WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's happened an awful lot of times, this isn't the first time they've done something like that. In most cases it's to keep a feud going, give someone a win they desperately need, etc, etc.

In this case, I can only speculate it's to keep his fledgling 'Mania streak going. I sincerely hope they don't put the Miz against 'Taker though. He's no HHH/HBK/Punk in the ring, it'd be a potentially terrible match.

EDIT: There again, Miz and Morrison lost their 'Mania 25 match so perhaps it's merely a coincidence.

The thing that concerns me about the Wrestlemania match is that they are trying to build him into a new star who has a streak at Mania.

The thing that concerns me about the Wrestlemania match is that they are trying to build him into a new star who has a streak at Mania.

I could be wrong, but if the point is for a streak, I don't think that is anything to be too concerned about. Giving him a streak doesn't mean that they intend it to be prestigious. At some point when The Miz is heel again he will have something else to brag about and then maybe a face will beat him at WM and shut him up. Or there could be another reason.

I have no problem with him going 4-0 or 5-0... It can be something very cool, more light than the serious Undertaker streak and should definitely be broken. However I'm not totally against The Miz vs. The Undertaker, but first I know I'm biased since I am probably the biggest Miz fan.

But trying to get out of that way of thinking, I do think it's something to keep hyping him up, which can mean that WWE hasn't dropped the ball entirely on one of their best talkers. I mean, the problem with Miz is just the competition and backstage heat and something like that, because you ask any WWE Superstar or crew and he's always in the same lines as Cena and CM Punk as the most hard-working guys in the roster. I really hope they can push him a little bit, like putting him with Dolph Ziggler in a rivalry for the World Heavyweight Championship. However that pointless loss at Monday Night Raw, really hurt him. He needs to get a big win, a good feud with someone before they can put him in a semi serious program.

I believe they gave Barrett the belt only to push him for the UK tour this month. He was a very weak champion, first because of the booking and stuff like that, but it's true. Miz face turn is a total crap because they can't give him anything relevant like they gave Alberto Del Rio. It's all about marketing, and all about money. Del Rio is someone that draws a mexican crowd, Miz does not really bring a lot of attention from a specific market. So all in all, WWE screwed things up. Hope they can have a match at Extreme Rules, and move on. Miz needs to get back on track, he's a better talker than Wade Barrett and he has that "IT" factor and the right look to be successful. Dont give up on him just yet.

"Should we complain"?

Probably not, but will people complain? Yes. Not people in general, but the people that populate internet wrestling forums. They are a fascinating bunch as they complain about a product they can't stand, yet they watch it more loyally than anyone else.

Carry on, my wayward sons.

"Should They are a fascinating bunch as they complain about a product they can't stand, yet they watch it more loyally than anyone else.

It may not seem like, it, but that appears to be the minority. Someone watching with the intention of enjoying things but happening to notice parts that they dislike and commenting, or watching knowing in advance that they like some parts and not others is one thing. (cause not too many people blindly love everything that WWE has to offer). That is to be expected. The small portion of people who appear to watch the full intention of finding as many faults as possible though....they have as much right to complain as anyone, but they should probably stop with the watching out of habit and not desire thing since it apparently makes them angry :)

WWE is the best wrestling(entertainment?) company in the world, and their rich as shit. But why do they always have sucky ass wrestlers. I mean you could just open up an indy show from youtube and you will see a so many more talented wrestlers than what wwe has right now. Why do they have great khali instead of kevin steen. Why do they have damien sandow instead of jack evens. JACK F'N EVANS. There are thousands of great wrestlers around the world. and alot of WWE's roster is not worthy of a list of great wrestlers. (3mb, santino, brodus clay) Im not going to say the rest of the roster because we never see any of the lower cards to judge there wrestling abilities.

Is it really that hard to shove 1 million dollars infront of AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Amazing Red, davey richards, willie mack or other great wrestlers?

SO why isn't WWE even trying to get better wrestlers that we see on youtube and such. Because wwe's current roster is so plain and boring. I mean damien sandows finisher is a NECKBREAKER!! Thats the best move he can do!!!o_O

so why isnt wwe going around and collecting the best from indies.

Sandow > Evans.

Ok since that's out of the way...WWE has a specific style that not all indy wrestlers can make the jump successfully too. Most of the cruisers from WcW weren't even able to make the jump that easy; hence why we no longer have a CW division. WWE is a different beast, and guys like Joe, Daniels, Aries and Styles probably couldn't work a WWE style.

Not to mention that Joe, Daniels and Styles are on the wrong side of 30.

Plus wanting to see spot monkey's in the WWE because their moves look cool isn't that good of a reason to want to see them. Psychology is important.

