WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
What the heck is wrong with all of you? Dolph Ziggler's new look is bad, what sets his look apart from the others?

The OP main a good point. So, I'm assuming you guys would all be perfectly fine if John Cena wore Zack Ryder's attire? Undertaker wearing R-Truth's attire? Or if Triple H gets a mohawk? Of course it matters how a wrestler looks. You guys are trying to come across as smart by not making a deal out of this and saying that a wrestler's personality is what makes them, not their look. That's idiotic.

There is some cases where a new hairdo or just a new look in general would end up being alright and not a big deal. But in Dolph Ziggler's case, his look was unique and not the much more typical hairdo that he has now. He stood out. I feel like now, he has to rebuild all the credibility that he lost, so that he looks more legit like he used to.

I agree with the OP. Dolph did have a unique look or at least a few things that made him stand out from most of the current bland WWE superstars look and they took them things away and made him just another boring generic looking wrestling guy. I don't know why people are bringing up the "get used to it in the PG era" argument because the whole PG thing should mean more outlandish unique cartoon character gimmicks/storylines should be produced so that has nothing to do with it.

Image is very important..especially if you watch pro wrestling for reason other than just the wrestling side of things and I don't get excited by many current wrestlers as far as image or storylines go. Hopefully things will change and the WWE creative teams can produce a brand full of wrestlers that will please all viewers.

For those that haven't had the privledge of being a wrestling fan during the territories, I think you misunderstand one of the arguments of the poster.

The reason why certain wrestlers of the past [ Legends ] got over is because when they found a gimmick and look that worked. Promoters were smart enough NOT TO CHANGE IT.

You would have never seen Mr. Wrestling come out in an outfit other then his white and black trim. Ric Flair would always have his robes on and trademark blond hair. And Mr. Perfect would never change his hair color , towel or chewing gum.

These things were apart of the wrestlers brand to get them over. It made the character work. Obviously someone at WWE thinks that Dolph's look wasn't getting him over or they had another vision for him.

The bad part is that they changed what made him stand out. Sure anyone can have skills on the mic and wrestler. But the character and the connection that the fans have to the character is what gets them over.

I think this point is where the younger wrestling fans obviously don't get. Sorry but I see it as an experience related issue.

Could you imagine Adrian Street going into a territory expecting to get over without his makeup , pony tails, signature music, flamboyant style ? Hell no. it wouldn''t work at all. [ FYI - Gold Dust is an updated version of him ]

But i disagree that the show is boring. I feel Extreme Rules was better than Wrestlemania because they allowed the talent to go out there and put on a great show. So WWE is compelling. What i think it lacks are writers that understand the past while using its lessons to create something new in the present.

WWE isnt to blame for Dolph Zigglers change of look, Dolph Ziggler is. He posted on his Twitter that he was changing his look BEFORE he did it. The basis of his new look being the cartoon character Archer, who he is amusingly obsessed with. Dolph changed his look when he left the spirit squad. People ripped into him for months on end when he was "being booked horribly" and "had no character." But what did he do? he took the time to develop his character slowly. Vickie has been talking about the new attitude, and ive noticed a change, hes even more aggressive and also using even more mat based wrestling than before. Give the guy time to develop the character like he needed time before. Who knows he may well just have a long term plan for where this is going.

As for WWE's direction now? im pretty excited about it. R-Truths heel turn has been pretty interesting so far. Im really interested in seeing what Miz will do post Over the Limit as this is the true test of his Main Event status, how will he bounce back from his loss? Cody Rhodes has a hugely interesting character at the moment. Morrisons injury is a blow but his return and subsequent push is something to look forward to. Alberto Del Rio has been a huge success story for them. Punks character is one of the most interesting characters i have EVER seen in a WWE ring. So while i respect your opinion i have to politely disagree as i feel there are more than enough interesting characters who get over without needing over the top storylines.

Clearly you didn't read when I wrote that I wasn't a fan of the attitude era, how I don't need blood, cursing or tables. Most of you are missing the point but that's to be expected. Most of the population is content with mediocrity, and you have further solidified that observation. I love the WWE and I'll always watch, I'm allowed to feel hopeless and discouraged with their current efforts. Them stripping Ziggler of his look was just an example of how uncreative and lazy they have become. Way to miss the point, fellas.

