Why TNA shouldn't trust Jeff Hardy

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
Jeff Hardy has made mistakes just like everyone else in life has. But Jeff hardy doesn't learn from his mistakes. Jeff Hardy was given the push of his life in WWE. He was given three World Heavyweight/WWE title reigns. He was the top star on Smackdown. Jeff Hardy left all of this because he wanted a break from pro wrestling. He wanted to work on side projects like his band and art. WWE gave him his release and he goes and gets himself in trouble again gets arrested and drags the WWE name through the mud. Hardy then goes to TNA despite saying he was done with wrestling. Further proving McMahon and the WWE should have never trusted him after they gave him the world. Now why in the hell should TNA trust him at all. After all last time he worked in TNA he was fired for multiple no shows at TNA events. He was unreliable and he is still heavily involved in this investigation of his drug trafficing activities. Why TNA signed him I have no idea. But they sure as hell can't trust him. Talented or not Jeff Hardy is cancer to himself and others. He is a bad example to all of the young kids who wear his merch and look up to him. Do you think TNA was smart in signing Jeff Hardy or not?

How is he a cancer to others? Name one example. Randy Orton is a POS person but that does not mean he is not at the top of everyone's list if they could have one guy. TNA signed Hardy because of all the fans he has. The guy is at his apex of popularity in wrestling. Why in the world would TNA not sign a guy like that if available? Do you not realize that the TNA schedule is much less involved than the WWE one? He can do both wrestling and still have time for other stuff. If WWE gave him at least a second chance in which he performed well for the company why would TNA not do the same? Should they push Hardy as the face of the company because he might leave? Now that is an interesting question. But should they have signed him in general is a no-brainer yes.

How is he a cancer to others? Name one example. Randy Orton is a POS person but that does not mean he is not at the top of everyone's list if they could have one guy. TNA signed Hardy because of all the fans he has. The guy is at his apex of popularity in wrestling. Why in the world would TNA not sign a guy like that if available? Do you not realize that the TNA schedule is much less involved than the WWE one? He can do both wrestling and still have time for other stuff. If WWE gave him at least a second chance in which he performed well for the company why would TNA not do the same? Should they push Hardy as the face of the company because he might leave? Now that is an interesting question. But should they have signed him in general is a no-brainer yes.

Hardy has a huge fanbase and will bring in fans thats a give in. Problem is I'm saying I wouldn't have signed him to a contract. Let him wrestle by appearance. Don't give him too much for fear he burns you and goes back to WWE. Hardy can't be trusted. He has proven it in the past. He let his brother down, he let Vince McMahon down, Triple H down, and himself down. Jeff makes mistakes and doesn't learn from them. Jeff will screw TNA again if given the chance because thats what Jeff Hardy does. Popular guy sure but worth investing alot of time and money in no.

Jeff Hardy shouldn't wrestle if he's this much of a pain in the a**. TNA hired him to gain ratings. Jeff Hardy most definitely won't give TNA ratings. I thought TNA would never hire Jeff again after the NO SHOWS. I like TNA and WWE, but Jeff Hardy needs to stop this whole drug issue. I don't see him living a long and happy life until he stops. Otherwise I'll be happy with whatever company he goes to.

If he wasn't a drug abuser then I'd say that he'd probably still be with WWE, first time he left or got fired I can't remember why back in 2003, was due to drugs. He received a poor reception when he went to ROH, had a reasonable run in TNA yet never won a Title but still challenged for it, and then he returned to WWE, failed 2 drugs test and it was rumored (I can't remember where I read it but I definitly read it) but unsure if it was true that one of the reasons why he left was down to failing another drugs test, few weeks later he gets caught with a great deal of drugs and is now facing some serious jail time. He's a great talent and has the fans backing him but his personal life is just a terrible road to be going down, we've heard so many horror stories involving drugs, not only in wrestling but other places as well. Plus him being as wreckless as he's been has hurt Matt's career as well. Last I read Jeff's court issues were yesterday and they determine whether or not he'll be sentenced. TNA made a big mistake in signing him, especially at this point, with WWEs Wellness Policy intact Jeff would have probably never been allowed back into WWE, but TNA just let him roll right in, and have chosen to feature him on TNA. Wonder what happens if he does get sentenced, he could be in the middle of a push or feud and then from out of nowhere he wont be seen from a specific amount of time. He was given the World in WWE, something guys like Benjamin, Christian, Morrison, Matt and many others who are yet to hold a World Title and receive a mega push crave so badly but basically blew it up. I thought that he'd learnt from past mistakes and wouldn't have touched the drugs but he went back on his word. But if he does get sentenced and so on, its TNA who have him signed so they'll take a huge blow.

