WWE SummerSlam: WWE Universal Championship Fatal Fourway Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Prior to a great threeway brawl breaking out at the end of the opening segment of tonight's Raw episode, Kurt Angle announced that Brock Lesnar will defend the Universal Championship against Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe.

First thing that popped into my mind was that this was a perfect means of getting the title off Lesnar without Lesnar himself getting beaten. My guess is that they plan to save Lesnar losing in a 1 on 1 encounter at WrestleMania. A LOT can happen between now and then, but I see Lesnar dropping the title, probably to Reigns, and ultimately getting his title rematch at WrestleMania next year. Does it make sense that Lesnar could pick and choose when he gets his return match? Not necessarily but Lesnar gets preferential treatment anyhow, so it shouldn't be out of the ordinary that he can decide when he gets his rematch if he drops the strap.

When it's all said and done, this has the makings of a wild brawl that will most likely see Reigns, Strowman and Joe doing most of the work. Lesnar will get in some impressive spots and moves, but he certainly won't be carrying the match.

I'd rather see individual, full blown Joe vs. Lesnar, Joe vs. Strowman and Strowman vs. Lesnar matches, but this will do. WWE 4-Way matches are mostly singles matches anyway, with two competitors often just chilling out, doing the only selling they ever do, on the outside for long periods of time.

I don't want to see Lesnar lose to Reigns. Another title reign by him doesn't interest me, so I'm hoping he retains or Joe gets the belt. I'd prefer to see Strowman get it after a prolonged push at Mania in a singles match.

This feel like a way to take the belt away from lesnar without lesnar losing the match like they did the last time he was champion.

I would love to see is reigns winning the belt here and staying champion until wrestlemania where you do the dream match between reigns and cena for the championship.

If you don't want to do a long title run with reigns, give it to samoa joe until survivor series and then have reigns get the belt from joe.

This is a MASSIVE fatal four-way match in more ways than one. Physically, these are four of the biggest, baddest and strongest on the roster who look and work like they could really decimate you in the ring. But, these are four guys who are proven main event talents and are undoubtedly the four most important and interesting guys on Raw right now. Lesnar by default, but the build of Strowman and most recently Joe have been great, and Reigns continues to draw the heat from the crowd. This clash won't be a technical masterpiece, but if they are given sufficient time, this could be fantastic and brutal.

As for who wins isn't so obvious I don't think. I think you could make a case for all four of these guys. Realistically, I think Joe has the least favourable odds going into this. He's doing great stuff right now but I don't think he's getting that world title any time soon. Then again, they shocked us this time last year when Kevin Owens won the title. I think Lesnar probably comes in next. There's a clear issue with the absence of the Universal Championship on a weekly basis and it seems WWE concur that the issue would be best solved with Lesnar dropping the belt. I suppose it then comes down to Reigns and Strowman. I'd prefer Strowman, but I would happily wait for his title win at WrestleMania 34. That's fantasy booking of course. Whoever wins, I'm excited for this match.

I know people on here complain about Lesnar not being there and defending the title much, but for me it's been more entertaining having him show up once in a while and have a one off title match rather then have someone else as champion and having to sit through endless repetitive matches. Remember Owens vs Rollins/Reigns? That combination probably had about 20 matches between them from end of summer to the Royal Rumble. That shit got boring quick.

I would prefer Samoa Joe getting the strap here. Even capitalizing on someone else going for the win like he did in the five way. I would say Reigns spears Brock and is about to win and Joe just slaps the clutch on and Reigns passes out. Keeps the aura of Joe never getting beat by Reigns as well. Plus him vs Balor, Rollins, Ambrose etc. throughout the fall would be great.

Joe does not deserve to be in this match, really not sure why he is. Anyhow, I'm sure this will be a great, physical match. Plenty of carnage. Lesnar wins here.

Does it make sense that Lesnar could pick and choose when he gets his return match? Not necessarily but Lesnar gets preferential treatment anyhow, so it shouldn't be out of the ordinary that he can decide when he gets his rematch if he drops the strap.

Pretty sure that everybody who has their title rematch gets to pick when it is.

Joe does not deserve to be in this match, really not sure why he is. Anyhow, I'm sure this will be a great, physical match. Plenty of carnage. Lesnar wins here.

Pretty sure that everybody who has their title rematch gets to pick when it is.

If joe doesn't deserve to be in the match then neither does Reigns since they both lost at Great Balls.

Frankly this should be a lot of fun. Bodies flying everywhere and four hosses rippin' and a tearin' into each other. Joe's looked like a man reborn since he entered into the Brock programme, Lesnar looks enthused for the first time in a good while, Roman's cocky swagger has reached peak levels and Braun is, well he's Braun. That man just oozes testosterone. If nothing else, destruction is all but guaranteed so I'm happy.

As for the winner? Not Brock. That's about as far as I've got really. I mean he's in the perfect match to have him drop the title without actually having him take the pin. The others have all got a legitimate shot. Of the three, I think Reigns is actually the least likely. I think they want him to chase the title for a little while before he finally captures it and heads into Mania season with the red and gold strap. That means Braun or Joe and either is perfectly fine with me.

The wrestling nerd in me wants Joe for the simple fact he deserves it, if nothing else than for being so damn phenomenal since coming to WWE and being both true to himself and reinventing his character ever so slightly. Braun with the title though would be interesting. A true leviathan who can't be slain; bested occasionally, but impossible to kill. Then, in the end, someone would have to end him, and ultimately that'd be Roman, wouldn't it?