Swagger just CLEANLY pinned our new WHC Dolph Ziggler. I think its to soon. This is Zigglers first monday match since winning the championship and he lost CLEAN to the man that lost at Mania. Do you think its to soon or am i alone in this boat? :shrug:

Way way too soon. It automatically makes Ziggler look like an extremely weak champion. I get what they are doing by setting up for the three way, but maybe have Del Rio/Swagger go to a countout or draw and set it up this way. This left Ziggler with no protection, and what I Think is a bad move.

Is it really that hard to shove 1 million dollars infront of AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Amazing Red, davey richards, willie mack or other great wrestlers?

..........Nobody on that list is worth one million dollars. Nobody. Big paydays are reserved for the top guys, and most of the guys on that list, who I'm familiar with (don't have a clue who Willie Mack is) haven't proven themselves as someone, who can't carry a company.

Obviously, your definition of a great wrestler is someone, who can do a lot of flashy, complex moves and submission holds, fly around the ring, and flip all over the place. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it on the grand stage. You need personality and charisma. You need to form a connection with the crowd, and they have to care about you. Fandango is a narcissistic ass, who's in love with himself and dancing, and his character is really catching fire. Curtis is over because he's charismatic, and entertaining on the mic, not because he's a submission master, or because he's capable of doing a 450 Splash.

And WWE has John Cena, CM Punk, Sheamus, Randy Orton, and Daniel Byran. Ryback's a rising star, who's going to feud with the WWE Champion. Plus, you can count on Brock Lesnar to show up every few months to destroy everything in his path. The Shield has become a formidable threat, and WWE's mid-card is rock solid. WWE doesn't have a star power problem, or concern for future stars problem at all.

Yeah, you can do a bunch of flashy spots, and lock on ten different submission holds in a match, but if you can't talk, have no personality, or make the live crowds care about you, then you're going to be stuck on the "indies" for a very, very long time.

Swagger just CLEANLY pinned our new WHC Dolph Ziggler. I think its to soon. This is Zigglers first monday match since winning the championship and he lost CLEAN to the man that lost at Mania. Do you think its to soon or am i alone in this boat? :shrug:

Wow, I missed the whole show only to find out that the new World Heavyweight Champion is doing the honors already. Much too soon. I should probably wait and see how it went down before I bemoan it too much, but seriously, WWE needs to calm down on the having their champs lose clean.

I don't believe champions should loose cleanly on T.V. at all unless its to set up a title change, or its by another champion. WWE has become sloppy with this having their midcard title holders job to random people. Titles should be prestigious and the E just isn't doing that except with MAYBE the WWE championship. Champions are supposed to be better than other people at doing what they are doing. Thats why they are champions, not pee ons. Its time to nut up or shut up WWE, make the titles mean something or drop them all together. Either way change needs to happen. There are plenty of other men that can job for you, and make the other person look strong. Take power houses for example. Put big Zeke back on tv as a jobber. Hell you have Ted Dibiasi JR. use him. JUST NOT YOUR DAMN CHAMPIONS!

Let me just say that I hate Ziggler, not because a heel but because he wrestles jike a jackass. Still, I agree that it makes no sense to have your new world champion get pinned (semi) clean just one week after cashing in his case. Who is going to buy Ziggler as a serious main event player and as a god champion if you’re having him lose matches already? It was the same when he had the case and he lost three of every five*. Surely you have someone on the roster who could have fought swagger to give him a win instead of the new champion

*this number may not be entirely factual

WWE *HAVE* thrown money at indie wrestlers to come in and do their thing! Punk, Danielson, and (e.g.) Rollins have move-sets far bigger than they can show on WWE TV. And there's a reason for that - with the WWE they have to travel all over the world and put on house shows everywhere. The amount of preparation required to pull off the more extreme moves is prohibitive to pulling those moves off every week. That's why you have feuds, to enable workers to develop a chemistry in the ring. Their work-load is far higher than they face with TNA or the indie promotions. With such a high work-load, the risk of injury is also much increased, so you can't have AJ doing a corkscrew sault every week, or anything like that. The big spots are saved for PPVs (usually!) and big event TV shows.

Besides that damn near everyone around here is a Ziggler mark and is blind as a bat, I see no reason for everyone to bitch that Ziggler lost one match clean on Raw. First off, it was used so he could pin Swagger at Extreme Rules. Don't worry, your precious boyfriend DZ is not going to drop the belt so soon. Second, he won the belt using the MITB contract. Was that clean? Technically yes, so why aren't you bitching about that? Oh wait, a face lost the belt... :rolleyes: Third, winning using the MITB contract does not make you a credible champion. It never has and never will unless you announce ahead of time, which a heel will never do (hence: heel). Either way, he still needs to be built up, which is a slow process so calm the fuck down.

I know, I know right... "But how is anyone supposed to believe he's a credible champion?"
Third, winning using the MITB contract does not make you a credible champion. It never has and never will unless you announce ahead of time, which a heel will never do (hence: heel). Either way, he still needs to be built up, which is a slow process so calm the fuck down.

