WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
First match at Wrestlemania, beating Chris Jericho.
Just a really dumb idea.. because the fact that Jericho lost to a newbie so easily at Mania overshadows the fact that Fandango just pinned a multiple time champ at Mania. Hurts Jericho more than it betters Fandango IMO.

Would've loved it if Fandango went all brutal and beat up Jericho very badly and proved that he's a tough competitor and will go far in the WWE even if he ends up losing to Jericho, I think that would have done him more good. I remember on NXT when it was Chris Jericho vs Daniel Bryan. Jericho won, but Bryan looked like a million bucks because he put on a stellar performance against the world champion at that time. Fandango could have done the same, and it would have been better because it was at Wrestlemania.

I'm a complete Chris Jericho mark I'll admit, but I'm perfectly fine with him putting over young talent because it usually doesn't hurt him. I believe losing to Fandango at Wrestlemania does hurt him and that's why I think this was a silly decision.

First you don't lose your legacy. He's still the same man who was the first Undisputed Champion beating the Rock and Stone Cold in the same night. Jericho said he's gonna help build up young up and coming wrestlers. I would have rather seen Fandango lose at Wrestlemania or finding a different way of putting him over. But hopefully Johnny Curtis doesn't keep this gimmick for long and can use this win as momentum in the future. Jehrico even mentioned it in the post show. That he has to build on the win.

I don't care, the real fans will appreciate his abilities and legacy no matter how much he loses.

I appreciate that unlike every other older guy, in a time when the serious opportunities of newer up-and-coming guys are sparse for the benefit of part-timers hogging the spotlight, he looks to the future. The WWE should learn that you can't just expect people to be stars without building them up, Stone Cold didn't become Stone Cold without the help of a lot of people.

Jericho isn't the Rock, Undertaker, Cena or Hulk Hogan. He's in that next group down with Steamboats, Savages and Foleys. So the idea that Jericho is too big a star to job to an up and comer is laughable. The only thing in this match that could hurt Jericho was that sloppy finish.

Saying that Jericho blew it is kind of melodramatic, don't you think? The time for Chris Jericho to win championships and have huge moments is behind him, and he knows this. Him putting people over is a good thing. If a guy needs legitimacy, what better way than to beat the man who has held more Intercontinental Championships than anyone in the business? It's not about the fact that he has money and other projects; when Jericho comes back, he puts people over. His legacy won't be destroyed just because he lost to Fandango at Wrestlemania; Jericho has bounced back from worse. It's not like when I look at Jericho when he's retired in 5-10 years, the only thing I'll remember is him losing to Fandango at Wrestlemania.

Everything's fine. Jericho will be just fine.

One loss isn't going to hurt Jericho's legacy....which is a legacy of losing. That is what he does. He has always been a guy who puts other talent over, especially at this stage of his career. He is so over that all he has to do is return after an absence and he gets cheered. He is a multi time world champion, one of the greatest show men in pro wrestling, an absolute ring general, the first ever undisputed champion. There is literally nothing else he could add to his legacy. A win or loss wouldn't hurt here, as we all knew going in it was his job to put Curtis over. If he didn't like it he wouldn't keep coming back.

And don't act like those other guys never lost to inferior opponents.
[YOUTUBE]QQs1VD6eYN8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]hewCRR_v99E[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]mYZoGACeqt4[/YOUTUBE]

Wow you guys replying are like robot mimicks of eachother , you keep saying the exact same thing ,. Only like 1 guy so far who replied seemed to understand what I posted. You guys keep saying the "Jericho is putting over younger guys line" . What the hell happened to wrestling fans... Man you guys are all kind of new school sissy mentality of defending every booking decision. back in the day wrestling fans hated certain guys and worshipped other guys.. Nowadays its like smart mark syndrome where everything is so psychoanalyzed based on "whats right for the business" that's complete BS in my opinion. He looked horrible losing to fandango at wrestlemania and that's the 100% truth. Did you guys really sit there during the match thinking oh this is gonna be cool when Jericho jobs to Fandango ... Most guys were wanting Jericho to smash that dancing asshole. Why cant you guys just admit he didn't need to JOB to that guy. Jericho is not 50 and retiring , he still has steam.. My thing is this . WrestleMania is the night where legacys are born each year once a year its the greatest stage ,. Legends can still win on that night. fandango will not be a legend based off of that schoolboy botched roll up..

