now in the thick of the playoff hunt again.

Meh, it's because the Stars are playing great hockey and will continue to do so now with loaded lines. How about the Brad Richards trade? Greatness I tell ya'. Just what Modano needed. Another goal scorer and boy did he deliver in his first game? 5 pts all on assists. He'll get his fair share of goals soon though. We absolutely hammered up on the poor Hawks. How they even got 4 goals I'll never know but meh. Hopefully we keep playing well down the stretch and take the number 1 spot away from the Wings. Either way, should be great on the road to the Stanley Cup:)

Yes it should be a great road for the Ducks when they get to the stanley cup and defend their title....Thats right. I said it. The Ducks have only lost 1 game since Temmu came back (to ur damn Stars) once we beat the Stars, we will be all set. If playoffs began today, we would be facing the Sharks....thats a series win....I cANNOT WAIT TILL THE PLAYOFFS.

It's ok cause the West literally has 3 teams... Ducks, Red Wings, and Stars. The Devils are playing the Capitals right now in a 0-0 first intermission. If the playoffs started now we'd be flying another 2 banners and playing the Flyers. Damn what a series that would be.( thinks about being down 3-1 series against Flyers a few years back and winning it) Big potential problem for the Ducks... Pronger is out... I'll be listening closley to the game on NHL radio. Anyone wanna do a LD for it?

Ok so I finished watching the Devils self destruct themselves into a 4-0 loss. *shudders* they looked like they did in the start of the season. Anywho I'm listening to the Flames broadcast of the Ducks/Flames game. SO far it's been a pretty insane and violent game from what I can hear. I'm definatly hearing why the Ducks are the hottest team in the league right now. Detroit lost AGAIN tonight. That means Dallas can pull to just 1 point behind the Red Wings with a win tomorrow. Devils have a HUGE 2 games coming up, specifically Montreal who now site I think just 1 point behind them. Ottowa is playing the Penguins tomorrow as well. Big night for the East tomorrow.

He has a broken jaw...its not gonna affect him...if it was a broken foot then yeah but I believe that a broken jaw is not gonna stop him...TEMMU SELANNE is simply amazing....tonight he was great! The Ducks won 10 games in February...hopefully more to come...Ottawa this monday.

Tonight is going to be insane as far as hockey goes. Several huge games tonight. Devils vs Montreal where Montreal could take the Eastern lead with a win and a Penguin loss. Pittsburgh could take the Eastern league with a win over Ottowa and a Devils loss to Montreal. Ottowa could retake the Northeast division lead with a win against the Penguins and a Montreal loss. The Islanders can jump into a tie for 8th place tonight with a win over Philly. Out West Dallas can pull to just 1 point behind the Red Wings. Things are certainly heating up around the league. Anyone else thinkin things are heating up as much as I do

WHAT AN AMAZING GAME! I was at Honda Center in Anaheim, California where the Anaheim Ducks, the STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, defeated the Ottawa Senators ONCE AGAIN, this time by a 3-1 score...we own those guys...crowd booed Alfredson EVERY TIME he touched the puck...thats what u get DA for taking a cheap shot at Niedermeyer in last years playoffs......it was an amazing game...tho the refs seemed to control the fights...THERE WERE NOT ANY FIGHTS...SO DISSAPOINTED...O WELL. sundays game against the Canadiens looks good, Ima be at that one FREE TICKETS...YEAH!

Breaking News here baby

PGH tribune review said:
Crosby will return tonight
By Rob Rossi
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TAMPA, Fla -- Sidney Crosby will make his return to the Penguins lineup tonight when Pittsburgh plays at Tampa Bay at 7:30 p.m.
Crosby, who missed 20 games with a high ankle sprain, will open the game on a line with Max Talbot and Pascal Dupuis.
Crap when i read that I almost died, it feels like he has been out for 8 months. I hope they didnt rush it. he should make an immediate impact because he is that good. I cant believe the Pens were competitive without Sid. Malkin really shined though and he proved that he was worth the high pick. This is just great, now i cant wait for Hossa to return. He should be back later this week, and when they are both completely healthy, they should be a force in the playoffs. If Fleury doesnt give up 20 goals a game.

To stay as tight as they are right now. The Devils MUST WIN this game against Toronto. They've dropped 2 in a row and really with as close as it is and how well Montreal and Pittsburgh are playing. They need to really win this game. Not even a loss in OT would be good, it's I think a must win.