Well, clearly you didn't read what I wrote. I hate Ziggler's new look. Maybe it was his decision to cut his hair. Just like it was probably Punk's decision to cut his. WWE has gotten considerably better in 2011. Somewhere around 2008, they lost it. However, it's not as cringeworthy. Also, we don't need blood cursing and tables for wrestling. I'm fine with just a good, well put-together wrestling match. Did you catch Daniel Bryan v. the faceless one? It was great. WWE may not be what it used to be in terms of storylines, etc. However, it's not as sad as it was a few years back.

i have a complaint about micheal cole and lawler taking up months and months of air time, 2 diff times now cole has pissed off swagger so cole appears to be alone but all is well as this announcer is making a fool out of a legend (and J.R so 2 legends), and what the f*** is the point of having them wrestle 3 times now on 3 diff pay per views and not to mention taking up too much time at mania and losing everyones interest...what the hell are they doing??? you are not pushing any young stars if it should have ended at mania and cole bounced to smackdown and J.R put back on Raw. i turn on smackdown to escape it but Cole is on there too.

sometimes we need to vent so thank you for making this thread!!!

i have a complaint about micheal cole and lawler taking up months and months of air time, 2 diff times now cole has pissed off swagger so cole appears to be alone but all is well as this announcer is making a fool out of a legend (and J.R so 2 legends), and what the f*** is the point of having them wrestle 3 times now on 3 diff pay per views and not to mention taking up too much time at mania and losing everyones interest...what the hell are they doing??? you are not pushing any young stars if it should have ended at mania and cole bounced to smackdown and J.R put back on Raw. i turn on smackdown to escape it but Cole is on there too.

sometimes we need to vent so thank you for making this thread!!!

A Men. I am sick of this BS that the WWE is now showing on every show. I'm sick of Cole, I'm sick of King, I'm sick of all of these morons who do nothing but talk.

Why did the WWE have to become a soap opera? Why can't there be 97% less talk? I have never seen a worst Wrestlemania than this years. The Rock didn't host anything, he came out and talked 2 or 3 times, at a show when hosting is important. They took out MITB, which was a huge mistake. It seems Wrestling is on the back burner to soap opera BS and other useless crap.

WrestleMania wasted a lot of time with talking, but did also have a lot of good wrestling. Edge/ADR, Orton/Punk, and Mysterio/Rhodes were all quality matches. Taker/HHH was a classic. The rest of the matches were underwhelming, but it's not like every Mania ever has had a stacked card without any stinkers. As far as Cole vs. Lawler goes, I find it hilarious because I love Cole's heel character. I do agree that it's gone on too long now, but I think Cole's character should continue in some form after it ends, possibly by being revealed as the RAW GM. Then they could bring back Ross permanently and have him, Lawler, and Matthews commentate RAW.

WWE has always been a soap opera, especially as it relates to RAW. If you want good wrestling, I suggest watching SmackDown, Superstars, and PPVs. RAW and NXT are usually lacking in that department, but are entertaining for people who prefer the more promo-based aspects (even though I personally think NXT is terrible and hasn't done a damn thing for any of the rookies after Season One).

Cole sucks. Cena needs to turn heel. randy needs to be face for a little while and then go back to heel. more original story lines, we have alot of crap going on in the middle east and with illegal immigration, make a character who exploits that stuff. idk make an annoying hipster character. make a character who claims to be a demon and uses awesome high flying mooves that can put people in the hospital dont make him flamboyant but dark like a high flying undertaker, but more bad ass (tall order i know) idk SOMETHING to make it a little less pg and pc

TEH STUPID WWE IZNT AS GUD AS IT WUZ WHEN I WAS A KID AND IT WAS FRESH!!!! WHY CAN'T IT BE AS FUN AS WHEN I FIRST STARTED WATCHING?????

Can we spam here? It's a complaint thread, like a box you can put your slip of paper in?

