WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me, a fan who began watching just before the Attitude Era, today is painful but I don't like to bitch and moan as I still choose to watch it. People who watch it, buy merchandise, pay for tickets/PPVs and then slate it baffle me as they are still supporting the product. If you are supporting a product, then do just that and get behind it. If not, watch TNA or another sport/entertainment.
However that isn't to say the WWE can't be better, but be constrctive instead of acting like the WWE is going to make you pull out your eyes.

I think the creative team have a harder job than anyone in the business now we are PG and PC.
How do you shock and scare a crowd who is predominantly under 18? How do you keep the Attitude Era fans entertained when there are no head shots with weapons, no blood, no "puppies?" I feel sorry for the creative team actually.

Complaint One - Entrance Music

There's something really grinding about how blatantly the mythos of the competitor(s) are within the first lines of some of the songs;
Dolph Ziggler's 'I am perfection'
The Corre's 'I've had enough'* (actually, are they still using that?)
Cody Rhodes' pre-'Phantom' turn music was horrible but the remix is quite cool

Literally the three best entrances in all of wrestling. How can you not find those entertaining? Well except for the Corre, who are about as cool as my mum slow dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.

It's pro wrestling, if all wrestlers picked their favourite songs instead of something which suited their character, then how would we know who to cheer for and who to boo? Try as you might, even if it's Satan himself, if he comes out to some Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, that crowd is going to pop to the awesome power of Stevie Nicks.

I think I got a little off track.

Generic rock music sucks though. Jim Johnston characterized the Attitude Era with songs that mostly fall within your idea of "mythos" within entrances. And he rocked.

Literally the three best entrances in all of wrestling. How can you not find those entertaining? Well except for the Corre, who are about as cool as my mum slow dancing to the Black Eyed Peas.

It's pro wrestling, if all wrestlers picked their favourite songs instead of something which suited their character, then how would we know who to cheer for and who to boo? Try as you might, even if it's Satan himself, if he comes out to some Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, that crowd is going to pop to the awesome power of Stevie Nicks.

I think I got a little off track.

Generic rock music sucks though. Jim Johnston characterized the Attitude Era with songs that mostly fall within your idea of "mythos" within entrances. And he rocked.

Are you being sarcastic? The best three entrances in wrestling? No. Not now, not ever. Ever.

As you said, generic rock music sucks, and that's how I see a lot of the current/new entrances. I'm not saying they're ALL bad, but my example with Dolph is that it's far too blatant and shows a lack of imagination. I'm also fairly certain someone else used it briefly and I thought it was crappy then too.

Again, I'm not completely bashing Johnston either. The examples I gave in response to DDP I believe were all JJ creations, but lets bear in mind that just because a recording artist has had some success in the past doesn't mean they are always as good or as consistent as that, and if you don't like their current stuff you're allowed to say so. I don't, so I do.

Sorry man, but the entrance music for the WWE superstars is spot on and its actually one of the things the WWE are best at choosing. Have you seen the entrance music for the wrestlers in TNA? Jim Johnstone is, in my opinion, a genius.

Anyway, the WWE only has 2 real problems. The lack of women wrestlers and the lack of tag teams! Yeah, you can argue that their storylines arent original but to be fair, every single storyline there ever could be has probably been used!

1) Yeah, I agree. Jim Johnston is a freaking legend. That whole "3 seconds of music" thing is true and Johnston is, as you say, a genius.

2) On the whole I prefer WWE to TNA but I have to say TNA does better at tag teams and women. I think if time is invested in either women or tag teams, it has to be done seriously. In fact, I think there are too many women compared to how little air time they get. They aren't the Knockouts, but there are around as many Divas as there are KOs, if not more.

