1 Star!? Really!?

czar76

Occasional Pre-Show
First off sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I know that the polls on the main page are just there for fun and they don't mean much but damn 30% of the people voted one star for Slammiversary.
Did they watch the show? True it wasn't the best I have ever seen but it sure as hell was better then what TNA has put out lately. I am well aware that people either love or hate TNA but come on. Even if this was the only TNA event u ever saw it deserves better then a one star vote.

Just my opinion would love to know urs. And please have something better to say then TNA sucks. At least back it up if u feel that way.

I'd guess none of those people even saw the pay-per-view.

The general consensus is that it was a good show. Some even called it the best of the year, which I think is a stretch, but still.

1 star would mean Slammiversary was among the worst PPV's ever. Even if you didn't like it, I'd expect anyone to agree it was head and shoulders above shows like Heroes of Wrestling, King of the Ring 1995, In Your House 9, etc.

Haters are gonna hate. Joe vs. Aries was better than anythink Punk and Bryan have put together in the last few months AND everyone is saying that is the best thing going for in ring work in WWE.

The WWE fan boys just don't want anyone else to succeed, even when they are. Out of 5 stars I'd give the show 3.5. Aries/Joe, Tag title match alone were superb matches

Lately both companies have compiled their last few ppv's with 4 randomly put together matches and 4 advertised matches. Thus making for a less then stellar ppv experience and making it feel like a glorified raw or impact taping....just my opinion but recently both companies ppv's have deserved less then satisfactory reviews.

I won't say that I don't like TNA but I definitely prefer WWE. You're right though; haters gon' hate.

I thought the PPV because I thought it had potential. It could have been a really memorable 10th anniversary. It started off amazing with Joe/Aries and Hernandez/Kash had a good match but I think it ended a bit abruptly. After that, the ppv just started to get progressively worse with a few exceptions here and there.

I think the worst part was that I was tired of listening and watching TNA give Sting blowjob after blowjob all night. It made the main event too predictable. After all that Sting propaganda, I knew Roode would win.

It could have been such a strong ppv though. :banghead:

Its a joke poll. Most people who vote are either complete WWE fans and TNA haters. They will vote anything related to TNA 1 star.

Slammiversary in my opinion was a good PPV and I give it 3.5 stars.

Haters are gonna hate. Joe vs. Aries was better than anythink Punk and Bryan have put together in the last few months AND everyone is saying that is the best thing going for in ring work in WWE.
Oh please just stop it now your just being a mark yourself. Joe vs Aries at Slammiversary was not better than Punk vs Bryan at Over the Limit. It was a damn good match but not better than Punk-Bryan at Otl. Did you even see that match at Otl?

The WWE fan boys just don't want anyone else to succeed, even when they are. Out of 5 stars I'd give the show 3.5. Aries/Joe, Tag title match alone were superb matches
The majority of people who probably gave the ppv 1 star are probably the same majority of the people who write comments in the comment section of the articles. Have you read the comments in the news articles? Yeah the majority of those people are fucking idiots, so I don't know why anybody would get so upset over a poll on the main page that has no credibility whatsoever? It's foolish.

Oh please just stop it now your just being a mark yourself. Joe vs Aries at Slammiversary was not better than Punk vs Bryan at Over the Limit. It was a damn good match but not better than Punk-Bryan at Otl. Did you even see that match at Otl?

I did, so I stand by my statement. I thoroughly enjoyed Aries/Joe far better than Punk/Bryan. I think Bryan has been exceptional, but I really do think that CM Punk is average at the moment. His matches have not hit the mark and when given the opportunity to really turn it up, he seems a bit lost in the ring, which has let all of their matches down slightly.

Aries/Joe just hit all the right buttons, and although it had no build up, it was a great story in the ring and had fans like me who had seen their previous matches in RoH fooled such as Joe escaping the choke being floated over into a pin and kicking out Aries' 450.

That is my backing up of my statement.Not being a mark, just going on how I see the matches.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
This is WWE fanboy Trolling, and every TNA related PPV Poll will be the same. Especially when fools like you complain and make the 1 star votes from people that probably didnt even watch the show worth the 2 secconds it took to cast.

I watched it....it kinda still sucked 2.5/5 IMO and that is being generous. Tna have all the tools, but they are not using them.

The problem is that TNA wrestling fans (myself included) are used to pay per views that should be negative "5" more often then not. So when a pay per views doesn't completely make you want to commit suicide for ordering it doesn't mean it deserves a high score. they just happen to set the bar too low. Promising HUGE surprises and such, which never impress or they'll just pretend what they said never happened and nothing will happen at all. They hyped the crap out of this pay per view and it was a huge letdown. Im sorry but Jeff Jarrett not being the first man inducted is a travesty (regardless of what Vince Thinks of him.)

It happens with every TNA PPV. People will vote 1 star just because of the fact that it was a TNA PPV, rather that voting based on quality. Simply ignore such polls and enjoy the PPV. I doubt that your opinion of TNA (or any other product) will (or should) change due to a few people trolling.

I did, so I stand by my statement. I thoroughly enjoyed Aries/Joe far better than Punk/Bryan. I think Bryan has been exceptional, but I really do think that CM Punk is average at the moment. His matches have not hit the mark and when given the opportunity to really turn it up, he seems a bit lost in the ring, which has let all of their matches down slightly.

Aries/Joe just hit all the right buttons, and although it had no build up, it was a great story in the ring and had fans like me who had seen their previous matches in RoH fooled such as Joe escaping the choke being floated over into a pin and kicking out Aries' 450.

