2008-09 NHL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch Devils lost a heartbreaker. Terrible 3rd period overall. in the lead 3-1 Montreal comes back and ties it on a questionable goal. A weird bounce for the lead, a bad penalty call on the Devils with 30 seconds left. 2 on 1 short handed with a fanned shot that probably would have gone in... Just a terrible 3rd period where nothing went right at all. Oh well, it's only the 2nd time since 2002 that the Canadiens have beaten NJ in NJ. Oh well. Since the Penguins lost that means we'll keep the Atlantic Division lead for the break. I'm just stunned about that 3rd period, all the bad breaks you can imagine happened...

Hello all, i'm a newbie. I am actually friends with IC25 an dhe told me all about the website. We have gone to a few Devils games together. I started going to Devils games when I was 6 and have had season tix for 21 years.
I love the Prudencial Center in Newark. I work in Manhattan so the train ride is easy for me but my wife has to drive in from Northern NJ which sucks.
Anyway, what is everybody's thoughts on the trading deadline? Any Devils rumors?

The site has been slow this weekend because the all star break. Im from California so Im a Ducks fan but I want to go to New Jersey to see a Devils game someday (if Im a reporter I will get my wish). The Devils dont look like they need to trade anyone right now. They are doing just fine for themselves. I think that the Red Wings, Ducks, Devils, Senators and Stars are the 5 best teams in the league right now and will continue to be the favs as long as they keep playing well.

The site has been slow this weekend because the all star break. Im from California so Im a Ducks fan but I want to go to New Jersey to see a Devils game someday (if Im a reporter I will get my wish). The Devils dont look like they need to trade anyone right now. They are doing just fine for themselves. I think that the Red Wings, Ducks, Devils, Senators and Stars are the 5 best teams in the league right now and will continue to be the favs as long as they keep playing well.

Hmm I wish the case was that ehy are not going to trade.. However no names have been mentioned, Lamirello is looking at trading some of our TOP PLAYERS... Better be someone better, and I mean better. Wouldn't mind stealing Scott and Rob XD... In all seriousness though... The years that the Devils needed to make big moves in the trade collum they didn't even though they lost tonight I don't think it's time to panic and trade people. The coach is actually punishing the team for they're poor play, which one would think would motivate them. We'll see over the next couple of games what happens... I wish I watched the Rangers/Hurricanes game. I heard it was a slugfest in the 1st

TEMMU IS BACK!!!!!! Temmu Selanne has agreed to return to the Ducks for one more year and help the Ducks in their pursuit or repeating as Stanley Cup Champs. Come on guys the Ducks now have Pronger, Niedermeyer, Weight, Perry, Getzlaf and Selanne. I see a Stanley Cup in our future.

Temmu is back. That's big and I mean big for the Ducks. Look for that record to skyrocket soon I think. I'll be missing the Duck's game tonight which I'm pissed about. I only get to watch so many of they're games, and I have class tonight which sux... Devils playin them next Friday. Should be a great game. I may go if I can get the money and time to do so.

Tonight's Devils vs. Rangers game will be a great contest. Devils have been giving up leads at home and haven't beaten the Rangers at all. The Rangers had a huge win in Philly and they will try to keep the momentum.
As far as deals go, not sure if Lou will look to a big name. Who are tradeable players on the roster? Oduya, Brylin, Rachunek, Brookbank, Rupp.. No team wants another teams garbage for their solid players. To get something you have to give something. I am against trading Zajac because I think he has a lot of promise to his game. The one player that I can see being delt who has trade value and can fetch something back is Gionta. He is really struggling this year. In my eyes he is almost proving to be a one-year wonder with his 48 goals two years ago. He seems to be playing like he deserves to be on the 3rd line. A package of Gionta/Bergfors/Draft Pick can fetch something decent, but again I am unsure if Lou will do that.
As far as players that I would like to see, I like two Oilers - Stoll and Staios. I think they both can help the Devils tremendously. Stoll can be plugged anywhere and Statios is a tough a d-man as they come (something the Devils have lacked). Edmonton is going to be a selling team as well. Don't be suprised to see them go after a player like Stoll, who coul dbe had for not that much.