As for tag teams, well, for a tag team to get over they at least have to:

A) Be given air time
B) Have personality
C) Have legit chemistry as a tag team

Santino and Kozlov are, in spite of what many people think, a good team, or at least the best WWE has right now, by virtue of the fact that they fulfill all three of the above criteria. Although I'm glad Kane and the Big Show are a team as there's no room for them in ME so at least they have something worthwhile to spend time on - improving the tag team division. Kane and Show are higher-profile than most teams in recent memory (Usos, Hart Dynasty, Slater & Gabriel)

I love watching WWE with my family but i have three main issues with it:

Tag Team wrestling

I have not seen a good tag team match that i could get into for a while now. The best tag team i have seen so far was the hart dynasty(i am new to WWE, started wayching in January 2010) and now tey are broken up. Now we are left with random tag teams creative makes up winning the titles, How do they come up with the winners, choose two names out of a hat? The tag teams that are random have no history, no chemistry, and the resulting matches are so predictable.

Bad Storylines

For example, the laycool counselor office storyline, the paul bearer/edge/kane storyline, and there are alot more that i can think of given the time to do so. It wastes time and most of the time means nothing in the long run. It is ok to have storylines so long as they are meaningful and has to do with something. The hornswoggle trying to learn how to speak sucked and was dropped after about three weeks and it changed nothing.

Women wrestling

I hate watching the divas wrestle, that too is predictable. Also, the matches they do have are so short and they have horrible storylines. Most matches are two minut catfights that noone cares to see. The best match i have seen so far was Beth Phoenix and Natalya take on Laycool in a tables match. It lasted more than five minutes and the divas showed skill. They need to build on that type of match ups.

I'm not a huge critic of the WWE however I have a few concerns that I currently have to express.

Hesitant

Now you may ask what this has to do with the WWE. I feel that the WWE needs to pull the trigger on things they tease faster. For example we have been seeing for the last 4 weeks now it seems the Corre showing signs of breaking up. Personally I am tired of seeing things like this happen. Also a few weeks ago didn't we see Mason Ryan attempt to Punt Orton where Punk wanted to. Another thing that they slowly brought to fruition. It simply is annoying to see so much teasing when the truth is everybody wants to see something significant happen at each show they watched.

Tag Division

I remember reading somewhere that Vince said tag teams were overrated. If there is going to be no effort in the division then why have it. I liked it a lot actually back when you had JeriShow, DX, Straight Edge Soceity. Now it seems like it has died. But I have no need to post more arguments on it considering everyone else has.

I know this is a relatively minor complaint, so it's probably not worth a thread on it, but I feel the phrase that " ________ has put the locker room on notice" by someone on the announce team has become so overused it's really lost all meaning. For crying out loud, Cole used it on smackdown just because sheamus kicked daniel bryan.

Honestly, when was the last time that someone truly put the locker room on notice? Announcers say that phrase all the time, but nothing really happens or changes. No one from the locker room is afraid of this individual as a result of whatever act warranted that comment.

And again, even that could be forgiven if this wasn't a phrase mentioned every few weeks or so, by someone. But since it is, it has become lame, repetitive, meaningless drivel.

The Anonymous Raw General Manger

I can't believe this thing is still going on. What's the purpose? Are we ever going to find out who the Raw GM really is? Or will it just be seamlessly replaced and we'll pretend like it never happened? It's time to end this thing and give a character the chance to be the Raw GM. I like the idea of JBL personally. Maybe CM Punk can do it until they figure out his wrestling status. Heck, how about Edge if he wanted to do it. Just please end this stupid little gimmick.

The Announcing

So many problems. I know I speak for an overwhelming majority of people that simply want this ridiculous Cole-Lawler/Ross feud to end. And then, because of this feud, you have shows were it's Cole for 20 minutes and then maybe JR comes in or it's just King and Matthews or Matthews and Booker. I don't know... It's just incredibly annoying.

I think WWE did great when it just rolled with it. i think theyre trying WAY too hard nowadays to impress the WWE Universe and its backfiring........big time. My step-bro's got me into wrestling around 6 or 7 years ago and I've loved it since. Last year i grew out of it for about all of 2010 until winter time when i met a new guy at school who liked it and i got back into it.......MAJORLY. But now he AND i have both seen that its dying. The wrestling itself looks awful, the storylines kinda suck, and well WM27 was just plain awful IMO. They need a major do over if they want to keep teen-age to adult fans because we all miss the good days in the WWE, you know you do.