Crosby is going to make an immediate impact for the Penguins. That team I said it about 2 years ago, would be dangerous in a couple years. Look where they are now.

The Ducks keep on winning, but they need help from Detroit and Dallas losses to catch them back up. I guess mathematicaly they still have a shot at 1st place, but it's going to be mad tough

The Ducks are 4 points behind Dallas right now and about 9 behind Detroit. I am more than content with 2nd place (its where we were last year and we won the cup) and I know the Ducks can WIN at JOE LOUIS ARENA...its Dallas that they got to beat. Dallas has won 5 of 6 from us think about it, thats 10 points they took from us and the lead is 4...if we had won at least half of the games we would be up by 4 points right now instead of down....thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess. But yeah we need to beat Dallas..

Devils won tonight and actually got 4 goals on the way to doing it. I felt that the Leafs played a really good game, probably the best I've seen them play all season, but the Devils defence was just too much tonight. The one problem that I see with the Devils right now is just inability to score high scoring games. Yes they scored 4 goals tonight, but look how many goals they normally score and win by. Generally 1 or 2. They have one of the lowest goals for in the league. However our defence has really, along with Brodeur been spectacular since the start of the season. When you have such a strong defence (2nd best right now) you do not need to score too many goals, but being out of the bottom 5 would be nice.

Carolina better watch out, Capitals are now just 3 points behind them. God I hate this division leaders being seeded 1-3. The Southeast division sucks so hard that if the division leader thing wasn't there Carolina would be down in about 9th place and the Devils would be in second. Oh well what can ya do right?

The Ducks are eating the West alive right now. That's the only way to describe it. The only team that they seem to have a problem with is Dallas. Detroit sucks right now and the Ducks have beaten them before and will again. Dallas though... It's like the Devils and Islanders this season.... Devils couldn't beat them till they're last meeting. Ducks seem to struggle against Dallas the same way...

I advertised on my radio show today that I believe that the Ducks can and will win all 3 of their games this week. @ Chicago, @ colorado and vs Montreal. The Canadiens are a great road team but they havent been to Honda Center yet where the annual chant of REFS U SUCK is now famous......or the BULLSHIT chant that someone started yesterday...lots of funny ppl. I love Cali...cant wait till the sunday game against the Canadiens..O CANADA. :)

That should be a great game. Montreal has been playin pretty good latley. Hopefully you guys beat them so they stay behind us XD. I cant wait to go see the Devils game of Friday. Yes it's against Tampa and it probably wont be much of a game, but reguardless it'll just be fun going to a game. I think the Ducks have a great shot at winning against those three teams. Out of the whole NHL right now, the scariest teams I think are the Ducks, Penguins, and believe it or not Capitals (Ovechkin)

well a7xoff the Ducks didnt do too well tonight as we lost only the second game in 13...I was actually in class and I asked this girl behind me to check the score on her laptop twice and she said 1-0 hawks and Im like its cool they will catch up and then hour later shes like 3-0....o well at least the STARS lost...u can afford to lose one game when u win 6 in a row...but the Ducks need to rebound and beat Colorado tomorrow to start a new winning streak....ur Devils are a point behind the SUPER PENGUINS....Im surprised the Capitals are in 9th place only I thought with Ovechin they would be in 7th at least u guys know his mother tatiana is his agent and she is known as the MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN HOCKEY.....angry Russian lady...that would scare anyone.

I'm honestly kind of let down by the Duck's play the other night. 18 penalties. That's just carelessness on the part of the team. They'll be fine for sure. I'm not even surprised it ended in shutout, when you have 18 penalties, your spending a lot of time on defense, reguardless if the other team scores, it still wears on ya.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow night. Devils vs Lightning. It'll be my first trip to Prudential Center, and from what everyone tells me it's a really nice arena. I can't wait to go!!!

Yes, an angry Russian lady scares me too, but I think the Penguins as a team scare me even more...