Ouch... All I'm saying about the game tonight was that it was painful to watch towards the end. The last 10 or so minutes, it looked like the Devils virtually stopped playing. They just stopped, when they were playing, the were easily outplaying the Rangers, but then they just stopped. Just going to show how close the Atlantic Division is now, all of the teams minus the Islanders are within just 2 points of each other. Devils have lost 3 in a row, and I really hope we can at least beat the Kings tomorrow. Devils need defense and it's starting to show. White can only do so much back there on his own pretty much. All of the other defensemen are nothing really to behold. There are a couple others like Vishneski who are good players, but really need to stay out of the damn box. I still feel that when Pandolfo returns our defense will improve a bit, but reguardless. The Devils need ACTUAL Defensemen as opposed to having to rely on Madden and Pandolfo to bail them out of jams.

The Ducks demolished BOTH new york teams. They beat the Islanders 3-0 and the Rangers 4-1. WOW! The Ducks are back! Devils are next! Tomorrow the Ducks are gonna go into New Jersey and Scotty Niedermeyer is gonna beat his former team again. I cannot wait until sunday's game against the Red Wings tho! The Ducks are on a roll now!

The Ducks demolished BOTH new york teams. They beat the Islanders 3-0 and the Rangers 4-1. WOW! The Ducks are back! Devils are next! Tomorrow the Ducks are gonna go into New Jersey and Scotty Niedermeyer is gonna beat his former team again. I cannot wait until sunday's game against the Red Wings tho! The Ducks are on a roll now!

I wouldn't doubt it. The Devils are playing TERRIBLE latley. They lost to Buffalo cause again... They played one period of hockey... So tomorrow I actually do expect to loose to the Ducks. I don't know what's going on with the Devs, but they need to get it back together and quickly. Yes they are still winning games, but they've been way to close for confort besides the game against the Kings (who are they?) Anywho, I got tickets for the Devils/Flyers game at the end of March, should be awesome... Speaking about struggling... WHAT THE HELL IS WITH OTTOWA???!!!

Why?, so you can see your beloved Ducks roll come to an end, LOL, the Wings are on a hell of a roll this year, and Sunday they are gonna they are gonna bring the Ducks back down to earth, and show them who really is the better team...but now that I've talk trash, the Wings will probably lose, since that's what usually happens:(

In all seriousness though, I am really looking forward to this Sundays game, should be a good close one

Reactions: RBH
Hey man Temmu and Niedermeyer are the key. So far, its Detroit 2, Anaheim 1 this season with you guys beating us once in Anaheim and once in Detroit. Its time for us to return the favor this sunday. Its a game I can actually watch! NO COLLEGE, NO WORK HAHA. Its on NATIONAL TV! NBC has the best coverage in my opinion of the NHL (okay maybe Versus is a little better). But NBC is the best network when it comes to broadcasting sports, (football anyone?). I cannot wait until the Ducks play the Wings. Im still waiting for SPORTS TREASURES to deliver my new Ducks jersey! :)

Just like I said. GO DUCKS! We beat the Devils 2-1. Ryan Carter a rookie scored 2 goals against Martin Brodeur. If it werent for our dumb goalie letting that puck deflect off him, it would have been 2-0. Islanders down, Rangers down, Devils down, RED WINGS ARE NEXT! Go Ducks! Temmu and Nidermeyer leads the way!

Meh I still say Elias should have tied it up. Oh well, Devils are on a really weird streak where they play good one period, then terrible the next. Not good... Hopefully they get they're acts together soon, they've shown they can play good consistant hockey, but they need to keep it that way. I must say it was good to see Scotty again. Since I don't get CA TV I don't get to see him often. In all actuallity Sunday will be a good game for the Ducks as will they're return home against Dallas. As for the Devils, we have Hurricanes tomorrow, and then Ottowa on Wed. If we can survive Carolina we should have a good game vs Ottowa... That is a good game for two teams that have really been struggling since the break.

Reactions: RBH
Poor Justin, :) That was a great game! The Ducks dominated the densive side for the most part and were able to barely beat the Red Wings 3-2. But I gotta admit we DID steal it from you guys! That was a total screwjob. Detroit DID score the tying goal and it was ruled NO GOAL. We will name it the JOE LOUIS SCREW JOB
But still even so the Ducks proved without a shadow of a doubt that they are a force to be reckoned with. They now stand in 4th place in the conference with 2 points seperating them and the Stars. I have more confidence than ever in the Ducks and I strongly believe that they will be winning this next match against the Avalanche and then the Stars. Great time to be a Ducks fan. Stanley Cup here we come!

Devils finally pulled it together again the other night. I've been sick for a few days, so i havent been able to post, but damn they killed the Hurricanes. Should be a good game wednsday against Ottowa. Anyone see that Panther game... Damn that was scary.