I only have a few complaint's.

One, the Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler storyline. I am honestly surprised that Cole won at Extreme Rules. Seem's to me they would've ended the fued there because I honestly have no clue what else they can do in this storyline. IMO, Lawler should've won at WM.

Rock vs. Cena should've been at this year's Wrestlemania. Having it in 11 month's can prove to be a crucial mistake.

They really should break up the New Nexus now. Also, putting Punk in the Nexus was a stupid move. A fued between Pink and Cena would've been awesome without The Nexus involvement. Also, the way they ended the fued seemed very half-assed.

I think they should've gave Wade Barret/The Corre a more dominate heel theme, not a modern generic rock theme.

I wish they would stop showing RAW replay's on NXT and Smackdown. I already saw the promo, I don't need to see it again. The NXT before Wrestlemania was 40 minutes of promo's from the following RAW, what a waste of time and I haven't watched NXT since. This is really a dumb thing WWE does. A RAW rebound or something like that isn't bad, but playing a promo for the main event of another show is just stupid.

They should ease up on the scripted promo's. Like Stone Cold said, it take's away the originality of the superstar or diva who's trying to get over. Their not thinking for themselves, but reading off something someone else wrote. It's hard to develop your own character when someone's telling you what to say. The R-Truth promo seemed very unscripted, very himself. I'm not saying I want shoot promo's every weeks with words like "ass, damn, bitch, and ****e," in it like another company. I'm just saying they should lessen the grip on the scripted promo's and see how superstar's act and say when their not told what to say. Scripting the Hall of Fame ceremony seemed really, well stupid. I understad you don't want people name-dropping people who aren't in your company anymore. But, they can just tell them, "Don't mention Hogan, Flair, Hardys, RVD, Benoit." Or any other superstar they wish them to not mention. To script what their saying when their going into the Hall of Fame comes of a little pushy to say the least.

The only thing that really bothered me this week was the back and forth with Cole and King. WWE is supposed to be PG television and whether we like it or not, bad mouthing someones (recently) dead mother is not the sort of thing that we should be teaching our kids. I thought WWE was against bullying? Cole and WWE overstepped the mark, whether King agreed to it (he wants to keep his job so is a yes man) it was wrong!!

I really hope King legimately fucks up Cole in their final match as he seems to be enjoying this just a little bit too much. Before you guys say "its all scripted". I know but it was just to disrespectful for me to accept, Cole has enough cheap heat as it is.

Also how bad are Rey and R Truth on the mic? Truly Awful.

Loved the interuption by Roberto Rodriguez and his drop kick. Very funny.

=Peep;3098771]The Anonymous Raw General Manger
I can't believe this thing is still going on. What's the purpose? Are we ever going to find out who the Raw GM really is? Or will it just be seamlessly replaced and we'll pretend like it never happened? It's time to end this thing and give a character the chance to be the Raw GM. I like the idea of JBL personally. Maybe CM Punk can do it until they figure out his wrestling status. Heck, how about Edge if he wanted to do it. Just please end this stupid little gimmick.

I agree about this Raw GM thing being run into the ground. I thought we would find out who the GM is back in October! Now I don't even care anymore who the Raw GM is. I seriously dont. When a new email comes in I just say to myself.....read the damn email and get it over with....who cares?!

So we all know WWE is just simply that now. No more World Wrestling Entertainment. I'm not going to make this about how they are disrespecting the tradition of wrestling, I wanna focus on the way they have taken the company to new lows with their lack of creativity and absolute neglect of all things cool, creative and thought provoking.