I'm not a big fan of fatal 4-way matches, but I'm not going to complain too much here. You have 4 of the biggest guys on the roster who match up pretty well here and 2 feuds that can intertwine, so I understand it. Plus, like some already mentioned, it lets them take the belt off Brock without him taking the pin like at WrestleMania 31.

I think they should go with Strowman here. He's got the most momentum going and the fans are behind him, so I say strike while the iron is hot. His feud with Reigns hasn't gotten stale yet in my opinion, so you can immediately have Strowman and Reigns go at it the next couple ppv or come back to it later in the year and even early 2018. It sounds like they want Reigns to either go into Mania as the champ or win it again then, so I would continue to book Strowman really strong up until then. It'll be nice to see the Universal Champion on tv every week again. I'd have Strowman mow through challengers like Balor, Rollins, Samoa Joe, and Wyatt up until they decide to make Reigns champ again (Royal Rumble or WM34).

I was Listening to THE LAW podcast yesterday and a caller brought up a really could idea that i think that while i don't see it happening would be just plain awesome if they would do it.

We pretty much know they are starting a Shield reunion with Ambrose and Rollins and that they probably are going to win the tag titles at summerslam. How about after they wins the titles they get involve in the fatal four way and help Reigns wins the universal title and we get a full Shield reunion With Reigns as the universal champion and ambrose and rollins as tag champion. The roof would come of the place if that would happen and you end the Show with a great visual.

Like i wrote i doubt that this will happen because i see Lesnar Retaining the title especially since heyman added that if Lesnar lose, he gone from WWE which tells me that Lesnar is winning even through they really didn'T focus on this stipulation at all this week.

he fatal four way is the perfect way to get the title off Brock because you don't even have to pin him. The title should get off of Him. But since Brock is advertised for the September ppv it looks like he is retaining. So he can keep the belt all the way till mania for reigns to win and mainevent his 4th mania in a row.

After more thought about this match, i don't think that it's time yet to take the title away From Lesnar yet. The thing is the title is more valuable now that it'S ever been and even if Brock disappear after the september special event the fact that he holding the belt for so long make whoever finally beat him clean for the title look like a total main eventer which having him drop the title in a four won't accomplish that.

The fact is, for all the rumors going around that brock is going back to UFC and entered the USADA testing pool, they are just that rumors. As of now Brock hasn't confirm anything about this. Plus even if this was true, he can't fight for the UFC or any other MMA promotion until his suspension is over, then he would have to enter the USADA testing pool after the suspension is over and start a training camp which would make him available by July for their las vegas shows. So for now, i kinda see LEsnar focusing more on wrestling at less until his WWE contract is up next year and personally while it might not be the most popular decision, i really would love to see him drop the title at mania next year.

Gotta disagree with you there. If Lesnar goes into Mania still Universal Champ, we all know he is 100% without a doubt losing it. I like the big match feel and unpredictability of this match, so I think it's the perfect time to take the belt off him. It would be nice to have a full-timer hold the title again and defend it each month. I mean, if it can't be defended regularly, it doesn't have much purpose does it?

I'll agree though that whoever wins should pin Lesnar and not one of the other 3. Don't cop out like at WM31 and have Lesnar lose without really losing. Hitch your wagon to Strowman, Samoa Joe, or Reigns all the way (it would be Braun if I had my pick). Don't half ass it and take the easy way out by not having Brock involved in the finish. It also sets up a potentially great rematch for Survivor Series between Brock and the new champion, whoever that may be.

We pretty much know they are starting a Shield reunion with Ambrose and Rollins and that they probably are going to win the tag titles at summerslam. How about after they wins the titles they get involve in the fatal four way and help Reigns wins the universal title and we get a full Shield reunion With Reigns as the universal champion and ambrose and rollins as tag champion. The roof would come of the place if that would happen and you end the Show with a great visual.

Haha I said a week or so ago on here that I wouldn't mind seeing Summerslam end with Ambrose and Rollins coming out and helping Reigns give Lesnar the triple power bomb. Then they all stand in the center of the ring, holding out their newly won belts and doing the fist bump.

I was hoping for Braun VS Brock in a one on one match. Watching two larger than life characters smack each other around in the ring in a battle of the behemoths is what pro wrestling is all about, and hopefully WWE limited contact between Braun and Brock on Monday to set up a future match. Although, more realistically we'll probably get Braun VS Brock at a house show somewhere down the line.

A lot of MOTY potential with this one, and I'll go with Lesnar for the win, because I have to believe Vince wants Lesnar to look indestructible going into Wrestlemania, so it'll be more impressive for Reigns, when he takes him down. The match should follow an entertaining formula with Reigns, Joe, and Strowman realizing they have to team up to take Lesnar out early, but Lesnar eventually starts a furious comeback, complete with Suplex City to win the match.

Very good match. Easily the Match Of The Night and arguably Match Of The Year candidate. Braun Strowman looked extremely good more like a star. Good decision to have Roman Reigns take the fall. The other two needed this protection. Samoa Joe looked good as well but Braun Strowman was easily the highlight of the match and even the whole PPV. Multiple memorable moments and this match had everything a main event needed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back