People need to understand that the full story of these drug charges taking place isnt completly understood by most wrestling fans here. As soon as jeff left, (I feel nothing wrong with him leaving since he loves music, art, The Hardy Show, and motorcross) it was a week later he was arrested. No time at all for him to have gotten those drugs. It was reported strongly that cops sent jeff a package with those drugs in them, once hardy took them inside without knowing what it was, or who it was from, he was busted. The reason this was done, was for an excuse to search hardys home for more drugs. They performed the search but found nothing. Instead of explaining the excuse, they arrested him for the package they sent to the door. Why they did it? I have no idea, but they did.

As for signing with TNA, there is a strong reason he did that too. He was strongly planing on coming back to WWE, but after his arrest WWE publicly added that to the storylines with CM Punk mentioning the arrest. That would piss off anybody, especially when he was screwed into the arrest in the first place. Being that mad at TNA and the fact that he could still do his side projects and wrestle in TNA, he signed with them. If WWE left the arrest to his own buissness, he probably would of took a break until the summer then signed with WWE again.
For the people that say jeff is still all messed up and on drugs, He hasnt used any heavy drugs since his suspension in 2003, after that he stopped. Yes, he had trouble with PAIN KILLERS before, but so do many athletes, and they never get near as much heat as Jeff did.

First off, I've never heard this conspiracy theory that Jeff Hardy was somehow set up by the police to search his house and then somehow was arrested for the drugs the police themselves gave him. It sounds like Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory 101 to me, especially when discussing Hardy's previous relationship with "recreational" drugs.

Jeff's always been a great athlete with a screw loose upstairs. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did in WWE after his second strike in March 08. Regardless of Hardy's abuse or alleged abuse to drugs, it is Hardy's own fault that he is in the situation that he is in legally. Even if you say he's innocent, he's guilty of putting himself in this situation. He needs to take steps to remove himself from this drug-induced environment for his own well being.

That being said, can you trust Jeff Hardy? Given his prior work in TNA, I would say no. He no showed PPV events that he was promoted at, the ultimate FU, if any ever existed, for wrestling. But TNA needed a big name from WWE, and Jeff Hardy is the most recent big name WWE had that has been released. This goes back to the Hogan situation. Hogan needed TNA, and TNA needed Hogan. Likewise, TNA needed Hardy, and with WWE wiping their hand of Hardy, Hardy might likewise need TNA to help rebuild his reputation.

Hello everyone! On the topic of why TNA shouldn't trust Jeff Hardy, my question is why the hell not???? How are you guys out there thinking even for a second that Hogan and Bischoff could be trusted.

It's not a big dark secret that Jeff Hardy has made mistakes and plenty of them, but the man is trying to change. I understand he was given multiple chances in WWE, but he is no longer there.

Give the guy an opportunity to redevelop himself in TNA and attempt to correct his past misdeeds. I see Jeff as the future of TNA and I don't feel he will disappoint his "Creatures of the Night", especially now that he is on top of his game.

Hogan and Bischoff were given second chances in TNA, so let's all give Jeff Hardy the same benefit of the doubt!

Yours truly,
Sincere Voice of Wrestling!

The following is a post from an article on the Bleacher Report by Joe Burgett:

"Recently, I decided to dive further into the Jeff Hardy drug trafficking charges. I wrote an article about two months ago, citing that Hardy was probably innocent of the drug trafficking charges simply because the police packed charges on.

For those of you who didn't see the article, I discovered some information regarding the Hardy case, and wrote about it here. I wrote that the police set Hardy up to arrest and question him, as well as search his home.

Information stated that there was an anonymous tip given to the police regarding drug abuse and trafficking at Jeff Hardy's place of residence in Moore County, N.C.

I found out from sources that the police decided that they would do a sort of sting operation in that they would have a package mailed to his home with drugs inside.

It would have a known address to Hardy, which would give him (in his mind) no reason not to take the package inside and open it.

Once the package was taken inside, the police broke into his home and arrested him.