Eastern Conference
1. Montréal Canadiens
2. New Jersey Devils
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Pittsburgh Penguins
5. Ottawa Senators
6. Boston Bruins
7. New York Rangers
8. Philadelphia Flyers

Western Conference
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. Dallas Stars
3. Calgary Flames
4. San Jose Sharks
5. Anaheim Ducks
6. Minnesota Wild
7. Colorado Avalanche
8. Nashville Predators

So, as you can see Detroit Red Wings, and the Montreal Canadiens are the conference leaders. I'm not surprised on the Red Wings part, but Montreal leading the Eastern Conference is a bit odd. I haven't watched NHL in quite a while. And alot has changed. My Senators fell, Montreal is doing well again. With about one month before the playoffs I'll give my pick for what teams will be in the final. For the Eastern Conference I see it being the....Pittsburgh Penguins. For the Western Conference I see it being the....Dallas Stars. And my pick for the Stanley Cup Champs this year, are the Penguins!

Oh the Eastern Conference... How crazy the top spot is right now. Sadly it looks like the Rangers got they're acts together as they are one of the hottest teams in the East right now. Other teams that are hot right now include New Jersey, Boston, Montreal, and Carolina. Right now according to NHL.com, the Devils hold a 1 point lead over Montreal for the conference lead. Montreal plays the Ducks tonight (GO DUCKS!!!) and then the Devils tomorrow (GO DEVILS!!!!) Should Montreal loose to both the Devils and the Ducks, the Devils would have a 3 point lead over them. Other action that could affect the 1st place spot includes Pittsburgh playing Washington. If the Penguins lead they will pull back to just 1 point behind the Devils in the Atlantic Division and barring a Montreal loss, just 1 point behind the Devils for the Eastern Lead. We have about 1 month to go and the East is really up for grabs at this point. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing another banner flying at Prudential Center, but in order to get the the Devils are going to need to step it up. I was at the Tampa Bay game and the Devils only really played the first, first half of the second, and the overtime. In order to score you have to shoot the puck at the net, which is something they were not doing in that game... We won, but had the puck in Tampa territory most of the game, but did not shoot...

a7xoff I hope u didnt miss me too much during my 3 day absense...just got back from Ducks-Canadiens with my dad...wicked game....3-1 win and Canadiens got outplayed in every way by my Ducks...lots of Habs fans tho..It was probably one of the best hockey games I have been to in recent years...(monday's game was sick tooo)
The Devils remain top dog in the east I made the comment to my dad that Ducks were 8-2 against the East (Penguins and Flyers beat us)./......we NEED TO BEAT THE STARS......as far as the Ducks making it...if they beat the Stars in the playoffs...they are gonna go to the Final Round and while Im praying for a repeat...Im gonna say right now that I wouldnt die if it didnt happen because as long as my team wins consistently for years to come....I will be happy.

a7xoff I hope u didnt miss me too much during my 3 day absense...just got back from Ducks-Canadiens with my dad...wicked game....3-1 win and Canadiens got outplayed in every way by my Ducks...lots of Habs fans tho..It was probably one of the best hockey games I have been to in recent years...(monday's game was sick tooo)
The Devils remain top dog in the east I made the comment to my dad that Ducks were 8-2 against the East (Penguins and Flyers beat us)./......we NEED TO BEAT THE STARS......as far as the Ducks making it...if they beat the Stars in the playoffs...they are gonna go to the Final Round and while Im praying for a repeat...Im gonna say right now that I wouldnt die if it didnt happen because as long as my team wins consistently for years to come....I will be happy.

I can't argue most of that. The Ducks are my fav out West and love them playing well... The impact that Neidermyer and Sellane have on that team though is incredible. I mean look at them this year without them, and then look at them with them. Honestly I think the Ducks are a better team than Detroit. Look at Detroits schedule this month. Most of the games are against the Blues and Preadators.

The Sharks are right up there now too. I'm actually kinda surprised that the Sharks are where they are. They can, I think take the division from Dallas.

The Devils have a rather important game tonight... Devils vs Montreal. Ducks beat them last night pretty soundly. If the Devils play 3 periods of hockey they will win rather easily. They can NOT do what they did against the Lightning and play one and a half period and hope to win in OT. That won't work against Montreal this year. That team is on an emotional high that they have not seen in years.

All I have to say is what a dissapointment the other day with Washington and Pittsburgh... Great game, but I cannot believe that the Caps scored on themselves... When I saw it happen I was stunned... That is one series I would LOVE to see in the playoffs...

and Yes Cool... I missed you cause noone else would talk hockey with me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back