• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Hardy Suspended for 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who fail the WWE's testing for a second time, deserve not one god damn shred of dignity, and especially not any respect. They should be rightfully publicly humiliated. As disheartening as it is for people to see their 'heroes' put in their place like this, kids and the like need to see them for what they really are: which is false heroes.

Do you really think that? Publicly humiliated? Like a tar and feathering? Or throw various fruits and vegetables at him while he sits in the stocks?

Have you ever screwed the pooch twice at anything in life? If you haven't, then congratulations. You may be the first person to ever be able to rightly claim that.

But you see, in the wrestling business, it's easy to forget that the people we see in the ring, on the covers of magazines, and ppv posters are characters performed by ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS. People with problems, feelings, emotions, faults, etc. They are imperfect. Life isn't like Smackdown v. Raw 2008 where you can control the characters to do exactly what you want. Heck, if life was like that, I would make Hardcore Holly WWE champ. But it's just not going to happen.

Jeff is a living, breathing human being, and therefore, he has value. It's never to late to save anyone. Heck, I'm pretty sure that Shawn Michaels would have failed the Wellness Policy a billion times back in the 90s, but look at him now. He's cleaned up his life and is a great role model for the kiddies. Would he have gotten to that point if everyone just crucified him for being a cocky, drug using jerk who swerved a lot of people with his backstage influence? No. So why should we do the same with Jeff?

I don't like that he apparently did drugs. But why not try to empathize with Jeff in the fact that we all share the common bond of imperfection and the capacity to do really bonehead things? Put yourself in his shoes. Look at this from his perspective. Maybe then you won't be so quick to throw Jeff to the wolves.

It's sad to see this happen to Hardy. He had a legitimate shot at becoming one of the rosters elite, but this setback will definitely not only keep him out of the limelight for the suspension, but also the buildback up he will have to face upon his rearrival.

Honestly, however, critics of the wellness policy should view this as a testament to the value of the policy. Look at the push Hardy was getting and was about to recieve (probably set to win MITB)- suspending him shows that no one is safe from the reach of the Policy.

While it is sad to see someone like Hardy, a so-called role model, be suspeded, this brings credibility to the system.

As a massive Jeff Hardy fan i've gotta say he is a fool. i cannot believe this has happened again. I would have thought getting a massive push would be good enough for him but no he has to do drugs again. As it pains me to say this, he needs firing, and thats probably gonna happen in this next coming week. im just so disapointed in the man.

I think that there SHOULD be some sort of public humiliation. Not saying the kid should be tarred and feathered but he should have to do a press conference or apology to the fans that he has let down. Also, the wrestling companies are going to have to come together on this one. Repeat offenders like him, who haven't cleaned up their act, should have the door shut on them by all of the major promotions and even many indy ones because they are just enabling his drug problem by paying him to come in and get some ratings before he's cleaned up. He need to hit rock bottom before he will realize that this is a serious problem and not just something that will give him a couple months vacation or time off until he transitions back and forth between companies.

Wrestling needs to take a stand right here and right now or else this problem will never get any better. They need to stand up and say "hey, you may get some ratings kid, but you have a serious problem that needs addressing before I will hand over my money and my time to put food on your table." It's just that plain and simple.

You know....I hate to be the one to have to say this here guys, I really do.

But there is no wrestling without steroids or painkillers. I'm sorry. There isn't. If you honestly think that you can clean up steroid/drug use in the professional wrestling business, you are kidding yourself. It's in the culture of the industry. Have any of you gone back and watched wrestling footage from around the time before steroids became prominent in the United States? Lou Thesz and Buddy Rogers, unfortunately, would not get over in this day and age. Fans have been desensitized to so many types of matches, that you can't go back to that traditional wrestling style of the 60s and 70s.

Most of WWE's history and biggest stars have been juiced up at various different times. The 80s and 90s of the WWF? You kidding me? Hulk Hogan ring any bells? In a business thats entirely about your image, steroids are just something that will always, always be used in the wrestling business.

