Book This! - General Discussion

Danmen001

Championship Contender
Yes, yes and finally. The Book This section has become alive and living once again (well if it ever was). There are at least 5 consistently running Book This threads and hopefully more people will be contributing soon enough.

I urge everyone to at least read all the Book This threads, and your favourite one especially (Mine that is ... obviously). Then if you could be bothered furthering that, review them. All of the Book This write pretty good quality things, and seeing as how they put their time into it, it's worth a good look.

So now that people are being consistent with Book This I have decided to create a general discussion thread so everyone can come and discuss their favourite Book This threads. You can also discuss what you would like to see in someone Book This, or what kind of Book This you would like to see. Or you can discuss ... well anything really.

Just pop into this thread, take a quick review at all the Book This threads you enjoy or just comment on something and be on your way. No Spam obviously. Well everyone, enjoy the new Book This as it is reborn.

My first comment is going to be a very general one. To all my fellow writers I would just like to say good job, keep it up and ... mine's better. :p

Yes Book This! is finally back and on a roll.I think that me and you,Danmen really got it going again.My refreshing read:)lmao:) and your never give up attuide got this section going again.But it still have SOME work...I mean a whole section only has 5 active threads!

My favourite apart from mine has to be N.E.W.His first show was pretty damn good and he has a clever backstory that brought me into it.Good roster aswell.

I think that if we started a few threads like this one maybe we could get a bigger number of Book This!-ers.Maybe we should start up a "Who should I use/sign" Thread?Maybe a basic help thread?Just throwing it out there....

Yeah, we were most likely the ones who got it popular. But my shows aren't up as consistently as I'd like, so it is very useful to have others to fill in the void so to speak. All the show are of good quality of course, and I did read N.E.W. in part. I will have another look over it after I post this, it's a pertty good show from what I remember.

5 Active sections is pretty good for a section like this IMO. But there are only some contributing of course, although if you look at the veiws you show has something around 500 I believe. Script This has 2400 or something, but I can't entirely contribute that to myself seeing as others were involved. I did the math and it evens about to around the same number of veiws for each of our shows.

A basic help thread would be good, I mean some advice from the experts to the newcomers would be useful for people who aren't sure. I have some ideas and things that I'd like to contribute for people to use, such as formatting (putting spaces between sentences :p), which wrestlers are good to carry your show with for starters, how the show should be run, how many matches/ PPVs and booking styles. All the jazz, I have plenty of advice to give on.

Good idea that is, we could do it in here, although it would get more attention in another thread in the lounge section. Before we posted it we could counsel about what to put in it through PM or in here. Or we could each individually do one based on what we think are good tips. Whatever floats ya boat I suppose.

My shows will get better, promise. I'm going to summarize my matches, like you guys suggested. I was already planning on that. And yeah, I enjoy both your guys' shows. I'm going to read them more throroughly, next time, and I can give you better feedback. I hope we can get some life back into Book This! It'd be more fun for us, if we did.. Competition is amazing!

I really like Danmens Book This! The day I signed up here at wrestlezone I wondered into the Book This! Section and saw Script This. I read it and thought it was ok, but then I read Danmen's part. I thought it was really amazing and him and DJ really have brought Book This back to life.

I like DJ and Danmen's, both. I really don't get the concept of Script this, but whatever. It's entertaining. I'm glad to see a bit of life in Book This.. I've recruited a friend that will most likely be doing a weekly show. So, yeah. I can't wait for you guys to update your shows. I am going to start writing my second show right now. Have fun.

Good luck. I just updated mine. Im sure I will be as entertained with your second show as much as I was with your very solid opening show.

i remember i was like, u know i want to make a promotion, and i want to write what i wanna write, and then i stumbled across Book This, and the only one that i think was up and running was smackdown vs raw, and i saw that is dealt with the wwe, so i decided to do a promotion that is pretty realistic, only using superstars that are out of either TNA or WWE, and so far i am the only original one doing that, everyone else is just using there favorite superstars from all promotions, which i DO NOT find entertaining, and you all use there same gimmick.

The concept on Script This! is using the actual game of Smackdown vs. Raw featuring E.C.W. and playing that and using that as your way of booking. Now I actually think this way is harder than doing normal Book This, because you (well, are meant too anyway) have to follow the restrictions of the game. Such as, the matches, the rosters the PPVs and shows, and most importantly ... the game decides who wins the matches so it is harder to book fueds that make sense.

Although I personally like that because it is kind of easier to look at what is going on ... and sometimes I make exceptions to the rules :p. Like when my first mania comes I am going to be using more match slots and just simming them outside of GM mode.

Also, Willi, once again I'd to point out my roster restrictions. I can only choose certain ones because the other brands on the game take some. Another point is you might enojy that, but the fact is people might genereally rather read about stars they konw more about. But then again people will read all of our show if they find it appealing for them, so whateva floats your boat.