I wanna touch on my main issue with the WWE.
They took a man who was clearly improving and working hard to stand out, Dolph Ziggler, and they aborted his whole character for the sake of what? He's completely generic and blah. They should have changed his name while they were at it. And I have the perfect one in mind.

Nicky Bourton because let's be honest, with his new haircut he looks like a blend between Randy Orton and Evan Bourne. Terrible. I wonder if vince realized that the only things cool about Doplph were his gloves and his blonde hair. Now he's got black tights and a 10 dollar haircut from the supercuts. Yes, I'm bitter and it's because as soon as I start getting behind someone , they strip him of his coolness and I just don't know why.

Let me also voice how disgusted I am with the impatient, lazy booking thats being displayed week in and out. When was the last time someone was given a mic and told to "get themselves over" ? Oh yea, when Daniel Bryan cut a brilliant promo on NXT. Look at him now. Barely given attention by creative. I'm by no means a Bryan mark, as a matter of fact I prefer a gimmick and a story over pure wrestling.

Long gone are the days of off premise promos and interviews like when Cena visited Takers gravesite, or when Jake was shown mentoring Warrior in the dark dungeons. How hard is it to write a compelling story and have strong characters? It's not. They just don't care. The WWE isn't hungry anymore and it sucks for us true fans that grew up loving the company. It's no longer an escape from reality, it's a reminder of how boring and generic life can be.

So onto my question...
With all of the generic story lines, lame cue card promos and the super generic workers...do you think the future of the company is as bleak as I do or do you still hold onto hope that glory days will return?

You don't like the new WWE? Put yourself in with the 30 other IWC members who feel the same way.

Welcome to the PG Era, where the kids will buy into anything. This kind of stuff happened before The Attitude Era as well, and many people seem to forget that. Now I'm not saying that there will be another Attitude Era, but the product will change again.

You're mad at WWE for changing Ziggler's hair color? Boo-fucking-hoo. Hair color doesn't mean anything in the WWE. Dolph is still the same character that he was when he had blonde hair. If he can continue to wrestle well, cut good promos, and garner heat, he will continue to be pushed.

The WWE is not boring, you just have to get your head out of your ass and realize that this is the way it's going to be for a while. We can't all live in the past, the company had to change, and it did. So stop complaining. If you hate WWE and their antics so much, then go watch TNA. But at the end of the day, you'll come running back.

I was a wrestling fan before the term IWC was coined.

I cant stand TNA, so that's surely not an option.

If you think Ziggler is the same then you're just as short sighted and unoriginal as the WWE's creative. Try taking Cena and putting him in wrestling trunks, or let's see what happens if Kane puts on jean shorts. Characters are built though look and Ziggler was destroyed. If I wanna watch generic express model looking guys in black trunks trying to look tough and aggressive, I would watch some sort of MMA nonsense. Pro wrestling is supposed to be larger than life and supply the viewer with a character who is unique and stands out. You're blind if you think Ziggler is standing out anymore.

You're clearly just a sheep who swallows what they feed you. The PG era has absoluelty nothing to do with my disdain for the WWE. I grew up in the "cartoon" era and it still gave me compelling quality stories that weren't bubble gum generic. (see the Jake/savage or flair/savage feuds) i dont want or need blood, tables or curse words. I don't even like the attitude era. I just want some effort and desire by the company I grew up loving.

You're confusing complaining with venting and my hope to spark conversation.
Thought that was what these boards were for junior.

The WWE of now is the same as the WWE in 1989. There is only three guys they want to push, and everyone else is just there. That's why when a guy like Ziggler begins to get over, they do an sudden stop, and give him a needless make over. The WWE is happy with the Miz, Cena and Randy Orton as the only ones they want to build around, with everyone else just there as window dressing. WWE has been god aweful for nearly five years now, just everyone else was wasting time mocking TNA to notice.

You're right. You ARE bitter...

WWE is generic? Yeah...it is. But that's not based on ONE guy..that's based on the fact that they've pretty much done EVERY STORYLINE THEY CAN over 28 years and they HAVE to repeat the same storylines as what were done before. Funny, theyve been around for so long that yes, they're going to repeat things...