I'm afraid theres nothing we can do to stop that, ever. It's terrible, the effects it has on so many legends. But also remember that many of those legends who died from heart disease and whatnot were hardcore drug users, as in coke/heroin/meth/oxycontin.

Anyways, trust me and my entire addict/alcoholic family, if someone has an addiction problem, its not as simple as just pure willpower and telling yourself "No". It's a mental illness.

That doesn't mean though that Jeff shouldn't be punished for what he did. But come on, public apology? Please, that would never happen for more then one reason (you think the WWE would want that kind of publicity?).

I strongly disagree with your post Xfear. There could easily be wrestling without painkillers and steriods, just not the WWE. The WWE has three TV shows a week plus house shows and sometimes a PPV, thats way to many days to work. Look at the guys in TNA. They are doing great taping two shows a week and having less house shows. The problem is the WWE schedule.

Now, that was not a way for me to try and justify these guys taking steriods and painkillers, but it gives a view on why they do. As far as rehabing goes, your statement on willpower is pretty bogus. If someone has enough willpower to overcome their addiction then they can. Maybe Hardy doesn't have it, but my mother (alcoholic) and myself (openly admitting to using steriods, narcotics, and hallucinogens) did.

I strongly disagree with your post Xfear. There could easily be wrestling without painkillers and steriods, just not the WWE. The WWE has three TV shows a week plus house shows and sometimes a PPV, thats way to many days to work. Look at the guys in TNA. They are doing great taping two shows a week and having less house shows. The problem is the WWE schedule.

And how successful is TNA? TNA isn't going anywhere big, as much as some people like Glenn would like to think.

And TNA will never, never be as sucessful as the WWE unless they adopt the same kind of schedule.

I guess if you want to be technical, there could be territory regional wrestling without steroids/drugs, sure. But if you honestly think that with the culture of the WWE that it could go one without individuals who have used drugs is ludicrous.

Name your favorite wrestler. Odds are, he used a ton of drugs.

Now, that was not a way for me to try and justify these guys taking steriods and painkillers, but it gives a view on why they do. As far as rehabing goes, your statement on willpower is pretty bogus. If someone has enough willpower to overcome their addiction then they can. Maybe Hardy doesn't have it, but my mother (alcoholic) and myself (openly admitting to using steriods, narcotics, and hallucinogens) did.

How is it bogus? Were you an actual addict, or someone who experimented with those substances? Thats kind of a personal question, but as someone who has been in recovery from a certain substance for coming on 5 years now and as someone who has spent half of his life in either his parents or his own AA/NA meetings, I know god damn well what addiction is. And if you were an addict, and thought it was just simple willpower and you could stop easily just by yourself, then more power to you. You're one in a million man. The rest of us need help, and have to learn to admit that we need help. Willpower alone is not nearly enough.

My point was that if Jeff Hardy is an addict, and he doesn't want to be helped, then no amount of willpower is ever going to work for him.

If you've had any job that has a drug test, you have to provide information about the type of medication you are on, and the dosage. Every wrestler I guarantee you is on some sort of pain medication, but its when you have more then the prescribed amount in your body is where the problem occurs. Same with steroids, Steroids are, shock, legal, but under the proper circumstances with a Doctor's care. You can't be suspended for something you have a legal subscription for. Jeff Hardy is either on a street drug, or he's taking extra amounts of something he isn't supposed to be taken. The guy got caught, and like X said, he is an addict, most likely with Meth if his history has anything to do with this. The guy needs rehab, but for the most part, thinks he doesn't need it. Until Jeff Hardy realizes he has a problem, then he's going to be without a job, it's that plain and simple guys.

Quit making excuses for him, oh he throws his body around, blah blah blah. You know what, no one said for Jeff Hardy to throw his body from scaffolding. You know why Jeff Hardy throws his body around, because that's the only way he can stay over because he has zero in ring ability, but I won't go off topic with this.

