WWE SummerSlam: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS Roman Reigns

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After months of waiting and an awful lot of time with top tier guys basically twiddling their thumbs, it's finally official as Lesnar vs. Reigns IV for SummerSlam is on due to Reigns getting his win back over Bobby Lashley in a #1 contenders match on Raw last night.

Even though we thought the same thing at WrestleMania, it does seem all but written in the stars that Roman Reigns wins the Universal Champion next month as Lesnar is set to return to the UFC to challenge Daniel Cormier for the UFC Heavyweight Championship. Rumors have swirled the past few months that the primary reason for Lesnar not being around is Vince wanting to build heat on Lesnar as an absentee champion in order for fans to cheer Reigns.

This match has an uphill battle because their last two matches have stunk the place up, which is one of the many reasons a lot of fans were hoping WWE would go with someone else but Vince continues to double down, hell triple down, on his Sisyphean task of getting fans to embrace Roman Reigns the way he wants them to. To be honest, I think this is the most idiotic approach he's ever taken as, if anything, this is only going to cause fans to resent the endless Reigns push all the more. Add onto that the very likely possibility of this being Lesnar's last match in WWE for a good long while and you have a recipe for fans jeering this match from bell to bell and crapping all over another big Reigns moment that Vince has painstakingly orchestrated.

There's almost no way this comes out the way Vince wants. If Reigns wins, fans still aren't going to embrace him the way he feels they should. If Lesnar retains, then we're back to the same old shit of Raw kinda sorta but not really having a main event champion unless something happens with the MITB briefcase.

What if, Kevin Owens beats Braun for the briefcase early in the show. For whatever reason, Braun is no longer in the building after.

Skip to the end of the show, Brock Lesnar makes his entrance and we await Roman Reigns. Roman's music bumps twice, but no Roman. OH MY GOSHHHH!! Reigns is shown laid out in the back. KO blasts Lesnar in the back of the head with the briefcase, KO with a shot to the face of Lesnar with the briefcase. KO drops Brock with a Pop Up Powerbomb, a second one, then a third one. KO drags Lesnar out of the ring and throws him at the stairs. KO Powerbombs Lesnar on the stairs, apron and then through the announce table. KO throws Lesnar in the ring and waits for him to get up. Super Lesnar goes for an F5 (you know WWE would still have him no sell), but KO jumps down and tosses him into the ropes and hits one last Pop Up Powerbomb. KO cashes in and 1..2..3! Kevin Owens is the new champ. KO shifts back into unstoppable, untouchable KO again. He claims that he "got his confidence back."

OR...instead just have the match happen, with no cash in. If I remember correctly, I read that this was WWE's last attempt to get Roman cheered...IT ISN'T HAPPENING!! If the rumors are correct, Heyman will be working behind the scenes. Since he'll be there weekly anyways...what not just do a screwjob? Reigns winning with help from Paul Heyman. Heyman has always praised Roman as if they're practically family. Have Roman Reigns align with Paul Heyman because he had to do what he "has" to do. Roman no longer cares about the fans, because they "gave up on me before I even made it." It makes complete sense. Heyman knows Brock is leaving and he's built for the wrestling business. Wait to have Braun cash in at an unexpected time...MONTHS later!

I haven't watched anything since Money In The Bank and it looks like I'll stick to that...

So I learnt that Lashley beats Roman at a PPV and then Roman beats him on RAW. And Lashley is like "Ok, nice match Roman, who cares that I beat you the night before, enjoy your match with Brock".

Ummmmmmmm. OK.

Oh and WWE just canceled the first contender's match at Extreme Rules to have a first contender's match the night after.....

At least keep up with the things you're doing....

The story was "Brock won't wrestle". Cool. Do Roman vs Lashley at Extreme Rules for the vacant Universal Championship. Then have Brock appear mid-match and take them both out while screaming, I'm still the champ. Then boom, Triple Threat at Summerslam.

Why are they taking and why are they building their matches in such a soft way?

OR...instead just have the match happen, with no cash in. If I remember correctly, I read that this was WWE's last attempt to get Roman cheered...IT ISN'T HAPPENING!! If the rumors are correct, Heyman will be working behind the scenes. Since he'll be there weekly anyways...what not just do a screwjob? Reigns winning with help from Paul Heyman. Heyman has always praised Roman as if they're practically family. Have Roman Reigns align with Paul Heyman because he had to do what he "has" to do. Roman no longer cares about the fans, because they "gave up on me before I even made it." It makes complete sense. Heyman knows Brock is leaving and he's built for the wrestling business. Wait to have Braun cash in at an unexpected time...MONTHS later!

THis is what I have been hoping for. But WWE won't because, well it's too good so nah. Just shove this "face" Roman down our throats more.