WWE would greatly benifit from bringing back some midcard talent or at least bringing back a few forgotten "Sports Entertainers" (because there not wrestlers anymore.) Carito would be great to get back and would add another heel persona in the mid card. If WWE wanted to get ballsy they could attempt to get Rhyno back and maybe give him a push (Maybe a feud with Orton or Cena... or C.M Punk.) Why not bring back Maven? You could stick Maven with anyone because he is a great buffer.. Sorta like a Dolph Ziggler. Once Gregory Helms gets healed, they could bring back the cruiserweight divison or even push him into main event status with Cena. A few other names could be brought back just to add depth to the rosters, Mark Jindrack, Rene Dupree, Finlay, Kenny Dykstra, Mike Knox, along with a few bigger names like Lashley and Batista.. Oh wait theres a cash feud right there! If WWE wanted to add more depth to there rosters then why not add a few former employees? As long as they would stray away from horrible gimmicks like Heidenreich and Eugene.. i think it would be a great idea.

I think WWE's biggest problem right now is the repeating of the same main event or matches every pay per view. Do we really need to see the same main event 3 pay per views in a row? This kills anything special about the feud. Feuds were great in the past because they didn't occur every month on every pay per view. Think as a pay per view buyer, why spend $40 on a pay per view that had the same card as the last two pay per views? Most main stream fans likee variety and new things. Too much of something can sometimes be a bad thing.

I think WWE's biggest problem right now is the repeating of the same main event or matches every pay per view. Do we really need to see the same main event 3 pay per views in a row? This kills anything special about the feud. Feuds were great in the past because they didn't occur every month on every pay per view. Think as a pay per view buyer, why spend $40 on a pay per view that had the same card as the last two pay per views? Most main stream fans likee variety and new things. Too much of something can sometimes be a bad thing.

agreed but ..... i think the problem is TOO MANY damn ppv's in a short period of time the feuds dont have time to build ..... they wouldnt have to repeat so many matches IMO everything should build up to .... 1 wrestlemania 2 summerslam 3 elimination chamber 4 royal rumble

Well if you DO NOT want to spend money on Pay per Views. You need to see what Sports Bars in your area show them. I have one in Jackson, MS that only shows WWE. I will NEVER spend my own money on WWE PPV's ever again!!

Part 2......I listen to the PW Torch podcast (Wade Keller) Mon-Fri on my Iphone. They stated that WWE does not spending time developing the PPV's. They never announce all the matches ahead of time. They are dropping the ball hard on storylines. WWE does not make the mid carders on TV like the old days. It is all about the Main eventers. WWE dropped the ball on REAL tag teams as well. Breaking up the Hart Foundation and Chryme Tyme and making them feud against each other.

Dear WWE. If Cena and Orton BOTH got injured at the same time!!! What will you do. The World DOES NOT revolve around them.. You have other talent to push....Evan Bourne, Kofi, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Zack Ryder, ETC. You need to focus on ALL of the belts as well. Every Wrestlemania. Every belt was on the line!!!!!

I have a valid complaint...

How come all the rising stars have high teenage style voices.. Michaels was about 4 feet tall but his voice was rough and ready like a real fighter... Im listening to Miz, Ziggler Riley Morrison and they sound like teenage guys...

The reason Stone Cold, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Michaels, Cena were stars is not only because they are great wrestlers.. But because their voices were loud.. rough and ready and rememberable... not like this weak shit you hear these days..

Thank you for your time... IF YA SMELLLLALALALOW what the Hazuki1988 is cookin... (That didnt really work)

Aside from most of the blatant stuff (like bland personalities, many restrictions due to the PG rating, so on and so forth) my biggest complaint at this moment is those awful white ring ropes they use for every single episode of RAW. Call it nitpicking, but it's made watching RAW a miserable experience.

The color white just seems depressing, lifeless if you will. Wasn't RAW always considered the red show? Heck, Smackdown still sticks to their traditional blue ropes so why can't RAW? When your ring posts are white, your ring canvas is white, and your ropes are white, there's such an imbalance of colors right there. Why not add a little spice or flare instead of making your ring look like a giant cloud.