And to everyone that thinks that Cena, Batista and Triple H are clean because they are the top guys, bullshit. Triple H has semi-admitted to steroid use with a "what's the big deal" attitude towards tehm back at the beginning of the decade, but big deal, it was before the Wellness program took place. It's like all these guys getting busted in the Mitchell report, so what in my opinion, baseball didn't outlaw them until 2004 or so, and these guys are getting nailed for something they did in 2003 when it was legal. But to say that Jeff Hardy is taking the fall is bullshit. Randy Orton, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam and Booker T, all main eventers and world champions within the last two years, failed and were suspended by the WWE. Quit making Hardy to be some sort of scapegoat and fall guy because you personally don't like Cena, Trips or Batista. Grow up, accept the fact that Hardy has a problem (this is his third time getting caught you know), and hope the guy gets the help he needs before a "In Loving Memory of Jeff Hardy" pops up on your screen.

I am shocked at Jeff Hardy for being suspended again for drug use. What is he playing at???. I hope he gets himself sorted out. If he gets caught again he is fired and no second chances. And that would be really sad as I like Jeff Hardy alot. He has great talent and deserves to be in the WWE.

I agree dude. I work at a treatment center. If you think that ANY drug abuse is not a big deal, then you are sadly mistaken. You can sit here and say "well it's just steroids and pain killers" but I'm sure that the last thing that you want to see if some wrestler collapsing in the ring from an enlarged heart or because he took one too many pain killers to do the show tonight and is so high that he overshoots his spot and cracks his neck or something. And if something like that doesn't happen, then you have to sit and watch guys like Lyle Alzado or Superstar Bill Graham deteriorate right before your eyes to where they can barely walk. Now I'm sure that there may or may not be a corillation between roids and Lex Luger's current condition but if you think that he isn't laying in that hospital bed and not dreading every time he stuck a needle in his ass to look bigger, then you are sadly mistaken. He's wondering if it was all worth it. If the millions that he made and the money that it will cost to get him back to where he can walk again will even out or will he be another broken down wrestler who is about two cents away from standing on a street corner with a "Will Work For Food" sign.

Xfear, you say that size is the main commodity of the day? Well why is it that Khali isn't the unstoppable monster anymore? How come Matt Morgan isn't still in the WWE? How come Luther Reigns was cut lose? How come ther eis even a Money In the Bank match where Edge and RVD have become champions? Why? Because CHARISMA is what gets you over, not a needle and years of abuse to your body. CHARISMA! Gone are the days where an guy just needed to be buff to get anywhere. It's a new day and age. The fans look for more. We expect more. And we don't buy tickets just to see big men. We watch to see wrestling. No roids! WRESTLING!

Jeff Hardy is lucky that was not kicked out of the WWE. He is a great wrestler that puts it on the line for everyone. Heck, i wonder if he is crazy. He should know what drugs can do to people. Well lets hope that he does not do it again or this maybe his last run in the WWE

And how successful is TNA? TNA isn't going anywhere big, as much as some people like Glenn would like to think.

And TNA will never, never be as sucessful as the WWE unless they adopt the same kind of schedule.

I guess if you want to be technical, there could be territory regional wrestling without steroids/drugs, sure. But if you honestly think that with the culture of the WWE that it could go one without individuals who have used drugs is ludicrous.

Name your favorite wrestler. Odds are, he used a ton of drugs.

How successful is TNA? Well let's see. They are successful enough to where they have a tv show each week. They are successful enough to where the run ppv's each month. They are successful enough to where they run house shows, sell merchandise, and actually are looked at at being competition for the WWE. How god damned successful are you looking for them to be at this current time? You want them to pull in 4's or 5's right off the bat? Is that what you consider success? I consider success being able to get up and get to the show. They are at the show. How far they go, depends on what they can bring to the table. And they are showing that people want to see more than steroid junkies week in and week out.