First of All , I'm getting sick and tired of the whole Roman is getting shove down our throat comment that some fans are using. If you don't like reigns that fine but at the same time, I can say this about pretty much everybody in the main event picture right now so It's not a valid comment anymore.

As far as this match is concern, as far as a storyline continuity is concern, it makes total sense to have the rematch and have reigns finally beat lesnar. Will fans except it, that's another story. If you would have ask me that question 2 months ago, I would have said their no chance in hell that the fans except the win or the match in general. But one thing I can say about reigns lately is that a lot more fans seem to like him lately then anytime within is career. His feud with lashley truly help him become the cena type tweener that WWE wanted to make him for all these years. So maybe, just maybe, they might get lucky and get this super 50/50 reaction that WWE desperately want for reigns.

First of All , I'm getting sick and tired of the whole Roman is getting shove down our throat comment that some fans are using. If you don't like reigns that fine but at the same time, I can say this about pretty much everybody in the main event picture right now so It's not a valid comment anymore.

As far as this match is concern, as far as a storyline continuity is concern, it makes total sense to have the rematch and have reigns finally beat lesnar. Will fans except it, that's another story. If you would have ask me that question 2 months ago, I would have said their no chance in hell that the fans except the win or the match in general. But one thing I can say about reigns lately is that a lot more fans seem to like him lately then anytime within is career. His feud with lashley truly help him become the cena type tweener that WWE wanted to make him for all these years. So maybe, just maybe, they might get lucky and get this super 50/50 reaction that WWE desperately want for reigns.

How is it not a valid comment when Roman has been Brocks opponent for the last 3 matches?

How is it not a valid comment when all this has been building up for the last 4 fucking years?

How is it not a valid comment when Roman has been Brocks opponent for the last 3 matches?

How is it not a valid comment when all this has been building up for the last 4 fucking years?

It's not valid because everybody as gotten the same push as roman over the last 4 years

and

it's not valid because the storyline they created as to have a conclusion so they have to have this third match because of how their match at the Greatest royal rumble ended.

That's wrestling 101 here. When you do a screw job finish, you have to do the rematch at some point.

The big problem is about the other match on the card, Strowman vs Owens for the MiTB. It makes 100% sure that Lesnar vs Reigns IV happens. And we know it’s the Main Event, as RAW has Main Evented every Co-PPV (MiTB not included) and we have the Beast vs The Big Dog, and Vince loves it.
I hope either Roman wins, or Braun/Kevin cashes in.

And adding to the Roman vs Lashley match, looking forward to Lashley, as “maybe” he is included is some way in the feud

The only person in WWE to get as consistent of a push as Roman Reigns over the last 3 years or so has been Brock Lesnar. Reigns has had multiple big moments, he's won multiple championships, he's continuously been thrust into the top tier spot of Raw in ways that, again, nobody else except Brock Lesnar can touch.

As far as the comment of Reigns being shoved down people's throats, it doesn't stop being valid just because you don't personally like it. When someone has been consistently pushed as Reigns has with the same goal in mind despite the objection of numerous fans from around the world, there's nothing else you can really call it. I agree that it's a term that's become heavily over used, like the "you can't wrestle" chants were with Cena some years back. Unlike the accusations of Cena not being able to wrestle, Reigns being continuously forced on fans is like a date rape that just won't end.

I think you're grasping at straws here because we've been down this road so many times with Roman Reigns. It's not going to happen, they're not going to embrace him as this super alpha male babyface "face" of the company that Vince desperately wants. The primary reason for that is Vince McMahon himself and his constant doubling and tripling down on keeping on keeping on with Roman Reigns. He pushed him before he was ready, fans voiced their opinions, Vince didn't listen, Reigns kept getting pushed and some fans do feel sort of resentful. Modern fans can be shitheads sometimes, there's no denying that. All you have to do is look at the crowd response to Ziggler vs. Rollins at Extreme Rules. They were busting their asses and the fans were more interested in their ADHD chants and counting down the clock.

Fans do sometimes give Reigns grief that, in my opinion, he doesn't deserve because he does work hard and he does do his best with what he's given. When you get right down to it, that's all any wrestler can do. Again, it's Vince's plans for Reigns they don't like more than anything else because they just don't like him in that role, he's not a particularly good babyface and I think there's a better chance of Reigns being embraced as a heel. It's something to try and it can't come out any worse than Vince refusing to accept that fans will not cheer him the way he wants them to.

By now, if Vince had just admitted, even if it was just to himself, that he was wrong in pushing Reigns too quickly and saddling him with a character that just doesn't click with a good many fans, built him up slowly, naturally and organically instead of shoving a rocket up his ass and lighting the fuse, Reigns might have had a chance, especially if he was only getting his first real main event push in this year.