Also glad I opened discussion here, thing will be better off for Book This. Also people should feel free to advertise Book This in there sigs, without going outside the rules obviously.

Does anyone think a Basic Help Thread would be good?Also what does everybody think about a "Ultimate Name Thread".Basically If your stuck for a name go here and get it.Hell, maybe "What Worker could fit here" Thread could work.Its wide open.

The Next RPW is going to be up today.Expect a debut of a old friend!

For Example-

I get stuck on my book this.Worker A needs backup to take out Worker B and Worker C.So I'd post in that thread with the situation and what he needs to look like(big,tall,meancing).Then you would reply with someone fitting the desrictpion like Scott Steiner or Kevin Nash.

Understand?

I don't think we need a thread for that, we have general discussion and no point in making a thread for every single little detail and/or idea we have.

Although the thread I do think would be good is an "Advice From The Experts", because I have some tips and what not. My show may or may not be up tonight depending on whether or not I could be bothered or not.

Also I'm gonna try and say this wihtout sounds mod-esk. Don't just post "My show is up", otherwise it may be considered spam.

ok i agree that not everyone likes the same things, but all im saying is this, excluding danmen who was doin this before me, so kudos to him, but im saying, everyone else uses the exact same 20 people, and try to build a brand around them, i'm just saying, i dont understand why i would want to read one of yalls, if the next person was using the exact same people in there promotion, get what im saying? what makes u stand out if your using the same ppl they are?

I was the first.So ha.

But really I have a ton of people no one elses uses.For example Jeff Jarrett,Scott Steiner,Lance Storm,Haas and Benjamin(I think no one else uses them),Chris Hero,Eljiah Burke and more that I don't remember.Plus unlike everyone else I use people in different ways.I have Ken Kennedy as Ken Anderson, a Stone Cold type character.I also have Jericho as a physcho and I also have Orton as "The Future" not the cocky type EVERYONE uses.

And guys I have great News-HBK-aholic is allowing me to set up a second book this!I plan on starting it tonight or tomorrow.This book this will be more of a Indy Style one and won't be updated as often as RPW.So I hope you enjoy Dragon Pro.

Yeah but i mean then again, we have seen Randy Orton in the future gimmick, you cant go anywhere on this sight without hearing how people want Kennedy to be more like Stone Cold, and idk if u have watched Raw lately, but Jericho is on the edge of insanity, and complete oblivion to what he has done to HBK, so your gimmicks arent so great, but i do condone you for using, Haas, Benjamin, and Burke, i like all of 3 of them

I was the first.So ha.

But really I have a ton of people no one elses uses.For example Jeff Jarrett,Scott Steiner,Lance Storm,Haas and Benjamin(I think no one else uses them),Chris Hero,Eljiah Burke and more that I don't remember.Plus unlike everyone else I use people in different ways.I have Ken Kennedy as Ken Anderson, a Stone Cold type character.I also have Jericho as a physcho and I also have Orton as "The Future" not the cocky type EVERYONE uses.

And guys I have great News-HBK-aholic is allowing me to set up a second book this!I plan on starting it tonight or tomorrow.This book this will be more of a Indy Style one and won't be updated as often as RPW.So I hope you enjoy Dragon Pro.

I use them. I just don't have an interest in using Indy guys or people like Jarrett. I am utilizing people like Paul London,Vladimir Koslov and The Brian Kendrick. It's just what appeals to me. My guys gimmicks will change, don't you worry.

That's awesome. Can't wait to read it.

Was wondering if anybody was interested in a new concept. I know that sounds like a proposition; it isn't. It'd be me writing it and everything. It'd be different to other shows - I'd just follow one wrestler during a notable (and completely hypothetical) path in their career. A couple of ideas I've had is Kurt Angle's last days from TNA to main-eventing WrestleMania once more, or something like that, or Alex Shelley going from tag title glory to X Title glory. Would anyone be interested in that?

I've a history of creating shows with good concepts (well, in my opinion) and just letting them sit, so I'd treat this one carefully. So carefully in fact, I may never start it.

i think it would be an alright idea, but you would need to spend alot of time on it to make it even readable, and that might not be a good thing, and i would start with someone who isnt even in TNA, maybe a favorite independent worker, im not sure, but it is up to you!

I was the first.So ha.

Actually, if you look at the dates on the posts, you will find that i started first. Nice try though :p.

I don't know why that some are having issue with the unoriginality of the characters. In my opinion, people are generally going to be more interested in characters that they can relate to ... characters they know about. But I could be wrong, that is just what I think. And all original idea are welcomed of course.

Not sure why you need permission to start a new show ... But that is good, but what I am concerned about is that you may lack focus on either one. Idny style isn't my style, but I'm sure others will be interested in it. I read them all of course, I just may not pay as much attention to it.

EDIT: Forgot the mention, good idea having a single wrestler and going through their career independantly. Very original, I look forward to seeing your work ... if you do it that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back