How is it bogus? Were you an actual addict, or someone who experimented with those substances? Thats kind of a personal question, but as someone who has been in recovery from a certain substance for coming on 5 years now and as someone who has spent half of his life in either his parents or his own AA/NA meetings, I know god damn well what addiction is. And if you were an addict, and thought it was just simple willpower and you could stop easily just by yourself, then more power to you. You're one in a million man. The rest of us need help, and have to learn to admit that we need help. Willpower alone is not nearly enough.

My point was that if Jeff Hardy is an addict, and he doesn't want to be helped, then no amount of willpower is ever going to work for him.

It takes alot more than will power. But will power brings you to the table. Will power brings you to the point of where you want to get the proper help that you need in order to be able to kick your problem. Jeff Hardy will always be an addict, clean or not. But he has to decide whether he wants to always turn to drug or whether he wants to rise above drugs. You are right, he has shows that he doesn't want help right now. But what use does it do to give up on him before giving him one last chance?

^^I think Shocky has the best outlook on this. Obviously he's not a Hardy fan, but that has nothing to do with the fact that he's saying Hardy needs help before he dies.

In response to Xfear, yes I was an addict. Maybe I didn't do it ALL on my own, but my will power and positive feedback from people around me got me to overcome everything I was doing. I can't imagine where I would be if I continued down that path. My mother actually killed someone drunk driving, turns out she needed jail time to find out she didn't want to keep going down the path she was. I didn't need anything like that.

I hope you continue to keep plugging along and trying to get the help you need. It may seem like I'm holding myself in higher reagrd due to my ability to overcome, and thats because I do. I think people (in America at least) have the resources to overcome addictions, some chose not to take advantage. I'm sure you know people who would do anything to help, even if they're not that close to you.

Yes this is great news cause if Jeff was in it he would of definitely won it. Great Pushes for M.V.P., Kennedey, or even (shelton not likely.) They should just get rid of jeff he's an idiot and doesnt derseve to be heavyweight champ. He was about to geta big ass push and he blew it. They should just let both Hardys go off to TNA.Seeing how kennedy won last year. I hope M.V.P. wins this year. It'd be ok if kenndey won though

jeff hardy's lifestyle doenst meet that of the wwe. i think he's great, but i dont see why he continues to work for a company that puts a damper on his life. and besides, with someone like hhh around, jeff wouldn't have gotten world gold bc hhh would never let something like that happen

How successful is TNA? Well let's see. They are successful enough to where they have a tv show each week. They are successful enough to where the run ppv's each month. They are successful enough to where they run house shows, sell merchandise, and actually are looked at at being competition for the WWE. How god damned successful are you looking for them to be at this current time? You want them to pull in 4's or 5's right off the bat? Is that what you consider success? I consider success being able to get up and get to the show. They are at the show. How far they go, depends on what they can bring to the table. And they are showing that people want to see more than steroid junkies week in and week out.

So you see TNA as a long-term promotion? Please. They'll be dead in five years. The WWE has the monopoly on the wrestling business, and TNA's product isn't even near the league of the WWE's in its appeal to the masses.

TNA has been semi-sucessful. Semi. Because they've got two hours on Spike TV doesn't mean they're an automatic wrestling sucess. Do you know how many different wrestling promotions have had cable time slots and went on to fail horribly?

I like TNA, I do. But they pretty much exist right now because the WWE doesn't feel like destroying them yet. That promotion isn't long term at all.

And the fact that you're apparently under the misconception that wrestlers in TNA don't use steroids is pretty laughable. Kurt Angle ring any bells? Not to mention TNA's lackluster drug policy, I'll guarantee you that there are quite a few juicers in that locker room.

So I'm not sure exactly what your argument here is; is it that TNA wrestlers don't use drugs? Because I'm sure Konnan would be pretty quick to disagree with you on that one.