Zigglers new look? I'm not a fan...but thats personal. He's still in for a rise. A bleach blond look and leopard print gloves dont make a man.

MMA...you touch on that. The FASTEST RISING sport in America today...it's "nonsense" because it doesnt deliver all these soap opera storylines...right?

Thing is, WWE HAS changed. It HAS evolved and it HAS become about the kids. It's not looking at a demographic of people YOUR age anymore, its looking for a demographic of children and teens. Doesn't mean its boring though...

The pay per view just gone...Extreme Rules...was one of the best in ages. FAR from boring, it had all those moments that made you want to watch more. Funny thing is RAW and SD haven't been terrible lately neither.

This post just reeks of what you've already said it's about. Bitterness.
Take it elsewhere...we really dont wanna hear it.

Oh...
And to those who DENY they're a part of the IWC...that they were fans "before" IWC was invented etc...

We all post here.
We are a community.
We post about Wrestling.

WOAH, we're a wrestling community. We're all in it. We're all a part of the IWC. Sure I dont like what some of the members post, sure I hate how some people get about wrestling and how people attack Orton or attack creative because of bad decisions etc...but I will never deny I'm a part of the IWC.

Please. Get over yourself.

Awesome rant on the very generic WWE. I honestly thought Dolph Ziggler was one of the most original heel characters in the WWE, but they had to change him. Well to be honest the WWE was in their best during their Golden Era, when guys lile Hogan, Warrior, Flair, Perfect, Rude were around, they were all very original in their characters and good talents, now the WWE is getting very generic, this whole boring dark heel thing started when Orton started punting people in the head, and unfortunatly it became very popular in today's PG Era.

Sure, Ziggler looks a little more generic now, but that doesn't mean his character is destroyed. What did he do before? He had greasy blond hair and a leopard print glove. He rarely ever talked on the mic(usually it was to stick up for Vickie) and Vickie was the one who got him all of his heat. With his new hair, he still has the same ring skill and same mic skills.

Same guy different look.

OMG Dolph Ziggler's hair is brown! Oh my god what are we going to do? Lets all write Vince a letter and tell him about it. Really? your mad because of that? My god do you need a life. How is that disrespecting the Wrestling Fans?

You don't like the new WWE? Put yourself in with the 30 other IWC members who feel the same way.

Welcome to the PG Era, where the kids will buy into anything. This kind of stuff happened before The Attitude Era as well, and many people seem to forget that. Now I'm not saying that there will be another Attitude Era, but the product will change again.

You're mad at WWE for changing Ziggler's hair color? Boo-fucking-hoo. Hair color doesn't mean anything in the WWE. Dolph is still the same character that he was when he had blonde hair. If he can continue to wrestle well, cut good promos, and garner heat, he will continue to be pushed.

The WWE is not boring, you just have to get your head out of your ass and realize that this is the way it's going to be for a while. We can't all live in the past, the company had to change, and it did. So stop complaining. If you hate WWE and their antics so much, then go watch TNA. But at the end of the day, you'll come running back.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, Dolph's hair? Really??? Really? He looked unique with the hair, but he might grow it back. Maybe he actually wanted to cut it. I loved the old days. Do I miss Attitude? Hell yeah. However, it was PG then, and we didn't complain. When it was TV 14 in 2006-07, it wasn't as edgy. WWE isn't as edgy and "Holy Shit!" as it used to be, but it's not boring. Not by a long shot. If you want to see people like bleed like a stuffed pig and say "your ass" this and "bitch" that, you can on Spike TV at 9p.m. Think of WWE like Undertaker or Jericho. They have to change and freshen up at some point.