He was taken in for questioning, and of course they searched his home. The drugs they found in his home were added to the drugs in the package.

See, the package had a bunch of drugs inside, so they had to have a valid reason to search his home. And a drug trafficking possibility is a valid reason.

A tip can't just give the police the right to burst into one's home. They have to have a warrant and a valid reason for the search.

If I told the police my neighbor was selling drugs to people, the police won't just barge into his home. They will try and catch him in the act to prove it first.

If they can never catch him, then they know the information given was false and there was no need to barge into an innocent man's place of residence with no proof.

The same happened with Hardy. A person gave information to the police and the police tried to catch Hardy. The issue was that they knew he wasn't selling, so they couldn't just go into his house without proof.

They wanted to search his home, so they dropped off a package with plenty of evidence to go in, which is smart if you ask me. It gives them plenty of reasons to go in legally.

The problem is that they added their drugs to the weight of the ones Hardy already had. Keep in mind that all drugs were added to this, even the valid prescription pills. So, the weight shouldn't be something you take to heart.

I recently spoke with a family friend who gave me a ton of big information, which most likely gave someone the thought that Hardy was attaining drugs illegally.

The source told me that Hardy has six herniated disks in his back, which meant that any doctor he visited would give him a valid prescription for painkillers. All the drugs he had in his home had a valid prescription.

The big information here was that Hardy actually had friends who would go in and pick up his meds. People could just call the pharmacy and say they were coming to pick up Jeff's pain meds, and the pharmacist would give it to them when they arrived.

They would hand over the prescription to the pharmacist, and then they would give the meds to the person for Jeff, which is perfectly legal.

The issue was that because people went to the pharmacy and picked up drugs for Jeff, they also dropped by his home a lot, handing them over. These actions made it look as if he was getting a massive load of drugs illegally.

This most likely gave a person the reason to tell the police about Hardy possibly getting illegal drugs.

He did use steroids, as well, but they were anabolic steroids. These steroids are given for unbearable pain, and my source told me that Hardy rarely used them, but had them to use when the prescription painkillers weren't enough.

When the police came in, all of the drugs Hardy had were skeptical to them. He had many pain killers, as well as steroids. But they were all legal, as every one of the painkillers and steroids have a valid prescription.

They added the ones Hardy had with all the drugs in the package, and that caused a drug trafficking charge based on the weight.

The big issue is that the case for Hardy keeps being moved back. This case could go on for another year or so from what people are saying.

Both sides are trying to prove something, but the fact is that they can't pack a trafficking charge on Hardy without more proof, which they will never have.

Hardy can't have any charge regarding trafficking with valid prescriptions, so it's obvious he will get off on that.

The drugs in the package will be taken off, as there was no reason to add them anyway. Hardy has the ball in his court, and it looks like he will get off of the big charges against him if all the findings that have been released now are true.

Therefore, the only realistic charge is for the cocaine found. It was a small trace of cocaine, but it's likely a charge will be handed down regarding it.

He may be fined a bit, or even get a few hours of community service for it. In any case, whatever they do regarding that charge will not be huge.

But what do you think? With all the information being released favoring Hardy as of late, do you feel that Hardy could be innocent of most of the charges?"

Now with that said, you can see that all the morons on these threads are making this out to be more than what it is. Obviously TNA would not have given Hardy a contract if they weren't sure this was a non-issue.

Hardy has a huge fanbase and will bring in fans thats a give in. Problem is I'm saying I wouldn't have signed him to a contract. Let him wrestle by appearance. Don't give him too much for fear he burns you and goes back to WWE. Hardy can't be trusted. He has proven it in the past. He let his brother down, he let Vince McMahon down, Triple H down, and himself down. Jeff makes mistakes and doesn't learn from them. Jeff will screw TNA again if given the chance because thats what Jeff Hardy does. Popular guy sure but worth investing alot of time and money in no.

You are not making much sense to me here. Why would Hardy sign on to wrestle to make an appearance here and there for chump change? The answer is he would not. TNA signed him on a pay by appearance contract for about 100 appearances over the next year. Seems like a great way to keep him coming in and from leaving on a whim. If you only pay him each time he comes in he can leave whenever he wants.