Jericho's legacy has not been damaged at all by this loss tonight. When Jericho is long gone and retired (many years away I hope) we will not be remembering how he lost to Fandango, but how he was an amazing superstar, that entertained us for years, and most importantly realised it is now his job as a veteran to help the younger superstars as much as he can, so this product can be around when he has retired.

HOWEVER, I think tonight's match was executed completely wrong. Fandango was not billed to be dominant or strong tonight, and was in fact imo shown to be lucky and weak. I know he is the heel, and they were trying to protect Y2J, but Fandango was butchered out there tonight, apart from couple of offensive moves. He didn't show the crowd he could wrestle well, but that he could hang on in there and pinch a victory, not how a debut on WM should look. However, tomorrow night, it will all be about that tick in the Victory box, and a job well done by Jericho

I don’t know about you guys but matches involving two big muscle bound guys who are all power moves just end up boring.
I know that this may be sacrilege but i even found Hogan V Andre and Hogan V Warrior dull.

I don’t know maybe i just complain too much but can anyone out there remember a good match between two big guys that was good??
(Undertaker vs Kane or Brock Lesner does not count for the purposes of this exercise)

And since this is in the WWE section lets limit it to the fed.
IAnd I’m not talking about crowed response I’m talking about quality of match.

To answer your initial question, they wouldn't even be put in the position to face him

Why have him lose at WrestleMania in that jacked up stadium he got a huge pop coming out.

Possibly cause they know that he will still get that pop because losing a lot doesn't ruin the legacy, admiration for him, support for him, and so on.

You guys keep saying the "Jericho is putting over younger guys line" . What the hell happened to wrestling fans... Man you guys are all kind of new school sissy mentality of defending every booking decision. back in the day wrestling fans hated certain guys and worshiped other guys..

Back in the day most people weren't about watching matches and thinking about who benefits and who doesn't, rather they often just wanted to enjoy what they were watching and, like you said be fully behind who they worshiped and fully against who they hated. These days, even you are watching while thinking about who benefits and who doesn't, so in your own way you have a new school mentality too.

What happened to the concept of being open minded people and not necessarily liking why something happens in order to understand the concept of why it does? That doesn't have to have anything to do with trying to be smart or over thinking anything, but has to do with not having a "I must loathe or love something" just because I would prefer something different mentality. Granted, not every poster states their point to be open minded and some blindly defend anything as if WWE can do no wrong, but I for example am not oblivious to things, though I apparently qualify as having a sissy mentality.

He looked horrible losing to fandango at Wrestlemania and that's the 100% truth.

It is difficult to argue with someone who has an I'm right you're wrong mentality but here is my "sissy mentality" opinion. Check out Jericho's books, read some quotes from him, and find out how much he couldn't care about winning or losing as long as he puts on a good match.I get that you acknowledged that and simply don't care. I also acknowledge that his opinion is just his and doesn't have to represent a single fan so I am not going with the 'if so and so says it it must be true and you must agree" line that same people use. I am saying though that I happen to agree with him, not because I like that he loses a lot, or that he lost to Fandango, but because he has established a legacy where unless he is getting squashed, he is going to put forth an effort that will more often than not include a good match on his part, and maybe just happen to culminate with a loss.

The guy could lose 20 matches in a row to various levels of opponents, but as long as he's putting forth an effort that presents him as if he can win, then the legacy that has already been firmly established is no way tarnished. That can apply to pretty much anyone who is established enough. I respect that you disagree.

A lot of the time, for something to "look" a certain way is a matter of perception. Someone can think that their significant other looks great but someone else can think that they are the most hideous looking person that they have ever seen. With wrestling someone can think that a match was good or great and someone else can think it was absolute crap. There are plenty of other wrestling and non wrestling examples. One person can think that Jericho "looks" bad by losing and another can think that he looks perfectly fine. I don't think that anyone will think that he looks undeniably great, but a lot of people clearly don't' think that it harms him while others think that it did. I completely respect your opinion, but please don't preach it as a fact. I can see how Jericho being the better performer in the match (not just historically but within the actual match) then losing to of all things a roll up isn't the best route, but I also don't find it to be anything destructive to him. No matter how a pin happens, whether it is in a cheap way, after a finisher, or after a series of finishers, it all can amount to the losing wrestler happening to have a bad few seconds. I have had a bad few seconds plenty of times in reality so I don't see it as an issue in a scripted one. I will not deny that I preferred a little different presentation but it is what is is. Life goes on, to me Jericho is still 100% legit, and now we'll see where Fandango goes as far as matches.