If this match main events the show which with Brock being on it is most likely to happen, then there are only really 2 ways to send the crowd home happy or in a buzz about what happened. The first is simplistic in Braun cashing in on whoever wins. Let's be honest, New York will probably shit on this match during some of it but not as much because of the possibility of a cash in looming. The other way is like the guy said and I actually wanted to happen at Mania which is Roman finally turning heel with the help of Heyman because Brock is leaving back to UFC again. Heyman could easily say that Lesnar is leaving again and never thinks to include Heyman, his advocate, in those plans. Roman lets into the fans about never respecting him and just goes off. It would be refreshing because I think he could be a decent heel as you can see he is a more natural ******** type guy but they want him to be the next Cena.

I'd actually rather have the latter than the cash in not because I don't think Strowman deserves a run but because I'd rather see that angle. I'd have Seth try and reason with him the night after Raw, have Roman contemplate like maybe he made a wrong decision with Heyman only to blindside Seth thus setting up a feud with them. Eventually I'd have Braun Cash in and dethrone Roman as champ. We all know Roman is a top guy for Vince. Just push the guy as a heel so all those boos actually mean something

It's not valid because everybody as gotten the same push as roman over the last 4 years

and

it's not valid because the storyline they created as to have a conclusion so they have to have this third match because of how their match at the Greatest royal rumble ended.

That's wrestling 101 here. When you do a screw job finish, you have to do the rematch at some point.

I'm not even going to address that first point because it is bullshit.

The storyline that created it him being shoved down our throats. It got shat on at 'Mania and it's going to get shat on at Summerslam.

I'm not even going to address that first point because it is bullshit.

The storyline that created it him being shoved down our throats. It got shat on at 'Mania and it's going to get shat on at Summerslam.

I won't even bother arguing with you on this. This is the classic reaction of a smarks fan or a reigns hater and I found how that it make no sense to waste energy with somebody that just believe what the internet and dirt sheet is feeding them.

The only person in WWE to get as consistent of a push as Roman Reigns over the last 3 years or so has been Brock Lesnar. Reigns has had multiple big moments, he's won multiple championships, he's continuously been thrust into the top tier spot of Raw in ways that, again, nobody else except Brock Lesnar can touch.

As far as the comment of Reigns being shoved down people's throats, it doesn't stop being valid just because you don't personally like it. When someone has been consistently pushed as Reigns has with the same goal in mind despite the objection of numerous fans from around the world, there's nothing else you can really call it. I agree that it's a term that's become heavily over used, like the "you can't wrestle" chants were with Cena some years back. Unlike the accusations of Cena not being able to wrestle, Reigns being continuously forced on fans is like a date rape that just won't end.

I think you're grasping at straws here because we've been down this road so many times with Roman Reigns. It's not going to happen, they're not going to embrace him as this super alpha male babyface "face" of the company that Vince desperately wants. The primary reason for that is Vince McMahon himself and his constant doubling and tripling down on keeping on keeping on with Roman Reigns. He pushed him before he was ready, fans voiced their opinions, Vince didn't listen, Reigns kept getting pushed and some fans do feel sort of resentful. Modern fans can be shitheads sometimes, there's no denying that. All you have to do is look at the crowd response to Ziggler vs. Rollins at Extreme Rules. They were busting their asses and the fans were more interested in their ADHD chants and counting down the clock.

Fans do sometimes give Reigns grief that, in my opinion, he doesn't deserve because he does work hard and he does do his best with what he's given. When you get right down to it, that's all any wrestler can do. Again, it's Vince's plans for Reigns they don't like more than anything else because they just don't like him in that role, he's not a particularly good babyface and I think there's a better chance of Reigns being embraced as a heel. It's something to try and it can't come out any worse than Vince refusing to accept that fans will not cheer him the way he wants them to.

By now, if Vince had just admitted, even if it was just to himself, that he was wrong in pushing Reigns too quickly and saddling him with a character that just doesn't click with a good many fans, built him up slowly, naturally and organically instead of shoving a rocket up his ass and lighting the fuse, Reigns might have had a chance, especially if he was only getting his first real main event push in this year.

The thing is and I wrote that a multiple instance about reigns, Vince doesn't care what his adult male smart audience think about reigns, they have their money anyway so it doesn't matter what they think. What he focusing on is the next generation of fans. The kids that will become probably long time fans and if you go to a WWE show or what Raw with your kids, for most kids, reigns is their superhero and they will support him to the end of time which translate to a lot of money in merchandise sales which make Vince super happy. Vince is a smart business man and even through the narrative about reigns from the wrestling media and smart fans has been for year that Vince is stubborn and should just admit he fail with reigns. The number would say otherwise.

