• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE wants Jeff Hardy back? Are they this desperate?

I don't really see how WWE wanting Jeff Hardy back makes them desperate. When he left the WWE, he was one of the company's biggest stars. He was just as over as John Cena (if not more over) and from what I heard, outsold Cena in terms of merchandise so I can see how WWE can want him back especially after what went down on Jan 4. As far as most of us know right now, Hardy hasn't signed a new TNA deal and if that's the case, this could be WWE's only opportunity to get him back before he is lost to the competition. As Dagger said earlier, Vince wants less big stars in TNA and not only is Jeff hardy a big star but can also solidify TNA as a threat (assuming TNA can utilize him correctly).

I am going to agree with those saying its more so that TNA doesn't have him. The WWE spent a lot of time and energy in Jeff Hardy to make him a champion. They invested in him, and even though the investment didn't work, they don't want TNA to have a main eventer that the WWE spend so much time building up. However, I think its a knee-jerk reaction at best, and if they think about it, they are better off without him. Let TNA have him, he will be going to prison for a while anyway. Let him be their publicity nightmare. Jeff Hardy proved he can't carry the ball. The WWE gave him chance after chance, and he blew them all. Good riddance. Maybe Jeff will give TNA management the same PR headaches, until its time for him to serve his prison sentence for the pharmacy he had in his car.

Hell yeah they are. Jeff Hardy is the biggest name right now in wrestling, whether everyone likes it or not. The guy has been so majorly over the past few years you'd have thought his name was Stone Cold or something. They don't give a shit about legal problems or drugs, that's a been there done that, wrote the book on most of it for Vince and the WWE.

Hell yeah they are. Jeff Hardy is the biggest name right now in wrestling, whether everyone likes it or not. The guy has been so majorly over the past few years you'd have thought his name was Stone Cold or something. They don't give a shit about legal problems or drugs, that's a been there done that, wrote the book on most of it for Vince and the WWE.

Sorry but I disagree with you there man. Hardy is really over right now and has been since his feud with Orton at 2008's Royal Rumble, not arguing that.... but he will never be as big as Stone Cold. Hardy's mainly just over for doing insane spots with his Swantons. This reaction will die down eventually. At one point in 2005 Batista was more over than Cena. That died down. Hardy's reaction will too. In my opinion it's more about the WWE wanting TNA to have one less wrestler who's really over. I don't think they necessarily want Jeff himself back since he's had so many wellness policy violations and he has a lot of issues, but he'd be one less star in TNA for Vince to worry about. Vince doesn't want any of his main eventers to federation jump because then TNA could become a legit thread to him. That's my thoughts.

I didn't mean he would be as big as Stone Cold. His reactions from the crowd, they were just as big as if Austin walked down the ramp. I saw Hardy at 2 shows and both times the crowd was deafening. I am in no way comparing him to Austin, just in terms of the reaction he gets, yeah. Jeff was still getting it done in the ring, and he's still over with the fans despite not having set foot in a WWE ring in a while now.

It's desperate to want your top face far, far away from the competition? Vince may not want to admit it, but I'm sure there are rumblings in the higher ups at WWE headquarters. TNA most definitely does not the increase in audience demographics that Jeff Hardy brings, as far as the WWE are concerned. He'll ring in the women and teenage girls, along with the teenage boys and older dudes who are fans of jumping off of shit (cough*ECW*cough). That's definitely a jump in viewers no one wants in their competition. You can try to deny all you want, but Jeff Hardy will draw his fair share.

And besides, as Tasty pointed out, they didn't say "Don't wrestle for TNA, come wrestle for us now." As far as this article says, they could want Hardy to just stay away from TNA, sort out his legal troubles, and then come back to WWE. There is nothing there that says that WWE is promising him an immediate angle with Taker over the title starting next Smackdown taping.

All this is is an attempt at good business by the WWE. No one can ever say the WWE is bad at being a business.

I really hope they get Jeff Hardy back and do a storyline that plays on his drug problems and his previous feud with CM Punk where Jeff comes back asking that Punk rids him of his demons and lets him join the Straight Edge Society.
Then have them team up in tag competition as bi-polar due to there past life differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back