Well the Ducks finished the road trrip with 5 wins in a row! Yes! We beat the Islanders, Rangers, Devils, RedWings and Avalanche all on the road. We wenr 7-5-1 in the 13 game stretch and 5-3 on the road trip. AMAZING! Now we play 2/3 of ou final games at home. Can someone say FUTURE CHAMPS?The Ducks are sure to finish #2 in the West now and we will have ourr playoff rematch with the Wings.

Some damn good hockey in NJ tonight. Ottowa and the Devils, both desperate for wins really went at it. Devils came out on top from a beautiful goal in OT. They sit now just one point behind the Penguins, and due to Ottowa really foundering latley we are just a mere 5 points behind them, with another chance to play them Saturday. First thing is first though. Atlanta. An interesting note. Devils have won four of they're last 6 and have at least gotten a point in 5 of the last 6. The only loss we had in regulation was against the Ducks. Pittsburgh has won 4 of they're last 6 as well. Just like the Devils they have gotten points in 5 of those games. An OT loss to the Devils and a loss tonight against Boston. The East is up for grabs for basically the Northeast and Atlantic divisions. It's going to be an insane stretch.

Out West... Detroit continues to eat everyone except the Ducks... Cause the Ducks are that damn good right now... I'd love to see Devils vs Ducks in the finals, but I don't see the Devils getting there playing how they are now. A month or two ago, yes, now no... So if the Devils aint there I'd ove to see the Penguins get there.

Ducks vs Stars tonight. This could be a key game in the series. The Ducks really NEED to beat Dallas here. They are on a roll from winning they're road trip. 4 losses in 5 games against Dallas is not good, expically when the two teams could potentially meet up in the playoffs. Speaking of on a roll... Buffalo has gotten points in each of they're last 10 games... Sabers on a roll who knows? I don't... I'll be certainly listening tonight at 9pm EST to Ducks vs Stars tonight.

Actually the game is tomorrow (friday). Nah the Ducks are sleeping tonight. LOL. Sabres are in 8th/9th place I believe. The Ducks will beat the Stars. Last year we split the series with the Stars so we can compete.

Ah shit... shows how much I'm paying attention... Make that tomorrow I'll listen to that game. After the Devils play Atlanta of course. Idk wut the Hell I was lookin at earlier... Anyway it appears that the Penguins and Flyers are cooling off at possibly the worst time for them. Devils have caught back up to them and dropped the Flyers by three points already. Both Philly and the Pens. lost today which means the Devils can take the Atlantic Division lead tomorrow night.... I still don't know what I was looking at before...

My my my how the Eastern Conference has changed. Ottowa has fallen completly back into the grasp of Montreal as they are tied with them now for 1st in the east. Sitting just 2 points (one game) back from them are none other then the Devils and the Penguins. It has really become evident that in the east right now there are 4 potential power teams. By that I mean teams that are playing exceptionally well. Ottowa had at one point a 10 point lead over everyone in the east, and nobody really thought they'd be able to catch them. Now possibly with a win tonight against the Sharks, the Devils will move into a 3 way tie with the Senators and Canadians.
Out West Detroit finally snapped it's strange loosing streak with a shut out against the Avalanche. Even with a 6 game loosing streak nobody really made up to much ground on them as they still sit a very comfortable 10 points ahead of Dallas.

Sorry I been absent for a while...got busy. But yeah did you guys see the Ducks beat the Avs last night? That was amazing! We are now 4 points behind the Stars. Here we come. Only team that has beaten us (Dallas) in the last 8 games. I despise the Dallas Stars!

Nah I didnt get a chance to listen to the Ducks beating the Avs. I've been too busy listening to most of the East.. You want to talk about a close race. The Atlantic Division right now is a mere two point difference from 1st to second and the Eastern Conference itself is all tied up between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Ottowa Senators. Devils didn't play tonight and now sit just two points behind the Penguins. Should the Devils FINALLY beat the Islanders tomorrow, there could potentially be a 3 way points tie for first in the East between two Atlantic Division teams, and the Senators. Let's not forget the Canadiens who also sit just 2 points behind the Senators and Penguins. Hell look at the bottom of the playoff list... Right now there are like 4 teams within 3 points of eachother. It's crazy over here. I wish I could say I'm as excited about the West, but Detroit... Though the vicegrip seems to be weaking to a surging Dallas and Ducks, the West is still pretty much a one team race right now.

The Ducks beat the Blues 2-1 last night thanks to an overtime goal. I am very happy that they have won 8 of 9 and can now say they are one of the biggest threats in the west and the entire league. I cannot wait until next monday: Stanley Cup Final rematch! Im gonna be at that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back