I dont understand why they didn't just call it something like "WWE - World Wide Entertainment" if they were atleast desperate to remove Wrestling...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I loved the old days. Do I miss Attitude? Hell yeah. However, it was PG then, and we didn't complain. When it was TV 14 in 2006-07, it wasn't as edgy. WWE isn't as edgy and "Holy Shit!" as it used to be, but it's not boring. Not by a long shot. If you want to see people like bleed like a stuffed pig and say "your ass" this and "bitch" that, you can on Spike TV at 9p.m. Think of WWE like Undertaker or Jericho. They have to change and freshen up at some point.

Clearly you didn't read when I wrote that I wasn't a fan of the attitude era, how I don't need blood, cursing or tables. Most of you are missing the point but that's to be expected. Most of the population is content with mediocrity, and you have further solidified that observation. I love the WWE and I'll always watch, I'm allowed to feel hopeless and discouraged with their current efforts. Them stripping Ziggler of his look was just an example of how uncreative and lazy they have become. Way to miss the point, fellas.

I have a multitude of complaints.

I've been watching since I was a kid (almost 18 years of watching) and I'm 25.

Ok, first..

Tag Teams
So many of the stars of yesteryear, the Attitude ERA, and even today started with tag teams. Look at Edge, Christian, Booker T, The Miz...and before that HBK, Rick Martel, British Bulldog, Rikishi - all became big after being tag team wrestlers for awhile. It's not overrated and it's a good way to get more talent on TV and have more gimmicks around which leads to my next gripe

Gimmicks
OK I understand these days it's hard to set up legit gimmicks because this world has gotten ridiculously PG and PC, however, you can still make some gimmicks that are worthwhile and here is how. Take John Cena, for example, you know his gimmick came about originally? He was heard freestyling in the locker room by Stephanie McMahon and she said why don't you make that you're gimmick? Remember, he was Joe Original too when he FIRST started. You can do the same with guys like Gabriel (see his Twitter page) by doing things based off their real personality. Cena is great (I don't like him) because he's actually just being himself and he's natural for him to get over. You should do that with the majority of your roster and if you can't then create something else, maybe something based off things that are going on in the world. Maybe JoBlo in the back likes to rebuild cars...ok it's silly but it's a start...

Demographic
OK, what I mean by this is that in all reality yes kids watch WWE, but really it's parents of these kids that do because they were there in the Attitude Era and want to bring that back, so you can be edgy, PG-13, and risky. Yeah sponsors are easier to keep if you have PG, but what do they care as long as they are making money? The problem with PG is that you're limited and therefore you create blandness. Don't be afraid "to go there." If it fails, it fails. Nobody is going to stop watching and that's the truth. That's the confidence WWE had in the late 90's, early 2000's. They don't have that anymore. They are appeasing the sponsors rather than the fans. I believe the sponsors and the network won't get rid of you as long as you're a ratings giant and make them money. So, point being don't really cater to kids in terms of your product. Kids see worse on TV everyday, I promise. It's just the world we live in.

Last thing...
Too many PPVs!
One of the other reasons we have terrible storylines is the fact that we have too many PPVs. They have to hotshot a storyline in three weeks and that's not enough time especially with the brand extension. That means you have 3 episodes to push something. That's not good TV. It takes time to develop. The only way I can say keep the PPVs the way they are is to get rid of the brand extension, have one World Title, drop the US Title, and keep the IC. You would also have to decrease the roster size, but you know it's quality over quantity.

Sorry for the long rant and if you disagree, that's fine. Just my two cents. Thanks.

While I won't just attack the OP as most have done I do disagree with him and so does every other viewer that still watches wrestling. I still get excited monday mornings knowing Raw is on and WWE is still one of the higher rated shows on cable tv. And the thing with Dolph is a bit silly bc you don't know if it was Dolphs idea to cut his hair, he could have been sick of the hair and gloves I.e like kane got sick of wearing a mask. He did have short hair in his spirit squad days. It makes me think it was his personal decision to do so bc it wasn't a complete repackage of his character. Same basic trunks and boots, same music, same vickie, same move set. He is a little darker of a heel since but that could have been creatives response to his personal hair cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back