WWE is probably has never been a wrestling company, at less since Vince bought it from his dead, it always was a tv property with wrestling on it. They make decision based on the money they are making and that will always be the case even when Vince dies and HHH/Stephanie take over. The smart fans are dumb enough to continue to pay for a product they hate so they deserve what they are getting. Reigns is a character for the kids not the adults and that's what I fell the smart fans hate the most about reigns, the fact that one main event guy isn't being push for them.

I'm of the philosophy that the best way to get one of your guy to get a major push in wwe, cheering for him or her isn't enough, you have to support him or her with your money as well. If you want Rollins or balor to get the spots of a reigns or strowman, then go how and support those guys, It's not like they don't have merchandise, they have as much merchs then reigns as. We are dealing with peoples that see WWE as a business and a brand and not a wrestling company. WWE as always been about getting the next generation of fans hook to wrestling, even through the more adult oriented attitude era, because they had so much kids merchs during that era that you couldn't argue that they wanted kids to watch the crappy they were producing back then. So I get that reigns vs lesnar won't be the smart fans cup of tea, I'm not dumb but kids will cheer their hearts out for reigns either in the crowd or while watching the show on the network and that's what this match is all about, to tell the story of the super hero beating the super monster and that kids will go completely ballistic when reigns finally beat lesnar and in the end, this what wwe is all about.

I won't even bother arguing with you on this. This is the classic reaction of a smarks fan or a reigns hater and I found how that it make no sense to waste energy with somebody that just believe what the internet and dirt sheet is feeding them.
Why is it so that anyone who questions Roman Reigns' push is termed as Roman Reigns' hater by you? You did it with me numerous times. And now you do it again. And how come you know him so well that he's believing internet and dirt sheets? Is Roman Reigns' push just visible on internet or dirt sheets? I know the guy you accused of being a hater well and if anything, he has supported Roman Reigns. Stop accusing nonsense terms when someone doesn't agree with you about Roman Reigns' push. Also, try discussing with respect instead of adding insults.

About the match, I just hope that the ones interested in this match aren't disappointed. Make this match more like Wrestlemania 31 instead of the ones that happened this year. At least, put some effort into making people interested in the match. The matches that happened this year weren't anywhere near Wrestlemania 31. At least, have a good match. For the ones who are interested.

Why is it so that anyone who questions Roman Reigns' push is termed as Roman Reigns' hater by you? You did it with me numerous times. And now you do it again. And how come you know him so well that he's believing internet and dirt sheets? Is Roman Reigns' push just visible on internet or dirt sheets? I know the guy you accused of being a hater well and if anything, he has supported Roman Reigns. Stop accusing nonsense terms when someone doesn't agree with you about Roman Reigns' push. Also, try discussing with respect instead of adding insults.

First of all, while I respect you and your opinion, why are you even replying to this, it really doesn't concern you.

Secondly, when I see bullshit been written by somebody like reigns got push down the fans throat, I will called that bullshit out because that just a stupid comment to make when other guys like strowman, Rollins, Charlotte just to name thoses guys have receive the same type of push and then reigns. So to me that comment is done by somebody that hates reigns and follow the believe everything the dirt sheet have written.

Thirdly, respect is a two way street, if somebody want to discuss anything with respect and not just give me dumb rehash answers, I will give them respect back. If all you have is rehash answer and don't bring a intelligent point to the discussion, I will make fun of it. It's nothing personal, It's just stepping down to the same level as whoever I'm discussing with.

I'm able to have a respectful discussion about reigns push with guys that bring intelligent reason has to why they don't like reigns, I did it with multiple peoples in the past on this very board in the past. I get that not everybody is a reigns fans. But when you're only argument is that reigns being push down the fans throat for four years and you don't have a descent comeback after, that's where I stop being nice and just have fun with it because in the end, I know that I won't get a intelligent answer anyway and just get the same bullshit that the wrestling media as be reporting for years so why not have fun with it instead of taking it too seriously.

So to resume this, I love making fun of dumb comment because just like wrestling, I don't take it seriously. I love discussing wrestling with fans that bring in intelligent argument why they don't agree with me, you know I did it with you in the past. When you brought intelligent counter argument as to why you hate reigns, i gave you my opinion as in a respectful matter, the only time I went off on you was when you gave me some of thoses rehash answers that have been in every dirt sheet and say on every podcast,. Post a intelligent answer and I will respect the person and give you a intelligent answer, be a dumbass and I will make fun of it.

To make a story short. Reigns vs lesnar is done for 2 reason. First because they already had a story in place between this 2 and you need to have a ending and second, the younger audience will go nuts when reigns beats lesnar at summerslam and the kids are the more important audience for WWE as the represent the next generation of fans for them.

