WWE RAW LD 8/8/2011 - Punk & Beth Are Kicking Asses and Taking Names

An awesome promo segment, and a whole bunch of nothing. That's what I think of this show.

Side note: Isn't it amazing how aggressive Cena marks become when someone comes within 50 miles of threatening his "Top Guy" status? Like most sane people, I know Punk has no chance of taking that spot, but... wow. They start foaming at the mouth when it seems someone might be stepping on Johnny's toes.

I have know idea where all this negative energy about the show is coming from. Me thinks the internet has sucked your souls out through your eyes.

I'm still bemused as to why R-Truth v JoMo, Rey-rey v Miz and A-Ry v Ziggles haven't been announced. Unless they're planning a 2 hour Cena-Punk match-up, I don't get it!

I'm pretty sure the world title matches could both go 30 plus minutes. I don't get why everyone is worried, C'lo Brown is performing!

This show's as top heavy as last month's and we all loved that one. Where's the complaining?

Just watched the closing promo. I thought everyone was shitting me when they said it was that good. Turns out it was that good.

Cena's 10%er impression cracked me up, particularly the bit about his workrate. If only I weren't so vehemently behind Punk.

SummerSlam matches will be around the twenty-five/thirty minute mark, with some being less to give time to others. I'd presume when you add in things like adverts for WWE promoted products(Slim Jim, Skittles etc, etc) promos, interviews and other shit. Plus Cee Lo Green has a performance which I can see being two or three songs.

He'll probably get in "Forget You" as well as the actual theme. So, the estimated average match length is pretty satisfying to me. Orton/Christian V plus Cena/Punk will probably get above the average, or at least the latter definitely will.

I have know idea where all this negative energy about the show is coming from. Me thinks the internet has sucked your souls out through your eyes.

No it was just a very mediocre show for the most part. Nothing but squash matches, a short but solid Kofi/Miz match, and then a very good closing promo segment. Plus no new matches were announced for Summerslam, we only have 4 announced and we're less than a week away. Just not a very good go-home show for the second biggest show of the year.

No it was just a very mediocre show for the most part. Nothing but squash matches, a short but solid Kofi/Miz match, and then a very good closing promo segment. Plus no new matches were announced for Summerslam, we only have 4 announced and we're less than a week away. Just not a very good go-home show for the second biggest show of the year.
Short matches aren't necessarily squash matches. I didn't watch the divas, but I certainly don't remember one squash match on the show.

They weren't squashes, but they were still unimpressive. I'm usually very easily pleased, and even I thought that show was lackluster.

They weren't squashes, but they were still unimpressive.
Would five more minutes of chinlock prolonging what we all know is coming in Cena-Swagger really make you enjoy it that much more? I certainly thought the expedited Cena and Punk matches were damn fine television that didn't let me dose off.

They weren't squashes, but they were still unimpressive. I'm usually very easily pleased, and even I thought that show was lackluster.

highfive.gif

I stopped watching after the Punk match, then watched the closing promo. Well, I say "stopped watching" - I fell asleep.

Would five more minutes of chinlock prolonging what we all know is coming in Cena-Swagger really make you enjoy it that much more? I certainly thought the expedited Cena and Punk matches were damn fine television that didn't let me dose off.

Length had nothing to do with it. The matches simply weren't that captivating.

C'mon Coco, both the Cena and Punk matches were flat out squashes. Their entire purpose was to make Cena and Punk look good by having them dispatch of two midcarders with almost no effort in less than 5 minutes. That's a squash match in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back