I do not really understand who he let down. It sounds like Hardy was smart to leave wwe. He knew he was burnt out and needed time off. If anything wwe (vince, triple H etc.) let him down by continuously trying to keep him staying on. Something, given the schedule, which would seem to be a mitigating factor if he did turn back to drugs.

If Hardy has a huge fanbase that is a given that he will bring in (something I am not entirely sure is accurate anyway but its your words), how is he not worth investing in?

As for the drug charges initially people were thinking the worst but more recently it seems the vast majority are quite sure he is not getting hit with any felonies and should get something like a slap on the wrist if that. I am sure tna did their homework.

Battlez, your logic is baffling to me. You wouldn't sign the hottest free agent in the business to a contract for fear of being let down? You would let him go on a pay by appearance deal? Where does that leave the bookers and the talent? How are Bischoff and Russo etc supposed to book a feud with him if he is not obliged to show up? He could show up in WWE at a moments notice.

Having him tied to a contract gives TNA the security of being able to plan for a future. If he fucks up, then use him to put someone over. It's simple logic and TNA is on a win win. I'm certain TNA have imposed rules and obligations about his schedule and I'm certain his court case will end up going in his favour (no jail sentence) because of TNA's signing him.

I think that Jeff hardy never really wanted to go to WWE for some reason. He was one of the first real stars that tna got and he has always said that he loves working there. The only reson he when back to wwe was just to fulfill his lifelong dream of facing his brother at wrestlemania. Other than that his hart has never been with the wwe. IMO he is a guy that like a lot of controversy, and he would like to have a big impact in pro wrestling, that’s why he went to wwe, just to get his cHarrecter more of a push and credibility as a world champ. Know that he has finally done so, he wants to fallow in Scott Halls foots steps. And move back to the company he has always loved and take it to the top. Same goes for Christian cage, his just hanging out in the wwe to get recognition, but as soon as his contract is up, for sure he will go back to his buddies in TNA!!! WOFPACK 4 EVER

Im glad to see that word is finally getting out that the drug charges are not as big as they are, and that hardy was set up. As for getting into this situation himself, sure its his fault he got in trouble back in 2003, 100 percent his fault, but people have made much worse mistakes. Its not his fault however, that he is still thought of as a drugie and is being followed around and set up, He is being terribly screwed by the fans that jump to concluisions to say hes always screwed up with drugs and is not loyal to wrestling. Sure, when tons of wrestling fans get together, without knowing the full story and attack hardy, it sure can make it seem like Jeff is a terrible person, when really its not.

the bottom line is tna probablly are not worried about trust right now its about money love him or hate him jeff hardy puts butts in the seats and sells lots of merch so even if hes only there for a short amount of time the risk will have paid off.

People need to understand that the full story of these drug charges taking place isnt completly understood by most wrestling fans here. As soon as jeff left, (I feel nothing wrong with him leaving since he loves music, art, The Hardy Show, and motorcross) it was a week later he was arrested. No time at all for him to have gotten those drugs. It was reported strongly that cops sent jeff a package with those drugs in them, once hardy took them inside without knowing what it was, or who it was from, he was busted. The reason this was done, was for an excuse to search hardys home for more drugs. They performed the search but found nothing. Instead of explaining the excuse, they arrested him for the package they sent to the door. Why they did it? I have no idea, but they did.

As for signing with TNA, there is a strong reason he did that too. He was strongly planing on coming back to WWE, but after his arrest WWE publicly added that to the storylines with CM Punk mentioning the arrest. That would piss off anybody, especially when he was screwed into the arrest in the first place. Being that mad at TNA and the fact that he could still do his side projects and wrestle in TNA, he signed with them. If WWE left the arrest to his own buissness, he probably would of took a break until the summer then signed with WWE again.
For the people that say jeff is still all messed up and on drugs, He hasnt used any heavy drugs since his suspension in 2003, after that he stopped. Yes, he had trouble with PAIN KILLERS before, but so do many athletes, and they never get near as much heat as Jeff did.

