Jeff Hardy (Really) Going to RAW after SummerSlam

dtm8117

Pre-Show Stalwart
From http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/2944904/hardyreturns

Jeff Hardy will be making his long-awaited return to the ring this week on Monday Night RAW. Three years after being released from WWE as the result of a suspected drug addiction, Hardy is sure to bring the high-wire act that made him a crowd favorite back to the confines of (and the general area above, around and beyond) the squared circle.

A lifelong wrestling fan, Hardy made his WWE debut in 1993 at just 16 years old. In 1998, he and older brother Matt were offered full-time WWE deals, and the two forged a partnership that garnered them almost instant top-billing. Appropriately dubbed The Hardy Boyz, the two brothers employed unparalleled high-risk maneuvers and in-ring creativity to become one of WWE’s top tag teams.

The Hardy Boyz went on to become five-time WWE Tag Team Champions and also captured the WCW Tag Team Championship, ensuring their legacy as one of the most successful tag teams in WWE history. As the Hardy Boyz continued to find success, Jeff’s reputation for recklessness grew. The Hardyz had a flair for the extreme, and Jeff pushed the limits of in-ring acrobatics with an astonishing willingness to sacrifice his body week after week. The team’s extreme style was made famous in Tables, Ladders and Chairs Matches against the Dudley Boyz and Edge and Christian.

In 2002, just after the WWE brand extension, Matt and Jeff were split up, pursuing singles success on SmackDown and RAW, respectively. That year, Jeff participated in arguably the greatest match of his singles career when he faced Undertaker in a Ladder Match for the WWE Championship. Though he was unable to capture the gold, Hardy’s relentlessness and courage in the ring captured the Deadman’s respect, and people everywhere began to acknowledge the talent that Hardy had spent his entire life perfecting.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t long after this epic clash that things started to unravel. Hardy held several individual championships, including the European, Intercontinental, Light Heavyweight and Hardcore Championships, at various stages of his singles career. But as he began to make his climb up the ladder of WWE success, those close to Hardy began to notice an erratic change in his behavior. He started showing up late (or not at all) for WWE events, and his in-ring performance was slowly deteriorating. Reports of a drug dependency began to surface, and after refusing to enter rehab, Jeff Hardy was released by WWE on April 22, 2003.

As reported on WWE.com earlier this month, Hardy is now fully rehabilitated and fit to return, ready to make sure that his glory days in WWE have not passed him by. Whether he will be wrestling alone or eventually teaming back up with his brother is yet unknown. Regardless, Hardy insists that the best is yet to come.

“I’m ready to jump off bigger ladders and go through thicker tables,” he said. “I just gotta let it fly.”

Don’t miss Jeff Hardy’s high-flying return as he comes back to RAW one night after SummerSlam, live on USA at 9/8 CT.

Before I ask for your thoughts, I'd just like to point out that WWE.com upsets me rather routinely with their reporting. Since they can't decide if they're a storyline or non-storyline site, you get a lot of bullshit. The first Jeff Hardy returns story said that he became addicted to crystal meth. A few hours later, it said "he was fired, reportedly because of a drug addiction." I also had a huge problem with their Post-ECW:ONS2 coverage, which said that Heyman "ran to the ring, grinning ear to ear." Anyone who saw it could say he walked to the ring, and had a look of pure concern on his face. I'm sorry for the spiel, but I'd rather not make a second thread just to complain when I'm pretty sure no one cares about this particular issue.

But, your thoughts on Jeff on RAW? Do you really think they'll keep the Hardys split? It breaks my heart to see Matt perpetually job, and not having them reunite certainly won't help Matt at all.

i think maybe just maybe kane will go smackdown and matt will go raw?Then we have B.O.D and Hardyz if not ill be sad because Hardyz and BOD are the best tag teams

i dont understand y for any reason Jeff is going to RAW unless WWE has a surprise instore for WWE and SD! so i expect something big to happen

xraven_effectx said:
i dont understand y for any reason Jeff is going to RAW unless WWE has a surprise instore for WWE and SD! so i expect something big to happen

I, too, am clinging to the hope that WWE understands how big a draw Jeff's return, and the possible Hardy reunion, could be for ratings. Also, why do so many people seem to mark for the team of Kane and Undertaker? If they reunite, I just hope they think of a better name. Brothers of Destruction sounds like a lame comic book.

i dont think jeff will do a dark match at summer slame i think wwe will leave it all till raw. I think that when lita leaves wwe matt will cross over to raw in a bizare story line and mayb team up with jeff and re-form the hardyz

Jeff hardy is the most overatted wrestler ever, Whoever said he is a big draw is dilusional he is not a big draw at all, Thats why Tna never used him, I feel sorry for all of you because you are going ot be so dissapointed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back