First of all, while I respect you and your opinion,
Thank you for the respect.

why are you even replying to this, it really doesn't concern you.
Because as much as I know, WrestleZone Forums is a forum created to discuss about wrestling. And that's what I'm doing.

Secondly, when I see bullshit been written by somebody like reigns got push down the fans throat,
Seriously? Bullsh*t? Brother, Roman Reigns was in the main event of the last 4 Wrestlemanias. Your opinion may be intelligent and mine may be dumb but the facts favour my/his "dumb" opinion.

I will called that bullshit out because that just a stupid comment to make when other guys like strowman, Rollins, Charlotte just to name thoses guys have receive the same type of push and then reigns.
Strowman, Rollins, Charlotte, all of them weren't pushed hard constantly as much as Roman Reigns. So sorry to say that. But it's true. Don't believe me. I may be partial. Check out the facts.

So to me that comment is done by somebody that hates reigns and follow the believe everything the dirt sheet have written.
How come? A guy was in the main event of 4 Wrestlemanias. That's not a huge push? Who else had it? Why does someone need internet or dirt sheets to tell what's totally visible to anyone. You don't even know 1% of the guy you termed as a Reigns' hater. Because his opinion is different from yours.

Thirdly, respect is a two way street, if somebody want to discuss anything with respect and not just give me dumb rehash answers, I will give them respect back. If all you have is rehash answer and don't bring a intelligent point to the discussion, I will make fun of it. It's nothing personal, It's just stepping down to the same level as whoever I'm discussing with.
So, you'll decide if someone's opinion is intelligent or dumb? Just because someone doesn't agree, does it make that person or his opinion dumb? And you'll make fun of it? Why?

I'm able to have a respectful discussion about reigns push with guys that bring intelligent reason has to why they don't like reigns, I did it with multiple peoples in the past on this very board in the past. I get that not everybody is a reigns fans. But when you're only argument is that reigns being push down the fans throat for four years and you don't have a descent comeback after, that's where I stop being nice and just have fun with it because in the end, I know that I won't get a intelligent answer anyway and just get the same bullshit that the wrestling media as be reporting for years so why not have fun with it instead of taking it too seriously.
You can make fun of me. But Roman Reigns has been pushed far more than he should have. And I'm not Vince. For sure. Roman Reigns must make him a load of money. But I, as a viewer have the right to say what I feel. And sorry to say but you're no one to call it dumb. If I feel like he's over pushed, that's my opinion. Feel free to disagree. But don't call it dumb and not intelligent just because it's different from your opinion.

So to resume this, I love making fun of dumb comment because just like wrestling, I don't take it seriously. I love discussing wrestling with fans that bring in intelligent argument why they don't agree with me, you know I did it with you in the past. When you brought intelligent counter argument as to why you hate reigns, i gave you my opinion as in a respectful matter, the only time I went off on you was when you gave me some of thoses rehash answers that have been in every dirt sheet and say on every podcast,. Post a intelligent answer and I will respect the person and give you a intelligent answer, be a dumbass and I will make fun of it.
Again. Can you please provide me a tutorial which will make me or that guy learn how to have an opinion that's intelligent for you and not to have a dumb opinion which in reality is just different from yours. And once again you termed me as Reigns hater here. Maybe I have a dumb opinion then.

To make a story short. Reigns vs lesnar is done for 2 reason. First because they already had a story in place between this 2 and you need to have a ending and second, the younger audience will go nuts when reigns beats lesnar at summerslam and the kids are the more important audience for WWE as the represent the next generation of fans for them.
I hope that you enjoy it brother. Best of luck and wishes to you. Also to Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar.

strowman, Rollins, Charlotte, all of them weren't pushed hard constantly as much as Roman Reigns. So sorry to say that. But it's true. Don't believe me. I may be partial. Check out the facts.

How come? A guy was in the main event of 4 Wrestlemanias. That's not a huge push? Who else had it? Why does someone need internet or dirt sheets to tell what's totally visible to anyone. You don't even know 1% of the guy you termed as a Reigns' hater. Because his opinion is different from yours.

So just because he was in four mania main events, He's getting push more then everybody else. What as reigns done in between those 4 mania main events especially between the last 2. He won his match again taker at mania but pretty much every match in his feud against strowman which in turn made strowman a bigger star. Was the one getting pin in the summerslam fatal four way, did a small shield reunion which in turn help all three members. Then won the ic title only to drop it a few weeks later was the last guy getting eliminated in the rumble making nakamura a bigger star in the process. So he did more to help the company and other wrestler then actually being push.

Also what does being the last match on mania mean anymore. It's not like the main event at mania actually means anything anymore. All it say is that you are the last match on a 7 hour show, you could have put the battle royal in the end and it would mean the same thing. If he was being push super hard like everybody is saying, he would be in every main event of every Ppv and would win most of thoses matches but if he look as his win lost record on Ppv, he got as much lose as wins . That's why when I read something like "Reigns is being push down the fans throat" I called bullshit on this because I don't see the mania main event as such a big deal anymore.