Your kidding me right! Conspiricy theories now! You are a tool. Where did you get your info from? Made it up yourself is my bet. You say he hasnt used any heavy drugs since his suspension in 2003, mate how the f*** do you know that? Do you hang out with the guy, tools like you are what makes blogs like this crap, coming in here acting as if you know everything. Anyone would think you had your d*** up Jeff's a**!!! Gte ya head out your a** and stop talking crap. We all know Jeff screwed up once again. By the way, this was his third strike. Id LOVE to see you go to the court and tell the judge the police planted drugs on Jeff, you would get laughed out of court. Or how about you write Jeff a letter explaining your stupid theory and tell him to tell the judge that. People like you annoy the crap out of me, you come into blog forums, not just wrestling but all kinds of blog forums and act like you know the people your talking about personally and you know what happened. You know nothing, like the rest of us your behind a computer, reading crap from other people and media thenyou come here and act like you know it all lol. Oh and I think Jeff is amazing in the ring, now I watch TNA a little more.

I can understand where some people are coming from. In spite of the fact that some are trying to downplay this, some even going so far as to suspect the police of setting Jeff Hardy up, the fact of the matter is that Jeff Hardy is in serious legal trouble at this time. In my job, I've heard just about every sort of conspiracy theory known in which the police have supposedly set someone up. Hell, the vast majority of inmates in the facility I work claim to be innocent. Is there a possibility that Hardy was set up, no matter how remote? Of course there is. There are few aspects of life in which the word never truly applies. Is it likely, however? Not at all. As far as I'm aware, though I could be wrong on this, there have been no allegations of police misconduct made by Hardy's attorneys.

In all honesty, I believe that they found what they say they found in Jeff Hardy's home. I can't think of any logical reason as to why the police would set him up. Now, that doesn't mean that Jeff Hardy is automatically guilty as far as the legal system goes. Just yesterday, Hardy's trial was supposed to start but his attorneys asked the court for a continuance so the tiral is set to begin May 10th. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hardy's attorneys have filed numerous motions in order to have certain evidence thrown out due to one legal technicality or violation of legal statute or whatever. In the legal system, a common saying is that even there's no real defense, file motions and represent your as if there was.

Now, does this necessarily mean a bad thing for TNA overall, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Say Jeff Hardy is convicted on some or even all of the charges. It's going to make headlines and the fact that Jeff Hardy is signed with TNA Wrestling is going to be put out there. So, to some degree, that's going to be free publicity for TNA. And, who knows, maybe TNA could use said conviction as part of a storyline to build up another wrestler. On the surface, it sounds like a shitty thing to do, but it's no different than what the WWE did with the Jeff Hardy and CM Punk angle. Punk became one of the most over heels of 2009 and, if anything, Jeff Hardy became an even more beloved babyface.

Now, if this turns out to be a mistake and Hardy blows off appearances, doesn't show up to events like he's supposed to and all this and that, then TNA has nobody to blame but themselves for signing Jeff Hardy. TNA is in such a rush and is so impatient to take on the WWE that they don't always think ahead. If Hardy behaves unprofessionally while signed with TNA, I'm not excusing him for his conduct but I also won't have much sympathy for TNA because they knew what they were getting into probably much better than any of us.

Reactions: TLC

my god dude you must have taken the box of drugs hardy had. jees man grow up, im sorry someone you admire got busted for something so stupid but to come forth with a story like this is just downright juvinile. you spent to much time overthinking this thing. like all of us have at one time or another ,he made a mistake and now he has to own up to it and pay the price. we dont need some apologist coming up with crazy theorys to defend him. im sure he would just rather have your love and support than mess like this.

"It was reported strongly that cops sent jeff a package with those drugs in them, once hardy took them inside without knowing what it was, or who it was from, he was busted. The reason this was done, was for an excuse to search hardys home for more drugs."

I do not know who posted this, but the main thing that they need to understand is that if this is correct, all charges would be dropped against Hardy. It is called entrapment. If the above statement is indeed what happened, all charges stemming from what was found would have been dropped by now because everything involved is illegal. It is the same thing as a cop walking up to anyone and asking if they want to by any drugs, taking the money and handing them the drugs then flashing the badge and arresting them.

"It was reported strongly that cops sent jeff a package with those drugs in them, once hardy took them inside without knowing what it was, or who it was from, he was busted. The reason this was done, was for an excuse to search hardys home for more drugs."

This sounds like something someone made up - it says it was reported strongly, never heard the term reported strongly and reported strongly by whom?? I never heard this in any other account.

One version claims they sent him a package with an address he would recognize, this one says he had no idea who sent the package. The cops don't need to do this shit, they can GET A WARRANT and search the premises on the up and up.