Next: "But Dolph (because you're his best friend) should've been winning EVERY MATCH EVER before he cashed in as to make him credible beforehand!" Dolph Ziggler's character is not billed like that. If you're too stupid to understand that by now, you should probably just give up all hope. He comes to the ring with...hold on *spoiler alert*
TWO FUCKING DISTRACTIONS! They're clear as day. One's a beast of a man and the other is really hot.

I know you all think he's the greatest wrestler in the history of the universe, and you all want him to win cleanly in a handicap match against the entire roster, Hulk Hogan, SCSA, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Bruno Sammartino, Mae Young, Ultimate Warrior, The Shockmaster, Doink, Mr. Perfect (because they're so alike, right?) and Andre The Giant, but it's not going to happen.

The End.

Maybe people are complaining about Ziggler's position because each year they've grown sick of how WWE treat their superstars year after year. And quite honestly, I can't blame them. No one's saying he's a God among the roster, but that doesn't mean he has to be treated badly either.

I mean, that is what the IWC want, isn't it? You all would have preferred the Rock v Dolph Ziggler the last two years, rather than the Rock v John Cena.

I saw some idiot here last year say that Dolph Ziggler should be main-eventing Wrestlemania. This despite the fact that one of the biggest names of the past, the Rock, versus the current biggest name in WWE, John Cena, had planned a match at Wrestlemania one year in advance.

I don't get all the love on this site for Dolph Ziggler. He is a good ring-worker, but he is no Shawn Michaels. Yet he is hyped like HBK.

Ziggler to me looks to me like a more talented version of Billy Gunn. He is the typical pretty boy that the fans would normally boo, but you people cheer him like he is a god amongst men. Why? I don't get it. Explain it to me.

I have never seen such sycophantic love for a wrestler on this site since "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. The difference is, (and this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of SCSA), that Austin deserved his push, and didn't look out of place wearing a WWE Title. He could carry a storyline, and change a company. Ziggler can't.

Don't forget, this was a guy who was a male cheerleader in the most ineffective faction in WWE history (The Shield would kill Spirit Squad, everyone else did). This was a guy whose first few months were spent introducing himself and wanting people to shake his hand. Not exactly an Undertaker-like debut that captures the imagination.

You people bagged and hated on talented workers like Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison, and said that they lacked stickwork. But both are as talented as Ziggler, and Ziggler is no maestro on the mike either, since he has always had someone speaking for him (e.g. Vickie Guerrero, AJ). When will Ziggler break out on his own, and cut promos like C.M. Punk? If you are going to bag Shelton or Morrison due to stickwork, how can you praise Ziggler for the same thing?

Dolph Ziggler is one of the most talented guys on the roster, but actual good inring workers are few and far between today anyway. Other than Punk and Bryan, there are few other great workers, so of course he comes out looking good. If Ziggler had been around when HBK, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, a fit and firing Rey Mysterio, Edge at his best etc, he would have had great matches with them, but he would have got lost in the shuffle behind them.

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Bruno Sammartino, Ric Flair, the Rock, the Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Dolph Ziggler, (who is the odd man out, who doesn't fit amongst those names)? The way some of you talk about him, you act like Ziggler would fit into that list pretty snuggly.

So, explain it to me, why do you rally around Ziggler, and laud him while bagging the Miz or Sheamus? What intrinsic quality does Ziggler have that makes you all act like screaming girls at a One Direction concert (Ziggler wouldn't look out of place in One Direction actually)? He may be good, but it will take a lot to convince me that he is worthy to be considered as great as you all make him out to be.

Next someone will suggest that he should end the Undertaker's winning streak!:banghead::wtf:

The thing I think Ziggler needs to work and is holding him back but for some reason no one seems to agree with me

OMG DOLPH ZIGGLER IS THE BEST GREATEST SELLER OF MOVES EVER

He isn't that good of a seller in fact he oversells too much and makes it look tacky. For example lets take any bump Ziggler takes eg a Monkey Flip from Zack Ryder isn't wrestling about suspending disbelief not for one second do I think Zack Ryder can make a guy like Ziggler flip not just onto his back but another for 180 degrees it looks ridiculous. People actually thought Brock Lesnar running into the turnbuckle pole from an irish whip make him bleed legitimately. No one thinks oh wow what happened to Ziggler looks like it actually hurt, people just think he is a good seller. Whereas a good seller actually makes people think they got hurt.........

I actually agree with you on this, i really don't think that Ziggler would has what it takes to be a main eventer but i think the reason so many people in the IWC praise the guy and think that Zggler belong with all these the likes of Austin, Hart Cena, Hogan, The rock and so many legends and current main event guys is mostly because WWE doesn'T see it their way and in the past, they were able to get what they wanted. Just look at the track record of the IWC. RVD got push because of them, Benoit, guerrero, Bryan, jericho, all got there first brake into wwe main event because of them and there are more exemple like that that i can't remember right now.