In regards to the addiction, if Jeff Hardy has one; punish him. If he does it again, fire him. But there is zero need for public humiliation. It's not going to help anything at all. If Jeff is an addict, he'll either have to decide to get clean or continue living the way he is. He'll make that decision in time, good or bad.

Having been a Hardy Boyz fan for close to 10-years now, it is not hard for most of you to imagine my utter shock when I read earlier today that Jeff Hardy had been suspended 60-days for his second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy, meaning that not only is he out of Wrestlemania’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match, but one more failed test and Hardy is gone from the company.

When I first read this, I was upset, angry and confused all at the same time. I just couldn’t understand why Jeff, who is in the midst of the biggest push of his career and was on the cusp of being pushed to grasping the WWE Championship, would mess it up by throwing it all way with this second violation, which we still don’t know was for. (I personally think it may have been painkillers because I remember reading an interview with him several weeks back where he said his ankles, knees and back were weak and had bone spurs in both his elbows as a result of motocross riding and wrestling).

I honestly had thought Jeff had gotten his act together after he was suspended 30-days over the summer for his first violation (or as Jim Ross said, Unprofessional Behavior) but as it appears, his demons are getting the best of him, which is unfortunate as Jeff had really stepped his game and became a true main-event player over the last several months by having kick-ass matches on a regular basis.

But, the blame falls squarely on Jeff’s shoulders. He’s a grown man and knows the consequences of his actions and mistakes. Vince and company had no choice in the matter as they couldn’t let one of their top-stars get away with something like this and then hammer a lower-tier wrestler under the same circumstances.

That said, I have not lost respect for Hardy nor am I turning my back on him. I am still a fan and I do hope that he gets the help he needs because not only would I love to see him overcome his demons and become WWE Champion, which would be a truly emotional moment, I do not want the next headline to read “WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy found dead.” If I were to read that one day, that will be what gets me to stop watching wrestling for a while, if not longer.

Before I end this entry, I have something else to get off of my chest and this is directed at the so called “wrestling fans” who take glee like pigs in slop when reading of other’s misfortunes and show exactly how immature they are.

I maybe old school but to me, if you’re a true fan of professional wrestling, how can you be happy when someone that may not be favorite wrestler gets either hurt or suspended? What possible satisfaction can you gain possibly gain from that? You don’t have like everyone but is it too much to ask you to show these men and women the proper respect they deserve for what they do on a weekly basis?

These men and women go out there and give everything they have just to entertain us and while Jeff may not be one of their favorites, no one can deny that that man has put his body on the line for OUR entertainment more than anyone else could ever dream about during his career.

Yeah, it’s easy to call Jeff a moron or an idiot for this latest violation but you know what, you have to think about addiction, which is no laughing matter. Yes, Jeff appears to have fallen off the wagon again but let me ask you this….how many times did guys like Eddie Guerrero, William Regal and Shawn Michaels fall of the wagon before finally getting their act together?

It amazes me that these fans will continue to bring up Jeff’s past and yet, conveniently, they will ignore Guerrero, Regal and Michaels’ history and only mention their positives, making them out to be the greatest things since slice bread.

To those so called “wrestling-fans,” I have this to say and it comes from Barry Bonds, someone who I would not befriend if were the last two people in the universe after a nuclear holocaust but whose quote does seem appropriate in this situation. . . “All of you have dirt. When your closet’s clean, then come clean somebody else’s.”

Jeff Hardy made the biggest mistake of his life. Why in the hell would he get busted for drugs just mere weeks away from Wrestlemania? He just screwed himself out of becoming champion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn

So you see TNA as a long-term promotion? Please. They'll be dead in five years. The WWE has the monopoly on the wrestling business, and TNA's product isn't even near the league of the WWE's in its appeal to the masses.

TNA has been semi-sucessful. Semi. Because they've got two hours on Spike TV doesn't mean they're an automatic wrestling sucess. Do you know how many different wrestling promotions have had cable time slots and went on to fail horribly?