As for everybody else I've mention just look at how strowman got push in the last year. He been push as strong or even stronger then reigns ever was. Charlotte when she wasn't injured as been the focal point of the women's division since she started and their a lot more example out there of guys that got the same kind of push as reigns as. The fact is I get that you don't like reigns and respect your opinion but when somebody only reason to hate reigns is that it got shove down the fans throat, I can't respect that.

Officially, I don't look forward to this match as summerslam, not because of reigns but because lesnar is such a lazy wrestler lately then we will have a very basic match. When lesnar is motivate, these 2 can have a really good match, just look at their first mania match a few years ago, it was really entertaining and told a great story. But this year, lesnar just when to his basic spot and they relied to much on near falls to tell the story which made for 2 bad matches. The match and result are predictable as shit and I get why most of us aren't looking for it. Me personally, I was hoping for a triple threat so that lashley and reigns could carry the bulk of the match and lesnar could do his bear minimum and take the falls at the end. But I didn't get that and while I'm disappointed at less I get why they did this. They decided to finish the story and give the kids a feel good finish that they wanted.

In the end, we all have different opinion but we have to realize that It's just that a opinion. Fact are fact and everybody can interpret them differently to advance their own opinion. I see the fact one way base on my opinion and you see the fact your way bases on your opinion and that's o.k. Like I said previously, I respect people that bring in their own opinion on a subject being reigns or anything else. If you use dirt sheet logic to explain why you hate something, I will call you out on it so to get why you hate or don't like something. So line like "Reigns being shove down the fans throat" piss me off because that not a reason for not liking reigns It's just an excuse because you want to make yourself interesting and hang with the cool fans.

So just because he was in four mania main events, He's getting push more then everybody else.
It's Wrestlemania. Main event. 4 times. Consecutive. That's not a push more than anybody else?

What as reigns done in between those 4 mania main events especially between the last 2.
Does that negate the huge push of being in the main event for 4 consecutive Wrestlemanias?

He won his match again taker at mania but pretty much every match in his feud against strowman which in turn made strowman a bigger star.
Well, crowd wanted someone to beat up Reigns. And Braun did it. But crowd still supports Braun. Because he's interesting to them. Not just because he beat up Roman Reigns.

Was the one getting pin in the summerslam fatal four way,
Exactly. It made sense.

did a small shield reunion which in turn help all three members.
I don't know how it helped anyone since it never really took off because of unfortunate injuries.

Then won the ic title only to drop it a few weeks later
So, he lost it so he isn't being pushed? He won it. Then lost it. Championship win means a lot, I guess.

was the last guy getting eliminated in the rumble making nakamura a bigger star in the process.
He's always very important in Royal Rumbles. Check out the past 5 Royal Rumbles.

2014 - Last Man to be Eliminated.
2015 - Winner
2016 - Entered as Champion at #1 and was the last second one to be Eliminated.
2017 - Last Man to be Eliminated.
2018 - Last Man to be Eliminated.

Basically, he stays until the last three everytime. How's that not a bigger push than anyone else?

So he did more to help the company and other wrestler then actually being push.
The way he's pushed, it's so much more than he has done for the company.

Also what does being the last match on mania mean anymore. It's not like the main event at mania actually means anything anymore. All it say is that you are the last match on a 7 hour show, you could have put the battle royal in the end and it would mean the same thing.
It does mean a lot. Just because the show is long, doesn't negate the fact that main event is what's to be the biggest selling point.

If he was being push super hard like everybody is saying, he would be in every main event of every Ppv and would win most of thoses matches
He main evented at Backlash. When a World Championship match was on the card. World Championship. The biggest prize. And a mid card feud ends the PPV. Sure. Why not.

but if he look as his win lost record on Ppv, he got as much lose as wins . That's why when I read something like "Reigns is being push down the fans throat" I called bullshit on this because I don't see the mania main event as such a big deal anymore.
Just because you don't see it as big deal anymore, it doesn't mean that it isn't a big deal anymore.

As for everybody else I've mention just look at how strowman got push in the last year. He been push as strong or even stronger then reigns ever was.
Are you serious? Last year, Braun Strowman was on the PRE-SHOW of Wrestlemania. PRE-SHOW. In a meaningless battle royal. Not even getting close to victory. He's pushed strong and put on PRE-SHOW of Wrestlemania? That's just one example. Since Shield has ended, Roman Reigns has been in every Wrestlemania Main Event. Just compare the pushes. One is a Multi-Time World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, United States Champion. Other is a Tag Team Champion having 1 day reign and has Money In The Bank briefcase. Not even comparable.