The fact is, Dolph Ziggler has become the new pet project for the IWC, that their guy they want to help get over as a WWE main eventer but the problem is that while Dolph Ziggler is a great talent, he's not a main event caliber guy and that mostly because he hasn't change is act in 4 years. To me, Ziggler will always be a Mr. Perfect clone, a great mid card talent that will never have enough charisma to be the top guy in the WWE.

First of all, try some decaf.

Second of all, no...let's just wait for that decaf to settle in first.

Okay, ready?

Nobody knows what Ziggler can really do in an extended main event level feud because no one's really given him the chance. The guy's obviously got talent in the ring. He's putting on good matches consistently, takes some great bumps, and seems to have a solid knack for in-ring storytelling.

So he was stuck with a crappy gimmick. How about Stunning Steve Austin with his day glo spandex, or The Ringmaster? Remember Flex Kavana and Rocky "Love me because I'm a face!" Maivia...whose whole gimmick was I'm the son of Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia? Terra Ryzing ring a bell?

And that list of names: Hart & Michaels...let's talk about them a sec. Hart is exactly like Ziggler. Exactly. He was a guy with incredible talent who everyone loved for that talent and never seemed to catch a break unless it was as part of the Hart Foundation. He also sucked at promos, probably worse than Ziggler. It never got better either. He sucked at promos when he was young, in his prime, and when he came back a few years ago. But he got his shot to shine, and he ended up becoming a main eventer for years.

Michaels was very much the same way. The difference is that once he was given his shot, he actually started to improve his promos, and then really wowed people by taking some incredibly sick bumps in high profile matches. Ziggler may or may not have Michaels' talent, but let's see what happens now. Maybe he does.

"Dolph Ziggler is one of the most talented guys on the roster, but actual good inring workers are few and far between today anyway. Other than Punk and Bryan, there are few other great workers, so of course he comes out looking good."

I'm sorry, what are you arguing again? Because I'm pretty sure that's what most of the Ziggler fans are saying.

Prepare yourself for the IWC's wrath!

Seriously though, you completely nailed it. What the IWC usually does is find a wrestler stuck in the midcard and treat him like a god. This wrestler is always talented in some way and is usually better than most of the other midcarders at that time (not in the case of Zack Ryder). They then proceed to exaggerate every good trait this wrestler has to make them seem like the god of wrestling. In the case of Ziggler, the IWC overexaggerates his ability in the ring (which is very good mind you, but the way a lot of people in the IWC view it he is better than Benoit,Angle and Guerrero combined). So yeah the IWC has latched onto Ziggler and because of this they have to bag on 75% of the people in the main event because they think their Ziggy deserves to be there, it's just how they work.

I 1000% agree with the original poster. The guy does not seem like a world champ. That promo he cut on RAW was horrible. He is a nice worker, yes. But he has no charisma. He is crap on the mic. I don't get the admiration for him whatsoever. I hate that shtick when he speeds up his sentences. That's corny. I hate that he constantly has to remind us how charismatic he is. Uh, you're not. You don't steal the show, a guy like Shawn Michaels steals the show. And he doesn't have a good "look" that most wwe brass cares about these days. I don't get it.

I think the reason he gets so much praise is well, look who else he has to compete with, asides from punk and Bryan who else is there thats been established as main eventers recently 1. Sheamus 2. Ryback 3. Del Rio 4. Swaggar then theirs the mid carders Miz, Wade, Kofi, Truth, Cessaro Rhode scholars. Some have been the victims of having nothing written for them but at the end of the day for whatever reason you have a very average group of guys, a few good mike workers alot of good in ring but nothing exceptional. Therefor I conclude it is that ziggy is just the best of an average bunch.

the only guy I can see over taking him is Sandow or rhodes if he gets another good gimmick.

I'm probably gonna get screwed majorly for this, but why would I be impressed with a guy who's name is Ziggler? It got worse when AJ called him "Ziggy". Hell , even Haku is a better name for a pro wrestler gimmick.

What would you prefer hearing "World Heavyweight Champion, Mark Henry!" Or "World Heavyweight Champion, Dolph Ziggler!" (I'm not a mark henry mark(pun intended), but I'm just saying I find it easier to believe a guy with the name Mark Henry is a champion than Dolph Ziggler")

And his selling, good Lord, he just goes overboard with everything. It's about as bad as Shawn Micheals' turnbuckle crash. Although I would like to see him do a quadruple flip when the Big Show KOs him.

Back to the OP though, I don't see him headlining Mania, the most he can get is a Jake "The Snake" Roberts slot on the card (and he can main-event WrestleMania over Ziggler any day).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back