Actually, the police can't just get a warrant. You do understand that we live in America right? The police have to request to have one issued by the judge. There has to be a reason to issue a warrant, and by what little bit of evidence they got from Hardys home it is apparent they didn't have enough cause to get one issued. Moreover, this sort of thing is done all the time by police and the judge wouldn't have granted a continuance again if there wasn't something more to this. You Hardy bashers are going to look pretty stupid when the truth is all out in the light and the only thing they can hold on Jeff is a measly residue and paraphernalia charge which will only bring about a small fine. Go to the Bleacher report, they are usually pretty credible. You can find the whole story there plus i posted the article on here a few comments back.

Dude really? What drugs are you on? Have you seen the arrest report the drugs where purchased from his computer. His credit card was used to purchase them. When the searched his house they found cocaine and drug paraphernalia. That's common knowledge now that he had coke in his house.
Do you not think cocaine is a heavy drug? Why on earth would police want to set up a wrestler? Seriously come on man.

I don't blame WWE for doing that angle with CM Punk. Hardy had left the company yes but the media was calling him a WWE employee at the time of his arrest. He let his fans down and the WWE. That was there way of showing distaste for what he did. He deserved that he was given many chances, and the second he leaves he gets busted and gives WWE a ton of bad press they didn't deserve.

It was a big mistake for TNA to hire him now. What happens if he goes to prison? All the time the spent on him would be a waste. They could of used his spot to build someone who could help the company in the long run. He is very popular but he was very unreliable his last run in TNA. I don't know the guy, but to me it seems he would rather be in TNA so he can get away with doing drugs. WWE wouldn't put up with his no showing and disrespectful attitude towards management and other talent. In TNA he's a big fish in a little pond and can get away with it more.

The guy has a great deal of talent. I just hope he can clean up his personal life. He would be great for TNA if he stays clean, and really wants to be there. TNA should of waited until his legal matters are over. Him being there
hasn't helped the ratings yet. Maybe the majority of wrestling fans are turned off by his actions and him being there is hurting TNA.

This is an win for TNA. Jeff Hardy probably has the biggest following in proffesional wrestling behind Cena. For TNA not to come and pick him up would have been mind boggling. But on the other hand he does have a problem with these multiple drug charges. So TNA did the smartest thing they could do, which was to sign him for a year. Im not claiming to be a legal expert, but in the time i've dealt with lawsuits, cases like these generally take a year or more to resolve. So this really is a win/win for TNA. They get the hottest FA in recent memory with Hardy, but if he does not have to serve any time, they can really push to resign him and keep him for the long haul.

Another point that I've just thought of, in this case being a smaller wrestling company worked out for TNA. Unlike the E, they aren't mainstream outside the wrestling world, meaning that the signing of hardy went unnoticed outside the wrestling world and they didn't get the flac that a more well known company would have

Well, I still think signing Jeff was the right move. His fanbase is huge and will slowly pull away WWE viewers. I'm pretty sure TNA is not dumb enough to actually sign Hardy to a contract if they weren't pretty damn sure he was innocent, or at least innocent of any major charges. The story on here seems pretty fishy, but if there IS any backing to it, it would seem there's not much they can do but get him for some small petty stuff.

Jeff will work out in the end, in my opinion. He and RVD coming to TNA ranks up there with Hall and Nash coming into WCW in my personal opinion. I can't wait to see where TNA is in a year. I'm excited, and you all should be too. haha.

A few things about the Bleacher Report. First off, it isn't "reliable" news by any stretch. Sure, it has the nice little CBS Sports backing to it, but most of the "writers" are actually just contributors, or as we call them in the news business, "stringers."

They're generally college kids looking for an audience, and as such, this website is generally a glorified collection of blogs placed under the banner of a reputable news source.

As a media relations director for a sports organization, I can tell you two things. 1) I have never received a media request from someone with Bleacher Reports. 2) I'd go on a case-by-case basis of credentialing these "writers." That means, some would get them and some wouldn't. That's not how actual news organizations are typically treated by media relations directors...

If you actually go and read the articles by this college kid, you'll notice that he never once mentions cites anything more than "a source of mine." As a former journalist, I can tell you that there are only two instances where it is credible to use "unidentified sources" in an article ... 1) When giving the sources name incriminates him (not admissible if a judge asks for the writer to reveal the source's name) and 2)If identifying the source would put his life or well-being in jeopardy. You can't, however, just go around saying "my sources" when you really mean to say, "My buddy was giving me a nice little 411 on drug laws, and he says this whole thing is inadmissible in the court of law because the cops probably set him up."