White ropes should be a novelty, only used for big PPV's, but no, they've already ****ed the hell out of it and it's definitely not sitting well with me.

I'm so bored with the anonymous raw GM gimmick. Stone Cold being announced as GM next week should get me excited, but it doesnt. I dont know about everyone else but I remember when the gimmick started it was exciting and I would hang on every word when the GM would Chime in. WWE need to do something with it, maybe a really exciting storyline like when the nexus first came into the wwe.

So let me get this straight. The WWE promotes anti-bullying throughout their programming wth the Bella Twins And John Cena as 2 of the spokes people and in the past 2 weeks the Bellas have bullied Kharma because of her weight and this week John Cena and Stone Cold poor beer on Michael Cole and then give him a stunner and Attitude Adjustment for no reason.

Am I the only one who finds this to be extremely hypocritical?

I have a valid complaint...

How come all the rising stars have high teenage style voices.. Michaels was about 4 feet tall but his voice was rough and ready like a real fighter... Im listening to Miz, Ziggler Riley Morrison and they sound like teenage guys...

This I have an answer for: steroid usage deepens voices...and well, before Benoit...roiding was common

as for a general complaint:

can we not insult the intelligence of the the fans by rewriting history for the sake of a storyline? I get that occassional mistakes happen..but blatantly rewriting the past (excluding Benoit) is just stupid.

One of the only thing's I hope is that they keep John Morrison off of RAW. Put him on Smackdown, do something else with him. Please for the love of God don't make him fued with R-Truth becuase he'll just bring the qaulity of not only RAW, but R-Truth down. He just makes everything socially akward and is not a very good wrestler.

And is he really missed? I rarely see anybody talking about him the last few week's. Hell, I just realized he was injured yesterday.

RAW's been very great the last few week's. Don't ruin it now.

Lack of a good main event scene on either show. They killed their heels for so many years they have to bring mid carders up to a main event status just to fight Cena. They haven't invested in any of their young talents future. Sheamus went from ecw guy, to world champion, to jobber, back to a credible heel which doesn't make sense. John morrison is getting pushed but he should have been getting that push last year after his great run on smackdown. Their tag team division sucks. Ted Dibiase was getting victories over Triple H and Shawn Michaels and now look at him. Where's Drew mcIntyre? There's so many things run with how they use their talent. Only John Cena, Randy Orton, and a few veterans can expect to look strong.

WTF is up with Sin Cara's mood lighting?!?! I know I haven't watched wrestling in a little while, but I find this lighting while watching a match to be extremely extremely annoying!!! I just don't really get it. I do remember they did this with old school kane for a while back until he finally fought the undertaker at mania. But this seems pretty lame-o to me

WTF is up with Sin Cara's mood lighting?!?! I know I haven't watched wrestling in a little while, but I find this lighting while watching a match to be extremely extremely annoying!!! I just don't really get it. I do remember they did this with old school kane for a while back until he finally fought the undertaker at mania. But this seems pretty lame-o to me

This is my greatest complaint in the WWE as well. The lighting does absolutely positively nothing for me as a fan when watching Cara's matches. They aren't billing him as some god like character so why in the world should he get god like blue lighting? Sin Cara needs to actually win something significant before the WWE decides he deserves his own special lighting. Also, personally I would give him a new theme song. Something that still says Mexican, but a little more upbeat. He is too high flying to have his weird chant song.

I gave up on WWE a while ago. I don't watch anymore and I'm happy I don't. From time to time I check up on here to see if anything's changed. It hasn't. It won't.

Vince thinks he doesn't need your money to stay in business. And he's right. Continuing to fund that garbage while the product doesn't change is only making Vince a richer man while he's mocking you. Turn the TV off. Vote with your feet.

Be honest - you won't be missing much. What would you give up? Seeing Cena cut a lousy promo? Watching bad and formulaic matches with people who would have been lower midcard and jobbers back in the day? Watching a mediocre heel struggle to get over with the crowd, put on a respectable match and lose to the usual Cena finish? Be real.

You can live without pro wrestling. Hurt their ratings. Make them miss you. Turn the TV off and get the 2 hours of your life back. I did, and I won't go back until something changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back