Did you guys really sit there during the match thinking oh this is gonna be cool when Jericho jobs to Fandango

I am guessing that most people didn't think that. However, at least a decent portion probably did at least for a second think about how if he does lose it probably won't be a big deal. I was under the impression since the match was likely to happen, that a lot of people assumed in advance that Jericho was going to lose, even though they probably didn't want him to.

.. Most guys were wanting Jericho to smash that dancing asshole.

Which again goes along with the not having to like why something happens to understand why it does. Not as in the dreaded what is good for business rationality but simply in a, I am not always going to see what I want because the world doesn't' revolve around me rationality.

Why cant you guys just admit he didn't need to JOB to that guy.

I can't speak for others but I can easily admit that he absolutely didn't "need" to. Why can't you admit that it isnt' really that big of a deal that he did? (I am not talking about the how, but the overall action of losing) The answer is partially because you happen to have an strong opinion, which you are entitled to.

Legends can still win on that night.

Of course they can, but do they all have to? Two of the highest three tier ones (meaning Rock, Triple H, and The Undertaker) won and the other still was given a moment to shine after his loss. The other three vets guys who were around during the attitude era, 2 out of three won their matches (Kane and Mark Henry).

fandango will not be a legend based off of that schoolboy botched roll up..

Of course not, but not everything about Wrestlemania is going to be about building legends. For better or worse, we're in 2013 now. The way that things were in the past maybe should have a bigger bearing on what happens today, but that just isn't how things tend to work, as unfortunate as that may be. (Notice from my wording that again I may not like something in order to understand it).

I realize that you probably think that everything that I just wrote is a load of crap but at least I (don't think) am giving generic answers without at least having thought put into them.

Last night in the WrestleMania Pre-Show The Mix defeated Wade Barrett to win the Intercontinental Championship, Then tonight on Monday Night Eaw Wade had his rematch and this time he defeated The Miz and reclaimed the Championship. Now am I just be naive here but what was the point in letting Miz win it last night just for him to lose it not even 24-Hours later.

I text my sister in law during Raw. We kind of go back and forth through the whole show, and after Barrett won the title back I text her what was the point of Miz winning the title last night. I am a bit confused on this one. I have never been a fan of the 24 hour title change, and the fact that the match last night was on the preshow makes it even more strange. I can't really think of any logical reason why they would have done this.

I suspect it was a quick easy way to give the fans something to take pop for that wouldn't really affect much of any storyline. I'm sure they knew fans weren't happy with mania and than scrambling to put a whole rewritten show tonight minus the rock would have started an even bigger wave of negativity if there weren't plenty of high spots to take away from tonight..... The crowd was part of the night.

Personally, I didn't give a shit. :shrug:

Miz is just terrible as a face, and the Figure Four is not the right finisher for him. But why in the fuck would WWE give Miz a Wrestlemania moment, and shit all over it 24Hrs. later? It doesn't make any sense. Maybe the higher ups backstage realized they made a mistake, and threw the title back on Barrett. Haven't heard anything, but it's the best guess I can come up with right now.

But yeah, either way you look at it, this isn't a good sign for Miz. He's been stuck in a land of mediocrity since this awkward and forced face turn. He was more entertaining as a heel, and in hindsight, you can see how much Cole helped him out. But Cole isn't the obnoxious and unbearable jackass anymore, so Miz can't rely on him as a crutch. I dunno. Miz will still get his TV time, but as far as any pushes go, I don't expect anything major for him in the future, or next year.

Miz is still undefeated at Mania... That is the point. It does nothing now, but it's one of those things that they'll keep intact until its needed.

It was to start the night off with an "anything can happen" title switch. Same reason they started off last year's Mania with the 18 second match between Sheamus and Daniel Bryan.

It was more than likely to keep Miz's streak going (even though he lost on a preshow before) and to gain last minute WM buys in the hope it would create buzz. Glad they chose to put the strap back on Barrett. He is now a 3 time IC Champ.