To conclude my little barrage on this blog of a website, if this website had any credibility then this story would have been picked up by the real media. If it was picked up by the real media, then the police would have issued a response. If the police issued a response, then they would have subpoenaed the name of the source --- and the subpoena would have held up in court since the article actually libels the police dept.

As for TNA trusting Jeff Hardy... they shouldn't trust him at all. The guy could be in prison shortly. Tough to trust a guy with an uncertain future.

I am sorry for stating that this article of the package being sent to hardy's home was reported strongly, I do not check much of the news on this site, but I have read the same article many times that states this. This was posted earlier by somebody else but I will repost it.

Information stated that there was an anonymous tip given to the police regarding drug abuse and trafficking at Jeff Hardy’s place of residence in Moore County, NC.

I found out from sources that the police decided that they would do a sort of sting operation in that they would have a package mailed to his home with drugs inside. It would have a known address to Hardy, which would give him (in his mind) no reason not to take the package inside and open it.

Once the package was taken inside, the police broke into his home and arrested him.

He was taken in for questioning, and of course they searched his home. The drugs they found in his home were added to the drugs in the package. See, the package had a bunch of drugs inside, so they had to have a valid reason to search his home. And a drug trafficking possibility is a valid reason.

A tip can’t just give the police the right to burst into one’s home. They have to have a warrant and a valid reason for the search. If I told the police my neighbor was selling drugs to people, the police won’t just barge into his home. They will try and catch him in the act to prove it first.

If they can never catch him, then they know the information given was false and there was no need to barge into an innocent man’s place of residence with no proof.

The same happened with Hardy. A person gave information to the police and the police tried to catch Hardy. The issue was that they knew he wasn’t selling, so they couldn’t just go into his house without proof.

They wanted to search his home, so they dropped off a package with plenty of evidence to go in, which is smart if you ask me. It gives them plenty of reasons to go in legally.

The problem is that they added their drugs to the weight of the ones Hardy already had. Keep in mind that all drugs were added to this, even the valid prescription pills. So, the weight shouldn’t be something you take to heart.

I recently spoke with a family friend who gave me a ton of big information, which most likely gave someone the thought that Hardy was attaining drugs illegally.

The source told me that Hardy has six herniated disks in his back, which meant that any doctor he visited would give him a valid prescription for painkillers. All the drugs he had in his home had a valid prescription.

The big information here was that Hardy actually had friends who would go in and pick up his meds. People could just call the pharmacy and say they were coming to pick up Jeff’s pain meds, and the pharmacist would give it to them when they arrived.

They would hand over the prescription to the pharmacist, and then they would give the meds to the person for Jeff, which is perfectly legal. The issue was that because people went to the pharmacy and picked up drugs for Jeff, they also dropped by his home a lot, handing them over. These actions made it look as if he was getting a massive load of drugs illegally.

This most likely gave a person the reason to tell the police about Hardy possibly getting illegal drugs.

He did use steroids, as well, but they were anabolic steroids. These steroids are given for unbearable pain, and my source told me that Hardy rarely used them, but had them to use when the prescription painkillers weren’t enough.

When the police came in, all of the drugs Hardy had were skeptical to them. He had many pain killers, as well as steroids. But they were all legal, as every one of the painkillers and steroids have a valid prescription. They added the ones Hardy had with all the drugs in the package, and that caused a drug trafficking charge based on the weight.

The big issue is that the case for Hardy keeps being moved back. This case could go on for another year or so from what people are saying. Both sides are trying to prove something, but the fact is that they can’t pack a trafficking charge on Hardy without more proof, which they will never have. Hardy can’t have any charge regarding trafficking with valid prescriptions, so it’s obvious he will get off on that.

The drugs in the package will be taken off, as there was no reason to add them anyway. Hardy has the ball in his court, and it looks like he will get off of the big charges against him if all the findings that have been released now are true.

Therefore, the only realistic charge is for the cocaine found. It was a small trace of cocaine, but it’s likely a charge will be handed down regarding it.

He may be fined a bit, or even get a few hours of community service for it. In any case, whatever they do regarding that charge will not be huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back