Charlotte when she wasn't injured as been the focal point of the women's division since she started and their a lot more example out there of guys that got the same kind of push as reigns as.
Charlotte has been pushed hard. But she has taken feud losses as well as breaks. Carmella won the feud against her. Last time Roman Reigns lost a feud except Brock Lesnar was? And the Brock feud isn't over and will be once Roman wins.

The fact is I get that you don't like reigns and respect your opinion
The fact is that you don't know me enough to decide if I don't like Reigns or not. Seriously. Please don't decide on my behalf.

but when somebody only reason to hate reigns is that it got shove down the fans throat, I can't respect that.
Your call. Truth doesn't change.

Officially, I don't look forward to this match as summerslam, not because of reigns but because lesnar is such a lazy wrestler lately then we will have a very basic match. When lesnar is motivate, these 2 can have a really good match, just look at their first mania match a few years ago, it was really entertaining and told a great story. But this year, lesnar just when to his basic spot and they relied to much on near falls to tell the story which made for 2 bad matches. The match and result are predictable as shit and I get why most of us aren't looking for it. Me personally, I was hoping for a triple threat so that lashley and reigns could carry the bulk of the match and lesnar could do his bear minimum and take the falls at the end. But I didn't get that and while I'm disappointed at less I get why they did this. They decided to finish the story and give the kids a feel good finish that they wanted.
I have no opinion on this.

In the end, we all have different opinion but we have to realize that It's just that a opinion. Fact are fact and everybody can interpret them differently to advance their own opinion. I see the fact one way base on my opinion and you see the fact your way bases on your opinion and that's o.k. Like I said previously, I respect people that bring in their own opinion on a subject being reigns or anything else. If you use dirt sheet logic to explain why you hate something, I will call you out on it so to get why you hate or don't like something. So line like "Reigns being shove down the fans throat" piss me off because that not a reason for not liking reigns It's just an excuse because you want to make yourself interesting and hang with the cool fans.
Again. How can you judge someone who calls out Roman Reigns' push a dirt sheet logic? It's visible to everybody. With or without Internet. It's purely visible. With or without dirt sheet. Facts states so. Not me.

It's Wrestlemania. Main event. 4 times. Consecutive. That's not a push more than anybody else?

Does that negate the huge push of being in the main event for 4 consecutive Wrestlemanias?

Well, crowd wanted someone to beat up Reigns. And Braun did it. But crowd still supports Braun. Because he's interesting to them. Not just because he beat up Roman Reigns.

Exactly. It made sense.

I don't know how it helped anyone since it never really took off because of unfortunate injuries.

So, he lost it so he isn't being pushed? He won it. Then lost it. Championship win means a lot, I guess.

He's always very important in Royal Rumbles. Check out the past 5 Royal Rumbles.

2014 - Last Man to be Eliminated.
2015 - Winner
2016 - Entered as Champion at #1 and was the last second one to be Eliminated.
2017 - Last Man to be Eliminated.
2018 - Last Man to be Eliminated.

Basically, he stays until the last three everytime. How's that not a bigger push than anyone else?

The way he's pushed, it's so much more than he has done for the company.

It does mean a lot. Just because the show is long, doesn't negate the fact that main event is what's to be the biggest selling point.

He main evented at Backlash. When a World Championship match was on the card. World Championship. The biggest prize. And a mid card feud ends the PPV. Sure. Why not.

Just because you don't see it as big deal anymore, it doesn't mean that it isn't a big deal anymore.

Are you serious? Last year, Braun Strowman was on the PRE-SHOW of Wrestlemania. PRE-SHOW. In a meaningless battle royal. Not even getting close to victory. He's pushed strong and put on PRE-SHOW of Wrestlemania? That's just one example. Since Shield has ended, Roman Reigns has been in every Wrestlemania Main Event. Just compare the pushes. One is a Multi-Time World Champion, Intercontinental Champion, United States Champion. Other is a Tag Team Champion having 1 day reign and has Money In The Bank briefcase. Not even comparable.

Charlotte has been pushed hard. But she has taken feud losses as well as breaks. Carmella won the feud against her. Last time Roman Reigns lost a feud except Brock Lesnar was? And the Brock feud isn't over and will be once Roman wins.

The fact is that you don't know me enough to decide if I don't like Reigns or not. Seriously. Please don't decide on my behalf.

Your call. Truth doesn't change.

I have no opinion on this.

Again. How can you judge someone who calls out Roman Reigns' push a dirt sheet logic? It's visible to everybody. With or without Internet. It's purely visible. With or without dirt sheet. Facts states so. Not me.

I'm not going to reply to every point you made just because this debate as been going on for year between the 2 of us and it always end with one of us getting wind up and insulting the other one.