I like TNA, I do. But they pretty much exist right now because the WWE doesn't feel like destroying them yet. That promotion isn't long term at all.

And the fact that you're apparently under the misconception that wrestlers in TNA don't use steroids is pretty laughable. Kurt Angle ring any bells? Not to mention TNA's lackluster drug policy, I'll guarantee you that there are quite a few juicers in that locker room.

So I'm not sure exactly what your argument here is; is it that TNA wrestlers don't use drugs? Because I'm sure Konnan would be pretty quick to disagree with you on that one.

In regards to the addiction, if Jeff Hardy has one; punish him. If he does it again, fire him. But there is zero need for public humiliation. It's not going to help anything at all. If Jeff is an addict, he'll either have to decide to get clean or continue living the way he is. He'll make that decision in time, good or bad.

For people to think that TNA has no drugs in them is complete BS. We all complain about the WWE's drug testing policy and look how much more money they have to spend on it. Now look at how much TNA can spend on theres. TNA's is probally a bigger joke. Is TNA doing well, Yes. Are they even close to the WWE? No. TNA couldnt even compete with the original ECW. It amazes me TNA can barely draw a house of 1000 people. WM 24 is at 66,000 and not even sold out. Plenty of promotions have run tv shows, and PPV's that dosnt mean they will be around forever. The fact is if the WWE really wanted to they could put TNA out like no tomorrow and i enjoy watching TNA.

As for Jeff Hardy he is a grown man. He makes his own choices like everyone else. He has to live with them. The WWE isnt the ones messing up here its Jeff. I dont feel sorry for him hes the one doing this to himself. His best bet (depending on what kind of drugs he doing, which im pretty sure its more than weed.) is to go to rehab. He can go there come back with a fresh start he is already over. He can get clean and get his life back on track.

Well, rumors are going around now stating that Jeff Hardy's suspension was due to an alcohol problem and he is now in rehab. If this is indeed true, I am curious as to what triggered the suspension, as alcoholism can not be traced in a drug test. It would have had to have been an incident that occured, maybe he was in real bad shape backstage. Any thoughts on this?

i've always heard that alcohol can show up in a test. i could be wrong, but if it is alcoholism, then hopefully the part about going into rehab is true. maybe he didnt fail a test, it just said he violated the substance abuse policy, so maybe they found out he was getting hammered on a nightly basis and wanted to help him out before he died from liver failure or alcohol poisoning?

Alcohol does show up on drug tests, its just a matter of whether they look for that result or not, whatever the case may be with him hopefully he can overcome this an still be a top player in the WWE, i was lookin forward to him holding the belt someday....

IMO i think jeff fucked up his career. i think that he was gonna win the money in the bank. in fact every one new that. but if the rumours are true. he has been drinking for a while now. how ever in saying that he no's where he's at now. so if he stuffs up again he will be out and he don't wont that. him going to rehab is only better for him. showing that he can take responsibility for his problems. hey chris jericho could win the money in the bank and then jeff hardy could win it off him. i would make a good story line. how ever i think jeff should be punished and this is coming from his #1 fan. so jeff please dont fuck your life up again

they could decide to have him job for a while after he comes back. but in a way the suspension looks good for the wwe. when the 10 were suspended back in september for ordering steroids online, it made the company look bad and its policy weak. especially kennedy saying he had been off of them and was caught having bought them. but now, jeff's suspension came at the right time for the wwe. vince was getting laughed at for not showing up at the congressional hearings. now that he can say he suspended arguably his hottest star right before the biggest event of the year and not let him participate in the match he was most likely going to win and become wwe champ sometime later this year, they will realize that the testing process isnt a joke to vince. so they may not have him job right away for that, but i do think he will have to prove himself again before they even consider giving another main event shot.

anybody else think he's going to be found dead within the next week or so...

his house burns down, after being suspended for violating the wellness policy... meeting with mcmahon he was noticeably not happy. Hmm... starting to sound like the downward spiral is really pulling him down =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back