Worst Show of the Year

• Sacrifice

• Over the Limit

• 1/4 Impact

• Bound For Glory

• Hardcore Justice

• Turning Point

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know if it's the ECW fan boy in me or not but I really enjoyed Hardcore Justice from beginning to end. My pick for the worst show is Over the Limit. The play on words of the event that Owen had died at 11 years before was the first that that made me dislike the PPV from that start. The only match that I was looking forward to that night ended in a botch by Randy and him getting himself hurt. The main event ended in so stupidly and made Batista look like a pussy when he was supposed to be a strong heel.

Should this be renamed Disappointing Show Of The Year???

I mean some of the TNA shows were more disappointing to me than right out bad (the Jan 4th Impact comes to mind) but they still had some good matches which made up for the poor storylines.

Hardcore Justice

Not only did it not live up to expectations, but why did we need ANOTHER resurgence of the former ECW?? These guys need to get over the fact that the company is done, dead, and no longer relevant. Just go away, already,.

So the 1/4 Impact is nominated for both worst and best show of the year? Huh?

I'll go with Over The Limint. It had Edge/Orton, Punk/Rey and Batista/Cena and they were all really underwhelming.

Hardcore Justice. No one cares about ECW anymore and it was a bad move on TNA's part to resurrect ECW in more ways than one. Not to mention that all the matches were completely shit.

While it was hard to choose a TNA one, I went with Over The Limit, just didn't deliver. Not to mention as a Punk mark, I hated seeing his head getting shaved.

Over the Limit may not have lived up to its potential but it wasn't a completely horrible ppv. There were still some solid matches. Hardcore Justice was just awful. Outside of 2 Cold Scorpio's performance everything about that ppv was horrendous. The only match that could have saved it from being a complete disaster was the original main event but once Lynn got injured that was thrown out of the window. No one on here (outside of huge original ECW fans) can tell me that Hardcore Justice was even half the show Over the Limit was. If they do, they are lying. Hardcore justice isn't just the worst ppv this year, it is possibly the worst ppv a major wrestling company (WWE/F, WCW, TNA) has ever had.

Hardcore Justice was just pitiful. Not only did they make a mockery of the original ECW product with the matches they put on, they had Tommy Dreamer vs Raven with Dreamers kids in the front row of a bloodbath. It doesn't get much worse then that. Even the main event felt like a walkthrough rather then a wrestling match between RVD and Sabu.

I have Pretty Much have enjoyed every PPV this Year from both WWE and TNA and I even enjoyed Hardcore for what it was, but I still have to vote for it, Because I enjoyed each PPV on the list more than it

I think you could put Fatal 4 Way or Bragging Rights as better options than the January 4th Impact or Bound For Glory. Bound For Glory wasn't that bad of a show, even though the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't understand why NXT Season 3 wasn't an option. I guess I'm one of a few that suggested it. At least these other shows had wrestling instead of candy eating contests.

I would vote for NXT season 3 since it was an abomination, but since its not an option I picked Hardcore Justice. I didn't watch Over the Limit or Turning Point, but I'm sure Turning Point was no gem. I wasn't crazy about the EV 2 angle starting out, but I was excited hoping to see a violent uncut PPV like back in the glory days of ECW. This PPV turned out to be a joke. There were some good matches. RVD vs. Sabu and Dreamer vs. Raven surprised me. The rest of was just a big joke. It was even worse that it was held at the Impact zone.

Has to be Sacrifice you guys. 1/4 Impact wasn't even the worst show of the night and had one of the better matches of the year main eventing it. Silly that it's even on this list. OTL wasn't great, but was decent enough. I enjoyed Cena/Batista. BFG was an entertaining show, the tag match, RVD/Abyss, and main event were all good enough. Hardcore Justice wasn't as bad as it could have been. At least it was something different, you know? I haven't seen Turning Point yet, but I haven't heard great things about it.

Just look at this Sacrifice card.

MCMG/Beer Money/Team 3D #1 Contenders' Match - Not bad but a little short, from what I remember. And the Guns won, setting up their title reign, which certainly was a positive.

Rob Terry v. Orlando Jordan - for the Global Title apparently. One of the worst PPV matches of the year.

Doug Williams v. Kaz - for the X-Division title. The definition of average.

Madison Rayne v. Tara - It was a KO match, obviously it was shit.

The Band v. Ink Inc - This was a tag title match. Can't think of a more uniteresting pair of team here. They probably had a silly angle going on with the Band at that time too that completely sucked.

Abyss v. Desmond Wolfe - This was the Chelsea v. The Ring match. That's all I have to say.

Jeff Hardy v. Mr. Anderson - Just another unispired and wasted "big matchup."

Sting v. Jeff Jarrett - This was when Sting just beat the shit out of him and they feuded for basically forever with little to no reason or payoff at all.

AJ v. RVD - For the World Title. By far the match of the night, but nothing great.

Easily the worst show of the year.

People made up their mind about hardcore justice before it even aired. It wasn't meant for everyone and I think the people it was meant for enjoyed it. I know I did. Sabu coming through in that last match is something I'll remember for awhile.

They probably pretend it is good because of the nexus ending. Show was horrible even with that IMO.

At least it had something of merit. A great 20 minutes of so can save a show from being the worst. Sacrifice literally had nothing noteworthy or particularly good or important happen. Just a waste of time.

I am not saying viewers choice was the worst, just that I'd watch at least half those on the list over it easily. You do make a strong case for sacrifice. I went with over the limit simply out of principle.

Over The Limit had Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk, Randy Orton vs Edge, The Miz and Chris Jericho vs The Hart Dynasty and of course Batista vs John Cena. The Punk/Rey and Cena/Batista matches were the worst of their respective saga's, Edge/Orton was dull as hell after great build up and not even Jericho managed to get Miz over that night. It was hyped big and had a big card but it completely failed to deliver. And it had Jack Swagger in the worst title defense I've ever seen.

I voted for Bound For Glory and it was a very easy choice. Obviously the choices in the poll were rampant with TNA options, I won't even go there. But Bound For Glory for me was the worst because it was hyped so heavily, it promised so much, it raised hopes in the TNA faithful and expectations from the WWE hoperfuls, and then didn't deliver, and worse still, really didn't even attempt to deliver. "They" were coming for months. Promos, tweets, speculation all running wild but in the end, nothing. "They" weren't coming, they were already there, some of them since day one of the company.

I didn't select any of the other TNA options listed simply because it was so obvious in advance that they were going to be lousy. I mean, did anyone really expect Hardcore Justice to be any good? Apart from the few nostalgia buffs on here, people had to know this was going to be a terrible show. Whereas BFG was hyped as a great show, a groundbreaking show which would rock professional wrestling to it's very core and change TNA Wrestling forever, and well let's just say, it didn't.

I put it on here because it got a ton of nominations. I thought it was decent as it was far more like the original ECW than ONS was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back