First, I agree with you on the mania thing for certain fans, they feel like it a major push but three out of the four where planed the taker one was mostly because at the time, they thought that taker was retiring and they called a audible because the original plan we're to put lesnar vs Goldberg last. Also I have to disagree with you on one point, the brand is the selling point for mania, not the main event anymore and It's been like this for a while now. Fans don't buy or go to mania because of the main event, they go for the event itself. So being like I wrote before you could put anybody in the last spot and fans would go to mania anyway.

Secondly, you said he didn't lost a feud in the last year. How about the strowman feud. He lost that feud, how about his feud with miz, he lost that feud as well so you have to revise your facts about reigns.

Strowman was not getting the type of reaction that Vince wanted him to get until they put him with reigns. Reigns made him the superstars he is today.

Nothing against your opinion but for a guy that seem to like using the truth you sure love twisted it to make you point. The fact is, reigns isn't everybody cup of tea, you might not be a fan of him and the smart fans might not be a fans of him but the fact is, He's the biggest star in the company and they're fact on the corporate site to support my argument on this.

The WWE never was a wrestling company since Vince bought it from his dad. It always was a TV programs with wrestling in it. Vince as always marketed his product as sport entertainment because he don't see wrestlers, he see characters that fans will get attach to. Let's face it, we're not important in the eyes of the wwe mostly because a) we already pay for the product just to complain about it and b) they could give us the worst product every week (and they do with raw) and we still are going to support them. What they cares about is the next generation of fans and for kids, reigns is the best superstar in the world. So while he maybe not what we want as in a main event wrestlers, for the target audience he is and I respect that because I know that in the end if they continue to push reigns, I can enjoy other wrestlers that I like more.

This surely be the main event even through I would love to see AJ vs jo as the main event. But I get that this is what best for business in the end and the fans might shit on it and they match will probably suck but at less I respect their decision of putting it last because in the end, WWE is all about money and not about wrestling and it never was.

I don't care.

I didn't really care much at all over the last few years. The Roman Reigns experiment has anad i don't see Summerslam changing a anything.

What we will get is the Main Event with the fans not even bothering to stick around

I'm not going to reply to every point you made just because this debate as been going on for year between the 2 of us and it always end with one of us getting wind up and insulting the other one.
Your call. Don't worry, I won't insult you.

First, I agree with you on the mania thing for certain fans, they feel like it a major push but three out of the four where planed the taker one was mostly because at the time, they thought that taker was retiring and they called a audible because the original plan we're to put lesnar vs Goldberg last. Also I have to disagree with you on one point, the brand is the selling point for mania, not the main event anymore and It's been like this for a while now. Fans don't buy or go to mania because of the main event, they go for the event itself. So being like I wrote before you could put anybody in the last spot and fans would go to mania anyway.
I never said that Wrestlemania main event against Undertaker was planned. I just said how it's obviously a huge push.

Secondly, you said he didn't lost a feud in the last year. How about the strowman feud. He lost that feud, how about his feud with miz, he lost that feud as well so you have to revise your facts about reigns.
Revised bro. Except the fact that you didn't read properly what I said. Try and read again. Find me where I said that he didn't lose a feud in the last year. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Strowman was not getting the type of reaction that Vince wanted him to get until they put him with reigns. Reigns made him the superstars he is today.
Just Roman didn't. Braun did as well.

Nothing against your opinion but for a guy that seem to like using the truth you sure love twisted it to make you point.
Except the fact that you just put words in my mouth to prove your point.

The fact is, reigns isn't everybody cup of tea, you might not be a fan of him and the smart fans might not be a fans of him but the fact is, He's the biggest star in the company and they're fact on the corporate site to support my argument on this.
For you, he's a star. For Vince, he's a star. For me, he isn't.

The WWE never was a wrestling company since Vince bought it from his dad. It always was a TV programs with wrestling in it. Vince as always marketed his product as sport entertainment because he don't see wrestlers, he see characters that fans will get attach to. Let's face it, we're not important in the eyes of the wwe mostly because a) we already pay for the product just to complain about it and b) they could give us the worst product every week (and they do with raw) and we still are going to support them. What they cares about is the next generation of fans and for kids, reigns is the best superstar in the world. So while he maybe not what we want as in a main event wrestlers, for the target audience he is and I respect that because I know that in the end if they continue to push reigns, I can enjoy other wrestlers that I like more.
Well, I don't complain and pay for the product. I stop watching when I'm not entertained. Simple.

This surely be the main event even through I would love to see AJ vs jo as the main event. But I get that this is what best for business in the end and the fans might shit on it and they match will probably suck but at less I respect their decision of putting it last because in the end, WWE is all about money and not about wrestling and it never was.
I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back