That is my backing up of my statement.Not being a mark, just going on how I see the matches.
Ok fair enough I'll give you that as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Although I would believe that if you took a poll between a hundred neutral wwe and tna fans that at least 70% would say Punk vs Bryan was better than Joe vs Aries. Could be just the style of matches you enjoy as well where as Punk/Bryan was a more technical match that started off slow and picked up throughout where as Aries/Joe was a more fast paced match throughout.

I am a WWE guy and have been forever... but I do love wrestling and really do want TNA or Impact Wrestling or whatever they go buy nowadays to not only succeed, but to actually challenge WWE. Competition would be great for EVERYBODY.

As far as the PPV goes. Aries (who is and will always be better than Sandow, btw) vs Joe was un-freakin'-believable, and I really don't care for Joe at all. The only thing I didn't like about this match was the no weight limit stip. Wasn't it just put into effect last august.

Hernandez vs Kash... take it or leave it
Robbies vs D-von/Bischoff-- could've and should've been a D-von TV title match...
Anderson vs RVD vs Hardy-- pretty solid match, good finish... i'd say another high point.
Crimson vs James Storm... Glad to see the cowboy back, but the streak could've been booked a little better....

Jeff Jarrett announced as the first inductee to the TNA hall of fame.............................
is what i should be saying right here. HUGE mistake...

Tessmacher vs Kim.. I actually liked it and anytime miss tessmacher is seen is a win... however being heard is another story...

Park vs Bully Ray... Bully Ray is awesome... the match eh... whatever

Christian, the WWE Intercontinental Champion, was on TNA tv... cool moment, but for really no reason... no i didn't expect a match, but i actually expected something worthwhile...

Kurt/Aj vs Daniels/Kaz... great match but i am just tired of seeing random tag teams thrown together (both promotion).
Sting vs Roode... Awesome... loved it

i'd say 3 to 3.5 stars...

I personally thought TNA's Slammiversary was pretty good. Some throw away matches like every PPV going in whichever company but there were some stand out matches too like the triple threat match and the tag match was pretty damn good with Styles/Angle and Kazarian/Daniels. I was just talking to a friend about it earlier and gave it 3.75 stars mostly because a couple matches that were meh like Devon/Garret vs Robbie/Robbie and the finish of Sting/ROOOOO was well corny.

There's probably more WWE fans/TNA haters that come to the site rather than TNA lovers. They're just trolling and I don't think it should matter what others think of a PPV. Each individual viewer should decide how good they think it was. If you like it, does it matter what some internet trolls do?

By the way, if you check that poll after any TNA PPV, it's always like that.

Who gives a dam?

If you enjoyed it, you enjoyed it. If you didn't, then you didn't. The live crowd enjoyed it, the TNA roster are said to have enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and many others did too.

Were all the matches 5 star? Of course not! The PPV did have some great matches and was one of the most harmonious PPVs I've seen from TNA in some time. Kash - Hernandez was random but enjoyable, Crimson's open challenge provided a great surprise (or 2 - Storm and the ending of the streak), Aries and Joe got the crowd amped up plus Sting's surprise induction caught the man completely off-guard but was still a great moment.

As of late TNA have got some good momentum going. Like WWE, they still have some short-comings, but on Sunday night, TNA did themselves proud.

I prefer WWE but TNA has been pulling me in recently. When it's shit I will say it is shit but it isn't at the moment. The last PPV was good I don't mind last minute matches. Aries vs Joe was an amazing match which alone warrants the whole thing getting more than 1 stars. It's not just with TNA a few people post on subjects they don't really watch.

Have you seen a lot of the jerk offs that post on the main articles? They troll and give zero thought into anything they post. 98 percent of them hate on every TNA article. Those are the people who vote on the polls.

you know how i look at it after a TNA PPV. I myself vote for the actual ppv and after the results are shown, i imiditely disregard the 1 star votes completely because i know it is just the blow hard WWE dingleberries being themselves.

after ignoring the one star votes u usually get a good idea of what the people who actually watched the show voted

Didn't watch the PPV so don't know about the quality of most of it but, as a fan of both Joe and Aries I did watch their (and Roodes) match online. I get why some people 1 starred it a mix between trollin' and random disappoint I'd say. However, against this whole WWE fanboys vs TNA fanboys thing, I personally think WWE is a far superior product everything about it looks better than TNA, but, anyone who actually likes good wrestling would be stupid to miss stuff that includes the likes of: Storm, Roode, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and (dare I say it) Abyss. The thing that personally bugs me about TNA and prevents me from watching is all the dinosaurs that constantly plague the company (Sting is still ok though, I do hate seeing clips of him in WCW now though puts things in to perspective.) and just the involvement of Hogan & Bischoff is so off-putting that I don't see how any new fans could go there whilst they are in the company. Not to mention the fact that even though through their parent company Panda TNA has way, way more money than WWE the show still looks way cheaper which is off-putting in any type of industry but, is even more so in the modern Entertainment industry.

The PPV was pretty good, in fact, as much as wwe tv has sucked lately, their ppvs are been mint in quality too. That being said, the main event KILLED the TNA ppv for me. More Sting getting heat, dodgy bullshit ref crap finishes. A good undercard will only get you so far, but if the main events keep being shit, then you will sadly be left with a bitter taste like I was. 1 star is way too harsh, but, the ending did take a whole star off for me....

There are fanboys on both sides who do stupid shit like this. Your best bet is to ignore them and move on. Not really much you can do.

I'm a WWE guy and I watch TNA even though I don't really enjoy it. I only watched Slammiversary because I was still awake at the time it started. I found it a lot better than Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber from this year. The Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe match would be in my top 5 or even top 3 matches of the year from WWE or TNA. There's no way that its a 1 star PPV, should have been at least 3 stars but it's probably just idiots voting 1 star for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back