It may seem a little bit unnecessary but I think one of the main reasons they did it (or why I think they should) is to keep the fans on their toes. Normally when someone gets their automatic rematch clause for the title most fans just assume that there's no way it would switch back. So as a result they may not be as invested in the match and the crowd reactions may be not as good as normal. If they do a title switch back every once in a while it will keep the fans invested in the rematch of other matches where it's a rematch for the title. So whenever Antonio Cesaro loses his title and gets his rematch, the crowd who may not have believed he would win the title back, now have a little seed of doubt planted in their mind because it has happened before.

It was done to warm up the crowd last night. Miz chasing is the better story anyway. Personally, I think the two work well together. I'd push for a best of five series where they coin flip, winner picks the stip, and the winner continues to choose. I know, I know, TNA Did either similar or the exact same thing with MCMG and Beer Money, but it's good stuff.

Is The Great Khali the worst in the ring of all time. The guy is terrible at every aspect of wrestling and in my life time I have never seen anyone worse. Is there anybody you guys can remember that is this bad?

Is The Great Khali the worst in the ring of all time. The guy is terrible at every aspect of wrestling and in my life time I have never seen anyone worse. Is there anybody you guys can remember that is this bad?
No, but crazy as it might sound, he's not there to wrestle. He's incredible to see in the flesh, and he's a tool for spreading the product to the enormous untapped market in India. Much like Jinder Mahal, even though he's Canadian.

its time for a revolution its time to tell wwe what we think and what we want start sending in senerios and ideahs i know that they say that they will throw them out but what if the majority of people that want this crap they r putting on tv to change sent in thier thoughts and ideas they would have to deal with us they would have to stop telling us what we wanna see and start giving us what we want its time for us hardcore wwe fans to change the system fuck vince fuck attitude era characters getting and hogging all the spotlight and fuck hhh for putting up with this shit and being a yes man wwe has never had a positive role model with the belt that was black nor have they had a woman world champion dont you think its time for that charma and beth would have been 2 perfect canidates for that position but lets face it wwe is racist and sexist and its time for a change enough is enough super cena needs to be heel mark henry needs time with the belt as a dominate face

No offense is intended but that was not an easy post to read. I am not one to be a grammar/punctuation nazi but rants tend to be all over the place as is, but with the whole post being one long sentence...

Anyway, There probably aren't too many scenarios that can be applied that can't in some way be compared to something that was already done, possibly several times. That doesn't mean that things are perfect as they are, but does mean that the genius ideas that a lot of fans think they have (and there have been some really good ones in theory that we have all seen over the years), may not actually be that good or well received if executed. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but realistically it probably is a lot of the time. Some of the things that people complained about for years still are issues, but not quite as much as they used to be, and that is without people trying to have a revolution against WWE (so to speak). A large enough number of people who claim to despise the product actually boycotting it and actually being noticed enough to make a dent in WWE's earnings, would probably get certain points across better than suggesting ideas under current conditions.

its time for a revolution its time to tell wwe what we think and what we want start sending in senerios and ideahs i know that they say that they will throw them out but what if the majority of people that want this crap they r putting on tv to change sent in thier thoughts and ideas they would have to deal with us they would have to stop telling us what we wanna see and start giving us what we want its time for us hardcore wwe fans to change the system fuck vince fuck attitude era characters getting and hogging all the spotlight and fuck hhh for putting up with this shit and being a yes man wwe has never had a positive role model with the belt that was black nor have they had a woman world champion dont you think its time for that charma and beth would have been 2 perfect canidates for that position but lets face it wwe is racist and sexist and its time for a change enough is enough super cena needs to be heel mark henry needs time with the belt as a dominate face

I'd like to see a Black man in the WWE title's lineage. I don't care if hes heel or face, stereotypical or radically new, a full Black needs to hold the WWE title, the same title that was at one point the WWWF Championship held by the likes of Buddy Rogers..

As for Charma or Beth holding either of the World titles you are misguided and delusional. Chyna in 1998 couldn't hold the WWF title and she seemed on par. I think her I-C title win hurt Jarrett pretty bad. Othen then being awarded it or winning it in a battle royal theres no way to get it on them or off them without destroying the federation..

Sorry if I'm being stupid here but what was the point in The Miz beating Wade Barrett for the IC title at the WM pre show only to then lose it straight back to Barrett the next night on Raw?

Why didn't they just keep the title with Barrett?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back